Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]

Started by DragonSong, November 03, 2016, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"So...I'm a charity project?" She snorted and glanced away. "Didn't think dragons would care much about that sort of thing."

Her years of training in chivalry made her sigh and mutter, "That was unkind, I'm sorry. I have...been under great stress." She closed her eyes. "I think I will sleep, thank you. Your...hospitality is appreciated."

DaGlobster

She was right to apologize!

Merradin frowned a bit when she snapped at him like that, but upon hearing her apology, he seemed to lighten up again. He walked past her and back into the house, heading for the kitchen.

"Oh, do feel free to use the bath-basin if you'd like," Merradin said.

DragonSong

"Thank you." She gave him a small nod and slipped away.

A bath would be heaven, but she didn't relish the idea of taking off the robe. Thin it might have been, but at least it was covering. Finally she sighed and shucked it off, slipping into the water with a quiet groan as her batter body protested.

She closed her eyes and tipped her head back, allowing the water to relax her slowly.

No. No, bad idea. She couldn't stop moving, or she was start to think, and that- She shook her head and started scrubbing at herself, not caring how much it hurt, just needing the distraction.

DaGlobster

"Are you hungry?" Merradin asked from the kitchen, having dragged the buffalo the rest of the way inside.

"I have a few apples here," he continued.

DragonSong

Elora jerked and almost jumped out of the water, on the defensive, before the question registered. "Um...yes. Thank you."

More sedately now, she climbed from the bath and hunted up the robe, wrapping it around her still damp body before making her way cautiously to the kitchen.

DaGlobster

And on her way to the kitchen, she walked right into him as he came around the corner, apple in hand for her!

Although he was the size of a person, Merradin still had all the strength and constitution of his true form, so for Elora, it'd be like walking into a person-shaped wall.

DragonSong

"Ow!" She smacked into his chest and staggered back, rubbing a now sore nose. "Son of a- what the fuck are you made of, granite?!" she exclaimed reflexively

Then fear flashed across her face and she dropped her eyes, flinching back as though expecting to be hit. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" She swallowed and wrapped her arms around herself.

Self loathing rose up in her chest, choking her. She was a warrior dammit, not some cringing maiden! But the reaction was there all the same..

DaGlobster

For better or worse, Merradin read her sudden apologizing as her being fearful of his draconic nature, and not a recent trauma rising back up to torment her.

He waved it away, shaking his head as he chuckled.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have come around the corner like that," Merradin said, and he held the apple out to her.

"Forgive me?"

DragonSong

She stared at the fruit as though it might bite her. "Um, sure. Thanks."

She took the apple and bit into it cautiously. Her eyes widened and she suddenly began devouring it. Gods, she was starving!

DaGlobster

Merradin looked at her devour it for a few moments, and then his eyes rolled up to hers.

"Do you want another one?"

DragonSong

She was having difficulty not licking the juice off her fingers she was so hungry. "Um...yes, if that's alright," she murmured.

DaGlobster

He nodded slowly and darted back into the kitchen, coming back with another apple.

"Certainly the hungriest human I've ever seen. How long has it been since you've eaten?"

DragonSong

She devoured this apple too, shrugging. "A few days, I think."

DaGlobster

"Gods above, you poor girl!" Merradin said, and he leaned against the frame of the kitchen's entryway. A quick glance downwards, and he spoke up.

"Dinner will be ready soon, why don't you finish that bath? You've been so focused on eating that you've forgotten to hold your robe up."

DragonSong

Elora froze, then went crimson. She gathered up the robe quickly. Damnit, she'd never been so skittish about her body before!

She knew she was bruised and battered, and he'd obviously already seen her naked. But still she had to fight shame rising in her throat. "I'll, um, do that. Thank you."

DaGlobster

Merradin nodded and gave her a sympathetic smile, and turned about, returning to the kitchen.

DragonSong

She nodded at him and returned to the bath.

This time she actually looked down at herself, at a body that didn't feel like it was really hers anymore.

She couldn't fight it anymore. She covered her face and wept.

DaGlobster

Merradin's ears picked up her weeping as soon as it started, and in a moment, he was back by the entryway, looking on.

"Hey," he said plainly, and he stepped towards her and to her side.

"What's wrong?"

DragonSong

Elora shook her head and flinched away from him. "I- I don't think you would understand," she whispered. "Excuse me." She tried to turn from him, ashamed.

DaGlobster

"I might not," Merradin said, more or less figuring it out. He moved so that she couldn't just dismiss him.

"But I can still listen and talk about it. I can still help you."

Tags: