Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Unexpected Caller. (Nasrin and possible invites)

Started by Wrathwyrm, December 12, 2016, 11:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrathwyrm

The reasons why were unknown, and perhaps even he himself made no particular purpose in coming, but it was a matter of fact that upon laying eyes on the estate of Dailam, he felt it necessary appear there and do what he did.  For any footman in the woods, which lay near the walls of the estate, it was a sorry day, indeed, for it was their last.  Men upon the wall would hear sudden shouts of someone being set ablaze, being allowed to put it out, and then doing so again before fully recovering from the shock.  Fearing some dangerous rogue, a group of castle guards was formed to go out and deal with it.  They were tossed about by a blast of wind before they entered the forest proper, some straight into the wall while others were tumbled across the ground.  Archers upon the wall shot down upon the intruder, and one of them realized - a bit late - who the figure might be.

There is a man or a beast or a demon - They know not what he IS, exactly - who roams the countryside, dispensing terror and bloody vengeance, violence and destruction, upon those whom he crosses.  Doing so, he's made a name for himself.  In fact, he seems to have gone somewhat out of his way to do so.  Whatever he is, they call him Garlock The Destroyer.  Though his attire varies, it seemed to the archer in question that the man currently approaching the walls  - who casually burned away arrows and froze the prone men in ice - might be he.  The black-hooded cowl wearing an iron spikey crown, concealing all but the searing red-glowing eyes...  The armored gauntlets and legs, with torso armor over dark leather...  The ease in which he commanded magic to kill, much like stepping on a bug...  This was not one of the good guys.

A moment's confusion, as he vanished, and then appeared on the wall right with them!  Magic had so many powers to grant, and none of the guards were prepared for this!  He's transported himself instantly among them, and kicked and punched the two closest men before literally blowing them off of the wall.  He appeared in the courtyard, where several guards - including a lancer in plate armor on a horse - watched as he...relieved himself on the property.  Then, he turned to them all, arms spread out wide.

"Woe to all who stand before me, for I am Garlock The Destroyer!  No mortal man shall be overlooked, and probably not women either!  If I feel like it!  Feel my wrath and taste my vengeance!  If I so will it, you will die!"

"Silence, you loudmouthed cur!  I will end the tide of blood, here and now!"

The horseman had spoken, and made to charge Garlock, unflinchingly and with plains to tun him through.  He barely made it two feet.  The very moment the horse reered up to gallop, the dread magus raised a hand and cast lightning through the guard, causing many sparks to fly while thoroughly shocking both man and horse to death.

"I'm the braggart here, fool.  You stay quiet."

"But he's dead!"

"Yeah, I know.  Isn't that great?"

The moments that followed were no-less terrible.  In truth, they got worse.  Garlock blasted chunks from the walls and castle for laughs.  When a serious amount of guards attacked him, a shadow blaze cut through their numbers, and he continued along his way, cutting his swathe until he appeared at the other wall, which after...he vanished from.  Nobody knows the secret of Garlock The Destroyer.  Nobody is aware...as he appeared in this empty alley not too far from {A} the local port or {B} a couple of dangerous-looking hounds...that he was, in reality, a cat.  The only problem with this was that the dogs - while uninformed vis-a-vis his identity - still spotted an unwelcome cat and gave chase.

"Gods all the dammit!!"

Cue the standard cat-and-dog type chase sequence.

joylss

Months had passed since the concord within Dailam is stirred from its astral peace, terrorized by a foreboding devil yet to be unveiled through the bounteous hand of formidable justice. Nasrin is not oft called upon to partake in the conventions of paramount court without timely address, nor solicited to controversial debates whilst threats imposed by the nameless devil remains yet indisputable. Depleted from irrevocable sleep, nigh to the brink of vile courtesies, Nasrin is no less left at unease than the knights seated amongst the round table, yet, his demeanor is aloof,  and blasély detached from the trepidation that stiffs the wintry air.

Even evidences are provided without fair trial. Pitted against broad expanse of ashen panorama, curt and even are the foot of Dailami soldiers whilst the acting proxy of Pelgius himself stood wistfully against what may be left of tarnished walls besmirched by flames of hellfire. Whereas the gallant stories within country folk speaks of dystopian tales in legends of Bakanekos, Nasrin does not hesitate to dismiss the thought of drawing open dim curtains pertaining to the otherworldly theories, not unless he is left with the singular option to conceive ploy.

Behold the gods, may thee spread luminous hues and shower his wisdom in silvery faith! For is not persecution now an eternal curse among Dailami citizens which remains unyielding to predispose? Say naught, the fate of Dailam is best commended to his own grasps, than savoured by the blemished touch of untrustworthy hands.

"A cat... ?" instincts aroused by the endorse of lissome voice, amethyst eye caught all but a fleeting glimpse of shadowy black bypass the aisle. The practitioner would follow his wakened guidance to an improvised detour. No reason a cat is permitted to roam freely within annihilated province and emerge conclusively unscathed, lest such measly events evinces a deplorable fluke, the privy yearning to investigate is contrarily put forth to commence.

Wrathwyrm

Dogs...  Somehow, despite his power and his intellect, they remained impacting upon his primal instincts.  Big, burly, guard dogs...and he an adult tom with a certain aversion towards them.  It was not a deranged phobia, but a natural recoil from something vicious.  For cats, even powerful cats, it was understandable.  The first impression was to run, which was a mistake, because dogs like to chase.  Hell, so did cats.  The problem was that even though he could have shredded them both, his mind tripped up in the heat of the moment, which caused him to run and start leading two canines in pursuit.

Calm down, Garlock.  Just turn and warp their minds, then trot away like nothing happened.

So thinking, he turned and-  Forget it!  Too fast!  Too big!  Too hostile!  His mind rejected, even though they could do little more than cause temporary harm before he evicerated them.  The instinct was too strong.  He needed somewhere to make a stand, somewhere high up.  That was something the back of the cat brain said, as well.  Go somewhere high up, for the love of gods!  Of course, this was where Nasrin showed up, and the curious fellow would find Garlock run between his legs, jump up his back, and take refuge on his shoulder while arching his back at the approaching canines.

"Mrow!  Mrow!  Mroooow!  Hissssssssss!"

Humans make great stepladders.

Unfortunately, he could not make a supernatural move against these dogs without revealing himself.  Most irritating.

joylss

Tattle the whir of both canine and feline clamor, the tinge of lissome paw is scarcely felt even as Garlock make his untimely landing on the doctor's shoulders. For a moment, Nasrin is torn from the insights of prying matters at hand, instead, with a brandishing of nimble palm and paltry gesture, the dogs were methodically dismissed.

"Now, now little cat, have you been mischevious so?" with the supple paunch of cheeks, would Nasrin cast the feline posed by his shoulder a deride stare. "A fine cat of your glossy pelt is certain to be exposing targets to purloined hands. Have you come to find perch on my shoulder, only to have me trade you in for a hefty price?"

Cast his humuor in facetious light, Nasrin is seldom espoused to such vacant play, but when exposed to his impotent fondness for animals, his naturally dour shall be deemed a deplorable guest.

"Criminal provinces are naught suitable for a feline animal - say, what brings you here on such gloom a day?"

(OOC: SQUISH THE MEOW :D :D && Nasrin is being mean for once, this is a first on this site. Bravo, Garlock!)

Wrathwyrm

The dogs did not stay around, with this human waving them off.  Either he owned them or he had power over them.  Either way, the canine-related peril was over, such as it was.  And let's be perfectly clear about this.  They were not really a danger to him and he was NOT afraid.  Any insinuation of otherwise will only cause you pain at the end of a cat's paw.  And with that, the human appeared to be addressing him...  Immediately, Garlock had a look on his face proclaiming that his human pedestal was not invited to speak, and that his wit had all the taste of boiled cabbage.

"I've no other place to be.  One spot is as good as the next.  I just didn't expect dogs."

Why the hell was he talking so funny?  Was this something that nobility DID or was he just the town idiot?  Something to be determined, still, after he gets past the obvious 'Oh, this isn't an ordinary cat' bit and explains why he should be paid any more heed than another human being.