Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood to Bread and Glory

Started by AevumEternity, November 12, 2016, 01:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Blinking slowly, gazing at the tiny creature in her lap, her fingers still lacing through his soft fur comfortingly not only to herself but to him as well. Tilting her head to one side, causing a waterfall of silken ringlets to fall over one slender shoulder, she offered another small smile,"... You can speak, hm?"

For now she was content with holding the Zerdani carefully, she couldn't remember the last time she had held a living creature with such tenderness. Even meals did not get so pampered. The demon examined the tiny creature rather disdainfully but with sympathy as well- no matter such a tiny beast was dragged around like a domesticated dog- no instincts, no power- nothing to intimidate...

Kalak8538

"I... s-speek?" inquired Eihmo'tei. He did not understand what the question meant. The word "speak" was not in his limited common vocabulary. Communication would be hard without his dragon friend to translate.

In any case, the danger seemed to have passed. Between the lullaby and the petting, the Zerdani was almost completely relaxed. His body slowly began to melt in her lap.

AevumEternity

SHifting into a more comfortable position, the sand chaffing her bare backside much to her discomfort- the one thing about being a transforming demon- clothing did not last long at all. But quite used to being exposed in such a way, she made sure the child was more comfortably settled before nodding carefully- the animal did not seem to speak in the common tongue...

Pursing her lips as she gazed down at the bundle of fluff, she smiles slightly, melting herself from this adorable creature in her arms. She pondered this barrier before her- this was already getting to be too much trouble.

Kalak8538

The woman's attempt at comfort put the Zerdani in a less comfortable position. He squirmed as a cat would, freeing himself from her loose hold. Eihmo'tei stood, looking out into the open desert before him. A deep inhale brought in the scents that he had missed. His footpads felt at home on the warm, course sand. The Zerdani was back in his element.

Once again, the thought crossed his mind to run. In this form, she would not be able to catch the native desert-dweller. Not when he broke into a sprint. He refrained, however... Whether inadvertently or not, the demon had saved him from an unknown fate. He owed her his gratitude.

He turned to face her again. His eyes wide with solemnity. The best way to make a new friend was to introduce oneself. This would also hopefully expose her true intentions.

"M-Maya name... i-isa... Eihmo'tei."
That was one phrase of common he could just barely remember, spoken with a bit of an accent.

AevumEternity

Tilting her head curiously, now to the other side, her smile fades slightly," Ei.. Ha-moe-thai?" She tries, repeating the name until it sounded correct, and her tongue had managed to mimic the accents," Eihmo'tei-" nodding shortly, she placed a delicate hand upon her chest- it was almost mesmerizing how... Untouched the pale skin was- as if she had forever been shielded by umbrellas of silk- until now," Aeva," she answered. It was never wise for a demon to give their full name- who knew who was a master in demon craft and could invoke their name? Making them a slave?

Kalak8538

"Ae... va." repeated the Zerdani.

He bowed his head lowdespire his fatigue, yet continued to peer right into the woman's eyes. There was another bit of common he remembered...
"Than... kyu, Aeva."

AevumEternity

The awkward little words caused the young woman to flush slightly pinkish- this little fuzzy animal that would barely put a dent in any hunger she felt was making her fidget like some tiny bird? It was ridiculous, and somewhat endearing. But mostly ridiculous. She was the most feared mercenary of the kingdoms! How dare she feel like melting because of this adorable bundle of fuzzy-

She shook her head slightly, bashing away her thoughts and offering a tiny smile, nodding enthusiastically before hesitating. Now there was the question as to where to go from here. The Zerdani seemed to be ready to bolt, and she wouldn't stop him unless she got bored and simply wished to chase something.
Lightly, she placed her index finger upon the little creature's forehead- an odd sensation coming from where she placed the digit. You can understand me now, hm? Her voice seemed to ring briefly in his ears, though her lips never parted. She hadn't used telepathy in many a year, only having relied on it in the old days when she ran with a pack of shifters...

Kalak8538

Eihmo'tei's eyes widened, scanning the sand below as a reaction to the sensation. This method of speaking went beyond speech, words, and grammar. It was the concept that was transferred, the meaning and mental imaging that made up the fibers of language.

"I... can understand..." he chittered in his own bestial and guttural language.

The spoken words would be unknown by the average common speaker, but the translation was unlocked as a thought in his mind. It was that that the telepath could read.

"Wha... What is this? What are you?" He asked again, looking up at the demon's face.

AevumEternity

Her lips curl upward once more, the void-like eyes half-closing in amusement as she recoils her hand with a small flourish- resting it in the sand. A Demon, A shifter, mercenary, anarchist- however you would prefer, little one. Her voice echoed vaguely, as if coming from a long distance away rather then within the base of his skull.

What are you? The question is returned, the young woman arching a slender, silver eyebrow at him

Kalak8538

Eihmo'tei did not know those words. They had no meanings in his language or his culture. However, the manner in which they were purveyed gave them a negative image. This frightened the Zerdani, who was already cautious of the woman. She asked him the same, in a silent voice that rattled his form.

"Eihmo'tei is... Eihmo'tei is Zerdani..." he answered with meek hesitation.

He answered the question, needing not say any more than was needed. There was one question that plagued him. He asked it with concern.

"Should I be afraid?"

AevumEternity

Without using telepathy or even speaking, she simply nodded- gazing across the dunes idly. She pursed her lips, sighing gently. Her gaze flickered briefly as she continued to stroke the little creature in her lap.

Lying to the little creature would be for naught, he knew of her- he knew her form- but how could she possibly tell a mere child that her madness was calmed by being in the same vicinity of the small animal? A rather... Unusual introduction to say the least...

Where is home for you, Eihmo'tei?

Kalak8538

The Zerdani froze solid at the question. There was no way he could reveal the tribes to her, not after what he saw. She slaughtered two humans in mere moments, and he himself was only a strong swallow away from doom. Even if she looked like a human now, that monster was still resting within. To take it home was death for his kin, and possibly his race.

Eihmo'tei some time to answer. In her lap once again, he felt more like he was at her mercy now. He would not risk offending her, but he needed a suitable answer. He then thought of his human friend, aso well as her dragon companion.

"Cerenis..." he fibbed.

"Home. isa. Cerenis."

AevumEternity

Would you like to go home, Eihmto'tei? the demon inquires, vaguely noting the animal had seized up in fright. Perfect and not perfect- she was torn between the desire to simply use the little fox to get her next paycheck and meal, or befriending and protecting the small creature.

A ringlet fell before her eyes, snapping from her thoughts. Blinking slowly, she waited for the little Zerdani to answer.

Kalak8538

"Yis."

Eihmo'tei was glad that his lie worked, but he continued to act normally despite some pride. A scheme formed in his head now. In Cerenis, he would find his two friends. If there was anyone who could handle this creature, it was Kiara and Kit.

"Will you take me?" he asked, returning to his native tongue.

AevumEternity

The scent of fear still clung to the fox, but his relaxing state set off an instinctive suspicion in her head. Alas, she nodded.Twas my plan, her voice chided gently in his head, briefly noting this little Zerdani would be a fantastic creature to experiment more telepathic intrigue upon. But she would save that for later, she needed a place to get her next contract any way.

Slowly she stood, sliding Eihmo'tei offer her lap carefully, lightly smacking her bare skin to rid it of the golden grains. She flicked her hair over her shoulder, gazing down at the small fox with a tiny smile.

Kalak8538

Eihmo'tei stood as well. The sun had long since dried him,  giving his dirty fur a more rough texture. Sand uncomfortably clung to it. He hoped there was water closeby. He had not been to this part of the desert before.

His gaze met hers once again. The Zerdani knew they were leaving, but he would not take a single step yet.

"Why?" he said aloud in Zerdani. The common language was not necessary with this creature. She could understand his language easily .

AevumEternity

I lost all my money back there, I should have swallowed the purse as usual- alas... she shrugged,My mind was occupied.
The young woman began to slide her feet slightly unsteadily through the sand, having to grow usedto using only two legs rather then four for the moment before beginning to move up large dune, looking back expectantly.

Kalak8538

Eihmo'tei raced to the base of the dune, looking up at her.

"Why are you helping me?!" he called out to her.

AevumEternity

Looking back as she reached the crest of the dune, the demon's rather pretty features are briefly obscured as the stiff wind blew steely locks before her face,.

Because I need to regain the gold I lost, and you may lead me to possible employers. She answered simply- deciding it with to omit the part about how the little fox was becoming almost a comfort companion for her sociopathic and maddened mind- cooling her shattered memory and volatile temper to unsual degrees. No use placing such responsibility upon the tiny boy.

Kalak8538

"Oh..." he replied with guilt.

He had seen this "gold" only once before. Humans put great value on those little metal trinkets, for a reason he did not really understand. They looked pretty, that was true. Yet, he could never discern what purpose they had.

"Then... I will help you get back what you lost!"

Eihmo'tei still was not sure what to make of this one, but fair was fair. Despite her method, she had ultimately rescued him. This "gold" was lost in the process. Since this was his fault, the Zerdani vowed to make it right.

Down on all fours, he scaled the dune with the speed and grace of a natural desert-dweller. He stopped at the woman's side, and looked up at her.

"But I do not know what these... eh... em...p-poy...ahs are... What do they look like?"

Tags: