Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Place for the Civilized [OPEN]

Started by AevumEternity, November 16, 2016, 07:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

OOC: If I am already RPing with you in another thread, please leave this open to others :D My goal is to RP with everyone on this site!

Lady Hakon Kilandre gently steered her massive Theocog warhorse, Purgatorio, through the ancient ruins. The heavy steel armor which covered the pair from head to hoof truly astonishing in thickness and weight- if one knew what they were, it could have been assumed horse and rider were merely automatons. Each steel plate hissed against another, barely muffled by the padding beneath.
The rider held a massive shield strapped to one arm, the emblem of the Connlaothan boar decorating it- the other hand rested upon the hilt of a viciously curved scimitar warily. Only to move upward and push the faceplate from her eyes in order to look at her surrounding more clearly.

This place- so many stories painted these dark tombs- but she was here, merely as a scout for now. Whatever information she could gather may be vital for combating magic- there was nothing to lose with her small, struggling noble house teetering on the edge of oblivion.

The young woman exhaled wearily, eyes flickering over the shattered columns, great statues brought to their knees by whatever cataclysm would occur- the heavy thud of her faithful companion's hooves keeping her from simply falling into... Whatever state would come from allowing her mind to ponder too long on the fate of her House.

JackieCat

There always seemed to be something interesting in Fell.

Faelis had come to the cursed place for that reason alone.  He wasn't looking for anything in particular, but he had been getting bored, so he had decided to come here.  With no magic, he was quite safe from the old kingdom's curse, and would often explore the ruins, just for something to do.

And now he had found something.

Or rather, someone.  It was a horse and rider, so heavily armored it took the elf a second to see that it was, in fact, a woman.

Her steed was huge, the magnificent animal plodding along.  It didn't appear that they had detected him yet, and he ducked out of sight behind a fallen slab of stone.

This person, whoever they were, mustn't have had any magic, or Fell would have cursed her already, and she didn't appear to be cursed.  All the same, Faelis was cautious, noting every detail about her and her horse.

Then he sat back and thought a moment.  He could reveal himself and they could talk, or fight, if the rider was hostile, but that would be boring.  What was the fun in acting like a civilized person?  Besides, the past few weeks had been incredibly dull, hardly a chase or fight worth anything.

So, fun it was.  Faelis grabbed a small stone from next to him, and tossed it over the slab of rock.  It tumbled down the slope, bringing other small stones with it until it clattered to a stop at the bottom.

It would have been hard for the rider to miss.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

AevumEternity

The steed noticed the movement of the stones long before the rider, massive head snapping to attention under the layers of thick armor plating, exposed ears training toward the rocks as nostrils flared curiously. Kilandre only coming to notice such activity after Purgatorio's actions drew her attention. Almost immediately, the rider grasped the vicious scimitar's hilt, half drawing it from its sheathe as the shield shifted to a ready position.

Animal and sentient seemed to become one in that moment, whatever subtle motions being triggered between the pair making them of one mind if not body. Turning toward the offending rocks warily.

Rather then call out or immediately charge, it seemed the cavalryman was simply waiting- likely for whatever had caused the disturbance to reveal itself. Hakon was wary, but overly so- admittedly her cockiness grew exponentially when in full battle armor with her dear Theocog~

JackieCat

When they looked his way, Faelis heard the clink of the metal armor both horse and rider wore.  He debated whether to reveal himself.

Nah.

There were ruined buildings all around, and, from earlier, Faelis knew that noise would echo.

He called out, the sound a screech peeling from his throat.  The sound echoed around, making it near impossible to tell where it had come from.  The resulting effect was that of some sort of wraith or demon calling out.

It felt good to mess with people.   
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

AevumEternity

Perhaps it was a mistake to make such a cry, or maybe perfect, depending on the elf's view of the next several seconds that commenced. The massive beast suddenly ripped forward, though slower then the average steed, the roar of the heavy hooves against ancient stone was enough to cause one seize up- but to look upon the armored monster charging up the ruined slope. Heaving its bulk up the slope, crushing some of the weaker pebbles beneath its heavy steps- the Theocog ripped toward Faelis' hiding place-

The scimitar smoothly wavered a song as it was lifted the rest of the way from the hilt. Her hand upon the arm with the large shield grasping the reigns loosely- leaning her body toward her companion's neck to take the worst of the weight off Purgatorio's hindquarters. Her other arm was held aloft and to the side, in a position preparing to wreak havoc. The violent moving have slammed the face plate of the helm shut- obscuring the young woman's vision somewhat.

JackieCat

The horse charged.

Damn, things were escalating quickly!

Faelis popped up from behind the slab of rock to see the horse charging towards him, the woman's sword drawn.  With a whoop he rolled out of the way of the approaching animal.  He rolled partway down the side of the slope and landed at the bottom on his feet, his hands up in the standard start position for any unarmed combat.

Though it didn't seem like it would do much good against an armed woman on such a huge and obviously powerful steed.

"Good day to you, ma'am!" the elf called out, a grin of his face as he doffed an imaginary hat in the direction of the rider.  And when he lowered his hand, a dagger was in it, invisibly palmed from his sleeve.  "Lovely day, don't you think?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

Skidding to a halt, whirling around and slammings its massive hooves against the ledge, causing rather large chunks of rock to skitter down the slope, both knight and steed looked at him abruptly. Shifting the shield slightly forward, lowering the sword to a 40 degree angle from a right angle but still as the ready.

" Identify yourself-!" Her voice rang metallic, harsh, muffled yet loud as if the faceplate did not cover her lips. Hakon internally was surprised, seeing the little blurr of a shame flopping down the slope followed by a rather theatrical boxing stance and flourish. If she had not been so on edge, perhaps i would have been amusing!

JackieCat

Faelis continued to smile as the horse stomped, the grin genuinely expressing his mood.  He was having fun!

"Ah, no, Milady," he responded to her request, the dagger flipping gracefully in his hand, the elf not even seeming to notice it. "I insist, who are you?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

Slightly taken aback, she paused to try and find the right words. She wasn't used to having such a light hearted rejection of her orders. Beneath her helm, her lips twitched with a shadow of a smile, good thing he could not see it.

" Demons do not often share their names, but you are not afflicted so I must assume you are simply an over enthusiastic, suicidal mugwort." Answering crisply, the Theocog beneath her tossed it's great head- snorting loudly in annoyance. Why was there banter and not bloodshed? He seemed to be demanding, only quiet murmuring from the beast's rider calming the vicious temper.

" So why should I share my name if you will not share yours?"

JackieCat

"Tsk tsk," Faelis shook his head and wagged a finger at the rider condescendingly. "Throwing about insults now, are we?  I prefer 'overly enthusiastic, suicidal, and handsome mugwort,' if you don't mind."

He cocked his head to the side, looking up at her as she refused to tell her name.  Well, he hadn't expected her too, so his grin widened and he bowed deeply to her.

"Mr. Mugwort to you, Milady!" he straightened, a sly glint in his eye.  "Like I said, lovely day, isn't it?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

" Forgive me for forgetting that last detail, you see it's rather hard to express something if it's a lie," she answered- unable but to help being dragged into the rather weirdly playful, yet enjoyabel, atmosphere this man created.

" I suppose you may just call me 'My Lady'-" this time, she urged the horse down the slope at a slow pace," and didn't you already attempt to make that comment, sirrah?" Hakon debated whether this man was suave in a very under handed way or simply a bit immature.

The massive horse slowly plodded forward, seeming to tremble with impatience but not breaking stride in order to run down the little creature.

JackieCat

Faelis laughed at her comment, a real laugh.  "Well played," he said.  "And yes, I did say that before, but there's no hurt in saying at again."

He didn't move as the horse came towards him, just continued to watch them, his eyes taknig everything in despite his attitude. "I was bored, and there's always something worthwhile in Fell," he said. "But what, may I ask, brought such a dainty lady as you out here to these cursed lands?"

This woman was obviously not dainty, but that was all the more reason to say it.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

" Dainty?" She echoed incredulously, snorting with slight, mocking laughter," I'' not sure where you hail from but if I am considerred dainty I fear for the men of your land-" as if in an act of vague faith, she moved to gently guide the scimitar back into its sheathe- the steel hissing quietly as the steed came to a halt no more then four meters from him.

" Much like you are, I am searching for somethingg worthwhile within the Fell- may I inquire something of you, Sirrah Mugwort?" Her harsh voice was tinged with amusement, a low gravely drawl coming through which was oddly soothing. The helm tilted almost imperceptibly- likely due to the massive pauldrons protecting her neck and shoulders~

JackieCat

Faelis still didn't step back as the horse got closer, and he looked up at her as she spoke, chuckling again.  "The men where I come from have nothing to fear, I assure you," he said. "We all know our way around well enough."

He noted that she sheathed her weapon, but he knew that that, by no means, meant she trusted him even in the slightest.

He raised a slender eyebrow at her question. "I believe you already did," he smirked. "But I will allow you another."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

" How kind." She chuckles quietly, close enough to note his pointed ears now- this made her lip curl. Elves had forever been known as uptight, mischievious, manipulative, and untrustworthy- wielding magic like a toy and disrupting the natural balance of things. Supposing his lack of magical abilities was a start in the right direction, she kept her hand rested upon the hilt of her sword. Knowing if he was bright and wished to attack, he would have to find a slit in her heavy armor if he were to have a slight chance of doing damage- alas-

" Have you found anything useful in your ventures thus far?" She inquired lightly, all her thoughts seeming void now that she was focusing once more.

JackieCat

"In Fell?" Faelis said, pausing for a moment before answering. "That depends on your definition of 'useful', Milady."

He put his hands behind his back and rocked on the balls of his feet, aware that him putting his hands out of sight would spark suspicion in most seasoned travelers and fighters.  It was an intentional move.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

As if on que to his positions, her gauntletted hand noticeably tightened upon the hilt of the saber- even the great war horse seeming to bunch its muscles in preparation. Tilting her head gently, she answered cooly," Depends on what you found, Sirrah Mugwort,"

It had to be the thrill of suspense, the humor and perhaps just the atmosphere of the Fell that caused Hakon such pleasure in this situation. It had been many moons since meeting someone who played such games- being surrounded by rabble or the overly-proud could ware one's patience quite thin after a month or so. This was a welcome, yer wary change.

JackieCat

Well, she turned that one right back at him.  Nice.

"A few artifacts," Faelis said. "Left over from when this was a great and thriving kingdom."

He didn't disclose where these items were, or if he even had them on his person.  "I was just looking around and came across them.  That's what I do.  I find things."

That was true, he did find things.  Other people's things.  And then he'd take them.  Most people called it stealing, and so did Faelis, he didn't have a problem with that.

He was quite glad that this woman was playing along, it was quite fun.  But you never knew how long someone was going to tolerate it?  Who knew when her patience would grow thin and then snap, turning this from banter to a full-on fight.  That would be another adventure, and Faelis would run right in when it came.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

" Then perhaps I can use your help, if you were not too displeased to have a companion?" Surprisingly, her voice took on a somewhat sultry tone- was it sarcastic? Was it serious? Who knew but it was definitely there. Even the great horse seemed slightly surprised by this change of tone and craned its neck back to the scream of metal plating as if to give her a sidelong look.

Admittedly, she would likely get a slap on the wrist if the Connlaoth administrations ever found she made have briefly been int he company of an elf as a partner in crime, persay- but it's not like she would tell anyone. Impoverished nobles needed to seem purely good in order to ensure the survival of their houses- which at this point for her own family's distinguishing name seemed highly unlikely.

JackieCat

Faelis half-smiled, and his tone matched her own as he spoke. "It would be my pleasure, Milady."

And indeed it would be.  If Faelis was anything, it was an adrenaline junkie, and becoming companions with a masked rider in the middle of the ruins of a cursed kingdom?  That was right up his alley.

"What are you planning on doing?" he asked, wondering exactly what this woman was up to.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: