Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Knightly Just of Kingship [King Tyrant]

Started by joylss, December 11, 2016, 06:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joylss

Not once did Court of King Viktor quell to glint in foreboding light, whereas the filial glow of the crown itself is projected firmly from the crown upon his head. A stalwart zealot among thousands of subjects, Nasrin is reverentially impressed by the caliber of his once and future king; while he is seated amid the ranks of staunch partisans and redoubtable knights of Seredipity, each who bears the emblem of the idyllic kingdom itself marks their presence upon their king's court. Inevitably, the death of a devotee of King Viktor is heralded in this ill-fated night, whereas prayers of Seredipitians amasses amid knightly hall to utter their last farewell to a brethen of war.

The king himself is a man of empyrean constitution, one Nasrin acknowledges by both heart and spirit. For in the incongruent disputes that ensues with the bureaucratic rule of regal state, less than but just a dozen knights and friends alike have fallen before his attentive watch, and not once does Nasrin witness the consent of immunity within the king's eyes as he recites the burial of his subjects. Sentiments shall not be deemed to become his underlying pitfall, yet Nasrin is not blind to his welfare. The King must undoubtedly consign himself to remain aloof, detached from the mortal sufferings of men, whereas the rest of court sits in blessed nescience that their king is not governed even by focal emotional detour.

As one who repudiates the subservient comportment, he does not hesitate to approach the sovereign ruler wielding the crown, once the battalion of people have been made to depart the hall. ❝ You seem thoroughly concerned, even if this time the death of Lord Lucian left a salient position in pivotal hollow. Would it be bold of me to inquire your reason for addressing my presence urgently through letter? For I do not believe that you have called me this far to attend the rites of an interment. ❞

KingTyrant

Before Nasrin had arrived to King Viktor's mighty castle in Arca, he was in the middle of discussing things with his other political advisors. Most of the talk had to do with Lucian's belongings, and more specifically, what would happen with them. It was hard not to speak of Lucian, as his death had crippled Viktor's political direction, and had done a rather good job of casting grey clouds over a once sunny Arca. Lucian was a wartime advisor, usually overseeing conflict across Le'raana involving Srendipity, but he couldn't have been a happier, kinder man.

His room remained untouched ever since his demise, Viktor allowing what family he did have to make decisions regarding where the stuff was going. Lucian was not a modest man when it came to his wealth. Many expensive Serenian artifacts and blades were on display all throughout his room. These were trinkets which could fetch a hefty amount of coin, but Viktor was not so heartless as to treat Lucian's death as a means of filling the royal treasury.

Viktor didn't know Lucian enough to call him a friend. Their relationship was merely a professional one, so he couldn't truly relate with the sobs and weeping that he heard throughout the castle, both from lords and ladies alike. Even the servants seemed saddened by Lucian's demise, showing how generous and kind of a man Lucian truly was. Even if Viktor did know him personally, he could not afford to mourn in the same fashion as his people did. He was a leader, and being a soldier for so long had gotten him used to death.

His advisors left just as Nasrin entered, the same man that Viktor had called for the day after Lucian's death. Even though his death was still in fresh memory, Viktor needed to think of a replacement, lest the kingdom be left defenseless. With the civil war raging in Connlaoth and news of a torched Ketra floating around, as well as the scare of a dragon uprising all across Adela, that was a chace Viktor couldn't take. Turning to Nasrin, a smile on his face, he walked towards the man. This was one that Viktor knew rather personally. It would potentially be the closest ally he had in the castle, if he chose to accept the offer he had laid out.

"Nasrin, of the House of Caileth! I thank you for coming on such short notice..." He began, standing before him in the middle of the massive, marbled throne room, which glistened as sunlight broke through the stained glass windows. He raised a brow at Nasrin's words, scoffing slightly. "Well, I should be worried... Lucian played a pivotal role in my rule. Without his expertise, we're practically naked." Deciding not to stall any longer, he got right down to his intentions for summoning him.

Giving a sigh, he nodded towards the door at the left of the throne. "Care to take a walk down the great hall? Let's discuss things, friend..." He turned, heading that way. A guard opened the door for them, Viktor's shoes clacking against the marble floor. A huge balcony rested to one side of the hall, overlooking a tall waterfall. "As much as I'd like to take more time to mourn, I'm afraid that just isn't something I can do. A position as important as his needs to be filled by someone capable. During the war, I never knew someone more reliable and trustworthy than Nasrin of the House of Caileth." He gave Nasrin a smirk, stopping in the hallway slightly to hear his response to the proposal.

He could understand if Nasrin refused. A position that important, that prestigious was not one that was easy to stomach. It required dedication. Patience. A calm mind. These were all qualities that Viktor was quite sure Nasrin had, but he wouldn't pressure an old friend that meant the world to him if he refused. He just hoped that he would consider the offer, as going without a crutial advisor made him lose precious sleep. It gave him more grey hairs than he could stand seeing.

joylss

Prolonged are the woeful years of neglected comradeship mustered between old friends, as whence bosom hands that fostered close-knitted bonds shared upon the hilt of blade is united in crepuscular ambience. Nasrin is not a dejected man to speak, nor would he linger on a foregone past that played a vital role in the sundering of his friendship with their now heralded king.

In fact, the company of king Viktor is closely missed in saccharine sentiment, even if Nasrin is scarcely deserving of such devout remembrance---

❝ A walk down the alley is all but redeemable almost effortlessly, nigh is our promise of friendship parallel with distances of moons and stars in nights yonder. ❞  the doctor employs a resigned smile before evocative words shall make their depart through gliding past the tongue, ❝ ..Viktor, are we not close friends to begin with, after all? ❞ 

Neither of them professes a mutual disclaim for the reason that they've yet talked since more than a twelvemonth Vaan makes his untimely departure, forever fracturing the bond of a third, friends which have made their acquaintanceship since the youth of boyhood, but mistake not that he, Nasrin, is an insouciant man blasély detached from the quietus of the deceased. For grieving in his own way does he, yet hidden away to the depths of tender heart forging recluse from both public eye and spirit!

Loosely has he disremembered times on which Viktor's feet walked next to his, foreseeing an invisible pair of a third that belonged to a man whose feet no longer walks the earth. Even if Viktor has made his regal acclaim, Nasrin is scarcely convinced that his friend's homespun demeanor has also been relinquished while it stood nigh well-fortified!

❝ I fear your Majesty's worries will only prove nil worth of value; for while you are my friend, my confidant, and my liege, it is ultimately your caliber that impresses me so-----for you are not a man who would render his sword pristine while tarnish those of your subject in mortal red; therefore, I shall rest assured that I would not endure the toils of an insufferable liege, yet, if it is only for you, Viktor, then there is naught in this world I would not do to offer my sword at your humble behest. ❞

(OOC: It's not even the 5th post of this thread and I'm having so much feels already, haha.)

KingTyrant

A smile graced Viktor's usually serious face as Nasrin went on about their friendship. The aging king had stopped counting the years... It depressed him; it reminded him of how little time he had left in this world. Still, he at least knew how long it had been since his eyes laid upon the doctor's, which was a crime in and of itself. Nasrin had been somewhat of a guardian angel of his on the battlefield, moreso than an old war buddy. He had been there in times of strife, always ready to sacrifice himself to save his closest allies. Not only that, but he had an intelligence that could certainly rival that of Viktor's.

That feeling of glee slowly disappeared as Vaan's face appeared in the back of his mind. A trainee in the Serenian army, alongside him, snuffed far too soon. A trainee, then a soldier, then a decorated knight. However, just as his friend was crowned, he was gone. Another fallen soldier, taken by the troll hordes which many gave their lives to hold off. Vaan was just as much a brother to him as Nasrin was, but ever since the man's untimely passing, he had done his best to forget him. Not because he had a grudge against him in any way, but because it simply hurt to remember what he had lost in combat.

Giving a soft sigh as Nasrin accepted his offer, he smiled once more before placing a hand on his shoulder. "Well... I feel a lot safer, knowing you're in my service." He said with a resigned tone in his voice, making it quite obvious that something serious was on his mind. Turning fully to him, his brows furrowed slightly. "Nasrin, keep in mind that I may be of royalty, but you knew me far before that. I'd like to believe that our friendship outweighs any title, correct? There's no need to be so formal."

He chuckled, knowing full and well that Nasrin naturally spoke in this manner. He never minded teasing any of his friends before his general days, which required him to be quite professional. He moved away from him, stepping onto the long balcony which overlooked the beauty of the Serenian landscape. The waterfall fell into a series of fast-moving rapids, jagged rocks on each side of the stream of water. The rocks grew bright green moss on their rough surface, beyond the rocks laying a vast expanse of rolling hills and patches of woodland. To his side, one of the female servants of the castle was sweeping.

Viktor looked towards her, clapping his hands to get her attention. "Miss!" His voice immediately triggered her to jump in place, dropping her broom and racing over to kneel in respect before him. Viktor sighed and rolled his eyes in annoyance at the overwhelming formality, pressing a finger under her chin and raising it gently. "May I and our guest get some refreshments? Do that for me, and you can take the rest of the day off." He gave her a charming smile, and a wink. Glancing at Nasrin, he asked his question. "You still drink wine? Or anything, for that matter? Come, Nasrin... Don't tell me you've gotten that soft!"