Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Venting Steam [Klezmer Gryphon]

Started by Codex, October 23, 2016, 03:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

The small, rather young figure worked silently trying to avoid the much taller people in the busy street. She had tattered rags, shoeless feet, and a torn brown hood concealing most of her face. First lookers would assume she was just a child, and they'd be right. The girl was only 14 years of age, and it was obvious she was nothing but a lowly beggar. An orphaned kid with no family, trying to survive in the hostile, unforgiving surroundings of the capital. Reajh was by far no place for a small girl with no one to look out for her... Luckily that wasn't entirely the case for this one. She had a friend. Together they worked to survive in the inhospitable city, no matter who they would be turned into in order to do it...

Peering out of the brown hood were two gleaming red eyes, and long strands of red hair fell over the girl's shoulders. Her eye's seemed focused on one general direction, as she was careful to avoid being shoved or better yet, noticed by the warm of people passing her. The guards didn't seem to care, as she was far from the only beggar on the streets of Connlaoth's capital. The civil war had effects on everyone...

A few minutes of walking, the girl quickly took a detour. Ducking underneath some large troll looking merchant, she walked down a darker alley way. Paying no attention to her surroundings as she apparently caught the attention of a few other street folk...

"OI! Rin isn't it? Ye still owe me for that slice of bread you stole from us!" Rin turned, recognizing the voice. "3 gold pieces or a fresh loaf of bread! NOW!" The man bellowed. Rin stood silent for a moment, staring at the two larger men. "Do I look like I have anything on me? You'd be better trying to catch rats like the filthy dogs you are." She said, her voice confident and unafraid. For a moment, they were taken back by her sudden response, but then they smirked. His friend nudged him, and he reached for something behind his back. With a small glint of silver, he pulled out a rather crude looking piece of sharp glass. "Me an ma pal don't take no for an answer, now cmere you little rat!" He yelled angrily. Rin's eyes widened, and she began to run. As fast as her legs could carry her, but it wouldn't be long until the taller men would catch up to her.

Turn, duck, slide and jump. Living many years on the streets had taught her a few things. She needed to be fast, and versatile. She had also become rather flexible, managing to effortlessly dodge the various obstacles in her path as her two chasers were gaining ground. "We'll send you back to your dirty mongrel friend in pieces!"