Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Tourist Traps

Started by Magyar, December 30, 2016, 09:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

"Are you leading me through twisting tunnels and mysterious crypts?" Hvit asked in amusement, "Or are we to roost with the jungle birds high in the trees?"

DragonSong

Melisma laughed and glanced over her shoulder at him. "Sort of both. Come on, through here."

She led him down another hall and up a set of crumbling stairs, then through yet another long tunnel-hallway.

Eventually, they came to what might have once been some sort of personal chamber in the temple. Time had eroded the walls, the far one almost completely, so it formed almost a pocket balcony in the wall of the temple.

The jungle had grown in to claim the space, vines and flowers curling over the far edge of the floor and creeping in over the walls. Melly had arranged a pile of blankets and pillows in a near corner, the one most sheltered from the elements.

"Sometimes I like to sleep up here, if I'm human," she told Hvitt, moving toward the makeshift bed. "I can only fit here in this form, it's too small for a dragon.

Magyar

"My abode doesn't have a human sized space," He explained, "I rarely need it and when I do, I take the huts of mountain men, as you well know."

Hvit followed her, and sat on the side of her bedding. He reclined onto the blankets and let his head fall back into the pillows with a groan.

"I do enjoy human comforts though."

DragonSong

"Right?" She smiled and flopped down beside him, cuddling into his side. "Humans certainly do make the best of what they've got."

Melly sighed and closed her eyes, folding her wings around her arms to create a kind of personal blanket. "To be honest, I'm beat," she murmured through a small yawn.

Magyar

Hvit's eyes had already become heavy lidded, so when he drifted off moments later it came as no sudden occurrence. Before sleep consumed him, though, he stretched his wings from under the dragon-leather cape behind him, and let out a groan as the joints popped and cracked with the effort.

"Goodnight, little bird," he said groggily, and closed his eyes to welcome the sweet sinking of sleep.

DragonSong

"'Night, Hvitt." Melly yawned again and snuggled a little closer.

She may not have known it, but her kind were flock creatures. She vaguely remembered sleeping curled on Raki's chest as a hatchling, then sprawled out beside him on the bed when she got too big for that, but it had been over a century since she'd slept near another person.

It was nice. It fulfilled an instinctual desire for closeness that she hadn't even fully recognized she'd had. She drifted easily off to sleep, nuzzling into Hvitt's neck unconsciously as she did.

Magyar

Where Melly may have been a flock creature, Hvit was not. His species were solitary hunters, and lonely tyrants. Sharing what was for many other creatures a very intimate space was even more so for them, and Hvit especially among them. Even by his kind's standards, he lived a life apart.

Even as she slept, and he drifted away, a twinge of pain in his chest kept him from sleeping easy. He knew it couldn't last, not the way he wanted it to. Not the way it should.

DragonSong

A soft beam of sunlight through the thick jungle canopy fell across Melly's eyelids and she stirred slightly, giving a sleepy groan.

"Mmm..."

She was warm. Unusually warm. What-? Her eyes blinked open.

Oh, right. Hvitt. She smiled and pushed herself up off the bed, arching her back and stretching her wings up above her head. "Hey. Morning."

Magyar

Hvit was barely awake when she moved away from him, and all he registered at that moment was that the soft, warm thing cuddling with him was gone, but retrievable. So in his half asleep logic, he did the best possible thing at the time, and pulled Melly back down to him by the hips.

Now that his cuddly warmth was back, he embraced it like a child does a stuffed animal, and rolled onto his side, content with slipping back into a half finished dream.

DragonSong

"Oh!" The smaller dragon squeaked as he pulled her in closer, then smiled and shook her head at her bedmate.

"You're still asleep, aren't you?" she chuckled to herself. She let her wings resettle around her arms, partially wrapping over Hvitt as she did. "Hvitt. C'mon, we should get up."

Magyar

Hvit was roused slightly at hearing her voice, but payed it no heed, and dug his face into the hollow of her neck. He mumbled something about dwarves and little hats before lowering his grip and arching his back, so that his hands rested on the slope of her behind, and his forearms braced her back.

His left wing twitched unexpectedly, flapping weakly in his sleep. The clawed tips of his fingers pricked her bare skin slightly, and against her smooth skin his subtly scaled hide was rough, but still somehow soft and pliant enough to betray the muscle underneath.

DragonSong

Melly felt a slow heat creep up her body, starting somewhere in her belly and climbing all the way to her face, coloring her coppery skin with a rosy tint.

She cleared her throat and swallowed thickly, confused and surprised by the reaction she was having to his touch. The prick of his claws against her skin made her heart leap, sparking a flight or fight reaction that she didn't entirely understand.

"Um, H-Hvitt?" She cleared her throat and tapped his shoulder lightly. What was she supposed to do with her hands? She let them rest against his back lightly, head tilted back a bit as she tried to figure out how to fit herself against him.

Magyar

Heavy-lidded though his eyes were, and near dead with sleep, the tapping was new. He instinctively raised his head, retreating from her neck and straightening so that his nose was somewhere around her brow. He licked his lips, and cracked open his eyes just enough to see through them, giving off the impression that he was squinting despite the lack of sunlight on his face.

He'd been dreaming of wrestling with a cousin of his, a much smaller drake, albeit large in his own respect. He'd been winning, but now he awoke to see Melly's face not inches from his own.

"Yes, little bird?" He said sleepily, the deep bass of his voice vibrating into her chest. He didn't pay it attention, as the vibrations were commonplace for him, but they were in such close proximity that she would have felt every word as well as heard it.

DragonSong

A shiver rippled down Melly's spine and she blinked at him, lips slightly parted as she wracked her brain for something to say.

Why on earth couldn't she think of anything to say?!

"That feels nice." Her eyes widened as she blurted out the first thing that came to mind. Her cheeks flushed scarlet and she tried to duck her head, but they were so close together that she only succeeded in burying her face against his chest.

She tried to jerk back, but there was really nowhere for he to go. "I- I mean- um...The- I don't..." She cleared her throat and groaned quietly, embarrassment making her trip of her own tongue.

Magyar

"What?" Hvit asked, confusion furrowing his brow. He shifted slightly, causing everything to rub against everything. He moved his hands up to her lower back, a conscious decision after realizing how far south his sharp fingers had been going. Other than that, he found their position no different from any of the other times they'd shared a bed.

"What troubles you so?" He asked again, curiousity and confusion evident in his tone.

DragonSong

"I- I don't-"

Melly whimpered quietly and wriggled, not sure if she was trying to get some distance or recreate that tingling, heated sensation that had flashed through her by his little shift.

"I don't know," she whined, eyes wide as she stared at him. "I'm all...hot. I never get hot! but I keep feeling like I'm shivering, and- and-"

She swallowed and tried to organize her thoughts. "I, um...I think I like it."

Magyar

Hvit's eyes narrowed, and he gave her a sideways look. He had a suspicion, but wanted to confirm it before taking any further action.

"What do you like... this?" As he spoke, he shifted down, so that his entire body slid downward an inch or two. It left his eyes just above hers, and his arms farther into her lower back. The claw tipped fingers drifted across the curve of her, low enough that the tips of his middle fingers almost slid down entirely to her thighs.

The entire time, he kept a cautious eye on her, his mind much more awake and analytical than it had been moments before. His movements were intentional, and if he was right in his assumption, then certain problems might arise.

DragonSong

Her breath hitched and her eyes widened. That tingling heat was back, and she swallowed a small sound that was some cross between a gasp and a whimper.

"Yes," she murmured shakily, meeting his eyes. "Yes, that. I- I liked that." Melly cleared her throat. She sort of wanted to look away, but found that she couldn't, her gaze captured by his.

She wasn't totally naive; the reactions she was having to him were new and confusing, but she was slowly starting to work out the origin of the feelings. Still, she had no idea where to go from there- she'd never before been in even a remotely similar situation.

Magyar

Hvit was correct in his assumptions, although to be fair there was quite a bit of evidence beforehand. He had two options now, but neither were paths that he decided. As of now his only course of action was this; a question:

"What do you want now?"

It was simple. But the weight of her answer had implications. And even then, her answer would definitely change how he viewed this situation. One thing stood heavy handed in the forefront of his mind, and that was the double-edged blade of guilt and regret. And so he asked. And so he waited.

DragonSong

What did she want?

"I..." Melly took a shaking sort of breath and closed her eyes, trying to think. By now she'd figured out what her body wanted, but what did she want? It was entirely possible that some dormant mating instinct she hadn't known she possessed had just risen to the surface, and if that was all it was she didn't want to act on it.

But...what if it wasn't that? Or not just that?

She sighed and opened her eyes slowly. "You," she murmured simply, giving a little shrug. "I- I want to be...close to you, Hvitt. If you'll let me."