Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Proposal [M]

Started by visualspice, April 23, 2023, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Except a powerfully strong unforgiving hand grabbed onto her wrist, near crushing. He yanked her back in front of him, uncaring if he did her any harm.

"You're a gods damn whore," he roared in her face, yanking her again so they were face to face so she'd see his red, glassy eyed and he.. her tears.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina winced, glaring into his drunken gaze before she turned her face away.

"And?" She roared back, tugging at her wrist, thought it was like trying to move her hand from out of a wall. "What exactly are you looking to achieve by yelling at me like you're an angry child, Zannrick." Medina gave her hand another useless tug, "Intimitation?"

"Let me go! I've done nothing to you, so let me leave! Have your drunken temper tantrum here and I'll go somewhere else!" Another tug to get away from him before she glared at him, their inch difference in height making it easy to level her gaze on his own.

visualspice

"Let you go?!" He growled into her face. His anger seemed to prickle more at her profession of innocence. "You," he continued, words hot as lava. "Are not an innocent here! You seduced the Grand Duke, bewitching him and it is my sole duty to protect him from witches like you."

He threw her to the ground, branding his sword, as he put a boot at her throat and a blade to her face. 

"You should never have come here." His growl bubbled from deep within his throat, blue eyes feral.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

It was no use.

Medina's head hit the ground and she gave a soft exhale of pain, squeezing her eyes shut but they popped open when there was pressure and a sword filled her vision. Zannrick was a mordecai and that meant she had no powers to call upon. Nothing to keep her from being beheaded if he saw fit.

"I didn't want to," she whispered, voice strained, "I don't want any of this, but you never believe me." It was then, under the edge of a sword and on the ground, she didn't cry because of her situation, but the tears began to flow for her lost sense of self. Her lost dream of a future. Her lost life.

"I just wanted to be loved and be happy, and he doesn't love me and no one wants me, I have no purpose, my sister is probably dead, my own son has no need of me," Medina moved her head, eyes red making the bright gold near glow. "So do it," she gave a little wet hiccup, and her eyebrows furrowed into a frown from her place on the ground, "Just end it, Zannrick. Stain the gardens red with my blood and then dump my body in a canal. No one will care and you know it."

visualspice

That's when he slammed the sword into the ground clean beside her head, roaring defiantly into her face.

"You are not the victim here!" He bellowed. "Steel your tongue and cow your words! They are worthless to me. You are worthless to me and I would let you rot in the bottom of a river if I could!"

He shook, his rage consuming him, his impotence near breaking. 

Draconian

Medina winced when the sword was slammed down, eyes squeezed tight but when she didn't feel herself die she opened them back up. His words rushed into her ears like waves and she looked up at Zannrick from her place on the ground.

"I don't want to be here, damn you!" She yelled at him, "I was taken from my home. my child ripped from me to be raised by nurses and nannies. You're too much of a coward to kill me, is what this is." She hissed, lifting herself up and looking up at him, sneering before she pulled herself to her full height, "I've never sought you out except to befriend you and you've slapped it away again and again, I've never been unkind to you and you've always met it with viciousness and venom. You're sense of self is so fucking fragile just taking a moment to be more than a dog that barks when your master says to shatters you to dust." Medina lifted her chin, expression grim.

"I have nothing left to lose, Zannrick, your screaming is accomplishing little. Maybe you should go to bed and sleep off your booze like a good little puppy."

visualspice

He picked up his sword, eyes never leaving hers.
He was used to such dogged words. A dog... A hound to the Grand Duke. It was his purpose.. his life's goals. It did not feel like an attack. Until it was.

And then he back handed her.

"And this dog bites," he growled, sheathing his blade as he turned away and stormed down the manicured walk. 

He was absolutely fuming, fueled by booze and such hate it was near blinding. But just as he'd nearly made his way from the gardens, a movement of black caught his eye- a flash of metal.

He was on the moving shadow before he even thought the actions, decades of training to protect, to selflessly guard the order and honors of this Ansgarian society. And then as he chased down the assailant, he soon realized who their blades were meant. 

Draconian

Medina took the backhand with as much grace as someone could. Her head whipped to the side and her curtain of long dark hair followed. Still she remained, pondering a sharp moment of wishing that her nails were daggers and she could reach up under his ribcage and pull out his heart. 

Still, when she wiped the blood from her mouth and tongued the inside of her cheek where her teeth and ripped flesh she sighed and spat blood on the ground. Mouth wounds healed quickly and if she didn't irritate it, it would be gone in a week. Medina wiped at her eyes before she sighed and rubbed at her neck, sore from being held down.

What a terrible day. What a terrible place.

Medina looked up at the sky for a few moments, pondering on the difficulty of running away. The sound of footsteps caught her attention and she bit back a snarl, he'd just left!

"What do you want now?" She barked, teeth stained red before she turned around to face a being that wasn't Zannrick. "You've come to chastise me, too?" she snapped at the person that she could only assume was a servant, though they were headed to her very quickly.

visualspice

Blade struck out towards her throat in one single action, which would have hit the targt- but then something strange occurred and the attacker barely missed Medina and threw the dagger across the way- and straight into the back of a maid, who fell onto a heap within the gardens - a baby crying in her arms.

The man continued towards the fallen form- and Zannrick all but blasted after the assassin, blade at the ready , legs pumping lead to get to the man first... lest he get to and kill the Grand Duke's child.

Hope wailed loudly from where the baby lay beneath the maid's crumpled form. And just as the man readied a second blade for the kill, Zannrick's sword burst through his middle.  Both men froze on impact before Zannrick kicked the dead body off of his blade.

He was breathing hard and heavy, sweat slicking his skin. Then he moved towards where the child lay crying, pushing the fallen woman off the child before scooping up Hope into his arms 

Draconian

Everything happened faster than Medina could process it. One second she was angry at Zannrick and the taste of blood in her mouth and the next she could only watch as everything ... Happened. Medina wasn't a fighter. She'd never taken combat lessons. She was a healer and she was ashamed to say that she was so frightened she was frozen in place, eyes wide and mouth open - until she heard the shrill cry of her baby.

Zannrick blasted past her and her hands were barely in her skirts to lift them up so she could run before the guard was at the assassin. Medina had a singular focus though and she caught up in time for Zannrick to be kicking the body off his blade. Her hands trembled and she had tears in her eyes, they clutched at her skirts and it was quick and impulsive when she rushed forward to Hope in Zannricks arms.

She didn't grab Hope away, instead taking a moment to inspect the boy and look for any cuts or bruises. Any of his own blood. Of course she was distraught over the death of the maid but... "Oh, thank you," she whimpered out, pressing a hand to Zannricks neck giving his shoulder a squeeze, pressing her forehead to the side of his head for a moment before she slipped her arms around his and her son. "You must be so frightened," she said in a hushed tone, pressing her cheek to Hope's head and holding him tight, her eyes scanning all directions.

"Can you lead us inside? Please?" She whispered, her displease and distaste of Zannrick momentarily gone. Instead, she was grateful for the man, even if he was infuriating.

visualspice

It all happened in a blur. His actions were reflexive, beat and trained into him since he was at the age he could be trained. He felt.. heavy, after all was said and done- numb to everything. But even as the child cried, it could not bring him back to this reality. No..
something inside him continued to break.

And he- the hound- continued to obey.

He moved to usher Medina inside, Hope in her arms. He moved with a purpose, guiding them protectively through the halls as the poor child wailed in her arms.

Draconian

Medina didn't know where they were going, the hallway of the building looked like so much of the same. Instinct or impulse had her grab for a door handle and rip it open before going in, shushing Hope as his cries continued, her lips against his temple. Quickly she went to the windows to close the curtains and then moved to a corner where she could see the door, her side to it and the wall to the other side.

Zannrick wasn't totally forgotten, she was hyper aware of her surroundings, but Hope was her focus. The toddler continued to cry, unhurt but sending the stress and anxiety coming from his mother. "You're okay, Mommy's here," she whispered to her baby, starting to hum the lullaby in an attempt to sooth. Still, she looked him over again, fingers running over his clothing and checking for blood that was his. Quickly, she removed his coat and flung it across the room, covered in the killed maids blood.

"Zannrick," Medina said breathlessly, turning to her most disliked hero, "are you okay,too?" Hope had started to calm down now that Medina was stationary and calming down herself, his big pale eyes looking at her while he snuggled in agaisnt her. 

visualspice

Many thoughts went through his head as he stared off, eyes distant. One moment he wanted to kill this woman, so drunk and high on hate. And now? Now he'd kneejerked on reflex- saving both woman And child. 
In hind sight, would it be better if both were.. erased? His life surely would be easier yet...

The lingering hatred had Long since been snuffed out. Now all that remained were impulse, the tense muscles, racing heart.. and the fading scent of the mother and her child. 

He didn't look at her when she spoke, icy blue eyes remained focused on the door. He hadn't answered. He was fine.  He was always fine.

Soon servants and guards came scrambling in. Medina was soon rushed and fussed over and Zannrick gave his report. Unfortunately, the new commotion has Hope wailing again.