Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Mordecai's death (OPEN)

Started by Korvix, January 11, 2017, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korvix

The posters had become more and more frequent since Nomax entered the city. Each of them different, but with the same basic information: A big bounty for a crazed necromancer. No one hade come to kill him yet, but he had certainly felt a few questioning looks from people all around the city. It was obivous that whoever produced the bounty needed to dissapear.

Closer examination of the posters showed that the source of the problem laid with a vigilantic ofshoot of the "mordecai" guard, specifically their captain. Nomax noted that this is probably the worst possible thing that could have happened. He had never seen a mordecai before, but the disabling of magic would disable the necromancy that kept him "alive", which wouldn't be optimal. Of course, there was a chance that this necromancy was an immortal magic, but he wouldn't count on it. Anyhow, something needed to be done, and the first step would be to find someone following the bounty to kill him. Nomax walked to the shadiest part of the city he could find: a dark and dirty street corner, populated only by bandits and thugs. Now came the wait.

Kowareta

"And stay out!" An angry women slammed a door in Chiuki's face making her flinch. 'Stupid old lady' Chiuki's growls under her breathe and angrily walks off, pulling up her hood.
Chiuki thinks about what to do next, walking for a minutes, kicking a stone, looking at the ground. She suddenly bumps into something and falls onto the ground. "S-sorry" she stammers quietly looks slightly up and sees a man wearing a large hood/cape.

Korvix

Nomax couldn't be bothered to raise his sword at the young woman that stumbled into him. Was this really the person they sent to kill me?, he thought. She certainly has the gear of an assassin, but why wouldn't she be more careful? Either this is a trap, or this is not the person i'm looking for. He slowly but carefully lowered his hand to help her up.

Kowareta

Chiuki hesitantly take the strangers hand and gets up. "T-thank you" Chiuki mumbled shyly and smiled kindly at the unkniwn.

Korvix

She doesn't exactly seem to be the person i'm looking for, he thought while observing her. The feeling of quick relief was soon replaced by dissapointment.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?"

The sentance came off a bit more aggressively rude than inteded, but he did need to know if she was sent to kill him.

Kowareta

"I-I'm Chiuki" she quickly says, tensing up at the stranger's tone. Chiuki instinctively shifts her stance, flicking her wrists she feels the hidden blades shift on her arm. "I'm just wondering looking for the next place I can stay" she glares at the man, ready to defend herself if necessary.

Korvix

She did not seem like a threat at all, the girl. Just a peasant that walked into the wrong alley at the wrong time, right? Yet something felt wrongabout her.

"Well i don't think you will find it here."

Nomax was on the verge of dismissing her, but he realized the girl may actually be of some use. Very unlikely, but possible.

"Well if it's coin you want, i could use a helping hand. If you don't mind a bit of danger, of course".

Kowareta

"Depends, how much coin are we talking about?" she asks with a little smirk, eyes glinting with excitement and curiosity.

Korvix

Chiuki seemed a bit too eager for her own good, but he really didn't care as long as she was talented. He looked around him quickly before speaking.

"I'm sure the place we are striking has some money. Most of your reward will be earned in there."

He stopped for a second before speaking up again.

"Do you know what a mordecai is"?

Kowareta

"Alright i'm in" Chiuki pauses, thinking of what an Mordecai is then shakes her head. "And no sir I do not know what a Mordecai is" she looks at the man "and may I ask your name?" Sh looks at the man and waits for his response.

Korvix

He considered giving he a fake name, but quickly decided against it.

"I call myself Nomax"

The part about not knowing of the mordecai was suprising, an outsider it seems. He couldn't help but feel sorry for what he was getting the girl in to.

"A mordecai is some someone who has the abillity to completely disable magic. To be honest I don't know much about them either".

he started walking, signalling for her to follow.

"If you hadn't realized, Connlaoth has a big anti-magic policy. I somehow got myself hunted by these mordecai, and i'm practically useless without magic. I fear only one of these will be able to easily beat me, which is why we need to handle the person on the top first".

he got a bit alarmed by how much he had said without even thinking about it, and stopped abruptly.

"I'll tell you more later. Assuming you'll help, of course.

Kowareta

"Of course I'll help, i've been needing the money anyway" Chiuki caught up to Normax and held out her hand. "And nice to meet you Normax" she smiles and bites her cheek, opening her mouth but quickly shutting it.

Korvix

Nomax quickly shook her hand, hoping she wouldn't notice the lack of flesh through the gloves.

"Well, first of all i need to know what exactly you are good at. Your clothes look a bit expensive for a thief."

Nomax tried to keep his sentences short, since talking through a mask wasn't very comfortable. Sooner or later she was going to curious, but he decided to deal with the problem when it arrived.

Kowareta

"You're right, I'm a hunter...of sorts" Chiuki mumbles the last part. She finds a rock and starts kicking it to keep her mind busy.

Korvix

It wasn't hard to realize that she didn't tell the whole truth, but Nomax didn't feel like pushing her further.

"Well first we need to know how exactly they work, the mordecai. I'm not very keen on taking chances. If you know any way to get the information, tell me now. Otherwise i could probably find a book somewhere."

Kowareta

"I normally just go to the target's friends and wait then to say something important or ask around" Chiuki stops kicking the stone and continue s walking. "Thought I doubt that people would wanna talk about the Mordecai and the friends would most likely be in a group"

Korvix

Nomax stopped and thought for a couple of seconds. I normally just go to the target's friends, she said. It seems I was right that she wasn't a hunter. Atleast not a hunter of animals./i]

"The ones that are hunting me have an office in the city. They probably have some documents about it there. You'll have to get them alone though, since I'll die without ma...!"

Nomax suddenly cut himself off. He can't tell her he is undead, but what other explanations could he chose?

Kowareta

Noticing his sudden stop Chiuki was curious about Normax, wondering on what he was going to say. "Without what?" She stops walking and looks at Normax with nervous and suspicious eyes.

Korvix

"I'm not a very good fighter without magic"

He got suddenly annoyed at the woman's curiosity, but kept himself from saying more about it.

"Look here" Nomax said while pulling out a map of the this city district. "Here are we" he said as he pointed at a part of the map. "Here is their office".

"You probably won't have to go that far in to find the information about them. Bring them to me so we find out if it's even safe for me to be near the place"

Nomax put away the map while remembering one last thing to say. "Feel free to get them any way you wan't, I don't mind if you steal it or even just ask them. Just try not to raise any suspicion"

Kowareta

Chiuki pulls her blue scarf up to her face and wraps it tighter around her, making sure the hood is secure and hiding her face.She then climbs up to the roof, running towards the direction of the office. "Be back soon!" she yells just before she got out of range.