Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Very Unlucky Day (Nasrin)

Started by WiseSage15, December 19, 2016, 09:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiseSage15

Oh how did things end up like this? Bovil's eyes slowly opened only to see that he was locked up in some kind of cage. First, he ran out of coin to buy himself some water. Then, he missed a shot that would have gotten him some food. And now, Bovil was in a cage. Today just wasn't the centaur's day.

Trying to get up, Bovil found himself too weak to do anything. There was something in his system, but he had no clue what. His vision was still blurry, his hearing was clogged, and there was a sharp sting in his flank. In a matter of seconds, Bovil went back to an unconscious state. He still had no idea where he was, and chances were that he wouldn't find out anytime soon.

While the beast slumbered, a lanky man with bright blue hair carefully adjusted the top-hat that sat proudly on his head. Before him, numerous cages that contained many different exotic creatures and humanoids. All were quickly pushed behind a large curtain where they would be brought out one by one. Today, the man would strike rich. So many exotic slaves that would go on sale today, and so many wealthy nobles that'd be more than happy to purchase at least one seeing as how they were repeat customers and had been invited to many of these "functions".

As the small hall before him soon began to fill with noblemen and women, the man was quick the initiate small talk with them. He promised that none would leave today disappointed and that there were many rare specimen to go around. Once the hall was mostly filled, maybe one or two invitees running late or not showing up at all, the man went onto the stage and stood behind a simple wooden podium. Surveying the entire crowd, the man cleared his throat somewhat and straightened his spine to give himself a bit more of a professional appearance before shouting out to a now silent crowd,"Welcome to tonight's auctions. We have a wide variety of creatures that were personally captured by us and will be sold to you. You all know the rules of the auction, so let's bring out our first specimen."

Immediately after his little introduction, the first specimen was brought forward. It was a simple griffin that much like Bovil, was unconscious in a cage. "This specimen is very special." Began the slaver as he left the podium and waltzed over to the cage. "This wonderful combination of eagle of lion is sure to serve as an obedient little pet. Don't let it's look fool you though, these creatures are extremely clever. Why, it may be smarter than some of you in this very room." He continued while pointing to parts of the creature and looking to the crowd. Some had a look of awe on their faces while others had their hands at the ready when the bidding commenced.

Then it started, multiple hands shot up screaming out amounts of gold many would only dream of having. "Two thousand!" A man shouted. "Three thousand!" Shouted a woman as the man sitting next to her stared in disbelief. It went on like this for quite some time until the poor griffin was sold to a burly looking man and his much more delicate looking wife.

The griffin was shoved backstage once again and out came a minotaur in a cage. The bidding continued, and ultimately went over to a green haired woman who waved her fan almost tauntingly at the participants. Multiple other creatures were then put up for auction and the bidding continued. It seemed like tonight had been a complete success for the man. But now, it was time for the main event.

"This is our final and greatest specimen yet!" Announced the man as Bovil was brought out from behind the curtain. "The mighty centaur!" He shouted as the walked over to the cage that contained Bovil. "Look at those powerful hooves, they look like they could carry his owner fall." He said while pointing to the appendage. "Fast and strong as a horse this one is," The man said while returning to his podium "But also smart as a human, maybe even smarter." he remarked in a somewhat joking manner as he reached down under the podium and took out a large satchel, a  bow, and a quiver full of arrows. "Look at this bow." The man said while running his finger over the designs made in the yew wood. "I believe this creature was an excellent marksman, could make a pretty good guard with the proper training. Either that, or he could make an excellent mount, probably knowing all the little back-routes through the forest and mountains." The man said while motioning over to the still unconscious Bovil.

Now, the fun was about to begin. "Let's start the bidding at say....two thousand gold? Do I hear three thousand?" The man told his audience. Almost immediately, a woman shot her hand up and shouted,"Three thousand!" and was soon met with a man who raised his hand and responded,"Four thousand!"while smirking at the lady. Who would win the centaur? Who knew at this point, the bidding was still slowly rising with person after person raising up their hand to top the last. The man had simply hyped up Bovil as the best slave ever, and look at the result he got! So many people were bidding on the centaur, the man was going to be rich! He hoped that the climbing of the price would never stop, this was one of the single greatest turnouts he had ever had. Unfortunately, the bidding had slowed ever so slightly, but the man knew that any minute now he'd have to award the winner with their new prized centaur. Who would it be? That, was yet to be seen.

joylss

Bygone ornaments garnished the hall in a way impenetrable without remarkable access, illustrating bejeweled isles with the utmost exorbitant riches whereas within it  houses an unforgiving prosecution ---- the prosecution of hapless stooges, who had stocked the slave trader's hoard for months and weeks before the stages of auctioneers should ultimately mark their destitute fate.

Before him now exhibits the affair of a ghastly spectacle,  presented by a man whose action champions the very epitome of worldly clamor and unparalleled sin. No creature should endure the kiss of whip upon skin, maltreated like the spoils of war in the absence of just, a practice of habitual torture beguiled to be discipline. Nevertheless, even as his bum is heftily seated upon lavished cushion meant for the noble caste, where his highly-esteemed father is ranked amid, Nasrin had thus breached the consecutive law of Falliel by attending the invitation meant for slavers. Begrudgingly, such practices have not once jilted his distaste, instead, the essence of his righteous-bound nature shall prevail in the ilk of his peers within the noble consort thus far.

There remains a residue of embellishing scars that makes its profound appearance on the centaur's skin, which even at such distance the recoil of muscles upon shoulder is wayward at the sight of distinct red that glistens in foreboding for the pitiable creature. Albeit, dependable is the staunched touch that will not hesitate to speak its mind, for it is during the rise of vociferous furor that a deep voice from the highly-cultured larynx makes its deport through the tongue:

"If you maltreat your slaves as such --- should the creature surpasses its bounds and make free one day, then, would it not seek vengeance for the tell-tale justice imposed upon them?" A man of fair hair and stalwart shoulders makes his appearance, making his decree in the voice of Caileth he so clearly inherited. "Therefore, would that not make us, as buyers,  here to dispense a hefty coin only for the sake of housing a vile creature within private walls, only to have bodily placed our beloved ones and family within danger's way?

. ..  Do you think us as stark fools?"

(OOC: I'm sorry this is short compared to yours >o< I don't have the skill to write suuper long replies actually. )

WiseSage15

The auctioneer continued to keep a close eye on the bidding, making sure that it didn't stop without him realizing it. However, the bidding suddenly came to a stop when a man's discomfort filled the hall. The auctioneer simply frowned as he listened to the person go on and on. Frankly, it was rather distracting from the auction.

Once he finished his little rant, the auctioneer hopped off stage and walked over to the other male. "No, no. I don't see any of you as fools. I see you all as investors in my little business, the livelihood of anyone like me." He began, pacing around as he spoke. "And as for the creatures? My livestock? Why would I "maltreat" my only mean of earning an income? That would only result in less sales, or perhaps even returns! Why go through all that trouble when I can give them the vital essentials for all life, thus ensuring that they're in fit condition."

Almost smirking at the other man, the auctioneer simply chuckled as he said,"I think you overestimate these creatures. The minotaur that was recently sold, couldn't even hold its axe right. The centaur? Missed a shot on a rabbit. The chance of them actually hurting you or getting free are slim to none. If you're honestly that concerned about the safety of you and your family, you can pay a bit extra and I'll personally see to it that the creature is broken and you're left with a completely tamed slave."

Finally turning around and walking back to his podium, the auctioneer looked towards his crowd. Most, were still staring at the other man with questioning looks on their faces. Regardless, the bidding resumed, everyone had essentially shrugged off what the man had just said and continued trying to win the centaur for themselves.

Those words, and any that were to follow, were simply going to fall on deaf ears.
((OOC: Don't worry about it, it's still a really good post.))

joylss

Together wholly in unison, the auctioning hall is momentarily appeased by the demand of reassurance. Stout bodies and moneyed minds gyrates in aghast at his begeting speech, stroking naught the ego of dishonest pelf earned through blemished paradigms executed by the unscrupulous gambits of business stratums. The auctioneer may spin his honeyed words to make appeal for good whilst obscuring the candor of lies and deceit, but all in all, Nasrin has yet been blinded by the sense of deviousness coveted within the man's fraudulent form.

Nevertheless, whilst glory is an altruistic commandment, the will of a single man alone is rendered futile when pitted against an army of one and aplenty. Armed by his resolve alone, Nasrin acknowledges the seething pandemonium upon hindsight, should he seek dispute with the freedom of discourse, while his speaking adversary shall then hold against him and misdirect it towards the ill-intend of causing controversial play.

"With all due respect, your canard evinces a conflicting proposition - what good will a broken centaur serve but merely an innate slave? Did you not say he would make an excellent marksman to boot?" The daunting linger of footslog signifies his approaching figure, halting when he was before the stage. The creature which sits within steel bars provokes a hostile aura, however, he has said nothing yet.  "Then you sought to claim a minotaur's foible to wield even a decent axe. Lest I fall victim to your scams, perhaps I possess a right in monetary debate."

He does not doubt that the centaur will perceptibly fetch a hefty price, perhaps his weight worth in gold; albeit, he would refuse to dispense substantial worth for a poor creature's life---to have one's worth weightable by gold is merely a crepuscular act imposed upon the zealotry of worldly pantheon. And as such, Nasrin would seek to impress the auctioneer with an even heftier sum: "Then, permit me to assert---I shall not engaged in capitalistic trade with you for this centaur, but, willingly will I relent a heirloom of my family's. My father's periapt whose craft does without equal is what I shall lay offer in this deal. Will you not grace me with your consent and accept my humble offer?"