Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: It's time for another Good Idea/Bad Idea! [Aeyt!]  (Read 547 times)

Offline Viscount Rhi-Rhi

Re: It's time for another Good Idea/Bad Idea! [Aeyt!]
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 03:21:41 PM »
It as going to be a while before she got used to all this magic, of traveling by portal. It was wonderfully convenient, but until she met Rit, she'd never known anyone who could do this.  Apparently magic was more common in other places, so portal travel was probably nothing unusual elsewhere?

She hesitated only a moment before she stepped through the opening with Rit and into a lush island paradise.

His own private island! His pockets must go even deeper than she knew if his family could afford an entire private island! Was that boat his, too? Song was too enraptured and excited at first to notice how empty the island was, her thoughts racing. An island home did complicate matters some; she would have to make a very good escape plan when she finally did rob him and run, because she certainly couldn't swim back to Suna carrying a bunch of goods! She'd be caught easily, or be weighted down enough to drown. No, she would have to get a boat of her own...somehow...hm. This was an interesting problem...

She'd have to give it a lot of thought.

"It's so beautiful here," she said at last, tearing herself from her thoughts and staring out over the water at the city they left behind. "So quiet--and the view! Inima certainly blessed your family."

But it was, indeed, a small island. Small enough that she could see quite far, and as she began to really examine her new surroundings, she began to notice how...sparse it was. Aside from the natural vegetation, there...

Wasn't...much...?

She blinked. Where was it he lived again? Surely she should be able to see his home. A rich man like him had to have an impressive abode! "Where is it you live again?"
OPEN THREADS! HOP ON IN FOR SOME WILD GOOD TIMES. 8D
Dreams of Demons
Blood and Roses.

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Anoki // Astrid // Axieva // Aysel //  Beatrid // Branwen // Briar // Cadmus // Cerys // Charik // Chephirah // Clover // Corryn // Dai // Delwyn // Demaht // Durga // Einin/Owl // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Felix // Frost // Gwendolyn // Hatame // Hayate // Hazel // Hyacinthe // Ife // Iris // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Khero // Koi // Kota // Kuan // Kuvira // Kyran // Kyori // Liam // Makani // Makoro // Max // Maya // Mei // Misae // Monster // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Nelly // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rowan // Sachi // Sadb // Sahar // Scarab // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Syrae // Taj // Tanith // Tessa // Tiaret // Tikaani // Vahni // Valor // Victoria // Wakiza // Xinyi // Yarra // Yasmin // Yiroa // Yun // Zahara

Offline Aeytrious

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2018, 07:27:06 PM »
        "I live here on the island," Rit said, leading Song further inland. Though the island was small, it was larger than most pieces of land owned on any of the other islands. If the soil was fertile, it could potentially be the site of a large plantation. With it's quick and sharp elevation change from coast to inland, it was likely protected from large scale flooding. Other than storms that blew in from the ocean, it was an ideal location for anything at all. Yet there was nothing here. Not a single structure on the entirety of the island.
        A short trip inland from the sloping beach that lead to the dock, Rit lead Song to a small campsite. The circular clearing was covered in the softest grass. A fire pit sat in the middle, lined and rimmed with bricks. Suspended above the pit on a rod, was a black sphere, made of a dark metal, with a grated door. Beside the pit was a plush orange cushion, and a low table made of a deep red wood.
        "Feel free to use my cushion there," Rit said. "Would you like anything? Perhaps some tea?" He reached into his bag while moving toward the fire pit. "I can make you just about anything you like. Or we could walk around the island. It really is beautiful this time of night."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiramKurohanaLexMelyndaria
MowellesaSehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

8etty 8otter 8ought a 8it of 8utter.
"8ut," said she, "this 8utter's 8itter.
If I put it in my 8atter,
It will make my 8atter 8itter.
8ut a 8it of 8etter 8utter
That would make my 8atter 8etter."
So 8etty 8otter 8ought a 8it of 8etter 8utter
(8etter than her 8itter 8utter)
And she put it in her 8itter 8atter
And made her 8itter 8atter a 8it 8etter.

Yes. I know I'm sexy.
You don't need to keep pointing it out.

Offline Viscount Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2018, 02:48:20 PM »
...was he quite serious?

Song followed alongside Rit with building horror as it slowly dawned on her that there were no homes here. No buildings. Just vegetation and plants and insects and birds, and...oh no. Was that a campsite? He was leading her to a campsite. Don’t tell her he lived off the land, camping.

Song paled. She was, if nothing else, a city girl through and through. A city girl who enjoyed all the comforts and conveniences of city life, like beds and shelter and freedom from dirt and insects and food served on a proper table. This couldn’t be right. This had to be a joke. He was rich! She was that with her own eyes! Why, then, didn’t he have a home filled with possessions?

Wide-eyed and speechless, Song took a slow seat on the cushion after examining it for debris. Then she just stared at Rit.

“Tea would be...lovely.” Where did he stash his money? His goods? Was this really where he slept? Did he expect her to sleep outside? Like animals?

“It truly is lovely here. Such a wonderful site for nature-watching! I bet your abode is just as lovely!”
OPEN THREADS! HOP ON IN FOR SOME WILD GOOD TIMES. 8D
Dreams of Demons
Blood and Roses.

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Anoki // Astrid // Axieva // Aysel //  Beatrid // Branwen // Briar // Cadmus // Cerys // Charik // Chephirah // Clover // Corryn // Dai // Delwyn // Demaht // Durga // Einin/Owl // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Felix // Frost // Gwendolyn // Hatame // Hayate // Hazel // Hyacinthe // Ife // Iris // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Khero // Koi // Kota // Kuan // Kuvira // Kyran // Kyori // Liam // Makani // Makoro // Max // Maya // Mei // Misae // Monster // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Nelly // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rowan // Sachi // Sadb // Sahar // Scarab // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Syrae // Taj // Tanith // Tessa // Tiaret // Tikaani // Vahni // Valor // Victoria // Wakiza // Xinyi // Yarra // Yasmin // Yiroa // Yun // Zahara

Tags: