Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Vibrance Enough to Blind [Open]

Started by AevumEternity, December 07, 2016, 10:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

If I already have more then one RP with you, please allow others to reply to this, thank you!

Lady Hakon Kilandre sat upon the rocky shore of Athervann lake, cross legged. Already the blood within her legs had begun to slow, numbness causing pins and needless to prickle the soles of her feet as she sat there- rolling a smooth pebble between her fingers. As she exhaled, steam rolled from between her lips before dissolving into the brisk morning air. Nearby, the great white Theocog idly stood, large ears focused upon the great lake, nose witching occasionally as a murmur of white birds danced over the mirrored surface.

The Major of Ansgar's Hand shivered once, pulling the deep brown cloak more tightly over her shoulders- shifting her body to allow her sleeping limbs some respite. One more day until she rejoined her unit- one more day. The injury which had given her the excuse to depart temporarily from the front lines had come from a demon that had been summoned by the troublesome mage rebels, recalling that moment, the young woman's eyes fluttered shut.

The shield caught the brunt of the blast of electricity, Major Kilandre could feel bolts of agony ripple through her entire body though the blessing placed upon the steel protected her from the worst of it. Purgatorio whipped around with a roar, hooves whipping out toward the robed assailant viciously as he advanced.
She had raised her scimitar, preparing to strike down the electromancer- before something wrapped around her waist, causing her armor to scream in protest from the crushing force- even the great Theocog being ripped backwards by the force of whatever had seized his rider.
Hakon had been flung to the ground, the air knocked so forcefully from her lungs that blackness briefly took over her vision. A monster towered over her- she tried to move, but something was wrong, she felt no pain but could not move.
The feeling of talons the size of short swords ripping into her armor accompanied by a crushing force did nothing to assist her- she could vaguely recall a sharp prick against the flesh of her belly and the sound of something snapping within. How horrible it was to be concious then-

Hakon Kilandre's eyes open again, exhaling again calmly. That day, she had nearly lost the ability to move, her back and ribs had nearly been fractured to a point beyond repair... Thank Ansgar Purgatorio had been there- ah, how proud she was of her steed... Taking on a demon of such calibre and managing to hold his own quite well as assistance mustered nearby.

A tiny smile cracked her thin lips as she looked toward the great white beast nearby, musing softly," You deserved this more then I do." It had, in fact, been quite relieving to return home for a time - deal with petty finances and so on, look upon the wealth which violence always brought to her family's lands and briefly allow her ego to flare. Alas, she subdued this vanity easily- here at Athervann, she would meet with a reinforcing unit before returning to the head of Ansgar's Hand. Ah- how she missed the dance of blades and songs of combat.

Winding her arm back, the pebble flew easily across the water before landing several meters off shore with a tiny splash. Soon. She would return to where she belonged.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Taking a puff out of his pipe, Josef Grinsbeard took in the view of the lake.

He had spent close to an hour in the morning making notes of the surrounding area, he was taking a break before he continued his journey. He spent the past couple of days exploring routes leading to all sorts of places. One particular route had lead him to the lake sideThe landscape itself was quite beautiful, Josef had seen lakes underneath the mountains, but it was the mountains that made this particular lake quite magnificent.

But somthing quickly caught his eyes, it was a rock skipping across the water before making a *plomp* and sunk.

The ranger snorted, then looked down at the ground for a few seconds before picking out a very nicely smooth pebble. With one fine motion he threw the rock in such at angle that to allow for skipping. The rock went further then the first rock before going *plomp* and sunk.

Josef smiled before taking another puff.

AevumEternity

Straightening slightly as a second projectile hit the mirrored surface of the lake, Hakon blinked and looked around- seeing no one but assuming that the rock came from beyond the high boulders where Purgatorio grazed idly. Her hand ran over the pebbled shore once more, locating a suitable stone that fit snugly into her palm - wrapping her digits around the smooth surface, shifting to her knees, winding back her arm and tossing it with a soft grunt.

The rock spiraled nearly a meter further then its predecessor. The Major smirking triumphantly as she placed her hands upon her hips.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Oh? So is this a challenge? Thought Grinsbeard while grinningChallenge accepted

A minute or two later another smooth rock came skipping out into the lake, this time skipping an impressive length past the previous stone before it decided to sink.

AevumEternity

Standing slowly, she sighed weakly - she had no idea how to skip stones, just chuck them a bit far. Smirking slightly, tossing her hair over her shoulder. She rested her hands upon her waist once more, calling out so her voice echoed across the waters," Come out, Come out, victor!" a light laugh following that echoed to and fro," I concede to your superior stone-tossing!"

Purgatorio, looked up, jaw working upon rough lake-grown grass. Ears flickering to and fro as the great steed seemed to search for said victor.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

From around the corner of the boulder, a stout dwarf came. He had his crossbow on his shoulder and a pipe in the other hand.es rocks. The dwarf chuckled.

