Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

AUGH

Started by Anonymous, January 27, 2006, 11:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So I've got this issue with being unable to draw things unless I see them very clearly in my mind or have photos to start from.  I'm currently looking for stock photos to draw Blaise, Audun, and Nena from, and am coming up empty-handed.  Poses, features--I can't even find photos with one particular characteristic for one character, let alone loose bases to start with.  Any suggestions on where to find good inspiration?  Google and DeviantArt fail me thusfar.

Anonymous

Sit down in a nice, quiet dark room, light a candle and close your eyes....picture your character coming to life in front of you...freeze that picture in your mind to the best of your ability and let your hand draw it out...and if it helps, light some insence...don't forget to breathe...

*another way*

Sit or lay in a very comfortable position and let your thoughts flow naturally..do not try to block them out...relax as much as you can and count backwards from thirty very softly...as you become even more relaxed, rest your entire body and allow your spirit to come into play...once you are fully relaxed and can "feel" your spirit, attempt to sit up but not physically.

if you've done it correctly, you should be experiencing an out of body moment. If you can hang onto that moment and picture other things...picture your character extending his hand to help you up..and picture him/her doing what you want them to do

and that should help you with inspiration...it's how i've been able to attempt a drawing of Darlig