Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Mordecai's death (OPEN)

Started by Korvix, January 11, 2017, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korvix

It didn't sound like the man was bluffing at all. Nomax did not know what "Ansgar's Hand" was but it did sound like it had something to do with the mordecai.

"Does Major Hakon have authority over all the guards in this part of town?"

Wycliff

In the depths of a nearby alleyway, the darkness writhes strangely. The shadow cast on the edge of the wall by the corner is darker, and if they looked closely, one would see the shape of a human, with no human to cast such. The figure sits stock still, listening to the exchange between Captain Disgaua, who he'd been tailing, and the newcomer. A woman behind the corner, standing right in front of him. He endeavors to keep quiet, but decency nags at the corner of his mind, and he sighs. The mage whispers softly from his concealment in the shadow. "Miss, it would be wise to stay out of this affair."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marakai Trin

"We're not guards, sir. We're military. We've got authority wherever we're present, especially within the capital." He was just out of range to affect this man with his aura, but he saw no need just yet.

Kowareta

Chiuki glares at the newcomer and motions for him to be quiet. She looks around and saw a place to climb. Jumping up to a box she climbed up the wall using the sticking out brick. Chiuki glances towards the other side, her glowing silver eyes examining the terrain, and silently makes her way to the roofs above to Normax and Disgaua.

Korvix

The man was a mordecai? This just got a whole lot worse than he anticipated. Nomax did not know how long range they had or if it had to be activated or if it would even affect him, but he's still alive, so thats a good start.

"Well excuse me sir, I really need to get going".

Nomax tried to sound as civilian as possible but he realized how suspicious he appeared.

Wycliff

The shadow watches as Chiuki scales the wall and disappears over the rooftops. I suppose she can handle herself then. Regardless, it looks like that man will need a diversion if he wants to avoid confrontation here.
The shadow rounds the corner of the building into the peripheral view of Disgaua. The dark shape bulges outward, and a young man with short silver hair forms out of the darkness, a short black robe billowing from behind him. "Sorry to interrupt your discourse, gentleman; I just have a few questions for the Captain."

Marakai Trin

Disgaua turned harshly toward this man that had just appeared out of seemingly nowhere. "Your questions will wait. I've business with this man, already, and you shouldn't be here, either. Unless you also have permission." That last word came out strained, almost aggressive. The Captain was suspicious of the lot of them...especially this last man, who somehow had moved without a single sound until appearing. As quiet as the city was, he would have heard something.

He suspected magic. Invisibly, his aura overtook the man with its radius. Any magic would be suppressed with substantial resistance - spells would fail without any sign they were cast to begin with.

"And you, sir, will hold. I still need to check your wagon."

((OOC: Should we impose a posting order? Thread is getting busy quickly))

Wycliff

The young man feels his shadow magic become distant. He bites his lip softly out of habit, gauging the distance between himself and Disgaua. I'll need to tread lightly here. Revealing too much this early in the game could prove fatal. Strangely, the young man's eyes continue to swim with black particles just as before, and the same particles begin to appear around him, as though it were lightly snowing black in his vicinity.
The young man takes a glance at the person he's attempting to help, and after taking their features, a glint of apprehension flickers across his eyes, as if trying to recall something.

Korvix

((OOC: yeah this is getting a bit chaotic, from now on the posting order goes:
Kowareta
Me
Marakai
Wycliff

Meaning it's her turn now.))

Kowareta

Chiuki prepares herself as she leans over the edge of the roof. She looked around to make sure nobody else was around. The hooded girl then leaped, landing on Disgaua, stunning him. "Come on we need to go" Chiuki gets off Disgaua's back "and forget the package, he'll slow us down"

Korvix

Everything just happened so fast, Nomax had a hard time processing it. He didn't know exactly who the other man who appeared was, but there was certainly something special about him. He looked one last time at the wagon, but decided to do what Chiuki said.

"Follow me!" He shouted as he ran into an alleway.

Marakai Trin

Disgaua let out an angry grunt, and swung the blunt end of his glaive at her back as the girl got off of him.

Just. Missed. He straightened, and his ice-blue eyes narrowed. He raised a hand to his chest, feeling something warm running down it, under his armor and padding.

Just a few days before, he'd fought a large demon during the attempt to rescue his beloved, and had taken a grievous injury. It wasn't nearly as bad now as it was then, but he felt as if part of the wound had torn open.

Despite this, he ran after the lot of them, feeling as if he were getting into more than he should be.

Wycliff

The young man turns around, extending his gloved hand. The black particles in the air coalesce into his own shadow, which sprouts three tendrils with hands, two that reach out to grab his arms, one to stop his polearm, and all paying his aura no heed whatsoever. He speaks calmly, with a hint of concern. "You seem injured. As capable as I'm sure you are with your weapon, do not pursue this battle, Captain Disgaua."

Kowareta

Chiuki ran behind Normax "where are we going?" She asks between pants of breath. Her silver eyes looked around each corner they made, making sure they were not going to get attacked.

Korvix

"We can't wait any longer, we need to infiltrate the place as soon as the area is clear"

Now that Nomax knew that being close to a mordecai would not kill him, he was atleast moderately safe from them.

"I think we can stop running now" Of course, Nomax did not get tired, but he had to atleast pretend to be alive. "Let's hide for a couple of minutes so we can ambush him if he is following us."

Kowareta

"Alright" The assassin stops to catch her breathe, pointing to a box of old clothing  "You can hide in there , he'd never suspect that, while I take to that alleyway inside that wagon of hay" she smiles "if he does come by we'll sandwich em"

Wycliff

[[OOC, was Marakai skipped, or did I not get his post?]]

Korvix

((OOC: He was skipped, Follow the post order!)))

Marakai Trin

((OOC: Raargh!))

Disgaua released his glaive, allowing it to fall to the ground with a clatter. He twisted in the grasp of these magicked appendages, forcing his arm up to one of the broadswords at his back.

This mage underestimated the strength of a man who normally wore over two hundred pounds of cavalry plate mail. He tore the sword free from its sheath, and severed the shadowy limb. His eyes were narrowed, his face utterly emotionless.

"You, mage, are hereby under arrest. Magic of all forms is forbidden within the borders of Connlaoth, and is a sin against Ansgar. Will you yield, or must you be restrained?"

Wycliff

The young man sighs. "Is kindness so lost upon you, Disgaua? If it must be, then fine; however, you have very poor choice in words." The shadow appendage that pursued Disgaua's glaive reaches around and flows into the Captain's shadow. The tendrils that Disgaua severed regrow, blocking his advance, while three more spring from his own shadow, attempting to wrap around his limbs to completely immobilize him. "I am well aware of the laws you uphold, Captain, I've hid from them for twenty four years."