"Haha, never compete with a dwarf in anything that involving stones, umgri. Your certain to lose." Said the dwarf as he took a puff of the pipe.
(Sorry, bit tired)

AevumEternity

( Sorry but I'm waiting for you to fix that post, it looks half-finished lol)

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Arocraes

Quinn had been collecting nightshade around this area for some time now. When ground up with other ingredients such as salt and belladonna, a powerful poison could be made--an important tool for Quinn's frequent investigations. He bent over, analyzing the light purple petals before plucking the plants and tucking them away in a satchel. He did this methodically for a couple hours now, but his trance like state was broken when he heard a voice beckon over the lake.

Quinn stepped out closer to the beach, searching for the source while keeping his hand hovering over his pistol just in case. While he did this for his own protection, it was more so to be ready should he encounter someone violating the will of Ansgar.

AevumEternity

Smirking in response to the dwarf, the Major bowed in flourish to the bearded man," Then truly I am the fool. My mind is more for bloodshed then idle game," chuckling gently, she recognized him to be the human sub species, knowing their disdain for magic equaled if not trumped her own.

Straightening again, Hakon motioned for the man to join her," Tell me friend, what are you doing so far from the mountains? Surely the Civil War hasn't reached there, has it?" As she spoke, the great Theocog had seemed to located Quinn, the great six-legged horse walking over to the man, leaning down in order to press his massive white muzzle against the man's hair, blowing warm air at his head. Obviously curious as to what this man was doing lurking in the bushes.

Arocraes

Stupid mutt.

Quinn fixed his hair as he set his satchel on the ground. Defiling the image of Ansgar is a great offense beast, but you do not know better. While he was visibly angry, he did not want to start a fight with the creature. At close range, the Theocog has a far superior advantage over a pistol.

"Where is your master, beast?" Surely the animal was accompanied by someone else, and the sooner he finds out if they are a threat the teachings of his church, the sooner he can go home.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

THe dwarf raised an eyebrow. "If ye were a manlin' from where I come from I may yet understand your liking to fighting, it is what they've every known in their short life. But for a umgri from these parts ta crave the clashing of steel me as odd."

The dwarf another puff before saying "Tha names Josef, Josef Grinsbeard. As ye ken tell, I nae be around from these parts, but I be only passin' through ta tha capital, have some business thar."

AevumEternity

Hakon smiles faintly, pushing long white-blonde locks behind her ear as she flashes a somewhat vicious smile," War is all I've know, sirrah Grinsbeard. I am Major Hakon Kilandre, of Ansgar's Hand. I'm moving to meet reinforcements coming from Reajh at this moment in order to return to the front lines."

She pauses, crouching once again on the bank as she looked around, seeing her faithful Theocog's rather large rump sticking out of the bushes- chuckling quietly," If I may, what buisness do you have in the Capital?"

Purgatorio meanwhile gave the man a rather incredulous look, snorting heavily at him as if telling him in an equine language to kindly stick that pistol where the sun didn't shine before he intended on using it. At his question, the massive horse raised his head and turned to look directly at his rider, Hakon - ears angled and nostrils flaring.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Just acquire some information, nothing that will collapse this country, I assure." the dwarf said before rubbing his chin with his pipe hand.

"Tell me young manling, what do you know of war?"

Arocraes

Quinn gave the Theocog a subtle snarl before heading in the direction of its owner. As he drew closer, the reflection of the sun against the weighty armor worn by the Theocog's owner temporarily hindered his eyesight. However, upon walking further the silhouette revealed itself to be that of a woman clad in heavy armor--armor which he recognized. Quinn sighed in relief, as he eased his tension. Though he did not particularly care for regular soldiers in the Connlaothian military--or anything remotely political concerning Connlaoth--he respected the unit known as Ansgar's Hand for their devotion to Ansgar. Although he wouldn't hesitate to drive a bullet through a member if they defied Ansgar's teachings.

As Quinn was about to open his mouth, another voice interrupted him. He turned to see a dwarf engaging in conversation with the well equipped woman. Quinn shut his mouth to watch the conversation unfold.

AevumEternity

" Enough to know that I shall never have an entire night of complete rest until the end of my days," She answers quietly, offering a vague smile as she leans back upon her heels," Information, hm? You'll find little in the middle of nowhere," gesturing around the lake as a loon distant calls jn its haunting voice.

The Theocog backed up as the man emerged from the bushes, huffing triumphantly and tossing its great head as it loped beside Quinn- idly seeming to sniff his whispy hair before trotting past to its owner.
Hakon glanced up and cooed affectionately the monster of a steed as it approached, her gaze flickering to the approaching man as she arched a slender eyebrow at him, noticing the pistol in his grip. Her eyes narrow immediately as she swiftly swung her shielf about, digging it into the pebbly bank as she called out," Identify yourself."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"The dwarf snorted at the women's response as he shook his head. "Typical umgri, your kind can only take everything at face value. If you'd been around as long as the rest of us you would know nowhere could very well be somewhere."

The dwarf took his crossbow off his shoulder and held it with two hands.

"Just be lucky you do not have to deal with hellish spawns on a daily bases, unlike some of your brethren." the dwarf chuckled.

His attention then turned to the newcomer, before snorting again. "Nice piece of "iron" you have there, you get that from a goblin?"