Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Here, There be Dragons

Started by Marakai Trin, December 08, 2016, 01:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

"Heh, we'll see how soft you are yet. Now that you're reacquainted again, bring your axe to the plaza outside. We'll find someplace outside to spar...I'd rather not read up any more of this place than I have already."

Marakai clapped a hand on Urra'vin's shoulder, and grinned. "I'll see you in a couple minutes."

Without another word, he left the armory, and made his way upstairs. He had some memories to look into.

He made his way to what was once his sister's room, standing for a long time in front of the door. He couldn't enter - both his parents and his siblings rooms were locked to any but those whom they belonged to. He supposed that, as he was king by technicality, he could override it by command, but...

...that just didn't seem right.

"Sister... Vinderaelh. My baby sister. I'm so, so sorry I haven't been able to say this to you before, but I'm sorry. I'm sorry you didn't get to live the life you should have. I'm so sorry. But...things will be better, okay? I've found Urra'vin! After all these years, that crusty old dragons still kicking...I know you would have liked to see him again..."

His hand was placed against the door, this door that was all he had to serve as her grave marker.

"I love you, forever. Please look down on your brother with pride."

Medievarad

Urra'vin nodded as he crossed looks with the forgotten Prince. "Don't dawdle too long," he answered, before he turned around. He shouldered the large axe as if it was nothing.

He made his way down the stairs, back through the massive hallway to head outside, waiting for Marakai at the entrance they went through at the start.

Marakai Trin

It wasn't long before Marakai stepped out of the dark hallway again, turning to lay his hand on the small pillar of stone that had opened the Aerie to begin with. When the gate sealed again, he turned to spot Urra'vin there.

"Apologies. I wanted to pay respects to my sister...I hadn't been for awhile. Now, let's find an area we won't mind tearing up, eh?"

Medievarad

"No need to apologize," Urra'vin answered as he turned to face Marakai, shaking his head slowly. "It's been along time since you had the chance to."

The dragon rolled his shoulders, holding the weapon in one hand. He nodded in response. "Somewhere in the mountains, I reckon."

Marakai Trin

Marakai nodded, and started walking. "It's a shame the roads and stairs didn't survive the tests of time, it'd make it much easier to get around..."

He gave a sigh, and glanced back to Urra'vin, looking over one shoulder. "There ought to be something close by...actually, that might do. I imagine it'll get bigger while we're sparring." He grinned, and pointed to the side, to what appeared to be a wide gully, the only obstructions being several large boulders that likely wouldn't survive anyway.

"This should do nicely."

Medievarad

Urra'vin fell into step next to him, smirking softly. "You'll be fine. Just need to stretch your legs," he answered easily, hitching his free hand with his thumb onto his belt.

He followed Marakath into the clearing, glancing around. "It should," he answered with a soft chuckle. He made his way towards one edge of the clearing, lifting the axe from his shoulder and letting it clunk against the floor.

The stone underneath cracked due to the sheer weight.

Marakai Trin

Marakai stood about twenty feet opposite the other dragon, lowering his sword to allow it's keen edge to rest against the stone. He smirked, looking at Urra'vin with his axe.

"You know, people look at me and ask if I'm compensating for something with my sword....I wonder what they'd say to you?"

He gave a laugh, and made ready, gripping the hilt of his sword with both hands, lifting it up to hold it parallel to the ground, his body twisted to the side a bit.

"I invite you to make the first strike, Urra'vin. Come at me."

Medievarad

Urra'vin smirked. "My dick parallels this axe," he answered with a wry chuckle. "You remember what happened to the last person that made that insinuation. I got married to her," he snarled softly.

He placed both hands on the axe, lifting it slightly off of the ground. And then he surged forward.

He lifted the axe and slammed it down on Marakai, turning on his heels, body canting slightly as he did.

Marakai Trin

"If it did, you wouldn't be walking. Somebody else would be swinging you around like a damn club."

That said, he prepared for Urra'vin's attack, making last second adjustments on his grip. When the axe fell, he lowered the end of the blade, sliding one hand down to grip the flat edge. Thus reinforced, when the axe hit it may as well have been hitting a solid wall - when the weapons collided, there were no sparks, no fragments, nothing but a tremendous shockwave pushing the dust outward.

Before he could be pushed downward from the force of the blow, Marakai shifted his sword to position it perpendicular to the blade of Urra'vin's axe, and with a rasp as the blades slid against one another, stepped away to allow the axe to fall to the ground.

Free from under the others weapon now, he completed his movement with a heavy swing toward his sparring partner, the broad flat side flying toward Urra'vin rather than the edge in a full-bodied baseball swing.

Medievarad

The ground cracked under the weight of the axe, while it was ages of decay for Urra'vin, he still knew how to fight. He was a natural born warrior and a proficient killer. By no means would he be staggered.

Urra'vin pulled the weapon from the ground, setting it straight and slamming it into the ground once more, the rock underneath it cracking as he threw his weight behind the massive shaft, taking the full-bodied baseball swing head on.

And as he did, his feet also dug into the ground, cracks appearing in the stone all around.

As the major force of the blow was absorb, he raised his weapon slightly and forged a sudden step forward, to knock Marakai off balance.

Marakai Trin

Marakai leaned into Urra'vin's shove to avoid stumbling backward, his feet sliding against the stone. The force of Urra'vins push actually sent him back far enough that he had to shove his sword into the ground to kill the momentum.

He straightened with a grin, and ripped his blade out of the ground. "I can already tell, this is going to be fun."

Without further warning, he leapt up and toward his sparring partner, and brought his blade down with a two handed, downward swing, the air whistling as the keen blade cut through it.

Medievarad

"I promise," Urra'vin insisted with a soft grin, before sidestepping he whistling blade, letting it slam in the ground. Rocks exploding under the force of the swing.

Urra'vin circled his axe and slammed the backside of the hatchet down against the blade of the sword, circling the shaft up to aim a strike with the polearm's blunt side against Marakai's shoulder.

Marakai Trin

Marakai accepted the strike to his shoulder with a grunt, and turned away from it.

"Oh, you promise? I swear. More fun than you've had, living in that cave," he jeered, a smile on his face.

With a heave and a groan, he lifted both his sword and Urra'vin's axe into the air, pivoting and stepping from underneath the axe to send the hilt of his sword toward Urra'vin's jaw.

Medievarad

The hilt smacked against his cheek with an audible crack. Yet, by no means was Urra'vin staggered. A thick, slightly bleeding bruise was left on his cheek. Urra'vin sent a tremendous frontal kick at his partner while Marakai was still in his face, aiming to wind him and knock him back.

If he managed to at least create some distance, he'd grip the axe with two hands and aim a slam for Marakai's stomach with the back of his axe.

Marakai Trin

Marakai stumbled backward from the force of Urra'vins kick, admittedly off guard. He'd just thought to rebalance himself when suddenly be felt as if a boulder had been launched at him, and he was suddenly flying backwards toward the mountain side.

His gut hurt terribly now, but he wasn't done - he swung his weight so he was hkrizonfal, his feet pointing toward the rocks behind him. When he connected with the mountainside, the rock crumbled beneath him from the force.

And then he kicked off, sending pebbles and dust flying ad he launched himself upward and out, twisting quickly in the air with his sword held up and down close to his body. At the apex of his flight, still twisting about in the air, his blade suddenly jutted outward - with him and his sword spinning, he looked nearly like a giant saw blade. With a harsh yell, he pushed his spin harder, and the blade came down toward Urra'vin's shoulder, the flat edge turned to deliver what would be a bone-crushing blow.

Medievarad

Urra'vin shouldered the axe, watching Marakai with a grin. They could cut loose like this, they were both extremely durable, more than even regular dragons, they wouldn't inflict any severe wounds at any rate.

The yell, however, caught him off guard and soon, Marakai was flipping his way over to slam the large sword on top of his shoulder. The sound of creaking metal snapping and the cracking of bone resounded. Yet Urra'vin could only grin. He answered by stepping forward, not mindful of his painful shoulder in the slightest, and aimed a headbutt at Marakai's face.

Marakai Trin

Marakai may have shattered bone with his last strike, but a headbutt from Urra'vin was legendary. The prince saw stars when the attack connected, and he stumbled backward. He felt like his nose had exploded, and he tentatively brought a hand up to investigate.

Maybe exploded was an understatement. His nose was pretty much gone. Where most people might get angry or simply fight, he instead laughed.

"Okay...I deserved that. How about we fix ourselves before we continue? You at least should fix your arm."

He dropped his hand back to his side, droplets of blood flying off of it.

"And what the hell is your head made of?"

Medievarad

"I've got a pretty thick skull," Urra'vin answered with a grin. He glanced at his shoulder and tore the pauldron off, before popping whatever was left of his shoulder back into what was left of his socket. "It'll heal," he assured, rolling his shoulder and raising the axe again.

"Ready to go again?" He inquired with a soft grin.

Marakai Trin

Marakai gave a shrug and grinned around his broken face. He then turned, holding up a finger, and spit out a tooth.

"Yeah. And that tooth better grow back, or next time I'll use the sharp side of the sword."

He stepped forward, resuming the position he'd had when they'd first started.

"I'll let you go first again. You're in worse shape than I am." He smirked slightly, showing bloody teeth.

Medievarad

"Ooh. Dangerous," Urra'vin answered with a grin, mocking him slightly.

"No, you make a move now, let's see what happens," the dragon said with a smirk, circling the axe and letting it thud down to the ground.