Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A cure for your ailment [Nova_Eclipse!] [M]

Started by Medievarad, December 26, 2016, 12:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"Oh," she flicked her hand and the hat came flying towards. Scarlet caught it and tipped the oversized thing on her head, standing up again. "Well, it doesn't matter," she said with a soft shrug and a deep breath.

She walked over to the door and wrenched the throwing knife and seal from the wall after a brief discharge of magic to neutralize it.

Then, she headed to the middle of the room and bit her thumb, before starting to scribe runes of blood on the floor. "The stave and book are linked to me," she explained, before stepping back.

Richter could feel the veil tear, a blue flame flakkered amidst the crimson circle of ruins. And soon, the runes were burned up. And on the floor was the staff and the book, still smoking softly. "Like clockwork."

Nova_Eclipse

Richter raised an unseen eyebrow at her little display of magic, letting out a soft chuckle, "Nice show you gave me there.  Maybe I could ask you to teach me how to do that, sometime.  It'd certainly help me keep track of my belongings."

Medievarad

"If you wish to fragment your soul and part of your essence in your belongings," Scarlet answered with a soft chuckle. "I can teach you how, but you'll suffer of soul siphon from some days," she shook her head. "And with your magical prowess, probably develop several cases of amnesia and insomnia."

Nova_Eclipse

Richter stared at Scarlet, and although she couldn't see his face, she could tell from his posture that he was either creeped or weirded out by her statement.

"...I...retract my request.  I'd very much like to keep my soul the way it is, thank you very much," the knight replied slowly.

(OOC: I was tempted to make a joke and have Richter say "Pfft, please.  I have no soul." then cue demonic screaming and eldritch horrors lurking in his shadow or something.  Also, is...this okay, for me to put an OOC note here in a post like this?)

Medievarad

[It's fine, don't sweat it ^^. And; "A soul? Pfsh. I am already dead ln the inside."]

"Hmm. I do imagine a soul in one piece being healthier," she agreed with a soft hum. "But, in essence. These objects possess pieces of my soul." The explanation was rather simplified. But that was what it boiled down to.

She stretches softly and hitched the stave around her back, hanging the massive book from a loop in her belt,. "Anyhow. Ready to go?"

Nova_Eclipse

"I've been ready since last night.  Since I'm carry everything that I own at all times, I'll almost always be ready before you are," the knight replied, gesturing towards the door with one hand.

Medievarad

"Sure," she replied with a soft quip, not caring for the rest of his remark. She was fully aware it was her choice to spend the night.

But regardless, she made her way down the stairs of the inn, before walking out into the street. She stepped in the middle of the road and started stretching with a soft moan, before taking a deep breath. "Adventure!" She called loudly.

Nova_Eclipse

"...You're acting very differently from how you were acting last night.  But, for the sake of my sanity, I'm not going to ask why," Richter remarked, making sure that his sword, shield, and satchel were secured to his body before walking past Scarlet. "Now, let's get moving, shall we?"

Medievarad

Scarlet glanced at Richter again, frowning softly. "I was ill yesterday," she explained, before stretching her shoulders. "But, let's move on, yes. Lead the way."

Nova_Eclipse

Richter nodded, then pointed in the direction opposite from the port, "That way leads to Prova, according to the map and a few of the people around here that I've asked.  Just follow close behind or beside me, and we'll get there."

With that, he walked off in the direction of Prova, his metal boots making hefty thuds against the ground with each step.

(OOC: I am SOO sorry that I didn't respond earlier.  College life is a bitch.)

Medievarad

[No problem. I'm also having some matters IRL that require a lot of my attention ^^]

Scarlet rested the staff over her shoulder, hand resting upon the massive, leatherbound tome as she struggled to keep up withthe him. "Oi!" She called after a short while. "My legs ain't as long as yours!" She protested with a soft pout.

Nova_Eclipse

Richter looked back over his shoulder at the Usagi and let out a sigh, then wordlessly slowed down his pace so that Scarlet could catch up to him.

Medievarad

She did manage to catchmake up, falling into step next to him. "Much better," she stated, straightening out her robes as she walked. "Tell me about yourself," she quipped with a soft breath.

Nova_Eclipse

Richter looked at Scarlet with an eyebrow raised beneath his helmet, "I thought I already told you about my life's story.  There's not much else to know that I'm willing to tell you, or anyone else, for that matter.  I need to have some secrets, after all."

Medievarad

"I don't need your backstory, silly," she quipped in retort, shaking her head. Hat and ears swaying along. "Who you are. What you like and dislike. Colours, food, all that," Scarlet explained with a soft hum.

Nova_Eclipse

The knight didn't respond for a few moments, then nodded and let out a short breath, his gaze drifting up to look at the sky as he hummed in thought.

"...Well, as I've already told you, my name is Richter, and I'm a Knight.  As for likes and dislikes...well, I like sunrises and sunsets, being a knight, helping others, honing my skills, maintaining my equipment, seeing the happiness of others, peace and quiet, and simply being alive.  I hate bandits, slavers, senseless murder and/or violence, rapists, bigotry, and arrogance."

"My favorite color is red, and...I can't really choose a favorite food, since there's too many delicious foods that I like for me to choose just one out of all of them," Richter finished with a shrug.

Medievarad

Scarlet smiled softly, letting out a hum of approval. "I see. As for myself-" her words were interrupted by a loud yelling.

"Hold right there, travelers!" Came the call as a man clad in leather armour and furs stepped on the road from the treeline next to it. Several others followed him out, shouldering crude axes or rusty swords. "You two seem like the type to be able to cough up some nice coin over there," the man called, making his way over to the pair. Scarlet glanced towards Richter, taking a deep breath.

She pulled the book from her belt, letting it drop to the floor. The tome opened on itself and hovered inches above the ground. "Allow me?" She inquired, glancing over at the man.

Nova_Eclipse

The knight let out a low chuckle and drew his sword to hang lazily at his side, "By all means, go ahead."

Medievarad

"Good," she said with a soft exhale. She rested the butt of her staff against the ground, tilting it slightly. Her hand hovered above the book, followed by sparks of lightning springing from the pages to her hand. "Be consumed by the all eating storm," she murmured under her breath, a massive ball of lightning surging underneath her hand.

And so, the bolt surged forward, surging over the road, scorching the stone and sparking between the bandits. Ending the fight before it started.

Nova_Eclipse

As the electrically-fried corpses hit the ground, Richter shook his head in either amusement, disappointment, or both, "Shame that most bandits don't understand that it isn't a good idea to attack a mage or a knight when all the bandits have is half-broken weaponry.  Shall we go and search them for anything useful, like gold or a map?"

(OOC: I just realized as I'm writing this that I put "Venka" in one of my previous posts on this page instead of "Prova," the latter of which is where these two are headed.  Venka is the name of Richter's hometown.  I am a derp, sometimes.)

Tags: