Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Black-Hearth Life

Started by Salzem, September 10, 2016, 01:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jace

Aeizith did as he had been asked. The mortal froze, quite literally, as Electi's younger brother used his powers to turn the man into a living block of ice before it shattered in Eira's arms. The crimson dragon could literally feel the tension coming from his siblings. Tempers were rising, pity and disgust were emanating from every direction. This was not how the family should be. "Kaida. Do not taunt your sister. She may not embrace what she is, but that doesn't make her any less our blood."

His words were stern, a look of disappointment on his face as he spoke to his youngest sister. He turned back to Eira, now looking sympathetic. "I never quite understood why you chose these.......humans..over your own kind. Why fight your own instincts? I know you have that urge to kill, to hunt and feed." his tone was more questioning now than anything else. It would be clear that he really wanted to understand his sister, that he was looking for an answer as to why she thought her life was better than his. He paused for a moment, not really waiting for a response, but would take one if there was. Then he began to speak again.

He turned around as he spoke this time, his back now facing Eira as he took a few steps forward before turning around and walking back to where he stood before. "These hunters don't scare me. We aren't hiding anymore little sister. We're building an empire. Emilia here has interesting plans for the creatures of this world." he looked down now, adjusting his cuff-links before folding his hands in front of him and lifting his head back up to once more lock eyes with his younger sister.

"We may not see humans the way that you do, and we may never will. You can disapprove of us as much as you wish, but we are still family. Isn't that right, Emilia?" He said her name pointedly, glancing over to his favorite sister. His eyes said 'play nice baby sister'.

ValamLym

Emilia remained largely quiet throughout Eira's lecture. She wasn't just completely un-moved by it, she found it laughable. She parted her lips but her elder brother had already begun speaking. If anything, he seemed to realize if she were to open her mouth her words would be like daggers, at-least so she assumed.

When Kaida stomped back over, she simply embraced her, her hand on her back once more. Gently stroking it, making no move to take the ice away from her, although it did make her feel a bit hungry herself. She'd have to hunt soon. Her gaze flicked back to Electi, who had been questioning her sister as to why she chose to fight her instinct, Good question.. She thought to herself, her eyes moving back and forth between the two.

She simply nodded when her brother spoke of plans. Boy, did she have plans.. she smirked to her inner thought, simply continuing to listen. Her eyes were locked with his, her eyes compassionate and understand. She knew what Eira meant to everyone here, even to herself. But she herself could only express herself with cold calculations and harsh truth. This was further confirmed when her brother locked eyes with her, they spoke more words then his mouth ever could. Quietly she nodded at him, before turning her gaze to Eira.

''Believe it or not all of us here are simply concerned for your well being, you starve yourself because you fight what you are.'' she paused, doing her best to find words that would not feel like daggers ''You cannot expect to grow old like this, to even live like this. Those humans you warn us for are a lot more likely to kill you then us, were well fed, healthy. You grow weaker by the minute cause I -know- you starve yourself, its just like you to do so.''

She waited a moment, letting her words sinking, her fingers dragging through her little sisters silken soft hair. She would never say it, but boy did Kaida help her stay calm right now. Her scent always did help. ''One thing must be said though, humans are much better at killing themselves then we are at killing them, even if we wouldn't exist they'd die in droves.'' She knew this words may sound harsh, but they were the truth. ''The moment they see what you are they wont ask you politely, they'll kill you, despite all your efforts to befriend them. Either that, or you become a mount to serve them.''

Another sigh passed her lips. She really didn't know what to say anymore. Talking to her little sister felt like talking to a brick wall. Although the brick wall was much more likely to actually see reason. She fully understood her sister though, or at-least so she thought. She knew she was simply to kind hearted in her current state to function as a dragon or a human, she was living a fairy tale.. ''Time to stop dreaming little sister.. And wake up.'' she muttered, before turning her attention fully back to Kaida. To many her words were harsh, but to those that know Emilia it would be apparent she held back.

Salzem

Aeizith, despite knowing better and living with his family for over 2000 years, was shocked to hear how mercilessly critical his brother and sister were. It was as if they weren't even talking to family, rather, she was only their sister in name and withheld their full wrath for this reason only. While his elder siblings didn't understand or appreciate anything Eira was doing, Aeizith could understand everything. She feared that the humans might one day rise up beneath them, toppling the ancient dragons just as they had in the stories they told to their young. While Aeizith didn't really believe in these stories either, he didn't think that Eira should be so harshly discarded, so disdained by those who shared her blood. Without a word, the frost dragon began walking towards Eira and, as he drew within arm's length, he spread his arms wide and pulled her into a hug, an act unusually warm for a creature of the frost. He hugged her tightly because he loved her as he did the rest of his family. He loved them so much and hated it when they fought so needlessly. He could practically feel the gazes of his eldest siblings drilling into his back with his youngest, whom he favored. If he cared about Eira just a little bit less, if he followed in the disdainful patterns of his eldest siblings for even a little while, he might have stood with them, staring down his sister.

He didn't though. Aeizith didn't know if Eira would even let him hug her for more than a second after what he did, but he didn't care. He wanted to show her that she WAS loved instead of it being said through clenched teeth, even at the cost of the favor of his eldest siblings and, with a broken heart, Kaida's favor. After a moment, he would let go, stepping back and looking at her with sad, azure eyes.

"Eira... I love you... We love you... We only want you to be safe... We want you to realize that you're putting yourself in intense danger by caring for these humans. I know you must be frustrated with us but please understand that we only want the best for you..." Aeizith paused, his face blushed slightly as he was very uncomfortable with his uncharacteristically open and warm act. "Won't you please come home...?" He finished, eyes on the ground. He was scared to think that Eira might yell at him or even strike the Frost drake for trying to be loving after rubbing out that human's life. He was afraid that after he finished his plea, Eira would push him away and disappear back into the forest from whence she came. Aeizith was afraid that he wouldn't see her again...

Blink

Continuing to lean against her eldest sister Kaida's expression grew agitated. Try as she might she would never be able to understand Eira, or the fact that her siblings were so eager to bring her home. Piping in Kaida had a few comments of her own to make to her dear sister Eira.

"You left us.. for those despicable creatures you would like us to have compassion for." turning to all of her siblings now Kaida continued with her rampage.

"As for all of you, sucking up is beneath you! Eira left of her own free will, she turned her back on us... or did you forget?" for a flicker of a moment an emotion other than agitation crossed her eyes. "Why should you reward such... disgusting... revolting behavior!"

Stomping her foot to the ground Kaida imitated the action of squashing a bug. Truly her serious outburst a surprise to her siblings. The girl that was all fun and games had just become very serious. But what could you expect of someone who does not understand that value of human life. Kaida did not see these beings as anything more than amusement for boredom, or food for feasting upon.

In her eyes Eira had left them all to become a bug herself. "If you are truly here for damage control then my dear sister I will happily give you some 'damage' to control."

In Kaida's eye's drawing attention to herself was the only way to get her point across. Just as she was always pushing Electi's buttons for him to acknowledge her existence she would push Eira's. Unfortunately, it was much easier to hit Eira where it hurt.

Taking a step back not really listening to anything else that any of them had to say her attention turned to the sky. Her thoughts now being centered on how close the next village would be, and how much of a head start she would have to have in order to get there before the rest of them.

glorilyss

Eira could feel the tension mounting in her body, hands balling into fists against her folded arms, eyes practically spitting sparks as scorching as her stare. Her teeth gritted against the look in Kaida's eyes, the reproach, the mirrored disgust on Emilia's face, and Electi's sympathy which felt more like pity than anything. Why had she come here? She'd known she wouldn't be able to save the man, deep down; even if he hadn't been so bad off, how could she take him away from four bloodthirsty, uncaring dragons? It had been a lost cause, and she still might have to fight.

"I do kill, just not like you. Animals, not humans. I'm not fighting anything but cruelty." Okay, so she was being a little dramatic, though she was normally so pragmatic, rock-steady as the earth she drew energy from. She did so now, dropping her arms to her sides and unclenching her fists so that her palms faced the ground, taking a deep breath and feeling the flood of energy inside of her. It was partly a grounding tactic, partly an escape plan in case someone snapped. "You can make your empire if you'd like, but if it means follow Miss Queenie over there, and following everyone's orders, you can count me out." She realized that she may have spoken rashly; her family always made her impulsive. In an effort to make amends for her harsh words, she added a little more quietly, "I know you're family. I get that-"

Emilia's words cut her off, causing Eira's eyes to flit to her older sister. "Oh, I don't starve myself," she growled out in a huff. Just, you know, eat less. No one has to know that, though. And if she's so scared that I'm weak, I can show her just how 'weak' I am. The words begged to leap out of her mouth, but she folded her lips back into a thin line, compressing her anger into a tight-mouth grimace of frustration. Her anger was rising again, spurring the growth of sharp-barbed brambles that sprang from the earth and snaked around her bare legs. "Humans can kill themselves if they like - they get to make that choice for themselves-"

This time, she was interrupted by the pale arms of her youngest brother, already taller than her, wrapping tightly around her. She was confronted by the wall of his thin chest, and for some reason, she felt like crying all over again. The brambles at her feet uncoiled and dropped, and where every thorn hit the earth, brilliantly white daisies sprang up in their place. Her own arms lifted, hesitantly at first, but then with speed, snaking around his waist and clinging desperately. For the second time today, she felt tears in her eyes. Fool, she repeated silently, and then she clung to her brother like he was a rock and she was a wave, crashing against her family like she always had.

When Aeizith pulled away, she had to crane her head up to look him in the eye. "I'm not in any danger, really," she murmured softly. "Nobody knows what I am." Not even me. Funny, how she suddenly felt connected to him more than anyone else, when it was Electi's experience that she respected and Emilia that she'd always wanted to be. Aeizith had always been the quiet one, and when Kaida came along, he'd attached to her. No one had really looked up to Eira like she did to her older siblings. She'd always been the odd one out. And now... he wanted her to come back? They all did?

"I'm sorry, but I can't." It broke her heart to say it, and today had already been too full of emotions. "I still have so much to learn." That, and she couldn't come home only to feel awkward and out of place again. She just didn't fit - not here, not in the villages around the world. The only place she felt alright was in the sky, with wings outstretched - and even that felt barred to her. "But... I haven't been around as much.. and I'll change that, if you'll let me come around."

And then Kaida just had to go being the littlest again, the drama queen. Just like her, she thought with a wrinkled nose. And it almost worked - she could feel the frustration uncoiling in her belly like a dragon of its own, but before she could snap out a retort, she saw the ground at her feet, all the bobbing white flowers, and closed her eyes. Breathe. You're smart. Breath. She flicked her eyes open again, taking a deep breath. "You're right, Kaida. I did leave. I can't explain to you all what I was feeling, but I felt like I had to go." She took a half-step forward, then stopped. She didn't want to make her feel caged, didn't want to have her take off. "But I'm sorry for I left."

Jace

Things began to simmer down quickly, or so it seemed. Kaida was the only immediate worry for Electi. The youngest of the dragons had begun throwing one of her little tantrums, something she tended to do when things weren't going her way. Of course, her words betrayed the hurt she was feeling though. Not that Electi couldn't sense it anyway, but now the rest of them had a clear picture of how Eira's decision to leave had affected their baby sister. "Kaida. Enough. Your outburst is unnecessary. Do not make me calm you down, because I will if need be." the eldest dragon said sternly to the girl. It didn't sound like much of a threat, but all of his siblings knew very well the depths of Electi's powers. He hoped it would be enough to stay whatever act of disobedience would have surely came next from her.

His attention was taken away from Kaida at that moment though, shifting instead to that of Aeizith and Eira who had been embracing one another for a few more seconds after the crimson dragon's eyes settled upon them. Electi simply chose to listen to her sister's explanation of her actions then, taking heed of everyone's emotions so he could act if things seemed heading toward more of a physical outcome. For now it seemed under control.

When she was finished, the eldest dragon moved toward his sister, an obvious look of compassion and understanding taking hold of his face. "No. You haven't been around. And you did leave us. No matter what your reasons were, you left us. Your only true family, our parents excluded." he said as he walked. He slid past Aeizith swiftly, placing both hands on Eira's shoulders while he looked into her eyes. "However, you are still blood baby sister. I'm sure we would all," he said that last word pointedly, glancing first toward Kaida and then Emilia before returning to look at Eira once more, his right hand now moving to cup the left side of her face, "love to have you visit us at the citadel from time to time. Perhaps you and I could even fly together. I think I'd like to hear of your adventures, learn more of what you find so interesting about these mortals."

A smile crossed his face now, images of bright red and green soaring across the skies together flashed through his mind. It was a joyous thought indeed, to be able to roam the skies with Eira as he hadn't done in a few millennia. He leaned in closer then, whispering something into his sister's left ear before kissing her on the cheek and backing away a few steps. 'Watch your temper baby sister, I can only keep Emilia from causing a scene for so long.' were the words that had left his lips so quietly he knew only the green dragon would hear them.

Electi turned to Aeizith then, finally ready to address his brother. "I know how you feel Aeizith. I miss her too, but she wouldn't feel comfortable living among us. I think it's best we just show her that she is welcome, and enjoy her company when she chooses to visit. Don't you think so?" he asked kindly. He knew his brother was a gentle soul, regardless of the hatch-ling's ability to be so fierce when called upon to do so. Each of them with their own personalities, their own goals and beliefs. So different from one another and yet the same. He loved them all. Hopefully this chance meetup would not end in violence as their previous family get-togethers always had.

ValamLym

Emilia was not amused, that was abundantly clear. void energies began cracking her skin as her rage was growing to become the stuff of legend. Traitor.. she thought, eyeing Aeizith. Dark thoughts starting swimming through her mind, she tried her best to keep herself level. But her two siblings seemed only concerned with the complications of their lost little sister, they seemed to underestimate Emilia's wrath, that was a mistake they would regret.

Of-course, he rage was not feared for its simple words. It was feared for the simple fact that throughout it all Emilia calculated the odds. She knew her brother would attempt to use those pathetic powers of his to stop her, she knew he may just have been manipulating her all this time. She bit her lip, clearly growing distant from the conversation, only growing more angry when Electi decided to think her coming over was his call to make. As such, she'd have to do something to stop him from thinking that was a good idea, the solution was simple. a small purple glow emitted in one of her hands, a small purple-ish pebble resting in it now. Her massive advantage was that nobody here was versed in void magic, to them, this would be a pebble.. It was really an anchor though, one that weakened the barrier. With a flick of her finger it flew through the air, lying in the grass.

When Electi's eyes met hers she made up her mind. If her brother's thought they could openly deny her and get away with it, they were wrong. She was in charge and SHE would decide. Nobody else here, they were to advise at best. She parted her lips, her tone cold, even for her ''I do not take insubordination from anyone, least of all you...'' She looked from Electi to Aeizith. ''I killed people for less.'' she continued, she seemed entirely unconcerned with their feelings on the matter, which was simply not true. Had they not done any of the openly defying things she would've happily invited her sister over, but they made a fatal mistake today. Thinking she'd be too stupid or complacent to act.

''You have no say in whether she is welcome in -my- kingdom, you never will either. Your arrogance is noted.'' she then looked at Electi specifically ''I'd advise against using your little trick, if you value her life.'' she drew a sign in the air, purple energies fluctuating before simply vanishing again. ''Marked.'' she simply muttered, before turning toward Aeizith again, the more she spoke, the more angered she became. ''If you, little brother. Ever overstep again.. I won't just discipline you, I will lock you up and forget the key, perhaps your little sister can teach you discipline.''

Finally, she turned to Eira. Emilia seemed somewhat amused ''I honestly never thought you had the guts.. Today you've proven you do. But I'm not sure you should be happy you did. You would've been welcome if it weren't for these two, but I'm sure you can already predict my answer.'' she smirked, biting on her golden claw. Something she did out of habit to keep her anger vocal, not physical. She knew, perhaps more then anyone here, that a fight would end in victory for her, she was the strongest here, although it seemed her siblings absolutely loved forgetting that... Her eyes locked onto Kaida, biting back a few tears Except for one... she thought to herself, feeling overwhelmed by the emotions of anger, sadness and pure hatred. She stepped toward her little sister, before simply slinking down on her knees and coiling her arms around her neck, she had to have the one sibling she could trust close right now, she knew Kaida wasn't very into that, but she knew Kaida would never betray her like her other siblings had. ''I need you little sister, its you and me.. like it always has been.'' she spoke softly, hoping only Kaida would pick up on her words.

Salzem

Aeizith's shoulders slumped at his Eira's response, disappointed. Even though he knew she wasn't going to just come home because he asked, he hoped intensely for that small chance she would give everything up and return. Aeizith did not turn or even appear to react at all as Kaida threw her fit at both he and his sister, at least from the back. He appeared stoic, icy cold, even the frost around his feet arced up into little ice crystals that sprouted over the heel and toe of his boots. the air around him dropped several degrees in temperature, both his sister's and his breath now frozen to a mist. From Eria's perspective, she could see the ice dragon was absolutely devastated. Any joy Aeizith had on his face was completely overshadowed by a disturbingly blank expression with tears running down his cheeks. His head was downcast, his expression unreadable, his body shivering just the tiniest bit in his own cold, the ice around his feet growing ever larger as he stood in place...

But then... His Elder brother came to his rescue, as usual. Electi silenced Kaida with a firm command, walking straight up to Eira and Aeizith. At first, it seemed as if he was going to insult Eira as Kaida did, but slowly, his words warmed, assuring her that he also would like it if she came home, if only temporarily. He then turned to Aeizith, saying that he too missed her, and that they should show her how much they cared when Eira came to visit. The frost drake's expression brightened just the tiniest bit and he nodded before turning back to his Elder sister. He wish he hadn't. She was not happy they had shown that bit of compassion toward their own flesh and blood. Emilia glared at Aeizith with such hate, such fury, it make him recoil, falling over his own frozen feet and making him land roughly on his side. Ice grew around the dragon despite him not summoning it. Wherever he touched, Ice crystals sprung up around his body, wrapping around his form almost as if it were protective of him. He squirmed as he tried to get to his feet and, to his surprise, the ice allowed. The majority of the frost fell away as he scrambled up, though a few large crystals stuck to his coat.

The air around the dragon dropped several more degrees as Emilia threatened him, saying that she had killed for less and that if he stepped out of line again, he'd be locked away with his younger sister as his "teacher of discipline" She also said that if Electi shouldn't use his power if he valued Eira's life. As the frost dragon listened... he knew... she'd probably do it. Aeizith knew better... he knew so much better to just nod and stand back with his older sibling without a word. He knew Emilia could kill him with only a bit of effort, but he just couldn't be that submissive sibling anymore... not while his family is threatening to kill one another. The frost dragon stood between Emilia and Eira as the elder of the two wrapped her arms around Kaida in a way that made Aeizith extremely jealous. He had always favored Kaida over everyone else but now that Eira's life was in question.... He just couldn't bring himself to stand beside his elder sister. He told himself it was because he feet were frozen to the ground again. It made his decision easier. Aeizith raised his head a bit, his expression contorted with confusion and sorrow.

"..... We're a family..... aren't we.....?" He asked, daring not to look Emilia or Kaida in the eye, rather, looking at their feet instead. "Don't we take care of each other...?"

Blink

The small framed dragoness stood still as her eldest sister embraced her. Kaida needed a moment to debate on what action she should take next. Which outcome would most benefit her? The only thing she was sure of at the moment being that crossing Emilia would not be wise. Slowly she brought her arms up returning her sisters embrace.

Whilst holding Emelia, Kaida glared at Electi. His threat of emotional persuasion lingering in the back of her mind. All in all Kaida could not help but feel slightly betrayed that he would threaten such prowess towards her, his own blood.

"Dearest brother, I don't think it wise for you to issue such threats" her voice dark and cynical... " I promise that any such action would result in the most radical of any rebellion your mind could possibly conjure." .. and oh did she mean it. The beautiful imagery of the pure carnage she would create within his military danced in the back of her mind. For only a moment she even almost wished he would tempt her.

Releasing her embrace from Emelia, Kaida stepped back before making her way behind her sister. This was where she would always stand. Behind Emelia is where she belonged and no force could ever persuade her otherwise. Even if it meant turning on the rest of her blood she would always follow her. A very brief expression of remorse and betrayal lay upon Kaida's face as she looked at Aiezith. Never would Kaida have suspected his loyalty towards Emelia and Kaida would falter.

Kaida continued to be cold and complacent towards Eira. Even going as far as ignoring her statement on why she left the Black-Hearth citadel. It would take so much for Eira to ever earn Kaida's trust again. It took every bit of restraint she had to not run off and destroy every human that came across her path just to spite her other sister at that very moment.

glorilyss

Eira felt a little thorn of pain in her heart at the disappointment on her younger brother's face. It was clear that he had really wanted her to come back, and if it meant being able to be her own self freely, maybe she would have. But that door was closed; she had left, and she was still sure that she'd made the right choice. It didn't make the sudden contortion of agony on Aeizith's face any easier to bear; how many times had Kaida thrown words like daggers at her older brother just to hurt him? How many times had Emilia and Electi walked over him because he was, by nature, gentler than them, more likely to listen? Her hand half-lifted of it's own accord, fingers stretching out to grab for his hand, but before she could, Electi approached swiftly. She felt a giddy flame of delight at his casual shut-down of the youngest Black-Hearth daughter's tantrum; though he'd never understand her truly, she knew that she loved the way he could wield power so effortlessly.

When Electi intoned that they would surely all welcome her back, she didn't miss the way his eyes flicked toward her sisters, facial expression almost demanding them to shut up and comply. If it hurt her to realize that he felt the need to do that because he couldn't trust them to be welcoming on their own, she didn't show it. His hand, warmer than mortal hands and softer, cradled the curve of her cheek, and instinctively she turned her face against his palm, looking like a cat desperate for a pat. The proximity to her family made her realize how much she craved the contact of her own kind; she couldn't touch others for fear that the heat inside of her would frighten them away, but here at least, they knew her secret; she didn't have to hide it.

"I'd like that, maybe," she spoke hesitantly, imagining the same image of grace and beauty etched across the sky as her brother was. Surely she could control her primal urges just long enough to fly with her brother? It wasn't like she would stay in that form; surely her self-discipline would be strong enough to combat the instinctive need to murder. She weighed the options in her mind, partially thrilled at the thought, completely hesitant, partly recklessly daring. The picture in her mind of wheeling wings and flashing scales against the open blue vault promptly shattered, however, at the crack of her eldest sister's voice. Eira's eyes lifted past Aeizith, focusing on Emilia.

The middle child's skin crackled with the rising energy around her, making her heart speed up from a combination of nerves and anticipation. Emilia's magic was easily the strongest among them physically, though Electi's would probably be close behind mentally. Kaida's were far more physical than anyone else's abilities, but even her rising temper felt like another layer of magic laid along her skin. Aeizith's ice affinity was still visible; she wondered how much control he really had over it, and whether it would become unstable as his emotions changed. The play of of abilities and energy snapped and crackled over her skin, silent whispers like a magnetic field brushing over her body as Emilia's temper mounted. She had little idea what the purple sigil in the air indicated, but the fact that the citadel's newest queen regent felt the need to make her magic visible at all was not the most comforting of signs.

Frankly, Eira knew that if it came to a fight between her sisters and herself, she had little chance. While most of Kaida's abilities needed some kind of touch or eye-contact, the ease with which she could manipulate sound would certainly prove troublesome. And though earth magic was supposed to have some effect against Emilia's void powers, that was mostly theoretical - she'd never tried it out. She shifted her weight slightly to a more prepared stance, the balls of her bare feet digging into the ground, partially raised as if poised to run. She kept her eyes off of Kaida (if she was going to ignore her, so be it) while focusing her attention on Emilia. She was the real threat.

Frankly, she was both disgusted and impressed by the matriarch's use of her brothers' love for blood against them. Of course, it was wrong to threaten her own family with death or torture, but it had been a clever play. Until now, Eira had always assumed they would fight for each other; now it seemed that there was a clear division in the family, and blood ties couldn't be trusted to as strongly anymore.

When Emilia shifted her gaze towards her middle sister, Eira's chin tilted up. She'd wanted to grasp Aeizith's hand after Emilia had threatened him, but had guessed quite correctly that any show of affection would be the trigger to her ire. Still, she wasn't going to back down. She loved her family, but she wasn't part of the order that they were building. The only loyalty she owed was one borne of blood, and she would hold to it in that she wouldn't raise a hand to any of them, but she'd never been good with authority. Today made no difference. "There's a lot about me that you don't know. Maybe I'll keep surprising you in the future." Her words were neither affectionate nor threatening, but the stiff look on her face was indication enough that she knew she'd been shut out. Her hands clenched into fists at her side. She would not show any more weakness in front of Emilia; she absolutely refused. If that meant letting her family think she was fine with being outlawed, so be it.; surely they would know she cared.

Jace

A smug smile crossed the crimson dragon's face now. Surely Kaida meant what she had said, but to the 30,000 year old male his little's sisters words and actions were nothing more than a mere child's tantrum, one he himself had been prone to throw when he was her age. "I'm sure you truly believe that dear sister." as if to punctuate his sentence an overpowering feeling of calm and serenity washed over the youngest of the Black-Hearth siblings along with the tiniest bit of self doubt. The combination of emotions, while Kaida would completely know what Electi was doing, should be strong enough to dissuade his baby sister from acting on her words at the moment. The doubt was there so that she would question her own motives behind such threats against him. She would be the first to receive the effects of the eldest's abilities.

The next issue he would address was probably the most immediate threat of them all, Emilia. Truthfully she was of higher priority than the tantrum he had most likely just stopped in it's tracks, but if things were about to go where he thought they were then he needed to be able to focus on his favorite sister rather than the antics of what would equate to a human toddler in dragon years. Taking care of her first would ensure he could do just that. You misunderstand me, my Queen." he began, his voice filled with admiration and respect, something that he was sure would be to Emilia what honey is to a bee. "My apologies if you took my actions as an act of betrayal. I simply know that, regardless of how she left us, you still consider her your sister and would enjoy having more opportunities to try and sway dear Eira to accept her natural instincts and act like the divine creature she was born as. Although nowhere near as divine as you." he said as he performed a respectful bow in her direction.

His words and actions were not the only thing he had in play here. The instant he had turned toward the eldest of his younger siblings Electi had begun to let his powers overtake her. They were slight at first, nigh undetectable even to her. He didn't push a sense of calm on her like he did Kaida. No, that would have been utterly useless. Kaida may have been too young and inexperienced to know how to overcome his abilities, but both Eira and Emilia certainly had the potential to do so. In fact, Emilia had proven to be the only being in existence able to overcome the emotions he awakened in her and act as she pleased. Eira may have the potential to do the same, but with her constant inner battle against what she truly was she would never be able to put emotion aside and act purely on instinct the way Emilia could. That was something that had certainly earned Electi's respect a long time ago.

As he spoke his first words a small inkling of satisfaction would begin to grow within Emilia. By the time he had begun mentioning swaying Eira to act as they did, the satisfaction would have grown larger and was now mixed in with hints of respect. Pride was the backbone of this combination. Emilia's pride. He knew she would never let anyone think about 'betraying' her, let alone act upon it. For him to put on this show of loyalty and submission for her mixed in with the control over her emotions it would certainly play right on her pride. Of course, as well timed, cunning, and sly as this may be, he knew it as still a long shot to quell the wrath his earlier actions had no doubt awakened. Even now, with all he was doing to deviate the situation, he could still feel that lingering wrath within her. If his instincts were right and Emilia did notice what he was doing.....well things would become much, much worse.

He hadn't ignored his other two siblings during this though. Electi was cunning, and certainly able to multitask in ways he know only Emilia would be able to do among his family. For Aeizith, he sent waves of respect and admiration through the youngling's body, both for himself and Emilia. A sense of tranquility and understanding accompanied it in order to redirect the dragon's negative emotions into something more positive. Eira did not require much. He knew she would see exactly what it was he was trying to do. At least, he hoped she would. Banking on that hunch, he set out to calm his sister's nerves and strengthen her resolve. He planted a seed of confidence within her that would grow as he spoke. Confidence in him, and more importantly, confidence in herself. That was what she really needed right now. The confidence to be able to do what she must.

ValamLym

Emilia stared Aeizith down when he turned to speak to her, too cowardly to even make eye contact with. Oh how was she beginning to despise him, or was that the rage talking? She shook her head, trying to remain level headed, but as each of them commented her rage simply intensified, the lines between her love for her siblings beginning to blur. She did love each and everyone of them, Eira included, anyone who knew Emilia knew that the mere fact that she had not killed them yet spoke pages about how much strain was on herself right now, she desperately clang to her calculative nature, hoping it would keep her level.

Although she wanted to speak in a level manner, what came out was nothing short of pure rage ''Family.. -you-? By blood maybe. Father and Mother would thank me if I snapped your pathetic little neck on the spot.'' what am I saying? she thought, she began feeling like a spectator in her own body, almost as if she had a split personality. She did not want to say these things, but her rage was taking over.

Nobody could know if the inner struggle, nobody but her big brother. The only one who probably even knew about the rage that she hid within herself. Being made out of void energy was not all fun and games, it also brought with it an un-natural rage mechanism, the need to DESTROY everything that even looked at her wrong. She fought it every step of the way, but the current situation only made it worse, SHE herself made it worse, she was ANGRY that her brother's and sister were piling up on her and that just further fueled the intense hatred.

When Eira spoke, she snapped her head back toward her sister. Her stare as cold as it could get. She simply smirked, as if Eira had just helped her make up her mind. Her lips parted, purple energies crackling across her body as her human form began faltering, unable to contain the rage ''The only thing you are capable of little sister... is being a burden to everyone around you, -even- when you're not there. Perhaps you should do us all a favor and..'' she cut herself off. She would -not- finish that sentence. In a moment of strength, she looked to Electi, almost pleading.

When he spoke to her she smirked, his voice coated with honey and silken words. She felt pride, she felt powerful and that was something she really shouldn't feel right now. She wondered whether it was because of the way he spoke, or because of the things she said. But her mind would not agree with her on it, it was as if her mind was being split in half, two factions vying for different things. Then came satisfaction.. HOW!? she mentally screamed, as prepared as she always was Electi's powers were not avoidable... unless... 

The mark she had carved glew up, clearing her mind of Electi's influence for a mere moment, but it was enough. When his powers began working again the damage was already done, in a instant, the rage filled part of Emilia conjured a ward on her own brain, blocking off EVERYTHING related to emotions, fading into a feral state until the ward would lift. The only visual indication to this was that she collapsed, fighting against the rage and instinct as she turned to Kaida, parting her lips ever so slowly, twitching and shaking ''Run..'' she managed to push out, before she simply fell flat in the grass.

When her head came back up all emotions were gone from her eyes, the only sign of emotion being that feral rage that came with a being of the void. Where's Emilia  would've normally been considerate and careful in her own way, this Emilia had none of that, it just saw several potential enemies and acted on it, giant black wings bursting from her back as her form began rapidly expanding into the hulking dragon she was. She grew taller and taller, one massive claw stomping down in the river, causing it to over flow while another swiped several trees away, carving a massive scar into the earth.

A Void ''boom'' passed across everyone in the area, the purple dome rapidly expanding before disappearing, the land beneath her body began rapidly corrupting, purple crystals bursting from the ground as it rapidly spread, turning all growth into voidish creations, the ground turning into an almost glass like substance. A roar, a roar so loud the very earth cracked beneath its weight burst from the massive dragons maw, splintering trees through its sheer volume, sending animals kilometers away running for their lives. Citizen's in far away villages would hurry outside, the terrifying sound reaching far and wide.

As if it was silence before the storm the massive dragon took pause, before snapping its head down at her ''siblings'' no longer being recognized as such, but instead as food and enemies. Even Kaida was no longer recognized. The massive beast that was the feral Emilia shook her back, several ''pod'' like constructs falling from her back, when they landed, they burst open, vile void creatures the size of horses roaring and charging whomever they may have seen first. This onslaught continued, pods continuously falling from the massive beast to assault her siblings.

They would not be much of a threat to her skilled siblings. But they were not intended to be, instinct did not mean that the hulking beast no longer had a plan, Emilia always did. So while their siblings could be busy fighting the creatures her head coiled downward, aiming at the siblings beneath her, purple flames began raging past her lips.. Everybody knew what that meant.

Before long a massive wave of purple void fire came crashing down from her maw, engulfing everything that didn't move out of its way. She seemed entirely unconcerned about hitting the void creatures. They were numberless anyway, continuously growing within her own body, like antibodies.

Salzem

Emilia's insult didn't cause Aeizith to retreat into himself... no... it made him mad. It made a cold rage stir in his blood, giving him the nerve to stare down his older sibling with ice appearing to dance within his Iris. He slipped his hands into his jacket pockets, one hand closing around the void-ice fractle, the other around Amira's feather. Both substantial magical artifacts that could grant him a massive range of magical power, perhaps enough to fight head to head with his older sister. Not win, mind you, but put up a fight. It seemed that fight was unavoidable, as Emilia turned on Eira, only causing Aeizith's silent rage to increase the chill around him, the air becoming biting and hostile to all but him. Electi's influence be damned. Whatever respect and honor he decided to flood him with mattered not in the face of this rage. The ice dragon couldn't stand how Emilia talked to him, how he talked to his beloved sister. He hated how she actually meant what she said and he wasn't going to stand and take it anymore. Maybe it was Amira's influence that made him stand up for himself or maybe it was the fact his family was being threatened. Whatever the reason, it didn't matter. Aeizith crushed the void-ice shard in his palm, the energies flooding into his body, tainting his skin a pitch black in a matter of seconds. Purple lights danced across his flesh as if he were made of the stars and only one eye was visable amongst the dark and it glowed a hostile blue. With the last bit of his old self he had left, he prayed to Amira, asking for power, focusing on the feather. It seemed to ablidge, with another magical boost filling his system. With his magical transformation complete, it was as if a switch had been flipped, the earth no longer dirt and grass, now black, shiny ice in that one instant.

Emilia began to transform, her massive shape crumpling the trees around them, but it mattered not to this void-embued Aeizith. Her size would be her downfall... Sister or no, he was going to bring her down. Void creatures sprouted from her flesh, rushing down the Aeizith, Eira and Electi. Before they even got 5 feet from their spawner, however, ice-shards sprung up beneath each one, impailing them through the middle and dragging their forms beneath the ice, compressed beneath a layer of ice and the void in a second. Without even making a gesture, the first of the monsters were destroyed. There was more to kill however, endlessly spawning from her flesh. He was not concerned. Aeizith raised a hand to the sky and, seemingly out of nowhere, a chuck of black ice the size of a MASSIVE iceburg levitated over Emilia's head, constructed from sucking the water out of the surrounding air, leaving it as cold and as dry as dry ice. Bringing his hand down, the black Ice slammed onto Emilia's upper jaw as she opened her mouth, slamming it shut before she could unleash her Void flames. He knew that wasn't enough to keep it shut for long so, with a stamp of his foot, the black ice that was now the ground rose up in a tidal-wave fashion on each side of Emilia's head, crashing and pinning her lower jaw to the ground while pressuring her upper to her lower. That wouldn't last. He doubted it, but it wasn't really supposed to was it? Just to stall...

Blink

It all happened so fast that Kaida was almost unsure of how to respond, no doubt Electi had something to do with this. She wanted to feel angry, she wanted to rip at him with every shred of strength she had but she just couldn't bring herself to do it.

Standing in silence she battled herself before being struck back into reality by Emelia. Her eyes wide with bewilderment as she told her to run. This time without hesitation she turned taking off in a full sprint before jumping into the air and shifting into her dragon form. Granted she may have been small, but this helped her when speed was needed. By no means was she as fast as her brother Aiezith, but her speed was still impressive nonetheless.

She could feel the surge of energy behind her as she retreated, not daring to look back until she was sure a safe distance had been achieved. When she did finally turn all she could see was Emilias massive form taking place, her siblings too small to even make out.

The sound of the ice cracking around Emilia's jaw made her heart ache. It was then that Kaida realized she was far enough away from Electi that she could feel of her own free will now. A flood of emotions from hatred, disgust to pure empathy rained over her. Kaida would be of no use now, her abilities that affected the senses comparing to nothing against her sister.

She could however reach her siblings with her sound. Partially shifting herself back into human form Kaida lingered in the sky, only a smaller version of her wings sprouted from her back. Bringing her hands to each side of her mouth she shouted as loud as she possibly could.

"Electi! You did this! How dare you push sister like this!" the sound waves from her shout were almost visible to the naked eye. Even having some wind behind them as if an invisible force was emanating from her mouth, trees even bending down in her wake. No she was not using her sound like usual, not trying to disorientate or harm her siblings, but simply have her words travel the long distance.

Very quickly she brought her hands down and turned her head away. A smug look on her face as she realized what she had to ask. Almost grunting she lifted her hands back to the sides of her mouth as she continued and turned towards them once more.

"Please save sister! I need my big brothers to save her! Please!" she would have called for Eira as well but she knew there was not much that could be done. It was mainly up to Electi to help Emilia, this being the only time she thought it okay to use his prowess on her. If they could see her eyes they would see she was really heartbroken. She knew Emelia would hate herself for this... and that alone broke Kaida's heart.

Kaida had always been a dark and twisted girl, but when it came to one of her siblings 'really' being in danger she wanted nothing more than to save them... to save all of them. These feelings were eating at her from the inside. She hated that she felt such love and compassion towards all of them. Though she would never show it she really did love them all and wanted nothing more than for them all to be together.

glorilyss

Her family had never been easy to live with, and today was just another hellish example of that. In fact, if Eira genuinely tried to remember another family outing that had turned so terrible so quickly, she'd be hard-pressed to come up with one - and that spanned across eighteen thousand years of headstrong, young dragons coming together to fight and love and live. So, saying today was a bad day was certainly and understatement, but saying that this meeting in particular was probably the worst one so far was just the honest truth.

With every snarled word of Emilia's, Eira felt herself turn a little colder, almost as if her brother's ice had crept into the very marrow of her bones. She had always known that her older sister prided herself on a coldly calculating sense of logic mixed with the need to be right and have ultimate power. As much as she had shown visible shock over Emilia's idea for an empire, it hadn't really surprised her. In a way, Eira knew that she'd do anything to reign supreme, and she knew that it had been her earlier comment about refusal to follow the eldest female dragon that had irritated her, as well as her incurring her brothers' sympathies. In some ways, she wondered if Kaida's temper tantrums weren't partially a product of seeing an elder that had to have her way.

But it was completely different to see her use those words and those tactics against her brother.

Sure, her growled insults to Eira were bad enough; as her brother worked his emotional magic on her, she could feel a swelling of self-confidence. It wasn't Electi's fault that his plans were going to backfire; there was no way he could possibly have foreseen the outcome, much the same way that Eira had never foreseen her sister throwing words like daggers at both herself and her brother, with every sharp sentence blade-like and with the intent to kill. And she really couldn't help herself - with Electi's imposed self-confidence and stronger resolve, the desire to hold her tongue faded like molasses in summer.

"I may be a burden, but at least I care about my family," she spat, her words strangely cool for the fire inside of them. She half-turned her shoulder, taking a step away. Her words, tossed over her shoulder as though she couldn't care less, were negligent. "You know, Miss Queenie, if you'd wanted me to leave so I could step out of your spotlight, you really only had to ask." The words were solely goading; her parents had never favored their black-sheep daughter, and she knew it, but Eira had the intense need to provoke her older sister. The were, after all, siblings, and some things remain true: despite thousands of years of maturity, they all fell back to bickering.

She'd taken several steps away, body leaning forward as she broke into a sprint in the effort to leave everyone and their cruel eyes and cold hearts behind, when she felt it; the shuddering impact of falling trees, followed by a vague purple glimmer that knocked her forward a bit. Hand reaching out to steady herself, she cast a glance back over her shoulder to see her sister morphing, body expanding and twisting into her dragon form. The tell-tale shape of Emilia's void playthings fell to the earth, but Eira spared them not another thought, just tucked her head down and ran faster. They'd made this mess, they could clean it up without her. She simply concentrated on putting as much distance between herself and her family as she could, the occasional tree branch or bramble thicket snatching out to protect her. Screw this.

And then, of course, he stupid know-it-all conscience broke in.

'You left us.' 'I need my big brothers to save her! Please!'

Oh, gods.

With a frustrated shriek, Eira whipped around, slender shape slipping through trees as she headed back towards the newly-widened clearing. It would serve Emilia right to kill one of her own family and have to deal with the guilt afterward.' But she knew she couldn't let that happen - they were, sometimes unfortunately, her family, too. Still gritting her teeth on a compounded mixture f guilt, fury, and exasperation, she pounded back to Aeizith's side. "All right. What do we do to shut her up?" She pretended to having no fear, but she felt the flutter in her stomach that belied nervousness. Casting a glance toward Electi, she arched an eyebrow. "Anything we can do to stop her right now?" She was hardly the strongest member of her family - she focused on healing, not destroying - but when they were all together, surely they could do something.

Jace

(couldn't figure out how to embed an autoplay youtube video, so let this play as you readdddd please: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z28lwyQjuTY)

He could sense his magic beginning to take hold of his sister, keeping her at bay for a little longer before it happened. He felt her mind snap shut, a powerful barrier erecting itself that forced Electi to retreat. Her emotions had been completely blocked off instinctively by the void that resided within her. He had always know it was a wild an untamed magic, but he had no idea that it was actually alive.

A whisper of a word had escaped Emilia's lips at that moment, something only Kaida could possibly hear, it being directed at her. Without hesitation the youngest sister had taken off full force and launched herself into the air to escape the torrent of her sister's wrath. Instinctively, Electi put himself between Emilia and his two remaining siblings as he watched hulking black wings beginning to take shape from her back. Her human form was shifting back to her true state. Enormous claws tore through the surrounding forest and smashed into the nearby river, making it overflow. A dome of pure energy erupted from the void dragon and passed over the entire area before dissipating. The pure force of it sent a gust of wind outward that forced Electi to brace himself, shielding is eyes with his right arm while keeping his left outstretched as if to block his siblings from the blast.

Turning his head to make sure neither Eira nor Aeizith were harmed, he saw his sister running as fast as she could to get away from this disaster of a family gathering. Good he thought, turning his head back in time to see the mighty dragon let loose an earsplitting roar that caused some of the nearby trees to splinter in it's wake. At least I know she will be safe. I just have to figure out how to stop Emilia before this gets any worse.

Just then Emilia shook her back, creatures of the void appearing from within the pods that fell from her body. There was a cold calculating look in the crimson dragon's eyes now. Flames erupted from the ground beneath him, becoming a vortex of fire that would surround Electi as he changed back into his true form.

The flames vanished as quickly as they had appeared, an instance of pure shock as he saw his younger brother step forward. Enormous blocks of black ice now formed akin to icebergs and smashed into every side of the massive dragon's head that stopped the void flames she was about to release. Spears of the substance Aeizith had created shot out of the ground beneath of the encroaching void spawn, impaling them instantly and dragging them beneath the smooth surface. The site was impressive to behold, especially coming from his younger brother. Even in this situation Electi couldn't help but feel pride for the youngling, the emotion clear on the eldest dragon's face.

Of course, it was just then that he heard Eira's voice. She had decided to return to his side now, ready to fight with the rest of them. He was glad to have her there. "Well done. But this is far from over. The most you did was buy us a minute's reprieve and make her angry." he said to his brother, placing his left hand on the frost dragon's right shoulder. He turned to Eira then, answering her questions. "The void created a barrier in her mind. She's running on pure instinct right now. Not I even my powers can reach her." he said, his hands now clenched into fists at his side. He wished he had brought his sword with him. It would have been a welcomed tool. "Ignore the void-spawn as much as you can. These are weaklings meant to drain our stamina. She'll summon the real threat soon enough. For now, try to immobilize her. Aeizith use your ice powers to freeze her wings and the ground below. Keep her movement limited. Eira, how adept have you become at using your own powers? If you can, try to tie her down with whatever means you can. I'll take the frontal assault. Whatever you do, don't let her flames touch you. If you do, it's all over. Now, go!"

He didn't wait for an answer. In one swift motion, he brushed his right hand against Eira's left and springboarded himself into the air using some thick vines to propel him thanks to the newly borrowed powers. Flames enveloped the eldest male in midair for an instant before they were dispersed by the spreading of magnificent crimson wings that shone brilliantly in the light of the sun. A mighty roar filled the skies nearly as mighty as Emilia's had been. The dragon swooped low to the ground now, desolating the land even further as blue flames spewed from the beast's maw to cover the newly spawned creatures below before accelerating and rising higher into the sky above even Emilia's enormous form. His eyes scanned the scene below, taking in every aspect as he formulated a plan.

ValamLym

The new feral Emilia let out an annoyed growl as she was struck by Aeizith's massive shards. They truly were impressive, pinning her down, although only for mere moments, her scales proving too thick, their layered nature causing the impact to lose almost all of its effect. With a force that could splinter mountains her maw slammed shut, splintering the ice nestled within, sending a crystalline rain showering down upon the group.

Emilia's eyes bulged, as if on the mark with Electi's comment, a massive pile of purple ooze pouring out of her maw like vomit, it didn't quite look like it though. No, this substance was pure void essence, it had eyes, teeth and it squirmed like only something un natural could. As it fell to the ground it began taking form, three hulking behemoth's rising in its stead. These three would soon sprout wings and attempt to hunt down Electi, massive spears fully intend on impaling him.

With that out of the way, Emilia adapted to the situation below. She knew, despite all her savagery and power that magic would just be stopped, while void creatures rained from her body, she rose herself on her hind legs, fixating on Aeizith and shortly after let herself drop again, attempting to crush her siblings with her enormous weight, sending a small earthquake splintering the crystallized ground with an impact that could've leveled a small city.

Regardless of what happened next, she would reel herself back up, the physical impact unable to pierce her scales. As she got up, she began charging a void beam in her mouth, when it released it cut a swath of destruction through the seismic event she had caused hoping to destroy her siblings before they had a chance to recover.

Salzem

Aezith looked on as Emilia seemed restrained by his power, struggling against his icy grasp. For a second there, he wanted to hope that he had captured his sister, that he had provided enough power to make her rethink this madness, but alas, she shattered his bonds with a snap of her jaw, shaking the earth below and causing icy shards to fall upon them. Instead of each shard smashing against the frozen ground below, they plopped into the floor itself, melting into it as water droplets would into a lake. Underneath the ice, a pool of void essence swirled and bubbled, it's influence spreading and expanding below. As more and more creatures fell from Emilia's body, Aeizith acted as a fisherman of sorts, impaling each one with an ice spear before dragging it down beneath the ice to compress and mix with the pool below, all the while, muttering a string of unintelligible incantations. Electi stood beside his younger brother along side Eira as well. Together they stood alone alone against the behemoth in front of them it recovered from Aeizith's attack.

"Please save sister! I need my big brothers to save her! Please!" He heard off in the distance. Aeizith glanced upwards to see Kaida floating off in the distance, calling out to them. Help her? She was threatening to kill everyone, including Kaida herself and she wanted to HELP Emilia? Confusion was the greater among the emotions that cropped up in response to her request. The very best they could ever hope for is to restrain her and even that was a prayer to the gods. He sighed, a black smoky breath escaping his lips. At least she was out of the immediate danger.

Electi gave them a basic rundown of the current events as Aeizith worked, dark energies radiating from his form as he chanted. The youngest brother nodded in agreement with brother senior's plan, watching him take off to the sky with Eira's vines, searing more of the void creatures with his bluish flames before taking off into the sky. The young ice dragon looked up as from Amira's maw, 3 drops of pure, despicably pure void fell, falling upon the frozen earth before taking shape into a beings indescribable by mere mortals such as they. From their twisted shapes they sprouted wings and they took to the skies before Aeizith could entrap them, chasing after Electi whilst they gibbered demonically. More beasts fell from Emilia and Aeizith went about his work, trapping and sucking the beasts below, though with significantly more effort. The beings were getting stronger, larger, more resilient, taking more and more energy to disable than the first wave... Despite Electi's instructions, he needed the opposing creatures to do his job, no matter how much they took out of him in the process. Emilia rose on her back feet, a massive shadow casting over the entire battlefield. Aeizth's one glowing eye widened as he made a lunge for Eira, knowing she wouldn't be fast enough to escape the coming effects of Emilia's weight. Still muttering his incantations, he wrapped his arms around his older sister and sprung into the sky himself, his own wings ripping themselves through his jacket, flapping vigorously as he zoomed through the sky akin to a fly zipping by a human's nose. As Emilia crashed into the ice below, her massive feet smashed through the barrier between her and the void Aeizith had collected with a devastating hiss, causing her to fall right into the trap he had laid. Emilia's front legs sank far deeper than one might have expected, her lower body now far higher in the air than her upper, her jaw now resting against the floor. It was as if trying to escape a tar pit, hands of void and ice clawing, ripping, grabbing and wrenching at her scales viciously, pulling her further and further down into the pool of raw (not necessarily pure) void energies.

Meanwhile, Emilia was not too happy with her own energies being used against her, her massive jaw opening again to release a massive beam of energy that could, by itself, blast a hole right through the planet's crust. She tried to raise her head to blast away at her siblings, but Aeizith, being the smoothest and best flier among them, barely managed to spin out of the way of this ray of destruction, his sister in hand. Aeizith could feel the full effects of this fight begin to take their toll on him now, his breath becoming labored, his flying slightly uneven and even his void ice form was starting to show signs of ending. He tugged at his jacket pocket, pulling out Amira's feather. It was petrified, stone, up to a third at the top. He clutched the feather tight in his hands as he prayed to his girlfriend.

Please... I need more power...

He would have to kiss Amira a dozen times the next time he saw her as energy filled him once again, recharging his energy once again. His eye flashed to life as he muttered the rest of his incantations. The Feather petrified another third as he slipped it back into his pocket leaving only one more use. The ice beneath Emilia's lower legs cracked and shattered, causing them to fall into the blackish-purple soup of void as well, the same effect happening on her back end as it did on the front. Aeizith raised a hand and, as he did, twin pillars of black ice exploded from either side of Emilia's massive form, growing larger and wider as their length increased. Fingers shaped from the ends, forming massive hands that reached out and grabbed hold of Emilia's wings, right where they connected with her monstrous form. Even with his recent pick-me-up, Aeizith was wasted, the spell already taking it's toll on him. He hoped that whatever Electi had planned would come into play soon because if it didn't.... the little ice dragon was going to be a little ice stain on the ground...

Blink

Looking down from her safe perch Kaida witnessed everything happening ahead. It appeared as if Eira was the only one to acknowledge her call, the others not even really responding to her plea to save Emilia. Assuming they heard her but were too busy to respond she watched as Electi, Aiezith and Eira seemed to huddle together and form a plan of sorts. The young dragon took in a breath of relief as she began to think that Electi would surely put a stop to all of this... this feeling becoming a very short lived emotion.

In horror she watched as Electi shifted into his dragon form after borrowing Eira's earth abilities to shoot into the sky and immediately began fighting off void spawn. What on earth was he doing! Wouldn't the priority be to get in Emilia's head and try your best to bring her back? Disappointed Kaida watched on as her other brother seemed to make the same mistake, his being even bigger and wasteful. Had her siblings not been paying attention at all? Did they even know Emelia? She believed it common knowledge that Emelia was immune to void magic.

Even then Kaida hoped that somehow it would work only to subdue and calm her sister's rampaging mind. Quickly, that hope decimated as Emilia shot a void beam at her brother and sister. Kaida almost screamed thinking it was the end for her siblings before Aiezith managed to rescue both himself and her sister Eira. Shortly after he made another mistake in an attempt to bind her in void manner and ice once again.

Infuriated Kaida jumped back into the air whilst turquoise wings sprung from her back yet again. She would not stand for this, her siblings were being more narrow minded than usual. Flying towards the scene Kaida tried to determine which action would be best to take in this scenario. This was the time... the time she showed her siblings what she was always doing on her own. Only Emelia knew what the small dragoness was truly capable of... and today her siblings would see a glimpse of it.

It did not take her long to reach the epicenter of the battlefield and slowly she descended right in front of Emelia's gigantic form. While it seemed that Kaida was standing in front of Emelia a voice could be heard behind Aiezith. ..

"Don't you know void magic does not work on sister?" if he had turned he would see Kaida standing behind him. Her form living, breathing and very much alive. Another form was now at his side as if to finish the others statement. "And why on earth are you trying to hurt her! She doesn't know what she is doing!" the form standing behind him chiming back in "You have wasted all of your energy... and on what?" A new form appeared at his other side as he was now surrounded by 3 versions of his sister. "You have only put us all in much greater danger. What did you expect to happen?" the form to his right now completing yet again another statement. "That we would all have unlimited stamina and be able to fight her off forever?"

While the other three forms surrounded Aiezith one appeared before Electi high in the sky, another very alive version of his baby sister. "You were supposed to persuade her... You had no problems using your abilities on me" the form lifted a hand to its chest as if to symbolize a pain in her heart. "Or did you just 'assume' that you could not do it?" The form lowered its hand and continued to fly beside him, almost pestering him. "Is sister not even worth enough to you to even try?" this Kaida's voice had become accusing and cold.

All the while the original Kaida that had landed in front of Emelia stared the dark version of her sister in the eye. Within a second there were at least fifteen more versions of Kaida standing before her sister. In unison they began to speak, the words pleading. "Em... I love you. Please don't leave me like this..." The eyes on every single form before Emelia were full of pain and hurt. One of the versions of Kaida turned to Eira as it stood in front of Emelia, mouthing the words "Please don't leave me like this" before it turned back to Emelia. No matter what Emelia did, no matter if she tried to strike them all down more would appear. It was as if the original Kaida was no where in sight.

Even as the battle progressed and Emelia no doubt escaped Aieziths 'trap' the forms followed her, floating in front of her eyes. Some of the forms even appearing to decay before her sisters eyes. The skin on them slowly turning black, the eyes even dripping tears of blood. But still they chanted "I love you. Please don't leave me like this..." over and over again.

No matter what any of her siblings did as well they had forms of Kaida following them, pestering them with their accusing eyes. Poor Aiezith had three tailing him at all times, Electi just had the one and Eira had only the one that intermittently turned to her from in front of Emelia.. chanting the words over and over again. "I love you... please don't leave me like this."

glorilyss

'If you can, try and tie her down with whatever means you can. Oh, yeah, because thorns and vines were so effective against a fire-breathing dragon. Taking a deep breath, Eira leveled her hands palm-down toward the ground, feeling the responsive prickle of energy that meant the earth was responding. She slowly closed her palms, imaging pulling at the vibrant green energy she could feel thrumming through her feet. Emilia may have torn the trees and scarred the ground, but that didn't mean that it wasn't still utterly alive. The vibrating hum in her bones was a comfort; even if all else failed, she still had this one thing.

The heat from her eldest sibling's fire washed over her; strangely, the warmth was calming, bringing to mind springtime. She kept her eyes fixed firmly on the advancing behemoth that was their sister - or had been, rather, since even though Eira thought Emilia could be a colossal jerk sometimes, she hadn't really expected her to go that crazy. With a tremendous crack, the ice that had been formed around her shattered; shards fell like crystal rain around them, tinkling like glass. It wasn't enough to detract from the horrific appearance of the sludge-like substance coming from Emilia's mouth, though, but even as she tensed in preparation to protect herself against the new threat, they shaped themselves and flew after her brother. He'll be fine.

As their sister rose up above them, Eira lifted her hands, palms outward, and pushed. Thick vines nearly a foot in diameter shot out of the ground near her feet, arcing toward Emilia - and then, with a sickening impact around her midriff, felt herself yanked off of the ground. The curving arm around her stomach was Aeizith's, and as she thrashed momentarily in his arms, she felt her connection with her vines wither and die. The plants fell back to the earth as she was forced higher and higher, watching Emilia's legs shatter the ice below.

"Let go of me for a second," she snapped, slightly irritable but then instantly guilty. She pushed her elbow hard against his arm - not hard enough to hurt, but trying to break free - then stopped as the thick fingers of ice tore free of the ground in an attempt to pinion the eldest Black-Hearth dragon. Her mouth open in surprise a bit, she cast a quick glance at Aeizith. "You're pretty good," she admitted, feeling a smile curve the edge of her mouth. But then - back to business. She could feel the tension in the arms that locked her against Aeizith, and the almost imperceptible quiver the precedes complete muscle failure.

Feeling like she had only moments to lose, Eira reached deep inside of herself, drawing on the residual energy from earlier. She drew both hands to her chest, and a moment later, a corresponding movement of earth - little more than the thinnest spire of grit and stone - shot toward them from the ground below. It came to rest perfectly beneath Eira's feet; when she stretched her toes, she could just feel that same familiar buzz against the soles of her bare feet. Wrapping her hands around the curve of her brother's forearm, she drew from the earth and pushed nearly every last bit of her energy and the earth's into Aeizith. With a little groan of exhaustion, she sagged against the cage of his arms for a moment, then shook herself. Stay awake.

"Let me go," she commanded, this time in a far more serious manner. Pushing against him once more, Eira slipped free, balanced precariously on the thin spike of rock. Manifesting just her wings had always been hard, but after a few tense moments, she felt them extend past the low cut of the shift dress on her back. Taking another breath, she dove off of the narrow spire of stone, feeling the air whistle past her, her wings tight to her side - until she flung them out just twenty feet from the ground, feeling her body jerk back upright. Ow.

Feet on the ground, Eira watched Kaida land in front of her, then materialize her several forms; the sound of their voices raised in a crescendo of reproach around her. Striding forward angrily, she reached out, hand stretched in an attempt to grab her youngest sibling by the arm. "Look, you little hatchling, use your mind. Get inside her head, use your voice - you were so eager to show it off twenty minutes ago. Try using it for good instead of evil." Her words were a ragged snarl, the exhaustion written on her face blunting her meaning. It wasn't that she hated Kaida, because of course she didn't. She just wanted this all to end. "I don't care if you use that weird paralyzing spit thing you have, just do something because what we're trying isn't working. You love her? Prove it."