Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Midnight Fathoms (DragonSong)

Started by quaggan, March 23, 2018, 03:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quaggan

"Well, I do take a lot seriously. I take my clothes seriously, ever since Baron Thalance's kid verbally roasted me for my doublet a year ago. I take my sister seriously, as should all who met her. Let's see, what else do I take seriously..."

There probably wasn't a lot of things. Why should he? Taking things like love, religion or ideals seriously only ever resulted in bloodshed - and while he didn't mind some blood, physical violence was crude and primitive. But any further thought on this subject was interrupted by a rather sudden request. Granted, it wasn't the first time a woman expressed a desire to kiss him, but it was still something he didn't expect at this stage. But then again, why not? It was dark, and no one was watching, at least as far as he knew.

But what truly made up his mind was this calculating glint he spotted in her eye.  He found women who knew what they wanted - and took it - very attractive. Especially when those women were planning something. His weakness to clever plots was something he truly didn't mind exploited. Now he was looking forward to finding out almost as much as to the kiss itself.

"Oh, I would not find it too forward at all."

DragonSong

The ambassador's daughter smiled, shifting her position slightly so she could lean up on her toes and tilting his face toward hers with a delicate touch.

Her eyes still glinted as she cupped his cheek in her hand and pressed her lips to his softly, almost carefully. Like she was testing, or perhaps drawing up results in her head.

That didn't take away from the sensuality of the touch. Either Kana Moonglade was simply exceptional at nearly everything she tried, or she had a fair amount of practice in this particular activity.

quaggan

Perhaps he should lean down. It was never something he had to try before - usually, his partner would have to either find something suitable for him to stand upon, or just pick him up for the duration, as one knight ended up doing. Fortunately, Lady Moonglade had her own ways. He then proceeded to do what he did best in those situations: follow the lead of the lady.

He kissed back, cautiously - at this point he had enough experience to match any level of intensity, but it was simply bad form to try tongue on the first kiss without prior consent.

DragonSong

Kana gave a soft humming sound in the back of her throat, resisting the urge to smile. As expected, Coriander was an adaptable partner, something she could admire.

Gods, it was so nice when they already knew what they were doing. She hated when she had to spend weeks training a partner to kiss the way she liked.

She tilted her head to the side slightly to deepen the contact for a few moments, letting her lips part gently against his-- then she pulled back, settling back on her heels as her eyes glinted up at him. "That was lovely," she murmured, smiling softly. "Thank you."

quaggan

Coriander responded with his best charming smile. It was something he worked at for a long time - nothing ruined the mood like people grinning like idiots. "It was my pleasure, my lady." He almost called her 'Lady Moonglade', but it would be awkward to still use this form of address after sharing a kiss. Unless she was into it, but that was something he could discover later.

"Would it be terribly forward of me to recommend myself for any future... needs?"

DragonSong

She laughed and shook her head, eyes still glinting playfully. "No, I don't think that would be too forward of you at all, Master Coriander," she assured with a soft smile. Tilting her head slightly, she added, "And you can call me just Kana, if you like."

She didn't really wait for him to respond though, wrapping an arm around his neck and kissing him again, still almost testing, teasing, calculating. But despite that there was some real warmth to the embrace, and she cupped his cheek carefully in one palm as she tilted his face toward her to offer a slightly more intimate angle.

quaggan

Ah, that was one of great benefits of etiquette. All those layers of titles and politeness made progressing through them far more pleasant than just starting on the first name basis. And far more meaningful. He leaned down slightly to allow her to better manipulate his position and responded with wounding one of his own arms above her waist. Back when he was young and inexperienced, he struggled heavily with proper placement, and got slapped plenty of times because he accidentally put his hand too low! That was one experience he didn't care to repeat - he would far prefer to get hit for something he actually aimed to achieve!

DragonSong

Kana grinned against his mouth as his arm came around her, twining her own lazily around his neck.

Humming consideringly as she pulled away from the kiss, she tilted her head and asked, "Exactly what sort of needs are you recommending yourself for?" The calculating glint was back in her eyes, a sure sign she was planning something.

quaggan

Coriander grinned back. His original impression was getting confirmed - this wasn't just a sudden rush of passion, the ambassador's daughter was planning something. While he was as vulnerable to emotions and their power over him as any other human, he did like plans and scheming, and he liked clever women who leveraged their advantages even more. It was clear that Kana was planning something, and trying to figure out what was on her mind was very entertaining. Most of the time, it was making a suitor jealous, but if it was a show to be witnessed, she wouldn't go with him deeper in the garden, where the guests wouldn't see them. So it must be something else, something more complex.

But he could think it over later, now he had a question to answer! "While I do not have quite enough informants to brazenly offer my espionage services, I can still keep you apprised of the happenings here in Serendipity whenever you return from Thanatos - the recent fashion trends, the juiciest gossip... I would offer my company whenever it's welcome, and my best efforts to assist."

DragonSong

"Hmm..." Kana tilted her head, pretending to consider. A soft smile quirked at her lips, eyes dancing. "I think your company should be enough, but your services seem quite extensive," she teased lightly.

Her hands settled themselves loosely on his shoulders and she tilted her head the other way. "Would you be amiable to me calling on you again, Master Coriander?" she asked after a moment. "After this evening, I mean. I would very much like to see you again while I'm still on the mainland."

quaggan

He was quite stoked to find out what she had in mind, but perhaps this was to be expected - revealing too much to someone she just barely met would be risky, and Kana Moonglade didn't strike Coriander as someone as reckless as himself. He would give her the time to finalize the plan, perhaps engage her own ways of acquiring information to find out whatever she needed to know and didn't trust him to tell the truth about - and rightfully so! There was no use rushing her - best laid plans required patience. And she was even kind enough to give him a roughly definite estimate of how long he would have to wait! He wasn't very familiar with Ambassador Moonglade's schedule, but he could find out.

"It would be a pleasure to hear from you again" he smiled. "Should you wish to contact me, please feel free to send a servant to my estate to inquire. My family's mansion is located in one of the outer district - it's a large sandstone building across Gallowbloom Plaza." It probably sounded like a strange location, but the Coriander family history excused it. They only made their fortune around two centuries ago, when Arca was already a sprawling metropolis and finding a good house that wasn't taken by a more important and influential nobles was, according to the ancestors, more trouble than it was worth.

DragonSong

She nodded, smile creeping across her face again. "I'll be sure to visit soon," she promised, her eyes glinting with a mix of playfulness and cunning. "But enough of that."

She twined her arms around his neck and leaned into him, letting about half her weight press against the front of his body. Rocking up on her toes, she kissed him again, letting her eyes slide closed and humming softly in the back of her throat.

Yes. If her impression of Coriander was correct, she thought this might be an incredibly fruitful relationship.

Tags: