Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It is Tradition[m]

Started by Draconian, April 03, 2017, 08:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Red fell asleep a while after Minala did.

The dreams were odd and he was aware of where he was and just who was in his arms the whole time. The sleep wasn't restful and every move and hitched breath and just... Everything had his eyes opening. When she turned around in the middle of the night, Red's eyes snapped open and he thought that she... He waited. His breath in his chest, mouth closed, eyes open.

No. Just sleeping.

Now it was even harder.

Still, he begged for dawn and didn't move. Just curled his arms around the girl and tried to get comfortable. Eventually, he slept a little but... Soon enough she was moving and yawning and... Red's heart skipped a beat. Was she awake? Her pulse felt different. breathing was a little different. "Minala?" He whispered, daring to stroke his hand down her hair to rest at the small of her back, "Did you sleep well?" His voice was husky from disuse and being tired but... It was important.

DragonSong

"Mmm..." She smiled and nuzzled into his collar. "Mhm. You?" Minala tilted her head back slightly to see his face, letting her hand come to rest at his hip while the other moved to trace looping circles across his spine.

Then, because she was too tired to have a filter between thought and deed and because it was something she'd always been curious about, she leaned in to kiss the gem that rested in his collar. She'd pressed her fingers to her own plenty of times, but she'd always wanted to know what the touch of another felt like.

Almost lazily, she gave the pseudo-stone a broad swipe with her tongue.

Draconian

Why was she so touchy?

Red was almost as red as his scales. Already he was having a hard time breathing with her hand on his hip and then she went to touch his back and... The kiss was ignorable. Easy enough to push it to the back of his head. "Was that your tongue?" He asked suddenly leaning back to look at her, heart picking up a beat. He shifted his hips away slightly, knowing he had a duty here and...

Too nervous.

Red knew he wasn't good enough but... He blinked at Minala and reached up to cover the gemlike cluster of scales at his collar bone. "Does it taste weird or something?"

DragonSong

"Mmm-mm." Minala shook her head as she blinked up at him. "Not really. Like...scales. But smoother on the tongue."

Another curious little lick before she subsided. Eyebrows raised, she wriggled up hips body a bit until her head was very slightly higher than his. "Did you wanna try?" she offered with a smile. It seemed only fair.

Draconian

Red swallowed thickly and quickly rolled away, sitting up.

"I can't do this," He panted, sitting with his knees up. Hands pressed to his face, "It's not you," He quickly said, "It's... It's an honor to be Chosen by you." Red closed his eyes and tucked his head between his knees, arms folded over his head, breath quick little pants "But... You have nothing to gain from me, I'm... I'm..." He breathed and took a deep breath, "Even if I did... Father your child..." He shook his head, "Maybe you should... Just go onto your second."

DragonSong

Oh.

Oh no.

Oh dear...

Minala sat up quickly and reached for him, then hesitated, biting st her lower lip. "I- Red..." She ducked her eyes, not sure what to do.

"Why?" she whispered after a moment. "What makes you so sure you wouldn't be a good father for my little ones?" She hugged herself gently, one hand tugging at a lock of multicolored hair.

Draconian

A deep sigh and he turned to look at her, shifting and moving to look at her.

"Even if that did happen," He spread out his arms, giving his head a shake, "I..." A sigh and he let his hands fall to his sides, "I ... I already told you I was honored, Minala." Why did he feel so bad for making her feel bad? This was a foolish choice of hers! He'd... Only gone to the Choosing because he didn't... Want to look like he didn't want to go. Never in a million years did he think that... Red licked his lips and ducked his head down, eyes falling closed.

"I wouldn't be a terrible father. They'd just..." Red winced, "They'd just be... Really small."

DragonSong

Was that what was bothering him?

The Opal tilted her head and leaned into him cautiously, seeing how close she could get without making him freeze up. "Red...I don't care about that."

She ducked her head to try to meet his gaze, the tip of her tail flicking idly back and forth. "If...if you just don't want to mate with me, that's fine. But I- I don't care if our children would be small, or all Rubies, or- or whatever."

She sighed and looked at her knees, clicking her toes absently. "I wanted you, Red. I just felt...drawn to you. It felt important..."

Draconian

There was no more freezing on his part.

Just slight disbelief.

Blue eyes turned to her and his ears drooped, his shoulders relaxed and he pressed his palm to his forehead before sighing. "I'm sorry," He hesitantly reached over to her shoulder to give it a squeeze, watching his hand as it trailed over her collar bone to thumb over the little gem-like bit nestled at the base of her throat.

It really was lovely. Unique. Like so many of them weren't. "When... Um..." He let his hand fall away, "When did you want to...?"

DragonSong

It was Minala's turn to tense, just a little, as his touch trailed over her skin. She blinked at him, a small shiver running through her.

