Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]

Started by DragonSong, November 03, 2016, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"See, those are some rather vague steps," Elora noted teasingly. "If you wanna court a girl you're going to have to put a bit more effort into it."

She went abruptly quiet as she realized what she'd said. Merradin certainly wasn't courting her... Was he? Regardless, the phrasing had her flushing a bit and snapping her eyes away from him as they walked.

She did take the hand he offered though.

DaGlobster

At her slip, Merradin just smirked a bit wider to himself.

"You know, I could've sworn I told you this already..." he murmured as he started to lead her away. Abruptly, he stopped, and turned back around.

"Oh, the saddle!"

He let go of her hand and raised his own towards the saddle. He murmured something to himself in draconic, and nothing happened.

"Drat."

He murmured again, but slightly different this time, and the saddle gently faded away, seemingly disappearing.

He whipped back around and gently took Elora's hand.

"There we go. My illusion magic's a tad rusty, been a while since I had to hide something so big."

DragonSong

"Huh." She cocked her head to the side, starting just a bit when his hand found hers again. "So...lightning stuff, shapeshifting, illusions...anything you can't do?" Her lips quirked up on one side as she tipped her head back to smirk at him.

DaGlobster

"There's a lot of things I don't know how to do," Merradin said, shooting Elora a fond look to match the look she gave him.

"Many dragons spend their lives amassing knowledge or skills. I just spent it partying with humans," Merradin mused. he tilted his head at Elora and winked at her, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"I'm a bit of an expert in the field."

DragonSong

"Oh?" Elora's smirk widened. "Well then, I suppose you have me at a disadvantage. I'm by no means inexperienced in that particular field, but I don't know if I'm an expert," she chuckled.

DaGlobster

"Don't worry, I'm sure we can do some mutual learning."

As he spoke, they made it through the tree and were on the road. The town was just a short walk away, the low wooden walls clearly visible from where they were standing.

They weren't going to Ketra, but rather one of the smaller towns near it.

"It's been so long since I've been here. I usually just go to Ketra, but... It's nice to indulge in nostalgia every once in a while."

He looked back to Elora.

"This town was just a couple of buildings when I was born."

DragonSong

The knight looked up at his face again, a considering sort of brow creasing her brow. "Which was over a thousand years ago," she murmured almost absently. She shook her head with a disbelieving little laugh, though the humor didn't quite reach her eyes.

"I'm surprised this town was anything when you were born, Grandpa." The soft melancholy that had seemed for a moment to be threatening to take over her expression vanished into a teasing grin and she bumped his shoulder with her own.

DaGlobster

"Grandpa," Merradin huffed, a small chuckle forcing his mouth into a smile. He offered her his arm as they stepped down the worn road.

"The buildings were different, of course. Dirt walls and thatch roofs, the whole deal. Adela wasn't even a dream in a tribesman's mind then..." He trailed off.

He was quiet a few moments, and then he smiled to himself, struck with nostalgia.

DragonSong

"Oi." Elora leaned into his side slightly, giving him a lopsided smile. "You're drifting off there. Y'know, for a guy who seems to think Grandpa is a ridiculous moniker, you sure are acting like one," she teased with a little smirk.

DaGlobster

"It's a lot of memories to go through," he rebutted. When she leaned into his side he looked down at her, subtly pleased by her show of intimacy. While she spoke, he listened attentively. As he considered his response, his eyes went to her lips for the briefest moment.

"It's startling how much the world can change in a few thousand years. And yet the humans stay the same," he said, adding the latter sentence in as a comment, and he smiled as if to indicate that was a good thing.

DragonSong

She laughed quietly and quirked an eyebrow at him. "I suppose I'll take that as a compliment." She adjusted her grip on his arm slightly so she could walk more comfortably beside him.

She didn't miss the way his eyes lingered, and found herself dropping her eyes with a soft blush. "Hey, stop that. We're in public, y'know, it's impolite to stare like that," she teased gently.

DaGlobster

"Pardon me," Merradin teased back.

They were at the gates now, which were already open. A merchant was arguing with a guard outside the gate. Merradin spared them a glance before he kept going.

They were in the town now. It was late in the afternoon, so there wasn't all that much activity on the street. Many establishments were either closing or already shut tight, while the local watering holes were just now starting to come alive.

"I never tire of seeing the city, you know. It's fascinating how humans live so close together."

DragonSong

"Not exactly what dragons are used to, huh?" Elora looked around as they entered the town.

Her fight or flight instinct rose to hum just under the surface of her skin. So many people, so few places to run, to escape...

She pressed closer to Merradin's side unconsciously. "So, um- ahem. Where's your favorite spot here then?"

DaGlobster

"It's a couple of byroads past the main square. Tucked between a blacksmith's shop and a chandler," Merradin said immediately, and he looked at her again. He gave her a comforting smile, and opened his side a bit more in case she wanted to press further against him. They already looked like two lovers, walking side-to-side like that and with their hands together.

It was with gentle concern that he felt her tenseness. To a being such as him, it was easy to hear her breath shorten oh so slightly, to smell that faint tinge of fear that all animals gave off when they expected an attack.

"I have wines and such in my lair, but there's something about the froth of a freshly poured Adelan red in a wooden mug that just sits right with me. And the atmosphere, and the smells..."

He trailed off again, but for a shorter time, wrinkling his nose as he spoke again.

"Well, not always the smells."

DragonSong

A small part of her hated the show of weakness, but she tucked herself a little more securely against his side. "Not much for the combination of piss and vomit?" she joked wryly, eyebrows arched and a smirk playing at her lips.

DaGlobster

"You nailed it," Merradin said, and he returned her smirk with one of his own. When she tucked into his side, he looked forwards. They were still walking down the main road, just two faces in the semi-crowded streets.

"I do appreciate this, though. you humoring me and all. It's been a solid couple of months since I last visited the humans. Even longer so with a friend," he said, and then threw her a wink.

"And a beautiful friend at that."

DragonSong

"You flatterer," Elora chuckled, shaking her head at him. "If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to butter me up," she teased lightly.

She was starting to feel a little calmer, and she looked around again as they walked, taking in the people around them cautiously.

DaGlobster

"What, I'm not allowed to compliment my date?" He started, but before she could answer, he continued, placing his free hand against his chest.

"And pray tell, what would I be buttering you up for, hmm?"

DragonSong

"Why, you could be planning to proposition me," she gasped, pressing a hand to her own chest and widening her eyes dramatically.

DaGlobster

At that, Merradin let out a few seconds of laughter before he composed himself again. The look in his eyes changed to a huskier one, the care and desire visible in the way he regarded her.

"That would be redundanr," he said, and he leaned in to whisper salaciously into her ear.

"You've already spilled the seed of a dragon. What more is there to propose?"

Tags: