Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Mordecai's death (OPEN)

Started by Korvix, January 11, 2017, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korvix

Nomax did not bother to answer, instead heading in the direction of a library. If the girl would fail, atleast he could try to find some information here. He sat down in a comfortable chair and grabbed a book about the Connlaothan millitary, quickly searching it for information about the mordecai.

Kowareta

When she arrived there she looks around for the targets. A few minutes of searching she found who she was looking. Leaping down on to a window ledge she listens into a conversation the man is having with someone she did not deem important.
"Good night, sir" Chiuki heard the person leave with the closing of the door. The candle went out and she soon heard the squeak of a bed. Deciding to wait about 10 minutes for the man to fall asleep she heard snoring from the room. "Finally" She thinks to herself and she grabs a lock pick and opened the window, taking care she did not make any noise or wake her target.
She grabbed a tranquilizer dart and slowly made her way across the room. She looked at the man and injected the sleeping drug into him, he didn't wake. Smiling she waited a few moments and grabbed the drugged out man and threw him out the window knowing that he would land in a pile of soft clothes. She jumped down silently and threw the man over her shoulder and started to make her way struggling with each step. "Why does it have to be someone heavy" she grumbles to herself "this is gonna take a while", looking around she saw a wagon and a horse. "Perfect"

Korvix

Nomax got his reading interrupted by the sound of the door locking, and then footsteps quickly coming closer and closer to him. He heard the the sound of a sword being drawn as soon as he stood up. The man certainly looked odd, wearing a golden mask in the shape of a sun and silk clothes with a white tabard. He held a short blade in his left hand.

"What do you want?" Nomax said to no avail, as the man started closing in on him without answering.

Nomax barely had time to draw his sword as the man suddenly released a flurry of attacks at an almomst inhumane speed. He was forced to keep walking backwards the parry the assassins attacks, and shouting for help wouldn't work since the library was empty. Nomax managed to get a hit on him which staggered the man, though the wound healed in less than a second. This was obviously not an ordinary man he was fighting. Nomax used his empty hand to magically freeze the candle, which was the only light source present. He was a bit experienced at fighting in the dark, but that didn't seem to matter as the enemies mask emitted a bright glow. The assassin exploited his weak spot and hit him with the top of the sword on his face, which luckily enough didnt manage to damage it very much, but it did knock him down.

Kowareta

Singing a song softly to herself while she lead the wagon to Nomax's location. She looks towards the sleeping man and heard him snoring lightly which gave her a content smirk. The horses turned the corner and was now on the street of her destination. There was a noise of racket coming from one of the rooms. Then the candle went out and a sound of fighting was heard. "Shit!" Chiuki flicked her wrists, the hidden blades being unsheathed as she silently and carefully entered the place.

Korvix

Nomax managed to put up a small barrier in front of him while lying on the ground, shielding him from the attacks for a short while. His blade laid on the ground some meters away, definetly out of his reach. Using the most of his remaining mana, Nomax telekinetically pulled the sword to his hand and tried an attack at the assassin's leg. The lucky hit got Nomax the time he needed to back away and stand up, though his foe's leg healed almost instantly.

Kowareta

Sprinting towards the library, Chiuki tries to open the door. Realizing she was locked Chiuki tried to break it open with her body weight. "Normax! You okay in there!" she yells through the door, pounding on it with her hands, her heart racing thinking of what could happen to her new friend.

Korvix

Nomax gained a new hope as he heard Chiuki outside the door. His chances would be much greater if he could surround the assassin, now he just needed to handle the lock. He focused left hand magically pulling the lock apart as he tried another blow against the other man. His blow was easily dodged, but Nomax was relieved by the sound of the lock cracking. Now he just needed to hold the man of for a couple more seconds.

Kowareta

Hearing the door unlock Chiuki slams the door open and quickly assess the situation. Seeing the assassin, Chiuki charges at him and knocks him down. Struggling with him for a few moment she was able to take control by putting her hidden blade against his neck. "You wanna spare him Nomax or should we kill him" she says with no emotion in her voice, staring down at the pinned man.

Korvix

Nomax gathered himself for a second, then walked up to the pinned assassin.

"Good job Chiuki"

Nomax observed him for a second then pulled of the struggling mans mask. The assassins face was not a pleasant sight, being completely mutilated with his tongue and most of his mouth cut away. The glow eminating from the mask suddenly dissapeard as it was pulled from his face. The man seemed to calm down.

"I don't think he can speak anymore. You can do what you want with him, though i'll take the mask".

Nomax thought for a moment before his next words.

"Tell me if you find something intresting on him"

Kowareta

Looking at the disfigured man, Chiuki felt bad for him. She had to remind herself that this poor person did attack her friend. "I'm sorry" she digs her hidden blade into his neck, hearing him gurgle on his blood.Once he was dead, Chiuki closed his eyes and wrapped up his body. "That guy you've sent me for is in the wagon outside" Chiuki starts to drag the body outside for disposal.

Korvix

"Really? You are a lot more talented than i expected."

Nomax walks up to her and hands her a small bag of coins. "Go get some sleep in the nearest tavern. I'll question the man and we meet up here"

Kowareta

Chiuki takes the bags of coins and nods a thanks before dragging the body towards the back.
Once Chiuki finds a good place to hide the body she leaves it there and goes to the vlsest tavern as instructed. Vhiuki ordered some dinner and headed up to their room, ploping down on the bed. *Today was crazy* Chiuki thinks to herself as she closes her eyes and goes to sleep.

Marakai Trin

There's more than just those two wandering the streets at night. Though, this man has nothing nefarious in mind.

Striding down the streets is a man, garbed in Mordecai's light armor, a breastplate of pale white and silver glimmering from torchlight. Chainmail jingles and clinks with every step, and the butt of a long glaive taps upon the ground every few steps.

This is Disgaua Carthalion, a Captain of Ansgar's Hand.  And he finds himself restless this night. What better to do than patrol the streets of Reijh at night?

Suddenly he stopped, listening. In the otherwise quiet night, whispered voices can carry far, and the sound of them reaches his ears.

One person leaves with hurried steps, and Diz stepped around the corner, to view a figure wrapped in black. A gauntleted hand tightened over the polearm he carried, and ice blue eyes regard the figure before him, staring at his back.

"Evening," he said, his tone hard, his eyes narrowed slightly.

Korvix

Nomax turned around quickly, suprised to see someone out this late. A guard it seemed, though this part of town was usually not patrolled. He nodded to the man, hoping not to draw to much attention to himself then turned and walked towards the wagon. He needed to find somewhere safe to interrogate the man Chiuki kidnapped.

Marakai Trin

Disgaua arched a brow, staring at this suspicious man. "I heard another here with you, just a moment ago, before I rounded the corner. Where have they gone?" He took a couple steps forward, his grip on his glaive tight.

"And what are you doing with a wagon outside of the Mordecai liason? There's no shipments in the middle of the night." His eyes narrowed, cold and hard.

"What are you up to?"

Korvix

Nomax stared back at the tall man, noting his aggresive stance.

"They were a friend," Nomax said without looking away. "I'm just passing by".

He once again started moving towards the wagon, this time keeping his eyes on the man.

Marakai Trin

The mans voice seemed...dry, somehow. Off, perhaps a little unnatural. Whatever it was, Diz wasn't comfortable hearing it.

"Well...I don't suppose you'd be against me checking your wagon, then? If you've wandered into the wrong area by accident, it's fine, but I need to make a search. Protocol, and all that."

It was a line of bullshit, honestly, but something about the whole situation just seemed very....wrong.

Korvix

It didn't look like he was going to get out of here without a fight, but it didn't hurt to try.

"I have permission to be here. Who do you take your orders from"?

Nomax knew that he didn't exactly sound very trustworthy. If the guard was particularly dimwitted he might make it, so he kept himself from drawing his sword.

Marakai Trin

"I take my orders from Major Hakon Kilandre's, of Ansgar's Hand. I am Captain Disgaua Carthalion, of the same." His eyes narrowed slightly, cold blue orbs reduced to naught but slits.

"Who would give a civilian permission to trod on Mordecai grounds?"

Kowareta

Chiuki woke up from a restless sleep, Nomax wasb't there yet. She had feeling that something was wrong she got out of bed and grabbed her black robes, pulling up her hood, and equipping her hidden blades, she went outside to look for her friend.

She turned to the street the wagon was on. Her eyes landed on Normax being questioned by Disgaua.She hides herself behind the corner and listens into the conversation.