Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Field Trip... (Eckhart & Blink)

Started by Wrathwyrm, August 18, 2017, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrathwyrm

She wasn't at all surprised that he pulled his hand back after contact.  He felt it, that instinctive contact with necromancy, of the borderlands, the outer limits...  Elise expected it, of course.  It didn't bother her.  This was her reality.  So, Aahva explained that they were nearly there, and now they did seem to be in an area of the island that was more friendly to foreigners...  Was this really the sort of place that the necromancers would hang out?  She doubted that, but before the question could be raised, he had one of his own.

"I told you.  I don't like using zombies.  I prefer bone, fully-armored Bone Soldiers. And..."

She thought about it.

"Mostly it's flailing and screaming that's involved.  I don't exactly give people time to reflect..."

Because usually...this is in the midst of battle or something.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva shot Elise a confused look. "You don't give people a chance to reflect? What the fuck does that mean?" he thought, brow furrowed. "Why even do it at all then?"

Aahva was about to ask exactly that, when something in a store window caught his eye. It was a wall scroll bearing Thanati characters- but upon closer inspection, Aahva doubled over laughing. "HAHAHAHAHA! Look at this! Do you know what that says?" He looked at Elise, grinning madly. "It -*sniffle*- It says "my penis is exceptionally small"! HAHAHAHA!" He looked at the scroll with a look of adulation. "Some foreign fuckwit will actually buy this. That's fucking genius."

Wrathwyrm

Look, uhh...mercy doesn't exactly rank high on her list of priorites.  The vomit spray of her Bone Soldiers wasn't incredibly dangerous.  It was just highly-distracting and useful as a means of getting the upper-hand.  And the point of getting the upper hand is to use it, dammit!  So anyway, they passed by something which was, apparently, very hilarious to Aahva now, but of course Elise couldn't read it.  She had to take his word for it.  Even still...

"That reminds me...  There's something that's confused me here.  I can understand why you hate people.  They obviously make you miserable.  Why do your people hate everybody?"

Xenophobia isn't exactly something that she entirely understood, because ALL people were strange to her, very much due to her strange mindset.  It would be a little hard for her to feel quite the same way too, and the attitude of Thanati was strange too.  It was like Aahva was the only normal person here.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva looked at Elise as if her hair was on fire. "Are you retarded? Like, seriously, were you dropped on your head when you were a kid or something?" He shook his head in disbelief. "I mean, have you seen them? They show up on their boats, talk too loud, point at everything, and then they make a shitty mockery of our culture by buying the fake garbage here!" Aahva gestured to the shop behind him. "I mean, it's so bad that we have a bunch of tard wranglers calling themselves "tour guides" whose sole job is to keep foreign idiots from bothering us normal people."

Aahva crossed his arms. "I mean, what if I showed up where you live and pointed at everything? You'd hate me too!"

Wrathwyrm

She was growing a bit weary of him replying to things she couldn't possibly know without living here and being like the people here with his insults.  She asked because it was not known to her.  Elise gave Aahva a look of 'Remember that I can strip the flesh from your bones' and then stated...

"Quit assuming that I know what you believe to be obvious.  I'm not from around here, and I'm not like other people.  I wouldn't ask if I had the answer, already."

Even still, he began to explain what it was that seemed to bother his people so much.  And from the perspective of a Thanati, she supposed it might be irritating, but then...not only was she not Thanati...she was also not an ordinary being.  He finished up with a 'shoe on the other foot' argument, regarding how she'd react to him being a foreign invader looking over the place.

"For Essyrn, this is just another day.  It's the buying-and-selling capital of the known world.  I don't care for it, nor do I have anything against it."

Unless she or one in her family wanted it to die.

"As for you, you already shout insults at everything you see.  So, what's the difference?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva's eye twitched as Elise chided him. Being spoken down to was something the boy could not stand- he skipped school half the time to avoid having to listen to his teachers scold him. "Stupid, gay-ass, cocksucking piece of shit!" he thought angrily. "No. I won't let you." Fuming, Aahva focused on a single thing she told him and proceeded to dig in deeper.

"What do you mean, you're not like other people? D'you think you're special?" Aahva asked. "Because you're not. Yeah, you have that..."

Aahva stared at the scythe for a moment. There wasn't much farming done on Thanatos, and Aahva had never seen a scythe up until that day.

"... That thing, and you have the fancy armor and the fancy powers, but what are you under all of that? You're not different. You're flesh and blood, just like everyone else." He crossed his arms, his eyes a challenge. "Really, I wanna know. Who the fuck are you?"

Wrathwyrm

The scythe moved so fast that his unprepared self couldn't have prevented it from coming within an inch of his neck if he tried.  She was fast, frighteningly so.  One second, she was still, and the next, she had done that and her brow was furrowed.  She was angry.

"Do you know just how fragile you are?  You are merely flesh and blood, because all you do is cut and bleed.  This body - my body - is just a vessel, a container.  What do I care if it bends or breaks?"

She raised her free hand up and...the arm suddenly snapped at the elbow!  Then, the fingers flew into weird angles as the wrist broke!  Elise only winced.  She'd practiced this.  She'd done this to herself many times, to see if she could.  The arm returned itself to normal immediately after, just like new.

"I am not a human being.  I was created, fashioned, by a pair of immortals who are my mother and father.  My armored shell is closer to my true face than this one, as it is the face of my father and brother."

Not so much her sister or mother, though.  She lowered the scythe and turned to face off to the side.  Her face returned to a deadpan look as she spoke again.

"You've been lying this entire time, and I humored you to see what foolish act you were going to try to pull on me.  You obviously know nothing of necromancy, or what those who push beyond the boundaries of life and death are capable of."

Blink

Figures her parents would send her to deliver fish on a day like today. Actually, it was quite a pleasant one up until she had reached the restaurant and the owners tried to con her out of a decent bargain. She had just spent the last few hours there, arguing over prices only to finally give up. While she was inside a storm had rolled in, a bad one at that. Of course, it would be her luck to have to try and find a way home now in this, even worse she was coming back with less than she was supposed to. She knew it was because of her hair, an omen to her people that caused them to look at her differently. They saw her as this thing to be taken advantage of or this thing that would do nothing but bring bad luck to wherever she was. The fact that a storm was brewing didn't help her case in the slightest.

And so there she was, walking back on some road while the rain drenched her crimson locks. No one would offer her shelter, and tourist would just stare at her like she were crazy. However as she walked she thought she heard a familiar voice, one that was confirmed when she heard it call someone retarded.

"Aahva" Kita's eyes lit up as she began looking for him, knowing he couldn't be that far off. At least now they could be miserable in this damn rain together.

Taking one last turn she finally found him, but what she saw was not what she expected. There was this girl, and she was holding some kind of weapon to his neck. "Not cool" she thought as her pace quickened. But then she stopped, completely thrown off when the girl started moving her arm and fingers in a way she had only ever heard stories of.

"Flesh Sculptor!" she yelled out in Thanati. "Aahva get away from her!"

The girl was saying something, but Kita was not fluent in common so she really didn't understand any of it. It didn't matter anyway, she had seen all that she needed to see. The girl's lips moved and Kita just assumed what was coming out. "Bullshit bullshit bullshit"

By now Kita had closed the distance and was standing beside her friend, glaring at the obvious foreigner making it clear her presence was an unwelcome one.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Well, that was a mistake.

Aahva had finally done it- he finally managed to get under Elise's skin. In an instant, the girl's odd weapon was at his throat. Aahva's breathing grew sharp. "What the fuck is she talking about?" he thought in a panic- then he saw what her arm was doing, and his panic became visible. His lips trembled with fear, and tears began to form in his eyes.

The girl lowered her... crooked spear thing, and proceeded to tell Aahva that she knew he was lying about the necromancers. He took a step back, prepared to run... and then he heard a voice call his name.

Armageddon had arrived.

"Kita?" he replied in Thanati, a look of relief on his face. His best friend soon stood beside him, giving Aahva a newfound sense of security. "Kita, she's a necromancer! She's doing something with her bones!" He gave his friend a worried smile. "I called her a retard, so now she wants me to find more necromancers for her or some stupid shit like that. It's mad gay, you gotta help me!"

He looked at the foreign girl. "Hey Elise, remember when I told you that my friend punches harder than you? You'd better back off before- *sniffle*- before she proves me right."

Wrathwyrm

Panic, and fear.  That was a bit more like it.  A little honesty in the people she was dealing with, at last.  So many people with false confidence, believing themselves invincible before the knife.  Had he really thought that just because he spilt some blood with his sling that he was in any way comparable?  Flesh and blood?  She would love to show some flesh and blood right now.  That embarrassing face he displayed, merely because she broke her own arm and reset it...  He was just a boy, but she played an adult's game.  The Game of Death.

The situation at hand, though, was suddenly interrupted by the appearance of another girl.  A friend?  Really, Elise was surprised that Aahva could keep any, given the way he spoke to everyone.  He began to say things in what she could only assume was Thanati, presumably things about her.  Since she knew Aahva to be a liar, it wouldn't surprise her at all if the account of their confrontation was not entirely accurate.  She didn't care, but...there was one thing: She had kind of liked having someone to talk to, for a change.

Now, the boy was warning her about his tough friend.  Something was wrong with him, though.

"Are you...crying?"

She still failed to recognize his cold.

Blink

Keeping a close eye on the foreigner Kita listened as Aahva explained, nodding as he went on. Her attention was so focused on the other girl in fact that Ankita barely noticed he was crying, or at least until he began speaking to her.

It was true that Kita didn't understand common very well, only knowing really what Aahva had taught her. She was able to pick out a few words here and there like 'friend' or 'me', but the rest was complete gibberish. She had no idea that Aahva was playing her up to be something she really wasn't.

Almost in sync with the other girl Kita also asked almost the same question.

"Why are you crying?" except, hers was far more on a serious note. "Don't tell me this... this..." Kita motioned towards the foreigner. "... this thing made you cry!"

And then she was laughing, shoving Aahva's shoulder. "You seriously let some fucking twit like this make you cry! This is rich Aahva!"

And so the mystery of why they were such good friends was revealed...

"I don't know who is more of an idiot... you or her right now!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva's eyes seemed to glaze over a bit as both girls asked if he was crying. "Shit, what do I say?" he thought anxiously. "I can't let them know I'm getting sick! If Kita knew about my shitty fucking immune system, she'd think I'm weak!" The boy balled his fists. "But I can't let them think I'm crying either! This is so fucking gay!"

Kita shoved on his shoulder, bringing Aahva back to the present. She was laughing at him now. Aahva crossed his arms. "I am not!" he said defensively. "My face is just- *sniffle*- wet from the rain, that's all." He shifted his weight slightly, leaning towards his friend. He wore a smug grin on his face. "Just because you want to cry doesn't mean I do."

Aahva then looked at Elise, eyes narrowed. "Why do you care? You're the one making me run around in this shitty rain!"

Wrathwyrm

Well, the mystery of their friendship wasn't solved by Elise, that's for sure.  She couldn't understand what they were saying, being not taught of Thanati.  The language barrier suddenly made her realize that this might be a problem between her and the necromancers, as well.  That would put a damper on her trip here, no doubt.  And asking Aahva to translate for her - Aahva the liar - did not seem to be a very good prospect.

So anyway, she had no idea what Kita was saying.  It was apparent that it was about her, but it could be anything, at this point.  In fact, Elise was properly confused and distubed by her fit of laughter.  What in ANY form of hell was going on here?  She had no idea what anybody was saying until Aahva finally spoke to her in common.

"I simply noticed you'd been doing it a while.  Still, I don't know what you're saying to your friend, but if you want to keep her, you'd best be telling her NOT to attack.  I am not in the mood..."

Really, she was tiring of his games.  For a moment, he had seemed interesting, but he stepped back into territories of annoying, and she didn't like it.  Making him her undead and skinless slave was looking more and more appealing, at this point.

Blink

Mimicking Aahva, Kita crossed her own arms, shifting her weight to the side as she listened to his excuse. When he leaned in her eyes narrowed, curious what he was up to now.

Who the hell did he think he was saying she wanted to cry?

"Oh, that is just great Aahva. You're sitting over here crying like a pansy and yet somehow it's me that wants to?" He had struck a nerve with the short-tempered girl and it was clear with every action she took.

Agitated Kita flicked her eyes towards the foreigner and tried to read what she could from the conversation the two were having. Again she was only able to pick out a few words here and there but none that made what she was saying any clearer.

Setting her sights on Aahva again it was clear Kita was over the entire situation. "I came over here because it looked like you were in trouble! Yet somehow I feel like I've been dragged into some kind of shitstorm you created."

Bending down Kita grabbed some mud and quickly threw it at Aahva, hoping she could at least hit one eye or just his face in general with it.

"Fuck you Aahva!" Kita then looked at the foreigner and shot her a smartass smile. "Don't come crying to me when this thing turns you into some kind of twisted up decoration for a table somewhere."

"Aahva... idiot. Aahva... dumb. Aahva... gay." Funny how the first words Aahva had tried to teach Kita in common were curse words. Seemed so perfectly fitting now. Regardless, Ankita was happy that she would at least be able to relay her own message to the girl.

"Ankita." Kita then pointed at herself before extending a hand towards the foreigner.

Wrathwyrm

[OOC: By Eckhart's request, I'm going next.]

Okay, actually...Elise thought she might be able to interpret this one.  These two were arguing, and it was about her - obviously - but until now the meaning had been just out of reach.  So, what was it?  Well, clearly, Aahva had been trying to get his friend - the one he said could hit much harder than her - to attack the 'scary necromancer'.  Well...she was a scary necromancer, pretty much on purpose, but that wasn't the point.  The point is that the girl must've been saying 'Are you crazy?  I can't fight someone using dark magic!', or words to that effect.

And that was when Aahva got a face full of mud.

It was a sudden and...oddly satisfying...to see him get a splat in the face.  It even put a smile on Elise's face.  Maybe she should kick up a sandblast and kick up ALL the mud into him...  He fell over into it, so perhaps it was just for the best.  However, before she could put her free hand out to do that, the other girl came over and introduced herself.  This was...strange.  She'd been muttering in Common.  Were they now bonded by 'Aahva can be a real idiot' now?  The necromancer paused, shrugged, then took her hand.

"Elise.  Do you speak much Common?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Shit."

Aahva had forgotten just how quick his friend's temper could be, and she ended up throwing mud in his face. Grunting in pain as the sludge got into his eyes, the boy stumbled back and fell into a puddle. "Shit, damnit, cocksucker!" he thought angrily as he tried to wipe the mud out of his face.

Finally able to see again, he saw the worst possible scenario- Kita and Elise had joined forces. "Oh, come on!" he whined. "Now she'll never-"

Aahva suddenly raised his hand over his nose and held his breath. "No! I don't want them to know!" Finally, he felt the urge subside, and continued.

"Now she's- *ATCHOO*

Nose runny, Aahva slammed his fist into the mud angrily. "Fuck! This is so gay, today is the fucking worst!"

Tags: