Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So that just happened. [Zero!]

Started by Rhindeer, April 21, 2017, 04:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Today was a day of Bad Decisions.

The sort of day where Jirou had gone out to have a good time, lose himself in some wine and song for a while, and just live a goddess-damned normal life for five minutes--and then things had sort of escalated. Because that whole "losing himself and forgetting" thing? It had worked. In a fit of just not caring with a LOT of wine thrown in, he'd found himself writing his name on a scrap of paper and sticking it in a jar faster than he could think, "Maybe I really shouldn't." Because why not?

What was the worst that could happen? He'd never had a chance to participate before. There was always some assignment, because what better time to handle business than when everyone was preoccupied? But not only that, he forgot in the moment, with his liver soaked in booze, that he had also chosen to abstain all those previous years. He wasn't about to drag some poor, unknowing soul into his whirlwind life.

That was Sober Jirou talking.

Not-Sober Jirou, however...

The matchmaker called his name and he perked up with interest, and glanced around when she announced the second name--his would-be wife. Was it too much to hope she was cute? And then he grinned when he caught sight of her. Well then. She was cute. Obviously foreign born and pale for his tastes--someone his family would hate on principal, and for some reason that made her all the more alluring right then--but her hair was an eye-catching blue, like a clear sky with flecks of starlight. And oh, she was tiny. Small enough to toss. Not much to her figure, but he was more of an ass person than a--

...Wow. Maybe he should say hi to the woman first?

He turned toward her then, and when he stopped, the world kept on going for a few seconds after. He blinked, wobbled unsteadily a moment, and then straightened. Whoa. Wow. The booze must be stronger this year.

"Hey," he said, and gave a little wave and a crooked smile. Not a  proper greeting, but formality had flown out the window with intoxication. So had sense. He spoke Thanati, forgetting in the moment to switch to Common for her. "So, looks like we're married, huh? Wanna kiss?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Zero

Alcohol was a truly marvelous invention. Almost as soon as Elysia had slipped her name into the jar, she'd forgotten about it. Another drink was in her hand, and she did not take it slowly. It probably would have been a good idea to pace herself, but she was having fun exploring in a new place and damn it all she was going to enjoy the local offerings. Everyone else was having a good time and drinking, as was obvious by the tipsy stumbling and wobbling of more than a few of the writhing crowd.

All the names went into the jars and suddenly everyone was paying attention to the old woman speaking on the stage. She had a commanding presence that Elysia could both appreciate and envy. Too bad she didn't have a bloody clue what she was saying. It sounded fancy.

The colorful, and very tipsy, bard watched and listened with utter fascination as names were chosen and matched from the two jars. Men and women stepped forward together at her summons and Elysia wished she weren't too sloshed to be writing this all down. Not that she would have known what exactly to write, but she could at least have made coherent observations. Learning all about Thanati culture, folklore, and music was why she was there.

Elysia had no idea just how much culture she was about to expose herself to when her name was called and she walked forward to join – oh wow. She wished she could remember what name the woman had called out right before hers.

He wasn't super tall, which was always nice, but his tattoos and piercings were impressive, and his hair was interesting. Overall he was good-looking, would definitely have to learn the one's name. Elysia's mind was warmly buzzing and she grinned stupidly thinking that she wouldn't mind learning a few words from him – had to get the full local experience, and all that.

More fancy words and some candles blew out. Elysia had no idea what she'd just been a part of, but it was all super fascinating. The handsome guy had turned to her, she laughed at his little wave and the way he grinned. Oh man, this guy was at least as drunk as she was, and he was talking, but again, the Thanati completely flew over her head. His voice was kind of sexy, though, and suddenly that accent was growing on her.

"I have noooooo idea what you just said." Elysia gave a giddy giggle, damn alcohol, and took a step closer to him, peering at him curiously. Was it rude to stare at him? Probably. "Do you even know what I'm saying? Nobody seems to, it kinda sucks, but I don't need to know what yer saying to know you're super cute."

She looked around and realized some of the people were leaving, not noticing that most of those leaving were people whose names had just been called. "Looks like the party's over." Elysia grinned and leaned towards him, running a hand along his arm over all those pretty designs. It was a gesture only slightly flawed in that she wavered a little, swaying on her feet a bit from the dizziness the alcohol caused buzzing around in her head. "Wanna go somewhere?"

Who cared if he could understand her? Men knew body language, and body language was all the language you needed sometimes!

Rhindeer

...Huh?

Jirou's brain skipped when the woman spoke, and it took him a delayed second to realize she was speaking actual words and not gibberish. Words he recognized, except they were in Common. Oh. Ohhhh. Duh. She hadn't understood a word he'd said, had she?

Obviously not, because that's exactly what she said.

He squinted at her, as though that would help him understand her speech. Sure, he knew Common well enough, but it still took an extra effort to listen and understand, especially while drunk.

"I understand you juuust fine," he said in Common, his words thickly accented and slurred. He reached out when she swayed and took her by the shoulders to steady her, even though he was just as unbalanced and had to shift his feet before he tilted. "'Specially the part where ya think I'm cute. Super cute. Good! 'Cause that'd be really awkward if ya didn't. 'Cause I think you're real cute, little blueberry. Really dig the hair. That natural?"

And he tucked a strand of it back behind her ear, fingers brushing against her neck, and waggled his eyebrows, implying exactly what it sounded like. Dropping his hand, he grasped hers lightly and gave her a small tug to pull her along. "Ya got a place? Or wanna head to mine?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Zero

Oh, oh god.

He understood all of that?

Elysia felt her face flush from more than just the alcohol. She hadn't expected him to know what she was saying! Of course the one person to acknowledge Common was the guy she drunkenly tried to hit on.

Her hands came up to grasp his forearms as he grabbed her by the shoulders. Two drunk people steadying each other. It was a bit of a wonder they didn't end up on the ground in a heap. She puffed out her cheeks a little as he complimented her hair, then made as suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows.

"I ain't no blueberry. My name's Elysia, and if you want to find out how natural that blue hair is you'll remember it." She huffed a little, blushing more and shivering at the fingers on her neck, but let him pull her along. "Uh, I don't have a place to stay yet, so gonna say your place."

Rhindeer

"Elysia," Jirou repeated, rolling the name around on his tongue. "Elysia. Interesting name. In a good way! A pretty way, way better from how the old gal said it! I'm Jirou, by the way. So, question. Are all pet names off limits, Ellie? Or just some?"

As he spoke he changed course, realizing with a laugh that he was walking in the wrong direction and that home was the other way. And since she didn't have a place, that was where they would be staying. Which made the most sense, anyway, since they were in this thing for a year and a day or something like that, and his home was upstairs from his shop.

Now they were headed in the right direction, and they would reach his place in no time--provided he didn't get distracted. Which wouldn't be surprising, because he kept stealing looks at her as they walked, trying to study her without being obvious or creepy about it. She really was cute, though, and from what he'd experienced so far, she had just the right amount of bite, too. And she was all blushy. Aww. The pink stood out vibrant against her pale skin, creating an interesting effect he'd only seen achieved through cosmetics.

"You can call me whatever you want, by the way. Especially if you're screaming it." Another saucy wink.

Zero

Jirou.

That was it! Elysia was glad that he provided it and she didn't have to ask. For the life of her she couldn't remember what name the old lady had called for him. There were too many names and her mind was too fuzzy. His had just kind of gotten jumbled up with the rest.

Elysia faltered a little when they quickly shifted course, but held his hand tighter and laughed softly. Did he forget where his house was?

"Don't call me a fruit." She said, making a little bit of a face. "Ellie is...okay." It was never a thing she was fond of, but her mother called her that sometimes. Like it really mattered what he called her. She only had to put up with it for as long as she decided to stay afterwards. Or until he kicked her out. She really didn't have anywhere lined up to stay yet, so she was sort of banking on him letting her chill until morning at least.

She was too tipsy to be paying attention to all the little subtle glances he was giving her, and she was too focused on studying him. Except she didn't really care if he noticed. He really had a lot of tattoos. The designs were neat, but she'd have to see if he'd let her look when she wasn't drunk and there was better light to see.

"Screaming it?" Elysia blinked at him owlishly for a moment, another, deeper flush of pink heating her face. Well he wouldn't be the first cocky talker she bedded. Usually when they talked this much the sex was either really, really good or so, so bad.

Elysia hoped it was one of those really, really good times. "If you can make me scream your name I'll let you come up with a pet name for me, as long as it isn't a stupid food."

Tags: