Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Next Stage of the Game. (Blink, Elekta Kount, and If Thou Invited)

Started by Wrathwyrm, May 12, 2017, 03:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Nashya was practically speechless when Otto said he had no quarrel with these men. The hell if he didn't! They were chasing HIM yet this wasn't HIS fight. And unlike him, Nashya could at least own up to her mistakes. Maybe all of this was a mistake, leading all of these people to this inn. She allowed it, she brought Sano here and now look at the mess it was in.

"Yep you break everything you touch." Eye flick

"Shut up!" she screamed at herself as she whipped her head to look at the person who was not standing beside her. Again, something she did when talking to herself, acting like the darker thing in her mind was standing right beside her at all times.

Nashya was about to turn again, this time to face Otto but Rena spoke up and then Sano. Seemed they both shared the same view as herself and so it caused her to calm down a bit.

During this entire scene, the dark creature Nashya had manifested only grew louder with its clicking, nearly growling when she had turned to yell at nothing. Still agitated she looked at the creature out of the corner of her eye. "What are you still doing here? Go.."

And so the creature very quickly disappeared, the shadow it created retreating back to the darkness.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

THe man in the overcoat just looked up, not at anyone in particular, before putting his knife away.

Hands in his pocket, he moved off the stairs, brushing past Rena with a quiet "Excuse me."

Moving near Nashya, he used his foot to toss up the handles on the chair, grabbing it with one arm before setting it straight at a nearby table.

There was not much left to clean up, Volkhard had taken care of most of the heavy lifting with the table, but the fighting had gone on in a relatively open area of the bar. The only thing that was left to pick up were being picked up by Volkhard, as he reached over to pick up random forks and plates near his table.

Wrathwyrm

Hoo boy...  It wasn't good when Nashya had to shout at the shadow-being hat nobody else could see.  Still, between some reasonable coaxing, they got the stranger to help pick the place up.  While this was going on, Rena did smirk a bit, but stopped when Sano asked her the obvious question in hushed tones.

"So, what's his story?"

She shrugged back at him.

"Unnamed master of stealth sought for by unknown bounty hunters for unspecified reasons."

"...and?"

"And...he did seem a bit interested in our venture when I mentioned it to 'im.  I assume you'll take all he decent help you can get, right?"

"If he's up to the task, sure, but he's gotta get along with Nashya, or at least not irritate her.  We need to work as a team, or else we're gonna have some trouble organizing this."

That much was true, and now that the inn was more-or-less in one piece again, they could begin their meeting.  But before then, they needed to see where they stood with this newcomer, if he was to be coming with them at all...and who the hell was he, anyway?

Blink

She was happy to see that he was helping pick things up, however inconvenient it may be for him. Nashya had even managed to calm down even more as she looked at all of them working together so easily. This was however until Otto called her creature 'cute'.

"No he didn't" her darker self chimed in while all Nashya could do was nod as she pursed her lips.

As she slammed another glass onto the table top she took in deep breaths as she attempted to think rationally. Her eyes then flicked towards Sano and Rena who seemed to be having a conversation of their own.

Instead of retaliating like she really wanted to she opted for the better option and pulled out the chair Otto had just placed. With a loud scoot, she slid it across the floor a bit back from the table before she sat down, crossing her arms over her chest.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"I don't get pissed off that easily." the man said, hands were now back in his coat pocket as he walked over, giving them a dead stare as he walked nonchalantly. "Tell me what you need from me and I'll provide without much of a fuss...least to help take down this vampire of yours."

Wrathwyrm

So, the score was currently Nashya Pissed and Stranger Offering Services.  This was gonna take some doing.  Rena decided to take a seat, as well as a backburner to the discussion at hand.  After all, it was Sano who was hiring, was it not?  That made him effectively leader here.  Or at least...they had no reason to be here without his quest business.  Anyway, he looked over the guy now, no longer in armor, as that equipment had become a bunch of little disks in his hand again.

"Well, you could start by telling us who you are and what you can do.   Since Rena obviously mentioned the vampire to you, I don't need to explain much, except that he's very dangerous.  You've obviously got some kind of reputation, but we'll need to know some of your capabilities, so we can plan our attack."

Blink

As everyone took a seat at the table once more, plus the annoying new guy, Nashya remained silent. She had nothing to say, well nothing nice anyways. She feared that if she did talk it would only ruin whatever chances Sano had to recruit more help and at the end of the day this was all about him.

As they spoke Nashya reflected on the day as a whole. That morning was interesting and when they parted ways for a bit it grew even more so. Seemed Nashya had a knack for creating some kind of stir in one way or another today. First Demagogue and now this, what more could she mess up?

Still silent she listened as they exchanged words, taking extra effort in keeping whatever thoughts may be lingering to herself.

Blink

(OOC: I am heading to bed guys so if you want to start skipping me again to keep this conversation going I am fine with that ^.^ Will reply to whatever when I get home from work tomorrow.)

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Have you've seen the dead bodies hanging by their necks from trees along the roads of Connoloath?" the man said, not even batting an eye. "Those are my doing."

Volkhard, who had been sitting there and watching, suddenly had a face of curious interest. He looked like he was about to say something, but decided to wait.   

Wrathwyrm

[OOC: Alright, take care, Blink.]

With he and the stranger now effectively having the floor, Sano was asked about dead bodies just hanging along the side of the road.  This man was claiming responsibility for that.

"I'm sorry, but I haven't been back in Connlaoth for years.  I...no wait..."

There was...something...  Generally, Sano kept his head down and his mind on nothing but trying to forage and keep warm during his days, livinng on the streets of his home country, wandering often because he was generally not welcome.  His eyes widened for a moment.  He was maybe 13-14 when he started seeing them.  They were hanging bodies, alright, but he assumed it was the Mordecai hanging up a rogue mage, at least until he heard rumors of...

"The Hangman...  Yes, I remember now.  I had to travel by foot alot.  I know I came across this more than once.  Nobody knows who did it, just that a man was seen, vanishing from the scene."

"That would certainly explain the bounty."

"Yes, it would."

He looked over at the supposed hangman now.

"You wouldn't be the first assassin I've come across, assuming you're him.  Of course, if you are, I don't need to ask of your skill.  You've clearly got it."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"If that's all cleared up." The man in the overcoat said. "I suppose you want to begin talking about our plan of attack."

Wrathwyrm

"Unless you've got something else you want to get off of your chest."

He wasn't aiming that at any particular thing the Hangman might know or seem keen on keeping concealed, but the man was standoffish and there wasn't alot that he was trying here to garner trust.  OF course, he didn't hear the man while he was up in Rena's room.  She could tell that something more was up than this cold front he was putting forth.  At any rate, Sano was wonderinng if he knew much about others in their field.  Yes, their field, the assassin's way of life.  Sano wasn't a true assassin by definition...but his teacher was, and she frequented Connlaoth over the years.  Not saying they met, because they probably didn't, but one was probably aware of the other's work.  Still...

"Let me ask if you know something about this, since you've been there more recently than I have.  Have you heard tales of vampiric attacks in the night, or of a bald warrior wading into battle and tearing apart people, right and left, before vanishing?"

He waited a moment to see if that was a yes or no, then continued.

"That's our target.  He's incredibly dangerous, so I've been working to recruit some highly-dangerous people myself.  We know what draws him in, or at least we have a better plan of it than other people would.  We..."

He stopped.  It suddenly hit him.  He had an even better idea on how to do this.

"I'm sorry, I just had an inspiration that will work much better than old plan.  Before I go into details, though, you'd better say it clearly.  This monster could kill even you, Hangman.  Are you in or are you out?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"I am a dead man walking." The man in the overcoat said. "I've got nothing to lose."

"Great." Volkhard grunted as his head was now resting on his hand, before murmuring something to himself.

Wrathwyrm

Wow, and Sano thought he had troubles.  Well, there's always someone with more on their minds, one guesses.  So, with that all taken care of, they had a rather formidable group here, it seemed.  Now, for the idea that had just come to him.

"Originally, this was a case of using a Mordecai to lure out the vampire.  I have a much better solution now, something that the vampire will have to investigate - even if it seems phony to him - because he'll need to know why."

The young man smirked now, loving this change of plans that everyone would agree with.

"We don't need to kill a Mordecai.  We don't even need to make it look like a Mordecai's been killed.  We just need to make it seem like the Ebon Knife is hunting on Connlaoth again, in total defiance of the vampire's edicts."

The Ebon Knife, an assassin that was known internationally.  Name, face, origins - unknown.  Except...to this group, he'd already stated her real name and a few other things.  The Hangman might not know what this mission was all about, apart from killing a dangerous vampire, but he probably wouldn't object to helping out an assassin who has executed soulless powermongers, slave-traders, and Mordecai...unless he liked the anti-magic laws.

"When I saved her, there was still blood everywhere.  That suit of hers would be rife with that scent.  If Nashya were to project a shadow into it, make it move like a deadly assassin in the night, creeping around and looking for a new target, he'll show up.  Even if he doesn't think it's her, he'll have to figure out who or what is doing this, because otherwise his precious hunting ground is compromised."

[OOC: Blink you're up next.]

Blink

"I much prefer the killing Mordecai plan, but that's just me." Nashya's eyes flicked in response.

"I bet you do" she mumbled before taking in a deep breath and adjusting herself in the chair. "It could work assuming you could get your hands on the suit. Creating a shadow to fill it out and walk around would be no problem. Heck, we could make it even more fun and throw one of my manifestations into it so when the vampire does get close to it... well... I don't think I need to paint a picture on what would happen there."

Already Nashya had one in mind, one that everyone in this room was familiar with by now. Throwing that one into the mix would level the playing field a bit right from the start. Most importantly it would allow them all to keep a distance at first... it would keep them safe.

"Safe is boring." Eye flick.

She didn't even bother responding to herself this time but instead rolled her eyes as she sighed yet again. Sometimes she wished they could all hear what it was she had to put up with every day. It truly was exhausting trying to keep track of long conversations.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The man in the overcoat said nothing, only nodding in response.

Volkhard was rubbing his chin, so far this new plan made sense to him. "Then we'd get the jump on him when he's distracted with the coat...assuming he doesn't sniff us out first."

Wrathwyrm

"Well, it's a much better plan than the previous ones, where half of you don't want to kill a Mordecai and the illusion of a Mordecai has a few holes in it.  This one's too tempting to pass up, because he wanted her out, and it would be a complete defiance of his dominance if he found her back.  He'd be insulted, irritated, and want to tear her apart.  So, we have that."

Of course, there was the obvious problem...

"It does mean, however, that I'll have to go home first."

The semi-elven warrior raised an eyebrow now.

"Uhh...why?"

"To get the suit.  Weren't you listening?  Bloodstained clothes, acting as a lure-"

"That's not what I meant.  I mean, why do you need to go all the way home when you could just use the Meeting Place?"

Sano blinked.

"The...what?"

Aaand now, she deadpanned.

"The Meeting Place?  An area that connects several parts of the world together, allowing you to travel to a central location magically and meet with people?  You could talk, have lunch, exchange things, and when you leave, you go back where you came from."

"I've never heard of it."

"Really?  That's weird.  Then again, someone from Connlaoth who's been taught to eschew magic would-"

"Just because I'm from there doesn't mean I think that way.  I was at the wrong end of those laws, remember?"

Rena held up her hands, making a gesture indicating she'd prefer that he chill out.

"Alright, alright...  Anyway, just get a message out to her to have you meet at a time and you'll get your bloody clothes."

"Hmm...  Well, I guess that makes sense.  Any questions?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"One" Volkhard said. "Where exactly are we planning for this ambush? Think the lot of us should set up ahead of time?"

Blink

Nashya nodded as they spoke, agreeing with this new plan Sano came up with. It could definitely work, and obviously as she thought before it was much safer. Except he was right with the problem presented, he would have to go home. That would definitely add more time to their travels and only further the growing tension between herself and her partner in Golden Gear.

It was already a problem telling him she would be gone for a few days and she couldn't even imagine how he would react if that changed to a few weeks. But when Rena mentioned The Meeting Place, Nashya shared the same expression as Sano.

Nashya wasn't from Connlaoth and she herself had never heard of this place. When Rena explained what it was though it all made sense. Nashya had no need for a place like that with the abilities she carried.

"None here" Nashya was actually impressed this newfound plan had gone over so smoothly. Now it seemed they were all on the same page for once.

In reference to Volhard's question though Nashya chimed in...

"I know that it makes more sense to set up ahead of time but I think we should figure that out when we actually find out where this vampire is. It would be pointless to set a place for an ambush if we can't even confirm that the vampire would even be there."