Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Jotunheim are Dead, Dear

Started by AevumEternity, November 12, 2016, 06:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Not even offering the slightest gesture of thanks, instead merely moving closer- surprisingly small for a demon shifter as she leans against him- her eyes were like voids within the night sky. Lightless, black and all consuming as she stared into the fire," Whatever suits your needs, demon hunter... Mercenary-" she turns her head slightly, examining the massive sword at his side,"... That sword. It has many sorrows attached to it, I can smell the blood of my brethren on it- it has a story. Does it not?@

Gawfy

Gawfy's heart dropped when she heard the words demon killer but he didn't move. If she wanted to exact revenge of any sort she could. After hearing what she said he opened his mouth and spoke. Yes, Yes it does. This was The last sword my father made. He didn't expect anyone to wield it he just went to work like normal but he changed when she died. gawfy looked at the ground as the fire popped. My mother was a demon hunter by trade. Soon after i was born she went out and never came back. She had some where to be, She must have been in a hurry because she left this armor behind. Years later her past caught up with us and a demon wanted to kill us. I Picked up this sword and put on my mothers armor and started swinging, And i havent stopped since. The mood was Gloomy for a while until Gawfy Spoke up.How does Eva sound?

AevumEternity

Nodding faintly as she listened, the young woman's head resting against his arm as she hugged the hide and cloak more firmly about her," That is better then most names people have given me," she answers in a neutral tone, the black pits that were her eyes fluttering shut dor a moment. Aev'iterna pondered her conundrum- it was clear she would likely have to spare this man until exiting the tundra- lest she risk simply freezing to death or go mad without some notion of life, no matter how insignificant, closeby that was not simply prey.
Upon listening to his story, she shifted faintly- focusing upon the darkness creeping overhead as night approached. She had fought demonhunters, of course she had- some even sold themselves as mercenaries much as herself- occasionally fighting alongside her should their employers do the same. They always ended up clashing in the end though- the hunters always died," Why bother hunting demons if you have already avenged the one that likely destroyed your mother, sellsword?"

Gawfy

Because im not satisfied. Gawfy said as he watched the fire. That demon told me he had many in his employ before i Hacked him to bits. I cant replace What he and his underlings took from me. So im going to Keep killing them until they kill me. Gawfy pulled a parchment with a powerful symbol on it. If a demon has this rune on it It means they contracted with My mothers Killer. I know I cant kill every demon in the world so im content with hunting the Ones with this Rune on them Gawfy said as he Took his whetstone out of the Snow and put some Meat on it handing it to Eva. Dig in, Say do you still have that Beastly appetite in this form? He asked. He then put out his hand. Name is Gawfy By the way.

AevumEternity

Reaching out, she took the parchment, fingers tracing the rune upon the papers. She exhaled carefully, briefly remembering some of her squabbles with other demons seeing this mark on every major siege she had particpated in. Her latest- remembering the gushing blood between her lips as her talons sank into the twisted form of a fellow abomination- the mark had been just beneath the creature's eye-

The flashback caused the young woman's stomach to rumble and she took the stone without complaint, using her fingers to carefully tear apart the steaming meat as she hunched beside him," Well... He was not lying- did you know the beast's name before you killed him, Gawfy?"

Gawfy

Absolutely no idea Gawfy said as he Grabbed a Slab of meat with his Hands and blew on it.
All i remember is grabbing the sword and Getting in the armor, After that Its a blur. Then afterwards the house was a wreck and there was blood everywhere. Gawfy tried to bite into the meat, but it was still too hot burning his mouth.

AevumEternity

" That's a shame- symbols are only symbols, everything has a name... A demon's symbol without a name is just a random scrawl on some paper," 'Eva' answers softly, making a slurping sound as she sucked some of the succulent juices away from the burning flesh upon the stone- narrowing her eyes against the howling wind.
" So, Gawfy, in your heart of hearts- you truly wish to see all demons eradicated, hm?" her black eyes slide over to examine his face, briefly allowing herself to admire his features. Was he not a hunter, she may have considered pouncing upon him in a different way.

Gawfy

........... Gawfy sat in silence  No. Im sure some demons Have families and friends as well. I just want to erase every thing related to my mother and her killer and his allies He said as he Clenched his fist When or if i Kill them all im not sure what ill do next. He said as he started eating his now cool meal.

