Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Most Beautiful Dancer of Them All

Started by Anonymous, January 09, 2005, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Raziel: Well, both towns spawned from the castles, seeing as life likes to thrive around those kind of things. Despite the name, Adela seems to attract slightly more pleasant people than Serendipity. All the kingdoms are about equally as powerful, and you can never tell when one of them is going to start a war. though, I myself don't care much for politics.

Anonymous

Kouen: I agree. I think politics is one of those things that shouldn't be discussed unless you want to end up screaming at someone. Religion's probably another one of those things.

Anonymous

Raziel thought for me a moment.

Raziel: Well, I'm going to take a risk and broach the topic. Are you religious?

Anonymous

Kouen: Yes, I am. While we're on the subject, are you?

Anonymous

Raziel: Well, you already know that I used to be, but I'm not anymore. I fail to see a point in it anymore, for me at least. I'm not an athiest or anything, I just don't carry much faith for the gods of mortals.

Anonymous

Kouen: I see. So, what religion were you? I myself am a Shintoist.

Anonymous

Raziel: Catholic. You see, before I became a vampire, I was an angel. I told you already that I was going to be a priest. Well, a little after I began my formal training at 18, I lost my virginity. Then about two years later I picked up smoking, the about four years after that I was turned. My plans went off course then, naturally.

Anonymous

Kouen: I see. And now I'm going to change the subject. What is it like being a vampire? Staying the same forever and depending on blood? And how does the changing someone thing work? Do they change the first time you drink their bood or what?

Anonymous

Raziel: Well, being a vampire isn't totally what everybody thinks. We can go out in the sunlight, as you can see know. We generally do "live" forever, but we do have some weaknesses. Garlic, crosses, and holy water don't do much. Fire does, becuase you have to have a body left to still be "alive." A wooden stake to the heart probably would, seeing as you need you heart still to pump the blood you drink throughout your body. Some poisons work, and even though it probably won't kill you, most vampires don't hold alcohol well. Wine is the strongest thing I can drink, and only in moderation.

Raziel paused, letting that soak in.

Raziel: As for turning, you normally do begin by sucking the person's blood, but not so much that they die. You can't even make them pass out, so it usually takes practice to get it right. Then they have to drink the blood of someone else, but they have to make their own kill. Whenever I drink, I always turn them, so as to not kill them. I still have that much morality in me. There's also some self-turning ritual I heard about, but what's the point in that?

Anonymous

Kouen: I see. You're right tough, what is the point in turning yourself? It doesn't sound like any fun.

Anonymous

Raziel: Yes. I generally sleep with ones I plan to turn. The women, anyways. I believe you can tell some crucial things aout people in bed. Their stamina, their endurance, their competitiveness. Their hunger. You need to be tough to be a vampire. Sometimes your prospective prey fights back. You have to have good judgement and you have to be able to deal with a little hunger. The way I do it, I never have to worry about women fighting back. I usually turn them during sex. It's especially easy for girls like you who like having their neck bitten. They usually don't even notice.

Anonymous

Kouen: You're right. I never would have noticed. So, why didn't you turn me?

Anonymous

Raziel: I just... have my reasons every now and then.

Anonymous

Kouen: Ah. So, you're not going to tell me, then?

Anonymous

Raziel: What? I'm not allowed to have secrets?

Anonymous

Kouen: I didn't say that. You're allowed to have secrets, just as I am.

Anonymous

Raziel: So, when are you leaving the dark Mage Village and where are you going?

Anonymous

Kouen: I'm not sure. I  won't stay much longer, though. After I leave, I'll probably head towards Adela, unless there's somewhere closer.

Anonymous

Raziel: It's about the same distance to anywhere, really.

Ever since Kouen had said that she was a Shintoist, Raziel had been fighting off the memories that wanted to come back, but they won him over and came flooding back. His shoulders and forehead tensed up at the thought. Carrena. His gothic butterfly. She had been a Buddhist. She was his mother's friend who turned him, but he loved her. And he didn't appreciate the memories.

Anonymous

Kouen noticed Raziel tense up.

Kouen: What's wrong, Raziel?