Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Path of Freedom [Open to all]

Started by Warrior_Queen, June 28, 2017, 08:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warrior_Queen

Summer closed her eyes and she sat in the late afternoon sun.Her head rests against the trunk of the tree and her legs dangled below the branch on Ether side. She was about 10 feet off the ground far off the common trail some kept to while maneuvering throughout the forest. She was dressed in leather Armor with shoulder and breast plate, her red and purple eyes were shut and it would appear as if she was asleep.

Summer was not, she was listening to the forest. The sounds of bird calls of the early summer pared with the sound of wrestling leaves when a breeze picked up relaxed her. Summer was lost but not literally. She was...bored. It had been a week since her exile and she realized she didn't know much about the world outside of the Fae. The nature and sounds of this forest were familiar and offered her some comfort.

A light breeze picked up and she could feel the cool breeze against her cheeks. Her golden hair danced around her briefly before falling to ether side. She had freedom, the freedom to start a new life and help those in need. She could find her own path or find someone who was worth fighting for. She let out a heavy sigh, lost in her on thoughts.

GyraZR1

Careening uncontrollably through the damn trees after being batted away by an oversized giant, Gyra would've been cursing her luck. If she had the breath or time for it anyway. Finally hitting something with enough force stop her flight Gyra groaned softly. "Damn bounty hunters." she growled while pushing herself to her knees. Wiping off the dirt and twigs, she tried to flare out her wings. Only to grimace while pain raced through her like lightning. 'No gliding for me till my wings heal. Could my day get any worse?' she inquired of the gods.

"Yes it can." Twisting in time to feel the full powered magical burst dead center, Gyra was sent flying anew. 'DDDDDAAAAAMMMMNNNN IIIITTTTT!' she screamed silently. Impacting in to something relatively soft and nice smelling, Gyra unceremoniously face planted in the dirt. Coming to her hands and knees slowly she groaned heavily as her eyes stayed closed. "Should've stay in Matron's Hallow for that tea ceremony, but no I just had to help the lowly village here." Gyra grumbled to herself.

Warrior_Queen

Summer's long elf like ears twitched as she heard crashing in the distance. She slowly opened her eyes, coming out of her medication. Suddenly the crashing came much closer and the coppery smell of blood hit her.  Summer jumped down from the tree effortlessly and  used her glamour to hide her self within the brush.

She saw a woman with wings that seemed to be damaged. She had hair that was streaked with crimson highlits and wore armor much like her self. Summer instantly felt a kinship between the two of them. As the woman cursed her luck her lips curved into a smile, but suddenly an explosion of some magical nature forced the woman to crash into her and both landed in a clearing that her tree had overlooked.

As the winged warrior raised her self up off the ground, Summer, who had landed on her back, sat up right and rubbed the back of her head. Luckily her body was stronger than a mortals and she was only dazed for a second.

"Ugh what was that?" She said, sounded close to an old English accent but with a hint of Irish mixed. She stared into the direction the magic blast had come from for a second. Summer could not tell the number of people but knew they were headed in their direction. She thought about killing them but she didn't fully understand this world or the situation this woman was in.

"Come this way!" Summer said in a hushed but urgent tone waving the woman to follow her out of the clearing and further into the forest. Summer used her glamour with the aid of her natural surroundings to hide their paths making them both appear almost invisible. It would be incredibly hard to trace their movements. After a few feet in she turned to see if the girl had followed her. "Why are those people after you?" she asked as her red and purple eyes turned to see if the woman had in fact followed her.

GyraZR1

Following the elf, Gyra choose to ignore the blood running down her cheek. 'I can heal once there's a moment to catch my breath.' she thought, pulling her wings against her back. "Bounty, prestige, honor, revenge, or dumb luck of being in the wrong place at the right time.Take your pick. I can't really complain since I knew what I was walking into. Well partially knew anyway, didn't except an old adversary to come calling." she states while glancing over her shoulder. Focusing her telepathy and empathy down where she just came along, Gyra felt nothing of the group that she fought. "Now they decide to leave me alone. How considerate." she mocked rolling her eyes. Dematerializing her armor, except for her sword and knives, she set healing magic to medium low. "Name's Gyra, and you are?" Gyra asked, sheathing the sword on her sword belt.

Warrior_Queen

"You knew what you were walking into?" Summer asked, cocking her head to the side. Summer felt the presence come further into the clearing then leave, heading into the opposite direction. Her Glamour had worked, thankfully. She could track them down and kill them if needed later but for now it was better to focus on her wounded friend.

She eyed the forest floor, gathering herbs she had been taught when she was younger to help promote healing. She then laid them on a boulder and smashed them to make a paste.

"My name is Summer. It is a pleasure to meet you Gyra." She said and gave slight bow. She watched as this woman made her Armor disappear and listened her. "That's my doing, in the forest my kind are virtually untraceable. It's called Glamour." 

As the paste was ready she stopped grinding the herbs and walked over to Gyra. "For you, it promotes a faster healing." She said and hesitantly raised an index finger with to spread mixture over the gash on Gyra's cheek. "It will also sooth the pain." She said handing the rest of the paste to Gyra. "Can I ask you a personal Question Gyra? What are you?" She asked, her eyes fluttering to Gyra's wings then back to Gyra.  Summer had a piecing stare, as if she where looking not only at you but through you.

GyraZR1

"Just a winged demon, elf, human cast off with no memory of my past. Aside from those connected with my knight training, persons important to my airship home, and my enemies." she replied, matching Summer's stare. 'Pretty eyes.' Gyra added to herself as an afterthought. While taking the paste and applying it to all of the most irritating hurts she unconsciously recalled the healing lessons she had took on a whim. Materializing a small pouch to her belt, while recalling the herbs Summer had grabbed, Gyra took them and puts them in her pouch for later use. Glancing around,she decided she could drop her guard a bit. 'At least for a few hours, let her take over watch for idiots.' Gyra mused, as a sighed escaped her. Hooking thumbs on her belt she held out an elbow and asked, "Care for casual stroll?"

Warrior_Queen

" I have never meet a demon, elf, human." She said and smirked. "That is quite the hybrid. Have you meet others like you? Is it common?" She asked following Gyra as she followed her on their stroll. Normally Fae do not like Demons or are naturally repulsed by them but Summer wasn't one to judge someone based on their race. She was much less judgmental than the other Fae. As she held out her elbow Summer looped her arm through and they walked togeather.

Being so close to Summer one would smell the scent of Hyacinths mixed with lavender as her natural scent. "So you are a knight? I was too but recently I was cast out for my heritage. I don't serve anyone anymore but the combat training is handy." She smiled at Gyra, taking a liking to her very much. Many creatures constantly seek favor from Fae  but Gyra was easily likable and Summer didn't think it would be hard for her to make friends with others like her.

Summer thought about Gyra's loss of memory and something just didn't sit right with her. She has no idea who she could have been or even why these bounty hunters were after her. "I could help you..." Summer said, her vision shifting from Gyra to the direction they were headed. "Trying to remember. I have some connections. I could try to find out your past for you or we could even work towards healing your mind. That is...if you want to of course."

GyraZR1

"Don't actively search for people usually, since I'm not much of people person. Though the crew of my airship home who argue that meeting people is want I need to replace the family I lost. Maybe their right in a way, but I'm stubborn and hardheaded at time." she states while snagging a handful of berries. 'She's like calm pond in a storm. I could actually get used to it if I let myself.' Gyra added silently. Plopping a couple berries in to her mouth, she offered some to Summer. "Yeah I'm knight, but I don't serve any nobles. Only became one cause someone saw that I had knack for subconsciously finding trouble and thought I should be able to extricate myself from it on my own." she said. Thinking over the offer to help retrieve her memories, Gyra often thought of seeking help. But then she wouldn't because she would get tied in something and forget about it for a time.

Shaking her head clear it of silly thoughts, she rolled her shoulder and reminded herself to stop thinking so much. "Thanks for the offer Summer, but I've lived this long without them and have been fine. Figure whatever reason they erased from my mind, guided me to the person I am now. So it can't be all bad, can it?"

Tags: