Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Powerful Rebels of the Civil War

Started by AevumEternity, May 07, 2017, 12:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

I've noted that many mages involved in the civil war are rather average- there are no Demonlords from what I've seen and very few could truly be particularly fearsome! This is not to say those involved are not unimportant, but more so that there is a lack of organization in the fighting!

So I have planned upon making an elite group of mages, rebels so skilled in their magic wielding that they cause a new burst of trouble for the Grand Duke and his forces, these will be the powerful few freedom fighters left to make a final stand in year 10 of the war.

If you have a character who could join this group, please answer this thread, I will be creating a character for this purpose as well :) I would very much enjoy these characters collaberating to make a stand!

Wrathwyrm

The problem with actual dedicated mages against Connlaoth is that the more powerful they are, the more Connlaoth will send their the Mordecai.  (The Guard Duty thread is a good example of this.)  That said, there are always those who have something special to balance themselves out.  I don't have any Connlaothians who would be a part of this.  The only one from the country who qualifies hates the country.  What I can offer you are outside parties who can be convinced to help.

Keefe Zarla - For years now, Keefe has been an assassin, killing those who attempt to stomp out what is different or what deserves a chance to live freely.  Corrupt officials, slavers, Mordecai, and more have been here chosen targets.  She uses a combination of assassin techniques and ferromancy, the manipulation of metals to a high degree.  That guy from Connlaoth who hates this country?  He's a friend of hers, rescued and trained by her.  Lately, though, a terrible vampire hit her hard because HE prefers it that Mordecai and Connlaoth's government keep on keeping on, because doing so makes them all helpless before him.  Keefe has recovered from the attack, mostly because of her friend, Sano.  Though she's afraid the vampire will appear again before her, she'll get back on the horse if asked to.

Rena Goldswith - If you've been talking to DreadFate, you know that I've been angling to put this one into Guard Duty on the side of mages.  If not, I'll explain why.  The idea was that since this war has indeed hired sellswords and others for-hire, they would reach out to this lightning-using warrior from Serendipity.  Why her?  Because they could have learned of, and convinced her with, her past.  Years ago, an army of bigots roamed the Seren lands, trying to purge it of all but 'pure' Serenians, so that there would only be the most-human ones.  Since Rena's mother was an elf, you can see what they (The Silver Horde) thought of that.  Suffice it to say, in a tremendous battle, those people were killed to a man, though her parents also died on the process.  The right to live and be free because one is different is somethng Rena fights for.  Though she's not strictly a mage, she's very gifted.

visualspice

Please note I've posted it just about everywhere on the civil war plotting pages that I want no demons or god-like characters involved with this event. Thanks!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

AevumEternity

Oh not Gods and demons, hell no :PI'm just looking to organize the mages a bit more because they don't seem to have a guild or group they're truly a part of. Or do they? If they do could this be made clear or prominent in some way? Connlaoth is utterly destroying them at this point lol

Wrathwyrm

Quote from: Spicyspice on May 07, 2017, 01:50:06 PM
Please note I've posted it just about everywhere on the civil war plotting pages that I want no demons or god-like characters involved with this event. Thanks!

Ah, whoops.  Sorry, I haven't been reading the civil war plot pages because I haven't been in them.  Garlock removed.

visualspice

There are actually quite a lot of guilds! The Red Legion, The Blood Wardens, the Free Folk- to name a few.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Also please note, I have note posted it anywhere year 10 is the final year of the war.

Whim

A different way to think about the Civil War is that it isn't really "Connlaoth" vs. "Rebel Mage Terrorist Cells." Its a feudal society. The bulk of the conflict I've read about has been the grand Duke fighting duchies and Houses who previously turned a blind eye to mages. Some are piling on, others are fighting back for a variety of reasons (power, preservation of sovereignty, an excuse to murder rivals, incestuous predilections...)

What constitutes a mage in Connlaoth, remember, isn't necessarily a guy in a robe who chooses to learn how to cast fireball. Its more that people are born with odd and dangerous powers and are being persecuted for it.

As far as factions opposing the Grand Duke I'll throw House Wyndham into the list. Its currently moving to capture Ahjfeld. I had the thought they might start conscripting mages freed from the camps and put them to work enchanting crops to grow faster, conjuring elemental servants to pound knights, etc. if anyone is up for that.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

AevumEternity

Of course ^^ but it is still Magv-wielders versus the state in simple terms! Once I make this character I can offer him/her in service of that fight for House Wundham :)

visualspice

It should also be noted, all of Turgall's army is now fighting openly against the Grand Duke's army in order to get them to push back and relinquish his title. He is currently making (or has already made) an alliance with the duchy of Orchy, who also wants to see Grand Duke Allarrick off the throne. This is by no means due to supporting mage complete freedom, but they are seeking to remedy the new injustices thrown upon the mages since Duke Calent's reign. They are fighting for stability and justice and upholding what was once the true law-
however, Duke Harmond of Turgall is not mentally 'well' either, and it seems he's only become level headed when he met and married his wife (who was formerly a White Lily that he kinda took as a hostage but ended up falling in love with and.. you all get the picture 8D )

Should be interesting to see how 'not so crazy' Blaith handles spear heading his army moving forward.