Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A son's true home (SilverDragonsBlood) {COMPLETED}

Started by almighyxcavus, August 19, 2017, 08:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

Xanuthos scanned the half-breed for a bit before looking into Kiron's eyes.
You. Have. Promise. But. First. You. Must. Be. Tested.
With a swift whip of his tail, Xanuthos sent Kiron flying into the air.
Just before he was able to steady himself in the air, Xanuthos landed yet another blow.
Jeez, he's fast.
I. Know. Learn. To. Catch. Up.
Xanuthos performed his signature barrel-roll tail whip, thankfully Kiron braced the attack at the last possible moment.
Kiron closed his eyes for a moment, just as Xanuthos was about to land another heavy blow, Kiron spun and counterattacked Xanuthos with a heavy kick to the head, causing Xanuthos to lose his balance in the air for a moment. Xanuthos stared at his grandnephew in a slight awe and pride.
You. Just. Like. Grandfather.
A voice echoed in Aithusa's mind:
Hell yeah he is, and seriously work on your parenting skills, Amelia is practically dying from laughing too hard.
Xanuthos focused on Kiron and closed his eyes.
Observe. Child.
Oh, this is gonna be good. Zu's voice echoed again.
Xanuthos soared high into the air, he began to corkscrew, each rotation was faster than the last until he appeared as a star tornado in the night sky. He then let out a breath of blue flame that engulfed his entire body.
It was a beauty that no mortal, not even Zu had ever had the pleasure of laying eyes upon. Xanuthos became a shimmering black, blue, and white spiraling comet soaring through the night sky.
He stopped for a moment, but that was all that was needed. He sprouted his shimmering wings and the flames exploded off his body. He spouted blue fire into the air as the rest of the flame covered his entire body, making him just as large as Aithusa in his dragon form, if not bigger.
THIS. IS. TRUE. FORM. I. TEACH. YOU. HOW. TO. WIELD. If. You. Are. Willing. To. Learn.
Kiron stood there in awe his jaw wide open with a giant smile.
"That is... beautiful, teach me everything please."
Xanuthos banished the fire into the sky, and guided Kiron back down to the ground with his parents.
Xanuthos looked at Aithusa
I. Can. Teach. You. As. Well. But. Not. As. Powerful. Your. Son.
Has. More. Potential.

Celegwen

I'm good, ol' buddy, Aithusa thought. I've still got some tricks up my sleeves.

"Xanu, that was incredible!" Celegwen said.

Aithusa looked upward at the eternal sky, Zukiro's image almost seeming to be formed from the stars. He knew it was just his mind, but the wolf's voice haunting his mind started to let Aithusa make connections to him everywhere.

Celegwen rubbed her son's arm. "Welcome to Xanuthos, Kiron," she said. "You'll get used to him showing off."

"Showing off?" Aithusa said almost breathlessly. "Gwen, you're a goddamn captain in the Dragonriders and you have two dragons! And you say Xanu is a showoff?"

She folded her arms across her chest. "You might be my husband, but I can still kick your ass."

Aithusa grinned and walked over to Xanu, patting him on the leg. Work with him all you want, but don't kill him! He made his way to Celegwen and kissed her forehead. "Get some rest. It's guy time."

She smiled and squeezed his hand, before walking into the tent.

Aithusa smirked and glanced at the sky again. It's a little late in the game to give him a timeout, Zu. Aithusa watched Kiron and Xanuthos get acquainted and smiled softly. He's a fine young man.

Aithusa took a few steps backward, then sprinted at full speed toward Kiron and Xanu. "Heads up, boys!" He shouted, leaping into the air and shifting into his dragon form. He just missed Xanuthos with the razor ends of his wings, lifting himself higher into the air and beckoning them both to join him.

almighyxcavus

Xanuthos with a swift sprint lunged himself into the air, Kiron followed. Kiron passed Xanuthos and kept up with his father, circling the encampment with blazing speeds.
If you could teach me how to use that without my emotions I would greatly appreciate that.
Time. For. Fun. Teach. Later.
"Dad! I'll race you to Ketra and back! First one back has to be the other a gallon of ale! Deal?" Kiron shouted as he flew next to his father's ear, or at least what Kiron thought was the ear.
If. I. Win. I. Get. Two. Barrel.
Kiron flew next to his father waiting for him to accept this daring challenge.

