Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Palace Of Chance (Open)

Started by Tacocat86, September 09, 2016, 10:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacocat86

"Shifters? Oh, The Changemen. They are not two threatening if you just keep to yourself and don't give any mention of trying to horn in on their goods, Shifters still rob people right? It matters not, you have me!He held up his warhammer threateningly. He walked into the woods, holding his weapon in both hands, fearless and ignorant of what was to come.

Gawfy

Janne nodded in agreement. Surely they wouldn't come out and waste their lives fighting Vahl. He was going easy on me and broke all of my ribs while telling a story! Janne thought as he looked at vahl's massive hammer. Even if i blocked that my bones would be shattered He thought again. He heard a howl behind them. Janne's visor clicked as it came over his faceHe Got company Big guy! He said

Tacocat86

Vahl turned towards the sound and swung his hammer in a broad arc as a shifter in the form of a dire wolf leaped at them, the hammer hit on the long side and sent the shifter flying off into the deep woods. He then held up his left arm, wreathed in a black flame and blasted the shifter before he landed, charring its broken body. "So the shifters have changed a bit since i was gone, they seem to be quite territorial nowadays. At least in these parts." He said, he then hefted his hammer over his shoulder and continued walking.

Gawfy

Janne watched in amazement as this high ranking shifter was blown away. We should bolster here  shifters nowadays never hunt aloneJanne said as he readied a Holy spear in his off hand. What was that flame that charred that wolf in the air Janne asked as he was covering Vahl's back

Tacocat86

"It's a symbol of my rank, at Castle EmberCrest, once you become a high ranking official you get inducted into The Circle of The Inferno, and are bathed in sacred flames until a hidden power within you is unlocked. For me it is Shadow Flames. Others were gifted with better abilities, but I find mine to be handy enough." He kicked an oncoming shifter who was in the shape of a small wyvern, shattering its skull and cracking or fracturing nearly all of its bones.

Gawfy

Janne threw a spear into a shifter wolf that rushed him. Janne counted the figures in the treelines We got 12 circling us and a few more sitting in wait Janne told Vahl. The darkness made it hard to see them from afar. Janne was forced to the ground as one rushed from the side. Biting his arm and tearing it out of place. Janne responded by Crushing its neck with his shield. Should we stay here or go on the offensive?  He asked

Tacocat86

He looked back and simply said, "Both," and with that, he moved his hands to the back of the warhammer's handle and slammed it into the ground, splitting a large crevice into the ground, causing all of the shifters on his side, along with a few trees to fall into the chasm. He then held up his left hand and blew a massive cone of Shadow Flame into the chasm, incinerating not only the shifter's flesh, but their souls as well. He then prepared to assist Janne if the need arises.

Gawfy

As vahl Pludged his hammer into the ground Janne was flung into the air from the quaking earth, catching himself on one of Vahl's Horns as he dammed these beasts to hell. He dropped back down and after the deafening flames quited down all was silent in these woods.  Seems like you sent them Packing Janne said as he snapped his arm back into place Just how many tricks do you have up your sleeve? He asked

Tacocat86

Vahl laughed again, saying "About a thousand years worth." He leaped to solid land and continued walking, unabated through the forest towards the town they were traveling to. He found a path through the winding woods and began to travel along it, hoping that the town wasn't too far away, and that they would reach it without any more issues.

Gawfy

Gawfy kept parallel to vahl. After following the winding paths they had finally arrived at their destination. The medium sized town was by no means a city but anything from small. The guards fled as Vahl approached the gates. After a hour and a half of Janne arguing with the captain of the guard they let agreed to let him in. We should consult the archives at the church janne said. There we might find something about your creed, but first let me take a quick peek into this Inn Janne asked

Tacocat86

Vahl nodded and waited just inside the gates to the city, after a while, some of the people of the town became less afraid, and more curious,  they came up to him with many questions and he gladly answered them all. He began to tell stories of his time as a guard, and of the battles he had been in.

Gawfy

A quick peek turned into a few hours as Janne found that the inn had a bar and had started drinking through his coin purse. After 3 hours of day drinking a townsperson had come in looking for " A man clad in black" as per the goliaths request. Janne dragged himself out of the inn. Alll right i think its aboutlt time we started looking at the churchh He slurred as he stumbed over his own words

Tacocat86

When Janne came out of the inn, Vahl was in the middle of a story about clearing out a bandit hive with his comrades hundreds of years ago. His gaze fell upon Janne, and he realized that the man was drunk. He looked at Janne disapprovingly, saying "I thought you were just going in for a quick peek. Three hours later and you're drunk out of your mind." He shook his head, "Sleep off the booze, I'll be ready to go to the church when you're sober." With that he turned away and continued the story to the villagers who had more or less overcome their shock and were now in complete awe.

Gawfy

Janne walked back to the Inn after yelling A man isnt with out is faults ya know. Before Going into the inn And passing out on the bar. He must have had the worst luck. The next morning around 8 am janne was awoken by his bar stool breaking and hitting his hungover head on ground. After one loud groan of pain and wandered outside to find the goliath sitting near the church. lets go into the church now... he said very quietly

Tacocat86

He stood up silently, "Lets" He opened the doors and stepped through the large doorway, even though he still had to duck. As he stepped in, he crossed his hand over his heart and looked up,"This is a holy place, it is usually best to show respect to the ones who are worshipped here." He put his hammer down gently by the alter and approached the priest with Janne by his side. He had decided to let Janne talk as Vahl was not the most comforting person to meet.

Gawfy

Janne walked in and showned the priest his necklace and and murmured a phrase. The priest  shook his head and notioned for them to follow down through a corridor to a big door way upon opening the door The priest scurried back to the alter. The documents we are looking for are down in the catacombs. But no one has been there on so long anything could be waiting for usHe said as he started climbing downwards. The space was tall enough for vahl to stand up in.

Tacocat86

As Vahl followed Janne his helmet constantly drifted through cobwebs on the descent, and he had to squash one particularly large spider. but for the most part, they reached the catacombs unharmed, upon reaching the bottom Vahl looked around and muttered, "Oo dii rah, that is a lot of dead people." As the walls were lined with cubbies filled with bodies, some wrapped, others just carelessly tossed into the holes in the wall.

Gawfy

We are in Fell. Thats what we call this place now Its just a graveyard of kingdoms. Janne said as he made his way down. there was an uneasy air about this place. Janne gripped his sword.

Tacocat86

Vahl's hand erupted in purple flame, casting a purple light through the catacombs and painting the walls with a soft glow. "So I forgot, what are we searching for down here exactly Janne?" The purple light against his armor made it gleam darkly.

Gawfy

There is an archive on the old kingdoms down here. Janne answered. he sighed in relief. Now he could see around him. There are a plethora of etchings in ancient languages, so i'm thinking if some one left something behind from your time it ended up down here.    Janne said softly  I would have a better idea where in the archive it would be but the priest up there said they stopped sending folks down here about a year ago, They all turned up missing Janne said as he looked at the corpse on and in the walls. They had come across the archive door, But Janne could hear something inside.

Tags: