Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]

Started by DragonSong, November 03, 2016, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"No, that's-"

She sighed and shook her head. "Look- I'm going to need to get over this. If you'd rather sleep on your...hoard, that's fine. But if you want the bed, me being skittish shouldn't kick you out of it."

That was what she'd do. She'd just run into the problem head on and eventually it would be easier to handle.

That had always worked for her in the past.

DaGlobster

"As you wish," Merradin said.

He smirked.

"Maybe the wine will help."

DragonSong

She chuckled dryly, but there was little humor in it. "Here's hoping," she muttered, downing the rest of her glass.

Uncurling her legs, she let her toes dip into the warm water of the bath and wiggled them absently.

DaGlobster

Merradin spared her wiggling toes a glance, and then looked back up to her with a smirk, downing half of his remaining wine as well.

"It's a bed fit for a dragon, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding it comfortable," he said.

DragonSong

"Oh, I'm sure that's the case," she chuckled wryly.

Perhaps just a bit tipsy, she tilted her head at him and asked bluntly, "Isn't weird spending so much time human-shaped? I mean, if you even sleep like that- wouldn't you rather be a dragon?"

DaGlobster

"It's only weird if one doesn't like being a human," Merradin said, giving his answer with a grin.

"Besides, dragons are too big to enjoy things like warm baths, plush beds, or a nice glass of wine," he added.

"This form is like a second skin for me."

DragonSong

"Huh." A wry little smile crossed her lips and she shook her head. "Well that's...good."

She reached for her glass, remembered it was empty, and pulled her hand back, running her fingers through her hair with a soft huff.

"I'm gonna be honest- I should probably turn in soon. I don't think my body quite knows how to process alcohol right now," she admitted in a mumble, face twisting sourly.

DaGlobster

Merradin laughed, wing twitching. The tip accidentally brushed her leg.

"Soon, but not now, hopefully?" Merradin said, looking to her.

"I find that I quite enjoy your company."

DragonSong

Elora jumped slightly when his wing brushed against her, then flushed. "Well... I mean, it won't hurt, I guess," she mumbled.

Her smile twisted wryly and she blurted out suddenly, "I used to be fun, y'know. You probably would have liked my company a lot better a few weeks ago." She leaned back, bracing her palms on the floor behind her.

"I was never this much of a lightweight, first of all," she grumbled.

DaGlobster

Merradin folded one of his wings in so he could turn and rest his elbow against the rim and face her, his other hand holding his glass of wine.

"I think you've been fairly fun so far," he said, shrugging.

"And you're certainly not the most lightweight I've ever seen, either," he added.

DragonSong

She scoffed. "Please. This is nothing- once upon a time I probably could've drunk you under a table," she boasted in a playful sort of way. "I'm just malnourished- you should've seen me at full strength."

DaGlobster

Merradin laughed, and she captured even more of his attention.

"Is that a challenge?" he purred, looking up to meet her eyes.

DragonSong

Elora laughed. It felt good, if just a little bit forced. "Maybe," she drawled, smirking. "Gimme a day to recover and I'll take you up on that."

DaGlobster

Merradin returned her smirk, and turned to put his back to the rim, stretching out the wing he had folded. He finished his glass of wine, and set it down on the rim.

"I'll look forwards to it."

DragonSong

Elora smiled slightly and tilted her head, watching him. She couldn't help but be fascinated by the way the dragon parts blended so seamlessly into a human body.

"Can all of you do that?" she asked abruptly, waving a hand at him. "Look human and whatnot. I've never seen a dragon do it before, but I'd heard about it."

DaGlobster

"Oh, a lot of us can do it, some better than others," Merradin said, and he gave his wings a slight stretch, purposefully giving Elora a view of how the wing connected to his exquisitely muscled back.

"Most just end up looking like humans with fangs, or small horns and whatnot. A smaller majority can look fully human. It's all a matter of practice."

DragonSong

"Is it something you learn?" she asked curiously, leaning in a bit. She was oddly tempted to reach out and trace the joint of wing and shoulder; if she'd had just a bit more alcohol in her system, she might have done it.

"Or is it, like, I dunno...a knack or something?"

DaGlobster

Merradin flexed the joint a bit more for her.

"It is. Almost all dragons who know how to do it figure it out on their own. It comes easier to some than others, of course," he explained.

DragonSong

"Ah." She forced herself to lean back, folding her treacherously twitching hands in her lap. She bit her lip, trying to come up with something interesting to say but a little too tipsy to manage it.

"So, uh...how long have you- I mean, do you spend a lot of time like this?"

DaGlobster

"I really do. It's such a nice form!" Merradin said, happily showing himself off.