AevumEternity

" That is a rather pathetic." She spoke bluntly, narrowing her black eyes as she finished the cooked meal, pausing long enough to lick the porous rock clean of any remaining juices without freezing her tongue to its surface. Seeming to notice frost slowly forming upon the man's armor, the young woman stood slowly, hugging the cloak and hide tightly around her shoulders before moving behind him, opening up both layers before wrapping her arms about his neck, draping himself and the layers over her companion. The demon's chin rested upon his shoulder as her cheek rested against his, staring into the dying flame as she hummed into his ear," Do you know why that is a pathetic life, Gawfy?"

Gawfy

I have no clue He said as he stoked the Fire. Gawfy did not know Why he told Eva all of that. He hadnt told anyone else nearly this much. He was also unphased with her getting closer.

AevumEternity

Settling more comfortably against his back, the demon huffed softly," Because your purpose will never be fulfilled- and even if it does end up being fulfilled, you will be left even more empty then before. That is a crueler life then most demons have." She answered softly, sighing against his ear, pursing her lips.

Gawfy

Nothing else i can do. Gawfy said as he took his sword from on top of the Fire and putting it down next to him. I feel At home when i swing this sword. Tell me eva. Gawfy turing his head slightly. What would you do in my stead?

AevumEternity

" I would keep swinging that sword- but for a price," she answers, turning her head- her nose poking lightly against he man's cheek. She was unsure why she enjoyed touching and poking and simply teasing this man, but it was fun to say the least. Maybe it was because he was so warm- but either way...
" That is what I do now- I am a mercenary, a demon- the price on my head exceeds my weight in gold nearly a hundred times as much as I weigh in my true form. If you could manage to kill me, you'd be a legend- little Gawfy. So just keep swinging that sword- but away from me, hm?"

Gawfy

Gawfy laughed, Yeah, kill you then have to drag your beast form all the way to the Nearest capital city. He laughed again. Only met me an Hour ago and you are already conspiring against me. He said jokingly. he put his arm on his chest. I suppose you are wondering why i was able to kill so many demons yes?

AevumEternity

Turning her head, idly nuzzling his hair- this man was weirdly alluring, and incredibly comfortable... Well, more comfortable then lying atop permafrost waiting to be covered in a blanket of snow," Of course, we're mortally enemies once we leave this wasteland, are we not? You hunt me, I hunt you, but we're forced into a rather sticky situation so all that becomes null and void."
arching a slender eyebrow, she tilts her head- silver hair tickling his face as she embraced him against the cold," I will admit to a polite curiosity."

Gawfy

Put you hand on the armor. He Gently took her and and put it on his chest. She would Feel unimaginable rage. One that could burn through Gawfy in minutes if left unchecked. Thats how stay alive. The armor Keeps my organs and bones together no matter how many times they tear and break.The Only problem is I cant control my self when it happens. Gawfy let go of her hand. Besides I dont think you killed my Mother. It would be a fools errand to kill every demon i see, especially one as kind as yourself.

AevumEternity

Her hand remained upon his chestplate, her brow furrowing gently,"So you can never take off this armor, hm?" she asks softly, vaguely disappointed- maybe in another life she would be much more enthusiastic in getting him to take it off but right now... She rested her cheek against his, seeming thoughtful.
" That is rather sad, Gawfy- you think I am kind, I am merely mad- and merely using you to survive," she spoke softly, though her voice did not seem quite as sincere as her words may have lead him to believe.

Gawfy

If you just wanted to kill me you would have done so after i fed you. My body would have stayed warm through the night. He said as the Dying fire crackled You Didnt need me to cook for you but you let me. You did not need to let me show kindness to you when i Gave you my cloak but you did. You also listened to my story. If you where just using me i would have been dead when you pounced me Gawfy said as the snow stopped falling

AevumEternity

Shrugging gently, she simply pushes some of her ringlets from her soulless eyes- musing under her breath," Well... I can still kill you, but fair enough." she chuckles softly. Her hands came up, playfully grasping his throat, squeezing his larynx just enough to be notable," I could rip you in half, whenever-" shrugging gently, she turns her head- the demon pressing her lips against his cheek," But you are correct, you are too much fun for me, at this moment."

Gawfy

Gawfy Didnt move as she put her hands around his neck. As she put more pressure on his larynx a figure seemingly in his armor moved. And after she let go the Being dissipated into the iron. We still have time to kill until dawn. Where you going to head after this? I hear Connlaoth needs mercs He said

Tags: