Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Quieting Piano [M]

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2017, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He looked away.
"It's not that easy."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina looked away, her hands moved to her head and she pressed her palms to her eyes.

"I know. Twelve different forks is a lot for a woman like me to understand," she said softly, looking away, "Help me then. What do I need to do?"

visualspice

Lightning lit up the room.
"If I married you."
Thunder purred.
"I'd have to defy the church."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina sighed, head down. Her hands in fists that she pressed to her face before she sighed heavily.

"Then... There are your options. You give us to them or you don't," A shake of her head and she walked to the window, a deep breath and she poked her head out of the window, leaning out to look at the ground. "Or... You give me to them and you keep Hope," A look over her shoulder and then back at the window, "Or... Or Hope and I go to Serendipity. Or Adela." Medina pressed a hand to her chest, goosebumps raising on her flesh from the chill of the wind.

visualspice

It was then he put his large hands upon his shoulders and gripped her tightly, daring to look her right in the eyes.
"I wouldn't give you or our son to the church that way. Their desires for him stemmed from his birth, which even I can't deny seems odd and coincidental. But they see it as a sign," his eyes were intense. "A sign directed by me, under me and they make it all about some praise for my ruling that-"
He was having a hard time over the words and he hated faltering.
"If I chose to marry you. It would break tradition, but would end the frenzy and keep both you and Hope safe. But it could also be the very decision that makes my reign fall. Me, a man, a duke, The Grand duke, marrying a woman of common blooda nd not even a full blooded Connlaothian while I host a war against the magical abusers who still continue to make a dent in my men. You.. what woudl you think? To have a man with such power simple choose a wife without the same blood standing?"

Draconian

A hesitant little breath and she shivered at his touch, hands falling to her sides. "It was an accident," She started to say, tears in her eyes, "I didn't... I didn't think I'd have him there," Medina looked up at Calent, lost, a little crushed. "I'm sorry. I was content to live hidden away with him, he would have been raised with love and..." Medina's head fell forward before she looked up at Calent, golden eyes swimming.

"I want what's best for Hope," She said honestly, "I can learn. I'm smart. Maybe... Maybe the people will think it's a whirlwind romance. I've lived here my whole life. My father was from Connlaoth. You've had your political marriage maybe..." Medina looked her lips and pushed the tears away, she wasn't listening, not quite. Begging the very man who wants her dead in a camp to keep their son safe. "Maybe they'll think you're being accepting. See it as... An olive branch to the common people. "

visualspice

A hand moved to her face, a thumb wiping her tears.
"Do you see the dilemma I face now? Do you see the roads I have to choose? It doesn't matter what I want, it never has. This position... as the Grand Duke I am owned by the people and if I were to choose you they'd either accept it or continue this war with me."
But his hands were on her face now as he looked at her, eyes raging.
"But I think I only have one answer I can give." And the world was already at war with him as he smashed his lips passionately into hers.

Draconian

Medina listened to him, a little out of her head with dread. Being the Grand Duke sounded awful. Still, she looked at him, eyes cast down after a few moments before she took a little breath and let it out in a wet sigh. "I just ---" Medina was taken off guard by the kiss, eyes snapping open before she moved her hands to his wrists and pressed herself into the kiss, flushed. "Please," She panted against his lips, "I can learn. I want to keep him safe."

visualspice

"It won't be easy," he told her, closing his eyes then cupping her cheek as he examined her wounds."The world will question it." And part of him wondered... "But the church may not. They see Hope as a connection through you, through me and through God."

Draconian

Medina gave a breathless laugh.

"I've had a child," she breathed, shaking her head, "I don't think anything will be as difficult as that," a helpless little smile and she closed her eyes, feeling his hand on his cheek. It felt nice. In an odd way. "The world won't keep my son safe," she turned her head, looking out the window, the cut cheek facing Calent, "That's all I want. I guess," She looked down at herself, smoothing her hand over her belly - hardly there but... She knew... "I guess this one, too," She added helplessly, giving him a sad smile. "I'll even not talk over you, that's a big thing for me," she said in a hushed voice.

visualspice

"You'll be in a position worse than you are now," he told her softly, staring at where her hands smoothed across her belly.

Draconian

Medina ducked her head down, the weight of her braid making the rest of it slip over her shoulder. "I'll do anything to keep our child safe." Her hands clenched in front of her and she sighed, eyes closed, "I can learn. I..  It wouldnt be that bad."

visualspice

"The world would know of your common origins," he stated. "And it would expected of you to adapt to your position."

Draconian

Medina smirked, lifting her head. "I can be endearing," she said. She didnt add the 'sort of' that floated through her head, "I'm smart. I'm well read," a sigh, "I just have an issue with the soup forks. I dont care how many books i have to read about fine dining. If this is the only way I can protect Hope I'll do it." It would be awful, stuck here but... Hope was more important.

visualspice

Calent's eye were dancing with amusement, but then he realized something and the amusement dimmed. He looked towards the window, silently watching the falling rain and listening to the crashes of thunder that were beginning to sound more distant.

Draconian

Medina looked to his face, staring at his eyes before she looked to the storm. "I... I have no intention of trying to replace her. This... This is just a business deal, right? The... The people see you marrying the mother of Hope as a... a sign of some sort and you can adopt him and keep him safe." She sighed and turned from him, standing at the window to look out at it. A tremble ran through her and she squeezed her eyes shut.

"I expect nothing more than that," not that she'd turn it away either. Some things were better left unspoken.

visualspice

"A grand duchess, and a wife, have duties to uphold," he pointed out. They couldn't be denied.

Draconian

Medina tilted her head, looking over her shoulder at him. "Like what? I imagine one of those would require study," she smiled slightly. That was something she could do. Study. Books were eady, "what kind of duties?"

visualspice

"As a companion, a mother. I have no heirs. Though Hope could be considered one, the country would desire a male to be birthed... officially."

Draconian

A small smile and she reached out, hand hovering over his arm before she thought better of it and let it fall to her side. "I... Could live with that. I liked scaring Zannrick because you were sleeping. I'd like that to happen again," a little hesitant smile and she played with her hands, feeling a little awkward.