No one had ever touched her so freely before. Even when she was the one to initiate contact, it was always brief and formal, polite.

She smiled, then blushed heavily. "Oh. W-well, I..." She winced at the stammer and ducked her eyes. "I mean...I suppose... Whenever you'd like?" She shrugged a little helplessly, totally at sea.

Draconian

Oh great.

Red swallowed carefully and looked away after a moment, not sure what to do.

Was she afraid too? Not afraid. There was no fear here. Just... Nerves.

"You're..." He looked at her before flicking his eyes away, "You're the one that..." He looked to her abdomen, "I'm at your service?"

DragonSong

"W-well... I mean, yes but..." She swallowed again, cheeks very red around her scales. "I don't...know how to-"

She cut herself off, ducking her eyes again. Her ears pressed down and she glanced up at him through her lashes. "Um..." With a sharp breath, she leaned in and pressed a rather hurried kiss to his cheek, then froze, lips still hovering just over his skin.

Her hands clenched into fists, then relaxed, then clenched again as she tried to figure out what to do with them.

Draconian

Red froze when she kissed him.

He turned to her, confusion in his eyes. His breath was soft and their lips were almost brushing they were so close to one another. "Don't know how to what?" He lifted a hand to cup her cheek, his thumb brushing over the shiny scales on her cheek. Red sighed and closed his eyes for a moment before pressing a gentle kiss to Minala's lips before he pulled away and smiled at her slightly, "There."

Deep breaths, "I am at your service, in all things," Red said, voice husky, "You don't need to be scared. You just need to talk to me."

DragonSong

Warmth seemed to spread through her from the contact and she blinked, a soft intake of breath caught in her throat. "Red..."

Slowly, she leaned into him again, letting her lips brush against his once, softly, then again.

She quite liked that.

Shifting around slightly so she was settled more comfortably beside him, Minala reached up to lay her palm against his cheek, her other hand coming to settle on his shoulder, and she kissed him again, letting the touch linger this time as she parted her lips slightly with a soft sigh.

A pleased hum rose up in her throat, quickly changing to a more solid purr as she tilted her head slightly into the contact, her ears flickering slightly and warmth spreading over her skin.

Draconian

Red sighed after he pulled away and cleared his throat.

What now?

He'd never been Chosen but...  "Yes?" She'd said his name. Surely that meant there was a question or something. His hand rested on her leg and he looked down to it while his finger trailed along the scales on the outside of her thigh, marveling at how shiny they were. "You're beautiful" He said softly, looking up at her and giving a soft smile, "But you know that." A look at his own hands, the red, plain. "Um... We should... Get food," He looked to the entrance, flushed.

Dawn had been a while ago and no doubt First Meal had been served. Maybe the could find left overs. Or perhaps a meal was set aside for them - which was more likely, he recalled, considering what they were supposed to be doing.

DragonSong

Minala blinked, then smiled with a soft flush, ducking her eyes. "Thank you..."

She cleared her throat and nodded slightly at the suggestion of food. "Elder said she'd leave food for us," she said, getting to her feet. She held her hand out to him with a small smile. "Come on. We can...talk more, if you'd like?"

Draconian

A hesitant look at her hand.

Red glanced away before swallowing, letting a heavy breath out like it weighed him down. This would be fine. Everything would be fine. Following Minala's lead he stood up, shoulders hunched slightly, his hair fell into his face and he cast his blue eyes at her. A gentle squeeze of her hand and another deep breath.

"Alright. I'd... Like to talk more, yeah," A flush. He really doubted ... That... Would happen. Not that he didn't want to, but the crushing ego. He wasn't good enough. Would never be good enough for such a unique Opal. It lingered. So, Red decided... The least he could do would be a friend.

DragonSong

She squeezed his hand back softly and gave him another soft smile, hoping it might ease a bit of the tension from his shoulders.

"Well...tell me about yourself," she urged quietly as she moved toward the door of the hut and slipped out, keeping her fingers intertwined with his so she tugged him along.

Draconian

Red was tense as ever but... At least he was a little bit more at ease with her. Not completely. Still nervous about what he had to do. Still nervous he let Minala tug him along, though he found himself holding his breath more often than not.

"I... Am a guard," he said simply, looking at her, his eyes on her hair, enjoying the colour of it and the streaks of Not-White. "I was... An out of season baby. Which is why I'm small."

DragonSong

Minala tilted her head slightly as she listened to him, glancing back at his eyes every chance she got. "We're...close in age, aren't we?" she asked, tilting her head the other way. She couldn't remember his exact age, but she thought he might be closer to her than most of the other males.

She guided him through the little village toward their Fire, where she'd promised to meet the Elder for meals that would have been set aside for her and whichever male she chose. The scent of food caught her attention and she hummed in anticipation, giving Red's hand a little squeeze.

"What's your favorite thing to eat?"

Tags: