Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Drawn By An Unnamable Force (AKA Aven) [Aevum]

Started by TheHopeseeker, February 27, 2017, 04:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wycliff

Beatrice tossed her head in anger. That...that...that bitch! How dare she try to loan her out like some community bath, Beatrice would make her pay for this! However, Aven's appearance interrupted her thoughts, and ushered out a whinny of relief.
Aven briefly raised an eyebrow as he made eye contact with Ignis, before breaking into a light round of laughter. "If it isn't Ignis, how are you?" He extends a gauntleted hand in greeting. "I haven't seen you in quite some time."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

(He will :P)

Hakon froze up warily with Aven's appearance but continued to tack Purgatorio patiently. Her hackles raised instinctively, protectively- how did they know each other? How would this end? All of a sudden her mind felt to be a nest of snakes attempting to escape- why did this always happen?

Nonetheless, she focused her efforts upon seizing the large saddle, tossing it over the huge Theocog's back and strapping it in place uner the enormous barrel chest.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis shook his head, a bemused smirk breaking across his lips as he clasped the mage's forearm, the Warrior's greeting. "Oh I'm brilliant, aside from the obvious problems." He grinned, tilting his head to the side amusedly as he ran his gaze over the man's armour. "Quote the getup you have here."

Wycliff

Aven grins, returning the gesture. "Well, I'd wear something less flashy, but that wouldn't be as entertaining, now would it?" He turns his head briefly to Beatrice, ending the greeting. "So, you're being fitted for a temporary mount, huh? I'd recommend you steer clear of this particular Destrier, she only allows me to ride her. Anyone else, she'll try to throw and trample." He chuckles. "There is a similar breed down the way, however, if memory serves."
Aven gives Hakon a look saying, 'It's fine, don't worry.'

AevumEternity

Hakon simply shrugs to Aven subtly, watching the pair warily - if they seemed on such terms, she had no doubt Aven had already played his game with Ignis. But the question was if he had won out? Turning back to Purgatorio, she chides lightly," Just choose one and get on with it, we only have so much light during the day."

TheHopeseeker

Ignis raised an eyebrow at that, looking back at the mare who was, he realised, giving him what he could only describe as 'the evil eye'. Smothering a chuckle, he shook his head and nodded towards the speckled blue roan in the stall next door, "Fine. I'll take that one then. Assuming she doesn't hate me as well." He smirked.

Wycliff

Aven lets out another round of laughter. "Don't worry, Beatrice hates everyone but me, it's not you specifically." Aven turns to whisper a few things to Beatrice, who listens intently as always.

AevumEternity

As they spoke, the Major swung up onto the massive warhorse, tapping her leg," Quickly now, tack up your choice steed, lets get this moving."

TheHopeseeker

Ignis nodded, moving to grab the tack hung near the roan's stall and unlatching the gate. The Theocog immediately moved forwards, intelligent eyes inspecting him as she sniffed him over, giving a soft snort, as though in approval, before turning sideways, presenting her back to be saddled. Grinning to himself, Ignis hefted the heavy equipment up and into place, moving with an ease born of practice to gear up the mare.

Wycliff

Aven glanced from Ignis to Hakon, and back again. "Hold on... are you two going to fight?" A low snicker escapes from his lips, turning to Ignis. "Looks like you drew the short straw, better luck next time, Ignis." The snicker evolves into another round of laughter, as he imagines Hakon knocking Ignis around like a ragdoll, just as she had him every day for the past while. It gave him an odd satisfaction to brag about his Hakon's strength, a feeling that he noted for later.

AevumEternity

" I suppose we could," she muses faintly as Purgatorio began to prance, bounce and toss his head haughtily- clearly saying Beatrice, Beatrice, hey Beatrice, look how hot I am! as Hakon struggled to control him. Tilting her head faintly to one side, she gazes at Ignis," Would you like to spar on horse back?"

She glances quickly at Aven, offering a small smile- it felt good to be praised- truth be told. Especially someone so dear to her

TheHopeseeker

Ignis shrugged, slipping the bridle over the mare's head and fastening it quickly. Leading her out of the stall, he swung himself up into the saddle with a soft grunt, settling into the saddle with a sense of familiarity. "If you want to." He replied, giving no indication of his own feelings on the matter.

Wycliff

Aven hurries over to a safe distance from the middle of the training field, finding the perfect angle to watch the slaughter- ahem, match. He calls out to them as he goes. "Good luck you two, and may the best woman win!" He chuckles at his own little joke.

AevumEternity

Rolling her eyes slightly at Aven's jest, she carefully guided Purgatorio out of the stables with her knees, idly passing a weapons rack filled with an assortment of wooden training weaponry. Easily she hefted up a saber and shield, obviously expecting Ignis to do the same as the Major and the warhorse plodded out

TheHopeseeker

Ignis followed suit, the mare moving easily underneath him. Smiling slightly to himself, he chose a shield and a broadsword, testing their weight in his hands and nodding, satisfied. He guided the roan out to the training field, then, eyes narrowed in focus as he waited for Hakon to find her own spot.

Wycliff

Aven sat down on a bench. He then reached into his gauntlet, pulling out a few pieces of jerky, gnawing on the dried meat as he watched the two get into position.

AevumEternity

Pugatorio slowly spun around, the theocog's bright blue eyes locking upon Ignis and his mare- his flank shivering once with excitement as she briefly showed his flat teeth and tossed his head. Had to show off for the ladies after all~

The yard became relatively silent, the Major locking eyes on Ignis- motioning ever so slightly for him to come forth- begin this.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis smiled, the expression grim and almost predatory, before closing his legs about the mare's ribs. She leapt forwards at once, charging the bigger, stronger Theocog without fear. Ignis raised his sword as though to strike, aiming it for a blow against her rib area, but at the last minute dropped the sword and swing the shield into place to block any attacks instead.

Wycliff

Aven observes intently, studying Ignis' form. A fake out, right off the bat? Trying to attack Hakon's balance, then, clever.
Beatrice also sticks her head out of her stall, anxious to see Hakon be thrown on her ass. Maybe even trampled. Trampled would be nice.

AevumEternity

Alas, if Ignis was trying to throw her off balance, he would be sorely, sorely mistaken. Her shield came up to block the blow, realizing it was a feint as he pulls away- musing ever so slightly. With the faintest squeeze of her knees, Purgatorio suddenly shirled around, smacking his broad barrel cheat into the small mare's to knock her off balance as Hakon brough her shield forward to slam it directly into Ignis' attempting to simply knock him off in one fell swoop.