Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Next Stage of the Game. (Blink, Elekta Kount, and If Thou Invited)

Started by Wrathwyrm, May 12, 2017, 03:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrathwyrm

Sano gave Volkhard a look that either meant 'That's none of your buiness' or 'Give it a rest', dependent on how you interpret it.  Either way, he didn't think it was very funny, and as a serious comment, it was out of line.  He pieced together what it is that was going on as Nashya spoke up through the drawbridge of embarrassment.  Upon request for help, Sano straightened this out in one fell swoop.

"You know those shadow-things she has?  One of 'em talks in her head.  Gets under her skin, sometimes."

"So, it's like having a parrot on your shoulder?"

That put a smile on the young man's face.

"Yeah, that's one way to put it."

He sat down to eat at the only available space now, between Rena and Nashya.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"That would make a whole lot of sense." Volkhard said as he began to slice another piece of food. "Judging from the look on ya face an' what ya've been saying, that parrot of yours. Just be a right proper nuisance."

The man in the overcoat finished cleaning the barrel of the gun, now sliding the rod out. He took apart a piece of the gun, grabbing a napkin on the table, he began wiping it.

"Well, if we are all settled and awake, how's bout we talk bout what are we to do from here on out." Volkhard said, placing another piece of food into his mouth.

Blink

"Did they seriously just compare me to a parrot? A stupid parrot!?"

Nashya sat up in the chair a bit, happy that Sano could explain so well what was going on in her head.

"You have no idea.." she added to Volkhard's statement.

Then it was all business as Volkhard began asking important questions. "I imagine it will take a while to travel, and let's not forget that we still have to go to The Meeting Place so that Sano can speak with Keefe. Maybe we should split up? We could meet you guys in Connlaoth and that would also give you a chance to get an ear out on where the vampire is...." Nashya then paused as she looked to Sano.

"...unless you want all of us to come with you to meet her?"

Wrathwyrm

Oh, Sano was loving that parrot comment.  It was a boon to their journey, getting that out of the way, and so humorously.  Seriouly, Volkhard was bringing forth a few snerks from the red-eyed one.  Still, their plans, now that they were all here and awake...  They would go, they DID have to hit the meeting place, but should they split up or all meet Keefe?

"Well, we don't all have to."

"I have to show you the way, at least.  They're not on the map or pointed out with any road signs.  You just have to know the way...or stumble onto it."

"How did you find out?"

"Dad showed me, when I was little.  It's a few miles from home, actually, a cave in the Terrin Mountain Range, right when you meet solid rock."

"Why's that hard to find?

"It's a long mountain range, it's not close to town, and it gets woodsy over there."

"I see.  Well, anyone who doesn't want to go, doesn't have to.  I need to, so does Rena, and Nashya wants to.  You guys can get into Connlaoth ahead of us."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Either way works with me. If you need me to go ahead of time, I'll go." Volkhard said wiping his mouth again. "Else I'll just come with you."

Otto just glanced up, and asked. "Would you rather me tell you the location of the ambush point? Or do you want me to guide you?"

Blink

"A cave... how excellent."Eye flick.

"Don't go getting any smart ideas now.." Nashya muttered to herself as she leaned back. Her eyes quickly darted between everyone at the table hoping that they would be able to tell she wasn't talking to them.

"Volkhard I think it may be best if you two head ahead. I think with the two of you working together you could quickly distinguish not only the most recent area in which the vampire is hiding but also any obstacles that may appear."

"And maybe if we are lucky the vampire will kill them before we even get there." Eye flick.

"I do think we need to set a day and time in which we can all meet though." Nashya then turned to Sano.

"I've never been to Connloath so I don't know any places."

Wrathwyrm

Hmmm.  So, with thoughts of them splitting up for now being made into plans, what they really needed most was how to organize that.  He, Volkhard, and the Hangman knew Connlaoth the best.  He had no idea if Rena had ever been there or not, but her silence said that she probably wouldn't get lost.  Even still, Sano was obviously the guide for his part of the group, once they entered the country.  Still, questions were put to him on the matter of how to set this up.  He was the one in charge.  He had to decide how this was going to go.

"What day depends on how long it'll take to get to the Meeting Place.  Rena?"

"Well, ya got any horses?"

"Not yet.  Why?  Did you come in on one?"

"No.  I actually do alot of walking.  If you're in a hurry, we could take carriages to our respective destinations.  They could go up north and start investigating.  We could head west to the general area of the place."

"A few days by carriage travel, or as much as a week at least, on foot.  I think we'd better go by carriage."

He looked over to Volkhard and the Hangman.

"You'll be getting into the country a couple days ahead of us.  Tarkis is the southernmost town to Seren lands up there, right?  There's as good a place as any."

[OOC: I figure once we split up, Blink and I can have a Meeting Place thread.  Electa, is there anything you might want to do with Otto and Volk in another thread before they all regroup?]

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"That is fine, we'lol get there." Volkhard said putting the napkin down just as Otto was clicking in the
Sat piece of his pistol, and bolstering it.

"No objections" was the only thing he said before crossing his arms.

(Nah, I'm good, I'll have everything that goes on in between Otto and Volkhard implied in the next thread. Just tag me when you want to regroup.)

Tags: