Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Black-Hearth Life

Started by Salzem, September 10, 2016, 01:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jace

Before he could do much of anything, the large crimson dragon was being followed through the air by three winged behemoths. They were fast, maybe as fast as Electi himself. There wasn't time to focus on what was going on below, not if he wanted to defeat these things. He knew from experience that these were not like the podlings that Emilia had first summoned. No. These were pure void energies in the form of dangerous beasts, one touch and it could all be over for him. His wings beat faster and harder against the skies as Electi surged forward, reaching speeds he knew only Aeizith could surpass.

A single streak of red being chased by three smaller streaks of purple and black that rotated around the red as the creatures shot through the large expanse above. That was what it would look like to those on the ground. Truly, for those that didn't know what it was, it would have been a beautiful sight to behold. Damnit, think Electi! I can't out run them, but maybe I can out maneuver them? Aeizith may have been the fastest of the siblings in the sky, but Electi was by far more acrobatic. He angled his body downward, straightening out just above the destruction below and shot directly at his brother and sister.

Of course, just before he reached them, Kaida appeared in front of the dragon out of nowhere saying things that might have hurt him if he was anyone else, or if it hadn't made him so angry that she had appeared when she was supposed to be far off, supposed to be safe. Before he could even respond he went right through her. An illusion. Of course. he thought to himself as he turned sideways, passing Aeizith and Eira with ease with the behemoths in tow.

A blast of some sort flew past Electi now, exploding into a massive cocoon of dark purple clouds sparking lightning before imploding on itself, dragging chunks of the earth and several smaller trees in with it. If he got hit with that it certainly wouldn't tickle. He changed course now, flying back up higher into the sky as the creatures followed him before he leveled out and headed toward Emilia instead. The dragon stopped just above his sister's head, the three behemoths surrounding him. Their mouths glowed bright with energy, the destructive beam about to be released right at him. At the last moment, he changed into human form and dropped out of the sky. The behemoths Emilia had made tried to redirect their attacks but it was too late. The three void-beams collided in the center and exploded with incredible speed before imploding in on itself and dragging the creatures with it.

Electi landed on Emilia's head now, kneeling down and placing one hand on her hard scales. His eyes closed as he tried once more to delve into the emotions locked away within the enormous dragon. Though he didn't know if it would actually work, right now it was their best bet.

ValamLym

Emilia's feral form roared in anger as it fell through the ground, jaw first upon the ground as her backside slipped into a charnel pit of hands and claws, attempting to pluck away at her scales. But even with a fragment of Amira's strength, her brother was not on par with her, especially when it came down to the void, wielding it is one thing, being made of it entirely another.

The void surrounding her lower body pulsated, Emilia's command easily over-ruling that of her brother's. It then began spreading like a plague, eating away at the ice obstructions that remained between her and freedom, soon she tore herself free once more, the energies she had regained and stolen from Aeizith seeping into her body, breaking down anything that could possibly cause an issue with that. She hoisted herself from the pit, sending pieces of land falling into the deep.

It seemed to calm for a moment, before her gaze locked with Kaida's copies.

Em, I love you. Please dont leave me like this.

The words seemed to ring hollow at first as the feral behemoth began tearing away at the illusions, frustrated roar's passing her maw as she plucked and plucked but the illusions keep coming, some even decaying in front of her eyes. Seeing no alternative, the feral Emilia began flapping her wings, an attempt to lift herself away from the illusions and into the air. To her dismay, even there they followed.

She spat beam after beam at them, causing untold destruction and death around her. Even the dragon hunter's Eira so feared knew better than to try and fight this one. Whatever Kaida might've been trying seemed to be working, slowly, the void barrier surrounding her mind began breaking while her body tired itself out. Even Emilia had limits and spawning minions in a near constant rate while also channeling void from her core took its toll.. Eventually she stopped flapping, falling nose first to the earth again, crashing into it with an impact that shook the very forest to its core, tearing through earth and rock as she slit across the ground, eventually stopping just in front of the village Kaida had destroyed. Tired, the feral dragon tried lifting itself, but only felt its legs give in beneath its weight.

It dragged its legs and claws under its wings, huddling into a defensive ball, seemingly ignoring that Electi was on her head. Her voidlings in the meantime formed a defensive line around them, their need to destroy over-ruled by their will to protect Emilia. One could hardly blame them, they didn't see right from wrong, just a mistress in distress.

However, Electi's nightmare was only just beginning. As the moment he connected with Emilia the void pulled him into her mind, a vast darkness surrounding him. Behind him, the recent fight replayed over and over, but with different endings. In one, he himself was torn apart by Emilia's jaws, in another Aeizith was squashed by a claw and in another Eira was burned with flames hotter then even a dragon could whistand, her screams echoing in the darkness.

he was not alone however, no.. Emilia in her human form stepped toward him, barely acknowledging him as she looked upon the visions. ''Do you wonder how Kaida is not there?'' her voice yanked at his very being, at his very soul, her voice like whispers and knives to his heart. ''She is the only one I would never hurt.'' She turned, beautiful blue eyes fixated on her brother ''Why do you insist on defying me..'' she snickered ''Why you do you insist on opposing me.. Does age make you feel superior?'' she spread her arms illusions shifting to the conversation prior to the fight ''All this is your fault. Because you think you can force your will on other's with that trick of yours.''

Meanwhile, wherever she may be. Kaida, the real one would see a purple portal spring open before her. Her sister's voice inviting her in ''I will not hurt you..'' it whispered. If she were to enter, she'd find herself with Electi in Emilia's head, her sister smiling warmly at her. ''I am but a spectator in my own body now... '' the vision of Emilia spoke ''But guilt is not what I feel.''

She turned again, looking at Electi in particular.

''Why must you force my hand?'' she paused ''Why do you make me -want- to utterly destroy you.''

Salzem

Aeizith's void form crumpled around him as he let Eira go upon her request, his skin returning back to it's normal hue as did his maximum potential. Even his final attempt at restraining his elder sister seemed completely useless as with a roar that could shatter trees, she tore herself free, shrugging off the icy binds that clamped around her wings. With the force of such a blast, Aeizith fell back to earth, luckily landing in a patch of shattered ice. He softened the frozen earth to a patch of snow, making his decent far less painful, but the exhaustion seemed to destroy him from the inside. Muscles burned, he felt so tired both mentally and physically as he lay face down in the snow. Little copies of Kaida floated around his incapacitated from, chastising him, yelling at him... His favored sibling chastising him for trying to save their lives...

"What.... was I supposed to do...?" He grunted, craning his neck upwards to look at the copies. "Was I supposed to let her kill you? Should I have let Eira die...? Let Older brother...? Let her kill us all....?" His breath was heavy, though only a little bit of frost escaped from his lips. Kaida spat that he wasted all his energy for nothing, that he was supposed to talk to her, that she didn't know what she was doing... As Emilia aimlessly blasted around the surrounding earth with her deathly energies, All Aeizith could do was lie there in his little patch of snow, crying. His tears did not freeze on contact with his cheeks, nor did the blush that came with this act come as a bluish tint. It was red... just like a normal mortals...

"STOP!" He howled at the clones, demanding their chattering to cease. "JUST STOP!" He couldn't hold himself back anymore, his own sorrows eating away at his restraint. Because Kaida was right. He should have tried to talk to her first, to apologize, to diffuse the situation but he just so angry and he let himself escalate things.... The ground around him exploded as Emilia's death-laser missed him by mere meters, tossing the dragon a good few meters away, landing hard on his back back a painful crash. He continued to sob there pitifully on his back, covering his face with his hands. Instinctively a pair of ice shards rose from the ground around Aeizith, closing around him in a protective barrier, almost encapsulating him. Within the icy haven, he cried his eyes out, just about completely broken, realizing that he had taken part in something completely horrible. He'd feel better if Emilia would just kill him here, take her claw and smash him to bloody pulp, ending this horrid pain and guilt of trying to hurt the only mother he'd ever really known. He heard a deafening crash, but to his dismay, Aeizith still breathed, still cried, still mourned. Emilia had fallen beneath her own weight, the effects of the battle finally taking their toll. Were Aeizith still hopped up on battle rage, he might have celebrated but now, that only made him cry that much harder.

"I'm sorry...." He mumbled. "I'm so sorry....."

Blink

Her siblings must always assume why Kaida is always so cold and cynical. They have to know the truth behind all of it, the reason why she is the way she is. Even this very battle portrayed the very existence she grew up living. Of course she was the youngest child, and of course her sister favored her the most. But was this her fault?

Kaida had her eldest brother who seemed to always ignore any existence she had, only pestered by her attempts at impressing him. How is one supposed to act towards a sibling that treats one as just a tantrum throwing child? Even then all attempts at getting his attention seemed to lead to him wanting to alter her very personality. Just now, as she tried to show Electi how much she had honed her visual prowess he simply flew through her. The real Kaida watched from the ground as he did so, yet another small piece of her heart locking itself away at his actions.

Next would be her second eldest sister Eira. Kaida could never really relate to her, as the two share two very different views on the world. Kaida would never understand why Eira saw things the way she did, nor would she ever be able to truly understand why she left. Even countless hours of explaining would never make Kaida understand how family could leave each other.

Eira's words struck a nerve within her. Of course she would be able to sense which were the real copy of Kaida. But even so as she grabbed her arm and spoke Kaida heard nothing but anger. The words that she should prove her love for Emelia really setting her off. Her face twisted into a hateful glare as she spat words of venom at Eira. "Who do you think you are! Telling me to prove I love Emelia!" Kaida jerked her arm from her sister before continuing. "I am the only one here trying to help her! All of you just attacked her, trying to hurt her! Be lucky I don't use my paralyzing venom on you sister..." her eyes were full of judgment and hostility as her wings once again sprung from her back. Jumping into the air Kaida took off, leaving her clones to deal with the rest.

And then there was Aiezith, her other brother, the kind and gentle sorts. Another perfect example of two different personalities clashing. Kaida had always recognized his compassion for her and only showed him the horrors she did to try and impress him. It was not her fault he was so fragile minded. The clones stopped beckoning him at his request. Each one erupting into falling bits of black ash and ember as they disappeared.

Then lastly there was Emelia. The one sibling who always listened to her. The one sibling who always wanted to know how Kaida was doing. The only sibling who ever even showed that they truly cared and were not afraid. This is why she would follow Emelia to the end.... Even now as her sister attacked each clone with such fury Kaida knew this was not the real Emelia. With each clone destroyed another would emerge in the black ashes of the fallen. Kaida's plan was working... her sister was beginning to wear out. She did have her siblings to thank for that at least, even if they went about it all the wrong way.

By now the real Kaida had created quite a bit of distance between herself and the rest of her family. There was nothing more she could do besides wait for this nightmare to be over. Slowly she descended from the sky her toes gently touching the earth before she pulled her wings back in. It was here that the angered face of the young dragon turned soft. Something only one of her siblings had ever seen before. Dropping to her knees she lifted her palms over her eyes as she began to sob. What if Emelia was gone forever? What if her mind never came back? Kaida couldn't even fathom a future without her big sister in the picture.

It was then that Kaida heard her sisters whisper "I will not hurt you". Lifting her gaze and lowering her hands Kaida saw the portal that had appeared before her. Without hesitation she jumped to her feet and ran inside, if her sister said she would not hurt her then she believed it.

Once inside Kaida saw that Electi was inside as well as a vision of her sister. Her eyes darted between the two as Emelia spoke to Electi. Kaida would remain quiet as Emelia spoke to her oldest brother. If anything Kaida was relieved that a form of her sisters true personality still existed.... this meaning she was not gone forever.

glorilyss

Eira couldn't help it; part of her temper exploded at the younger dragon's words. "You ran!" she spat, hazel eyes flaring with all of the pent-up rage that she'd tucked away while dealing with her family. Eira had always tried to be the sweet one, the kind one, but a day like today would have worn out even the most virtuous nun, and that Eira never had been. She felt Kaida jerk away from her, and it was all the older girl could do not to snarl and try to attack her physically.

When Kaida threatened to use her venom on Eira, the older girl's face twisted into a vicious facsimile of a smile. "Try it," she growled, hands flexing into fists, the tips of her fingers involuntarily lengthening into claws. Funny, she thought, that I can shift partially when I'm not even trying. "Just try it." As if she didn't care one way or the other, she whipped around, stalking away from her sister, not even seeing the younger girl disappear into the portal.

It wasn't that she hated her family - it was that she hated how her family interacted. There was always the fight, the snippy comments, the anger and underlying distaste for her ways and her ideals. The sarcasm, the constant struggle to prove each others' powers. She felt that that wasn't how real families worked; in a way, she wondered if they could ever be close anymore. Because of you. You left them.

Biting back her irritation, she strode over toward Aeizith. She kneeled down, her hand sntaching out toward her youngest brother, but stopped herself before she gripped him too roughly. "Get it together, Aeizith. It's just us." Her voice was cool, but lacked the fury she'd felt before. "There's no one else." A glance over her shoulder showed a frozen Electi and a still Emilia; there was no sign of their youngest sibling. "I suppose we'd better get ready for whatever else she's going to throw at us." Her voice was dull, tired. She just wanted to go to sleep at this point, but there'd be no rest for now.

Jace

Within moments Electi felt his consciousness being pulled out of his body, drawn into a separate realm. It was full of darkness, the only light coming from visions flashing past behind him. In front of him Emilia stepped forward in her human form. He turned around at her words to watch the horrendous scenes unfold. "It doesn't matter. None of these are real." he said calmly as he turned to face his sister once more. He knew now that wherever he was his consciousness had been made into physical form along with that of his sister so that they might speak unhindered.

There was no such thing as anger, fear or pride on the crimson dragon's face now. No. The only thing there was pity, regret and guilt. How could he have let things turn out this way? How could he have been so blind over the centuries that he couldn't see what he had let his sister become? She was right about one thing: this was all his fault.

"I'm sorry." he said after an unusually long pause. "I'm so, so sorry. You're right, this is all my fault. I should have seen what you were turning into centuries ago. I was so blinded by my love for you that it didn't even occur to me..." His drifted downward now, unable to look at Emilia as he spoke. The guilt and sadness for what he had allowed to happen weighed heavily on him. "Look at your self sister. Look at what you've become. Does power and authority truly mean so much to you that you would sacrifice your own family, your own blood, over such a petty manner?" He returned his gaze to the void dragon now, his eyes locking with hers. A sliver of anger beginning to finally show on his face.

"You talk about me defying and opposing you, yet what is it that I've truly done?  You couldn't set aside your pride and power hungry nature for one moment to allow your younger sister to return to us. Ok, yes, she has never been one to side with us or embrace what we are, but at the same time she has never truly opposed us either. She is still your blood the same as I, the same as Aeizith and even little Kaida."

He had no idea if his words were hurting or helping his situation. He wasn't thinking about that anymore. In fact he wasn't really thinking at all. It just flowed forth from his mouth like an unstoppable force of nature, not being held back by anything at all no matter the consequences. These things had been held in for so long that they finally broke free seemingly of their own accord. "Tell me, after you've killed the only family you have left what were you going to do next? Kaida may love you and favor you above the rest of us, but do you truly think she would ever forgive you, ever feel the same way about you after you've taken her siblings away from her forever? You probably didn't even think about that. Of course you wouldn't have. You're so caught up in your own selfishness that none of that even occurred to you." he paused now, a small laugh leaving him. "Fine. Do what you want...your highness." The last words came out as venom, Electi's body bending down in a purposefully low bow with his right arm across his chest and his eyes closed as he waited to see the result of his words.

ValamLym

Emilia's image simply grinned as Electi spoke. His words carried little weight to her, especially now. ''Not yet at-least.'' her hands remained folded behind her back as she strolled around while Electi spoke, her eyes darting between him and Kaida, though they'd linger longer on Kaida then they did on him.

''When I look at what I've become all I feel is pride. Your words ring hollow, as per usual.'' she spoke with an oddly calm tone, no sign of hostility in her voice. ''There would not have been violence if it weren't for you always relying on that ability of yours. Without that power, your words are as hollow as your future.'' She turned to face Kaida ''Using them on me was one thing. Using them on her you crossed a line.''

She turned back to Electi ''So do not point at me as the cause, had both you and Aeizith not openly defied me by making choices you had no right to make, had you not constantly used your powers to twist things the way that was preferable to you.. Eira would've been welcome and this fight would not have happened.''

She then narrowed her eyes ''Being my brothers in blood doesn't mean I see you as such.'' she then turned to Kaida, her hand on her chin as she contemplated Electi's final words. ''Would she miss you? You dare speak for her time and time again and now you have the gal to assume that I do not think of her? If anything, she's the only who's well being has always been my number one concern.'' She turned to Electi, a smirk on her face ''Kaida is already more intelligent and clever then two of you, she tricked my feral form where's you fought it with brute force thinking any of you weaklings had the power to defeat me. Had any of you had that, I would've been overthrown years ago.'' she chuckled ''In fact, if anyone were to take my place I'd want it to be her.''

She stepped toward Electi ''All your life you've seen fit to manipulate us, yet you speak to me of selfishness, are you certain it is not you who is selfish?'' she shrugged ''By ''you two'' I mean you and Aeizith by the way.'' she snickered ''Although I feel there may be hope for either of you yet.'' she twisted her hand in a sickening motion, forcing Electi on his knees and sending a surge of pain through his physical body. ''Beg, apologize, cry.. I don't care which.'' she motioned toward Kaida ''Oh, not to me.. to her. I can forgive you for your typical stupidity, its not your intelligence for which I keep you around. But I feel you owe Kaida a apology.''

Meanwhile, outside of Emilia's head the massive feral version of Emilia began stirring again, using the void energies pulsating within her veins to speed up her recovery. It slowly began rising again, massive wings spreading out as it roared its return. Although it was still a bit slow, it was recovering rapidly and already began tracking the trials of void magic toward Aeizith, before widening its jaw, sending a ball of purple flames flying toward the location she had locked on too.

''Oh and do try to sound sincere this time Electi, who knows one of those images might actually turn out to become a reality.''

Although Emilia's words were hardly ever easily picked apart for signs of lying, now was especially difficult. Her tone had been so neutral and calm nobody could even hope to figure out whether she spoke the truth. Which she obviously did not, she had no intentions of hurting any of her siblings, but they didn't need to know that.

''I have no issue with Eira returning, or her as a whole, but the citadel is my property and thus I will be the only one who makes such a decision.''

Salzem

The tears wouldn't stop coming nor with his breathing mellow as the beast began to awaken around him. His body wouldn't obey him, his limbs went limp and unresponsive as if they didn't exist at all. The young dragon was completely helpless, able to do nothing but stare and sob at the hulking beast that was supposed to be his older sister, watching it's mouth open and dark void flames begin to spark around her teeth. He looked back towards Eira who was attempting to get him to stand, her acts pathetically in vain.

"I can't move..." He moaned, the ice around him shattering the moment his sister touched it. He was so low on magical reserves, he couldn't even make a half-decent ice wall. How completely useless... Thats all he was, right? Here, on his back, sobbing his eyes out in the face of imminent demise and he couldn't even conjure up an amateur's cryomancy. No wonder Kaida displayed such hatred for him... No wonder he was always the lowest of the low amongst his siblings. They were always so much better than he was in everything... With how a pathetic lizard he was, Aeizith was surprised he could even walk straight on his good days. The little, lonely dragon was nothing, or at least, thats what he'd be in a moment. If he lived as a detrament to his family, kept only alive by sibling obligations, he was already nothing. He might as well have been one fo those void creatures crawling along Emilia's back. Expendable, useless, cannon fodder... He was nothing with a personality and a form. He didn't deserve to exist. The fires in Emilia's mouth began to grow larger, forming into an orb that grew larger and larger within the confines of her jaws.

"I can't move..." He repeated pitifully, looking at Eira with wide, sad eyes and despite everything that was going on, he offered a smile. A weak, shaky, pale ghost of one, but one none the less. "Run, Eira." He said with surprising force for such a pathetic creature such as he. "Y-you aren't fast enough to escape what's coming if you fiddle with me... I'm dead weight... useless... just like always..."  With a roar, Emilia unleashed her ball of evil flames, the sickening heat rushing closer and closer, flatting and stripping all land in and around it akin to an atomic bomb blast. Aeizith turned his head towards the oncoming blaze and closed his eyes. He wondered what being dead was like....

Oh, Amira... He thought, fresh tears pouring down his face. I love you so so much...

Blink

Kaida continued to stand silently in her sisters dark world. Without words she listened to her eldest brother speak to Emelia, once again not even acknowledging his little sisters existence. Her gaze traveled downwards towards her feet as she began to feel she were imposing on their conversation. It was then that Emelia started bringing Kaida into her argument with him.

Still, she stood silently as her sister explained herself and defended the young dragon. It was with her words that Kaida's heart filled with even more love for her. Any form of doubt in her own intelligence was wiped away by Emelia's words. Her gaze lifted and brows raised as Emelia demanded that Electi beg for forgiveness from her. She wasn't sure how she felt about it, not wanting him to feel forced into giving a false apology.

Once again Kaida began to feel as just an onlooker to their centuries old argument. Acting as a child who watched their parents argue Kaida refused to let out a word of protest to anything said. It was best this way, to let them work it out without her piping in and ruining it.

Whilst standing in silence Kaida tried to focus her energy on the outside world that existed beyond Emelia's void. A few clones still lingered at the battle ground, their vision pairing with her own. She had almost expended all of her energy previously trying to fool Emelia's feral form that not much was left for her to use without putting herself in danger. But still Kaida managed to keep two clones as onlookers.

They watched as Aeizith lay helplessly on the ground as Eira attempted to coax him up on his feet. She thought it all a bit dramatic on his behalf to lay there sobbing. But was that not the same thing she was doing before being summoned into Emelia's dark void? The young dragoness's face contorted into grief as the clones imagery played beyond her Iris's, all the while Emelia was still clambering on to Electi in the background.

It was at this moment that one of the clones noticed movement in Emelia's feral form. Even exhausted her sisters form was able to let out one last breath of destruction. Kaida's eyes shot back and forth between Electi and Emelia, neither of them able to know what was happening just beyond this dark place. Trapped inside there was not much she could do as her clones watched the fire draw closer to her dearest brother Aeizith.

She couldn't wait for Eira to react, she couldn't leave that to chance. In what seemed like an instant both of her clones shot towards her brother one of them merging into the other. Combined into a more lifelike and sturdy clone it grabbed Aeizith by the arm dragging him away. Even for the young dragon in her true form this would have been a feat, for she was much smaller than Aeizith, but in order to give a clone the ability to touch required a great deal of energy. She had hoped that her sister Eira could manage to escape with her life as well.

This clone was more than an illusion, it was a legitimate much weaker copy of Kaida. She herself was unaware that she could manifest them into beings that could touch, or rather pull someone. From the inside Kaida appeared to just be silently gazing down in Emelia's void while she managed to pull off this feat. While on the outside the manifestation of herself had managed to pull Aeizith far enough out of the way that the blast would not threaten his life, at most he would suffer a few first degree burns from the heat. The blast was still too much for the manifestation though as it quickly burst into ember and ash from the heat. Surely, if Aeizith were anything other than a frost dragon he would be dead as well.

As soon as the clone burst the real Kaida fell to her knees inside the void. She had gone too far, had used too much of her energy. Perhaps if she had just eaten that human in the beginning this whole situation could have been avoided. It could have saved them all from arguing, or at least gave her more of the energy she needed for this whole disaster. Her gaze searched for Electi and then Emelia as she finally interrupted their bickering. "I.... I saved him" her voice but a whisper as she finished crashing down to the black ground that was Emelia's void.

Within seconds she placed her hands beside herself as she pushed herself back up not wanting to burden Emelia with her weakness. Slowly she attempted to arise from her fallen state. The last thing she wanted was for either of them to worry about her.

glorilyss

Of course, not being invited to the other-dimensional consciousness-party going on in Emilia, Electi, and Kaida's heads right now, Eira had no clue of the quickly-degrading familial hierarchy going on. She could hear no hint of anger, no scorn, no distaste in their voices; she couldn't even fathom what they might be saying to each other, though of course, with Emilia as furious as she was, it surely wasn't going to be about sunshine and roses. Right now, the only thing that she had to concern herself with was Aeizith.

That, however, was not going particularly well.

Eira had always been the most empathetic of the family; it was obvious simply because that was the one thing that had gotten her ostracized from her siblings. When you felt so deeply for everyone, and especially those that her family scorned, it was hard to stick with the group, not to go your own way. It was that which Eira had done, and she had never regretted it, but sometimes she wondered if it wouldn't have been much easier to just be cold and calculating like most of the rest of her family. And oddly, right now, she found her patience wearing thin.

"Yes you can, Aeizith," she urged, truly reaching out to grip his shoulder now. She gave him a little shake, desperation mounting in her chest. She couldn't do this alone, and yet right now, it felt like that was exactly how she was. Alone. Big surprise; she'd made herself be the lonely one for most of her life. But right now was really not a good time, as was evidenced by the stirring form of Emilia a few yards away.

"Come on, come on, come on-" She breathed, bracing herself to bear his weight - but then, with a liquid flicker, Kaida - or rather, one of her apparitions, perhaps - darted forward, snatching their brother out of her elder sister's grasp. She felt a mounting flare of frustration. Why did everyone always have to intervene? Was she really perceived to be that weak? But in a family where strength was power, it was no surprise that everyone wanted to be first.

At the last moment, hand still clutching empty air, Eira's eyes lifted. The ball of flames was gathering in Emilia's mouth - she had no time! - and then expelling themselves. Acting purely on instinct, she flung the grasping hand up; the earth immediately responded, throwing up a thick wall of dirt and stone directly in front of her, slightly curved at the top to allow the fire to flow over it. At the same time, feeling herself growing more and more tired, she turned her eyes to the ground beneath her feet. With a circular flick of her wrist, a hole opened in the earth beneath her; her feet dropped down into blackness several feet deep, and a thick covering of soil blocked the top. Trickles of dirt ran onto her face, dusting her hair - but she was alive. Well, buried alive.

For a creature that was, inherently, created of fire and sky, being in the ground was, in a way, terrifying. True, Eira had done it to herself, and she had a strong tie to earth, but being in a pitch-black hole only slightly wider than her body and with only a foot or so above her head, this was hardly a picnic. The dragon girl trembled slightly, eyes closed, forcing her breathing to regulate while she waited for the blast of fire to pass overhead. She gave it an extra couple of minutes, feeling her heartbeat slowly increase, until she was sweating with nerves and could finally reach up. With another wave of her hand, the covering of earth that had protected her crumbled around her.

Eira gave an exhausted jump, hands catching at the crumbling lip of the hole and dragging herself back into daylight. The smoking ruin of the forest around her broke her heart, but there was nothing she could do besides drag herself out of her self-made grave, filthy from head to toe and panting. As she crawled a foot away and flung herself on the ground, Eira cast her glance toward Aeizith and Kaida's clone. "And you all wonder why I never come to family reunions," she huffed sardonically, letting her eyes fall closed for a moment.

Jace

Amelia was right. He had thought he knew all of his siblings better than anyone else in the world. He had convinced himself that he knew exactly what made them tick, that he knew just what to say and how to say it to get them to do what he wanted. How prideful. How naive. He felt his body being pulled into a kneeling position now. He probably could have fought it if he wanted to, but he had already made his decision. Tears began to flow steadily from his eyes onto the illusory ground that he was now staring at. "...you're right." he said in a muffled tone.

He finally forced himself to look up now, not at Amelia, but at Kaida. "I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry." was all he managed to say before his emotions had finally caught up with him sending the ancient dragon into an ugly state of hysterics ill befitting of the majestic creature he was.

Electi's sobs were silenced by the sound of his youngest sister's voice and a thud as she fell to the ground. Without thinking he ran to her side as he shouted her name, fear and concern evident in his voice now. He knelt beside the youngling, attempting to take her hand in his. "Please be ok. Everything is going to be ok. I'm sorry. I caused all of this. If I hadn't been so prideful...If I had just let Eira and Amelia handle things themselves....please, Kaida, please be ok." he begged. Then his thoughts turned to the siblings still outside of this dream-scape, even more fear crossing his face now. "Aeizith, Eira...?" he said, panicked as he turned to face Amelia once more.

"Please, stop this! Amelia I'm begging you. Punish me if you have to teach someone a lesson. This was my fault after all. Just make sure our siblings are ok. Please..."

ValamLym

Emilia smirked as she saw her brother breakdown, it seemed she had gotten to him, seemed being the keyword. He was nothing if not manipulative, this could be yet another ploy of him to just stop what was going on. Part of it probably was, but whatever hatred still remained in Emilia wouldn't be enough to force her into continuing her rampage.

''You were never fit for leadership, were you brother?'' she coldly stated, looking down at him. ''You were talking all that tough shit a second ago and yet here you are, on your knees.'' she nudged her head ''So easily broken.'' her words were cold and harsh, but she needed to vent her anger in someway. After all, what he had said before had been unforgivable. Taking a few steps, she coiled a clawed hand around his chin ''Let me make something absolutely clear. If you ever presume to control me, powers or otherwise again, it will be punished with death.'' she stepped back, looking down at him ''I'm only harsh to you all because it seems to be the only language you understand.''

She then turned and walked away, casting a spell on the barrier that kept her mind from Electi's reach. When it triggered, both Kaida and Electi would find themselves outside, Electi being send flying off the dragon's head with a void thrust and Kaida simply standing where she did when entering the portal.

Shortly after her dragon form began shrinking into her humanoid one again. When her transformation was once again complete she stared around at the destruction. A bemused grin on her face. She really didn't care about any destruction she might've caused, today was a victory for her after all. She didn't feel all that tired, despite her previous form having been, mainly because she now had full access to her power reserves again, which quickly helped her recover.

She quietly stared at her brother and sister in the distance, along with the clone of her little sister. At-least, so she assumed. She highly doubted Kaida would place her real body in harms way, she was smarter then that. Then, she teleported, instantly appearing in front of her two siblings Aeizith and Eira ''I'm surprised you survived.'' she plainly stated, though her expression had grown almost cynical.

Whatever response came she would almost completely ignore, simply turning herself to look down on Aeizith raising a brow before shaking her head, then turning to Eira again folding her hands behind her back. ''You are welcome to visit the Citadel should you feel like it.'' she rose her hand, as if to cut Eira off before she even began speaking ''I don't care whether you do or not, nor will I apologize for what happened.'' she smirked ''Violence is the only language you and your brother's understand, little sister.''

Salzem

Aeizith was convinced he was going to die at the flames of Emilia's dragon fire. He had already made his peace with himself and the fatal potential of the incident and really, he didn't mind dying right then. At least at that point, it all would be over and he could sleep forever, neither conscious nor caring about the a world where one's sister tried to kill you. The only thing he ever regretted was Amira, or at least, leaving her like this. Like the hopeless romantic he wasn't, Aeizith wished he would be able to see her beautiful pink eyes one last time, to hold her in his arms or with him in hers just to soak in the feelings again...

But Aeizith didn't die. The frost dragon was tugged clear of the blast, but just barely, the edges of the fireball licking his already damaged flesh without remorse. He didn't even have the energy to groan in pain, most of his remaining reserves being directed into simply breathing. The little frost dragon rolled back onto his belly, the right side of his body singed and torn, bleeding from several places. His flesh was seared and papery, but luckily only 2nd degree burns... If he were but a mere human, the flames surely would have consumed his soul. He no longer could cry for all his fluids had dried up, he couldn't lift his head as his body would no longer obey him, he couldn't even fall unconscious due to the pains being too intense. The little ice dragon never got the chance to see who exactly saved him, tugged him out of the way, but he was too tired to care. The would could eat him alive and he wouldn't bat an eye. It seemed that his desire to just fade into nonexistence wouldn't be granted today, if ever. Whatever Emilia had to say was lost to a fuzziness as the dragon's consciousness bled just enough to void comprehension. He felt like vomiting... sick... And he might have if he had anything in his stomach. With a stare almost as dead as the one Emira gave him, Aeizith stared at her feet. It was the best he could do being the worst shape out of his siblings. instead of speaking, he coughed, the jerk causing his burnt flesh to crack and blood to pour from his side. Aeizith shivered, causing more of the same as he descended into shock. He couldn't even form a coherent thought anymore, let alone coherent speech. His azure eyes dulled, his body burning and freezing, half and half, both as vile and alien as the depths of space.

However, among the chaos, a small crystal of clarity formed, allowing him to hear the last bits of Emilia's words, Eira and her brothers only knew violence. Even in his weakened state, anger bubbled up inside him, adding to the burning on his right side and lowering the chill on his left. With strength offered to him by the last bits of his adrenaline, he managed to sit himself up, though at the cost of spitting up enough blood that would make anyone worried. It ran down his chin, a sanguine that contrasted heavily with his azure eyes and white skin (or at least, the skin that wasn't singed brown). An act of silent frustration was what this was, his lack of understanding of Emilia's lack of understanding. The world started to go black around him, sensations fuzzing up as well. Finally he would soon not have to feel this anymore...

Blink

Reluctantly she took Electi's hand as he offered to help her up. Slowly she arose into a standing position. As if in disbelief as soon as she was able Kaida stepped away from him, not quite sure how to react to his newfound apologetic attitude. "I am fine" she torted, her voice full of confusion yet pride.

Releasing his grasp she brushed off her clothes before suddenly appearing back to where she was before she had entered the void. Just as the last vision she shared with her clone she saw the utter destruction that lay in her wake. She felt a bit of relief as she saw both Eira and Aiezith alive, tired... yet alive. Poor Aiezith appearing to be just barely hanging on to his thread of life.

Putting on her usual cynical attitude Kaida followed in her sisters footsteps. "Eira, I think our weak brother may need some assistance. I fear that I would only make things worse." Her words were straightforward and bland of any emotion. Now silent Kaida ran up beside her eldest sister where she stood trying to make any look of exhaustion disappear from her face. "Sister, great job showing our dearest siblings why you are indeed the one in charge."

Her eyes yet again scanned the pure destruction her sister had created. Kaida has always assumed she could destroy any village that lay in her wake, but Emelia... she took the crown on this one. Corrupted land was present everywhere, as well as miles and miles of bare earth from the utter void beams her sister had shot off.

Of course she was tired, it was taking almost every bit of strength she had to keep up her demeanor. It could be arrogance, or perhaps her will to please her sister and constantly remain strong to her siblings, but Kaida refused to let her demeanor falter in front of any of them. Placing her hands behind her back she stood straight beside her eldest sister, prepared for whatever stunt her siblings may try and pull next.

glorilyss

Deprived of sight by her closed eyes, Eira pressed her body to the earth as close as she could get it, feeling some of the aches and exhaustion leak away as she grounded herself. She could feel the wellspring of energy beneath and around her, though it was damaged, grieving, broken. It would take years, decades for this stretch of land to recover, centuries to return to the way it had been - but it would recover. The earth was tenacious, much like Eira. This was a setback, but it was not the end.

The sound of voices coincided with the moment the girl let her eyes open, taking a deep breath before  lifting herself into a sitting position. Pronged, booted feet entered her field of view, and she let her eyes lift up to her eldest sister's face, catching sight of Kaida behind her. The younger girl's words soured the expression on her face as she twisted to look at her brother, rolling her eyes - but when she saw the full extent of his damage, she gasped, hand flying to her mouth. Eira scrambled over to his side, hands fluttering in the air above his body, then withdrawing as he sat up.

At the same time, Emilia's words crashed through the air above them. She shot her sister a look that was nearly perfectly neutral, though it was hard to disguise the agitation in her eyes. "Black -Hearth children are often hard to kill. I thought you'd know that by now." Even though you've never actually tried to kill us before. She turned back to Aeizith, placing one hand on the un-burned side and the other against the ground, hearing Emilia's words as she pulled energy from the earth. She sank deeper into her element, channeling the energy through herself and into Aeizith's form, using her instincts to search out all of the internal damage and fixing it before she could start on his skin.

"Thank you for your offer," she replied coolly, not looking away from her attempts to heal her brother. He was far gone, maybe too far - but she had little intention of letting him go. However, her sister's final remark bit through her brain, accompanied by a now-familiar rush of frustration so strong that she had to momentarily pause in her efforts so as not to injure her brother. She finally turned, once more looking up at Emilia from a vantage point of the ground, teeth gritted against the things she wanted to say. Instead, she spoke carefully. "You were the one who raised us alongside our parents. If language is the only language we understand, it's because you taught us that way." She turned back to her brother, pale hand reaching out to wipe the trickle of blood on his chin before once more settling to the task of fixing her brother's injured body.

ValamLym

Emilia didn't seem particularly concerned with Aeizith state and simply focused herself on Eira. She seemed to be the only one with the intelligence to know that she was in no position to make grandiose threats like Electi and Aeizith had, in-fact, Aeizith was laying there near death and paying the full price for his arrogance.

The fact that he was in fact, near death, didn't seem to move her even slightly. The lines for her that guarded her siblings were already blurred, but today they utterly destroyed those lines. Emilia already thought poorly of the entire blood bond anyway, it seemed most of her siblings were inclined to believe in stupid fairy tales or somehow managed to convince themselves that they could stand up to her.

''So it seems, though.. If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead. Its wise to remember that.'' she pointed to Aeizith '''He learned that the hard way.'' she took a few step closer, heavy metal boots sinking into the now soft earth. She took a moment to take in the sights, quite amused about what her feral form had done. Deep down, she knew she had purposely gone feral to give them a chance at survival but she'd never admit that and their shortsightedness would never allow them to see it.

She smirked at Eira's follow up statement, that would've rang true in any other situation, but not in this one. She knew she had been to lenient, to kind, she had given her siblings false security in the fact that she would spare them for being siblings. Today, that would end, today, they would all be subject to her wrath if they even dared overstep. ''No sister, you all exploited my kindness. Used it to leverage yourself from punishment. No more.'' she simply stated ''Let today be an example.'' her words were cold, as if today helped make up her mind. No more restraint, no more kindness, after today, Emilia would be twice as fierce and thrice as ruthless.

She turned to Kaida, her expression remaining neutral ''That also applies to you, but I do not think you'll have to worry.'' it was the shortest of smiles, but she allowed one to rest on her face for only mere moments before turning back to Aeizith. A short sliver of regret resting upon her face. She did not regret that she had nearly killed him, she regretted that she allowed it to come this far, she had tried to reach out to her brother but his soft and simple nature would always keep them apart.

Salzem

Aeizith, before he fell, was caught by his older sister Eira, who started to flood his body with her potent healing energies. He felt his pains dull just a bit, his flesh tingling as it began to stitch itself back together, the ease of staying awake returning... And even though he was still only half-awake in Eira's arms, he could hear the poisonous words being exchanged between his elder sisters, his heart aching with each one. He glanced up at Emilia's finger as she jabbed it down on him, declaring that he had "learned his lesson the hard way." He just didn't understand... WHAT lesson? She attacked them first and he was only defending himself! He looked up for help from Kaida, but would only be met with that indifferent gaze she always gave him, only compounding his sorrow with endless amounts of frustration. But if these were endless, the previous events granted him restraint beyond such things fore Aeizith didn't say a word of protest nor interrupt his older sister. He just sat there in Eira's arms, trying to breath right and not move more than he had too. He could feel the chilling wrath run over each of Emilia's words like the grating of steel upon steel, not so much a warning, but an extortion. Warnings gave options. Extortions gave nothing. She believed herself betrayed, exploited, turned on by her puppets... The little ice-dragon glanced up at Eira, pleading with her to not say a word with his gaze. Things have escalated far enough to say the least.

Finally, she turned on Kaida, declaring that all of this applied to her as well before turning her back on him, a symbol (at least to him) that she no longer cared about his well-being if she ever did in the first place. The first few seconds, Aeizith thought he might break down in tears again, turn into another sobbing wreck and praying for a heart-attack to grace his humble body, but as the shortness of time passed, the sorrow grew cold and hard, edged and serrated. Somewhere, deep within his gut, a stone (if a small one) of hatred coagulated there. The little Ice Dragon couldn't understand what this all meant, what this meant to Emilia. She couldn't understand what she meant to him and what all this meant in general... Its like if his mother beat him and his siblings with a barbed club and he get disowned for defending them and himself! He just couldn't understand and that void of reason made him angry. He stared at her back for only a moment, his rage multiplying by the minute before glancing over at Kaida. His anger melted and he looked at her like a tired, withering figure. He stared at her like he may never see her again, like it was the end-game. Maybe, in a sense it was. Either his life would be over now or this part of it would be. Either way, Aeizith felt like a new person. He hated it. Hate, hate, hated it. Finally, he looked back up at Eira who held him, who healed him, and he seemed concerned. Emilia wasn't going to stand for her defiance forever and Electi had spent all his power today and most likely wasn't getting it back. He looked up at her, scared for her well-being. The little ice dragon reached up with his damaged arm, placing a hand on her cheek to get her attention.

"Eira...?" He whispered through chapped lips. "Lets just go...."

Blink

The young dragon watched as her siblings exchanged words. How could it have all come to this? How could they have gone from what they were this morning to hating one another? The fresh memory of them all having a minor disagreement just a few hours ago played in her mind. That was how it always had been, Kaida doing something to stir their emotions. Though she would not show it, she felt deep down all of this were her fault in some way.

Her though process was quickly thrown off by her eldest sisters words. Although she saw her brief smile it still caused a bit of a stir within her. She nodded in acknowledgment of her sisters statement before Emelia turned to Aeizith. If this was the way it had to be then so be it. She watched them as Eira  wiped the blood from her brothers chin. "Emelia..." she whispered. "You will never have to worry about me taking advantage of your kindness dear sister." Kaida said it to reassure not only herself, but her sister of her loyalty towards her.

When Aeizith said that him and Eira should just leave Kaida chimed in. "Perhaps that would be best". Her tone was a bit cynical as she spoke. She had even managed to lace it with the usual better than you attitude.

glorilyss

Eira, too, found herself wondering how everything had fallen apart so quickly. It seemed like just yesterday they had all been leaving the stronghold of their parents to strike off for their own adventures. How had one day shattered the shining belief that nothing could go wrong for them? How had a short ten thousand years made such a difference - and in the end, who had really changed? Had it been her brothers, Emilia, or the world, or some combination of all of them that had made this life untenable?

Oh, how everything had changed.

Eira's arms flexed around Aeizith briefly as their sister spoke. She knew enough about biased viewpoints of history to fully accept that she would never know who was right in this situation. All of her research on humans had taught her of the duality of every story, and that both dragons were likely to keep on believing their original idea no matter what either of them said. She was willing to live with this; she had never been along long enough for it to matter, anyway.

"Excellent idea, Aeizith." Finally, the girl unfolded from her place on the ground, standing up and holding her sister's eye. She had to tilt her chin up a bit, as they were a few inches apart, but oh well. "If you allow him to leave, I'm taking Aeizith to my home nearby to continue to work on him. If you refuse, I'm staying here until he's well." She chose carefully not to comment on either Kaida or Emilia's earlier words; saying the wrong thing could provoke either of them, and no one had it in them for another round supremacy games.

ValamLym

Emilia simply crossed her arms as she looked down at the two, giving them a simple stare as Eira spoke. Whatever compelled her to be as wrathful as before seemed to demenish quite quickly, she felt like she had already won the fight and stopping on those that had lost seemed beneath her. Despite the fact that she'd gladly stomp on humans. But these were her siblings and today the learned of her wrath, perhaps it would be a learning moment for later, but she somehow doubted it.

Nonetheless she had absolutely no interest in slaying either Eira or Aeizith, in fact, if she were brutally honest she wasn't even ANGRY at Eira, she had long since accepted that she and Eira may have been too alike and that made them clash.

''I have no interest in killing either of you, you may leave.'' she then turned herself and looked at Kaida, a certain warmth in her eyes. ''You did well today, get some rest.''