Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mischief in the Night, What's a Hybrid?[Katarina]

Started by Jace, September 27, 2016, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jace

Rumors were once again flying through La'marri, the city that dwelled within the Niahi Woods. He had only just recently made these woods his home, but already Jason was beginning to see that rumors like these had a tendency to pop up from time to time. Usually it sent the town's people deeper into the forest, searching for whatever it was that was interrupting their way of life. Normally that wouldn't be a problem. However since our vibrant young wolf had chosen to settle down here many others of his kind seemed to pass through, some of which had given their loyalties to Jason as their new Alpha.

Recently there have been more and more rumors about a strange creature attacking travelers in the night. It never seemed to kill anyone, but the humans' supplies were always taken most of the stories mentioned evil spirits of some kind. Of course if they were truly evil spirits Jason didn't think there would be anyone left to spread the rumors in the first place. Still, things were starting to get a bit out of hand. He couldn't have the humans snooping around his pack's territory in case they found something he preferred they didn't.

That was exactly why he had chosen to come to this part of the forest today. The humans hadn't started their typical hunts for the mysterious creature yet, but it was only a matter of time. If the grey wolf could find what as causing this before they did and preemptively stop the looming threat of the humans' hunts, that was what he was going to do. The full moon was bright in the sky tonight, the forest floor was unusually clear, even for a wolf. He made his way swiftly through the pack's territory to where the attacks were rumored to occur. His paws skillfully carried him through the trees. His eyes were bright crimson, the grey fur that covered his body shining in the light. He listened to every sound, caught every smell. Certainly it wouldn't be long before he found whatever it was that was causing this.

ValamLym

''Hold still!''

The small framed girl demanded of the man in front of her, whom she had coiled by the neck and pushed on his knees. Around her, several supplies and pieces of wood littered the ground. Along with several terrified caravan guards, lying motionless on the soil. On closer inspecting one would note they weren't dead and had just fainted. The girl didn't seem to care however, her pink and black attire giving off the vibe of something un-natural. With a satisfied sigh she finally sunk her fangs into the man's neck, she drank and drank.. until the man went pale and passed out. He was still alive, but barely.

When she had her fill she turned toward the supplies, plucking through it, her massive scythe resting against what remained of the cart. The horses had long since darted away, but the contents remained. She let out an annoyed grunt when she realized she had ambushed an weapons cart, not one with food.

Annoyed, she sat down on the side, blood still trickling down from her lips and onto her clothes. Where it simply pooled. She figured she might as well drink some more, get herself nice and full. As such she began walking toward each of the guards, drinking their blood until they too went pale.

Jace

It wasn't long before Jason heard the terrified screams of men and caught the scent of fresh blood. He had made it a rule for his pack not to show themselves to humans in wolf form, but this as an exception. He was hoping that he could have tracked down whatever was behind these attacks without being seen. Unfortunately, things didn't look like they were going to work out that way. Human or not, he couldn't ignore someone in trouble.

The cool night air was a welcome reprieve as he raced toward the origin of the sounds and smell of blood. When he got there it looked to be too late. Several men lie on the ground, their necks splattered with blood. The carriage that they were driving was shattered in pieces, the metal weapons glittered in the moonlight. One figure alone still moved. It looked to the wolf like a young girl, yet as he arrived she had stooped over one of the guards and began biting into him, her small frame covered the blood of the men.

In a fit of rage, the large grey wolf leapt toward the girl, attempting to knock her to the ground. He wouldn't try to bite her or spill blood in any way, simply stop her from attacking the humans. He needed to find out if this was actually an enemy he needed to put down, or simply a creature that didn't know the rules of this forest.

ValamLym

As she pulled her fangs free from one of the guards she caught the scent of another being, definitely not human. No, this scent she had caught all over the forest. No doubt then, this was the creature that had claimed this forest as its territory. She supposed it was only a matter of time before he had caught wind of her, she was surprised by his wits though. He had found her much sooner then she had anticipated.

It didn't matter though, the hybrid girl was prepared for anything, even a werewolf. When she saw him leap toward her, time seemed to slow down for her, she reached for her scythe, hitting the wolf mid flight with the blunt side of her weapon, hoping to knock him out of the air and against the nearby tree. ''It's rude to jump on people, you know?'' she stepped closer, dragging the sharp end of her scythe through the dirt and grass ''But I'll forgive you if you let me have a bite.'' she snickered, mockingly exposing her fangs. She knew werewolves hated vampires, feared them even. So this was just a sickly play of fate for this wolf.

Jace

Mid-jump the large grey wolf was struck hard against his left side and sent flying into a nearby tree, nearly knocking the wind out of him. Slowly, he rose from where he had landed on the ground to stand at his full height on all fours. His lips drew back as he bared his fangs in a warning. Vampire. The girl didn't smell like an ordinary vampire though, this one was different. He would have to deal with that later. For now he had a multitude of problems that he hadn't expected to encounter. The girl was faster than he was, and if that blow from her scythe was any indication, much stronger. She could have killed him instantly if she wanted to. Was she just going to toy with him then?

It didn't matter. He couldn't afford to lose his life here. Still, was talking to her out of the question? He wasn't sure. Now that he was closer he could hear the shallow breathing of all the guards strewn across the ground. She had attacked them and drained their blood, yes, but they were still alive. He hadn't known vampires to leave their prey like that. After a moment's hesitation, Jason decided. He shifted himself to that of his human form, but left his eyes and claws that of the wolf. He just needed to speak to the girl. "I don't know who you are, but I can't have you attacking humans like this in my territory. It just stirs up unneeded trouble." he said firmly, but not unkindly. "I suppose just asking you to hunt somewhere else would be out of the question?" It probably was, but he wanted to avoid a fight if he could.

ValamLym

Kat chuckled as the man transformed into a humanoid with eyes and claws of a wolf. It looked really silly to her and caused her to go into a fit of laughter, after a few minutes, she finally settled down and returned her gaze to the wolf man. A comical grin still upon her face. She couldn't help but laugh once more when he spoke to her, almost as if he thought he was in a position to make demands.

She stepped closer, scythe firmly in her palms as she spun it around before stabbing the base into the ground, causing it to stand upright ''If one wack of the blunt end of my scythe sends you flying, what do you think the sharp end will do?'' she spoke as normally as she could, but even her normal tone was covered in ghostly whispers.

She then began properly scanning the would be man, he sure wasn't ugly, but he had this sort of innocence in his bodily tones while his aura was one of authority. This caused her to raise a brow, interesting she thought, leaning against her scythe as she looked at him. ''Your territory huh? can't say I'm feeling particularly inclined to leave. This place is great for me, plenty to drink and if you are all that stands between me and them then I've just gotten more reason to stay.'' she gave him a coy wink, before pulling the scythe from the ground again.

''I suppose that means you'll wish to fight me out, I can help make that a little more interesting.'' She soon began growing hair, falling on all fours. She grew outward in size, white fur and tuft covering her. Before long, a massive Lycan stood before the man. ''I hope you'll understand this is just business.'' she added, a low, almost hellish houndish laughter emerging from the wolf as the scythe reformed into a necklace for her.

Jace

Nothing but complete and utter confusion now rested on the alpha's face. He knew what that strange scent was mixed in with the others. It was wolf. Not just any wolf, but one of his own kind. It didn't make any sense. He had just witnessed this girl draining the blood from the humans on the floor. Her scent and appearance convinced Jason that she was undoubtedly a vampire. Yet here she was, in the form of a lycan, not a vampire. "I don't....how...Who are you?" he asked finally, ignoring the girls taunts all together.

ValamLym

Kat could only snicker at his surprise as she stepped closer, pink eyes fixated on the man. It hadn't exactly been coincidence that she decided to change into her wolf form, the moment she realized he was a wolf she had planned it, it certainly turned out to be worth it and amusing right now.

''I am Katarina von Liedrmeyer, the hybrid.'' she spoke pointedly, whispers repeating her name in reverse like they did all her sentences, their icy cold tone causing a shiver to run down anyone's spine. ''Though.. I believe its rude to inquire ones name without giving your own... wolf.'' she added pointedly.

Perhaps consciously or sub-consciously the wolf had saved himself from battle. Kat, although very aggressive and enjoying violence and fear a great deal, did not enjoy needless killing, so when he no longer made a move to attack her some of her own aggression had died down. ''For an Alpha you are awefully weak.. where's your pack anyway.'' she stated pointedly, sitting down on her behind. ''Or is self proclaimed alpha all you are?''