Celegwen

Avoid arrogance, kid! Aithusa sneered, lunging forward at his natural speed. Kiron at the very least kept up with his father, but it was obvious there was an intense effort as he began to pull ahead. Xanu stayed back, and Aithusa knew he was just saving his energy for the return.

Aithusa and Kiron raced neck and neck, taking turns pulling ahead. Aithusa was making sure not to overpower his son, as he knew little tricks for faster flights, but he didn't completely slack.

Reaching Ketra, Kiron had a slight advantage in maneuverability because of his size. He whipped around, while the two full size dragons flipped in the air like swimmers and started back. Xanuthos started to reveal his true speed against the two of them, and Aithusa knew there was no hope for him or Kiron in beating the black dragon...without a little help.

Kiron, wings out, head down, eyes closed, he thought with a smirk.

Aithusa fell back slightly, positioning himself directly behind his son. He closed his eyes, breathing deeply, and opened them with a toothy grin. His blue eyes flowed as though blue lightning was shooting inside of them. The blue lightning suddenly spread across Aithusa's entire body, the electrical blue bolts popping beautifully against his pure white form.

He took a long breath and thrust all of the electrical energy into a great, blue fireball that shot ahead of Kiron. As soon as Kiron flew into the ball, he became supercharged. His crimson eyes turned blue, and his speed was magnified more than ever before. Aithusa smiled at Xanu's surprised expression with the same arrogance he warned Kiron to avoid.

almighyxcavus

What. What is this father? I feel as if I can soar across the entire world in less than a second! This isn't flare-flame is it?
Kiron looked as if he was teleporting in the air, he was moving so fast everything else looked as if it had slowed down.
He stopped just before the hut again, practically making a small crater from his landing, his father just barely came before him.
"OK NOW THAT WAS AWESOME, I DONT CARE WHO WON THE BET BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT WAS."
Kiron was ecstatic beyond belief, he had never flown that fast ever in his life, and to do it with his entire armor set on, made it that more exciting to learn.
Xanuthos did you see that!
Yes. I. Saw. I. Not. Know. Aithusa. Could. Do. That.
Xanuthos perched himself gracefully atop a nearby spire. He focused on Aithusa but made sure to tell Kiron as well.
Kiron. Has. Great. Potential. I. Can. Teach. How. To. Control. Flare.
Flame. But. Father. Will. Teach. You. How. To. Master.

Kiron was grinning ear to ear he couldn't hold back his excitement, so much so he bear hugged his father.

Celegwen

Still in his dragon form, Aithusa's large hand was enough to return the hug. He glanced at Xanuthos, then shifted into his human form. After smoothing out his silver hair, Aithusa shook his head.

"That had nothing to do with flare-flame," he said, quite literally rolling up his sleeves. "That, my boy, was something I like to call 'the charge.' Came up with it myself. Now, not really I can teach you, but I can help you to teach yourself. It taps into the energy of your soul."

He winked at Xanu, smirking like an asshole. You haven't seen anything yet, old friend.

Aithusa clapped his hands, then rubbed them together. "So! What kind of ale might we be sucking down tonight?"

almighyxcavus

Kiron chuckled at his father's bland naming system for abilities.
"Really? 'THE CHARGE' OOOOOOOH SOOOO scaaaryy!"
Aithusa didn't appreciate Kiron's mocking of the ability considering how powerful it felt. But Kiron couldn't help it, it was a very 'uncool' name.
"Father, lets get some drinks in me and maybe I can think up a better name for that ability of yours. With all due respect it seems very powerful, and thus I feel it needs to have a better name than just 'THE CHARGE'. Personally I would like to try some of mother's favorite drinks if possible?"
Xanuthos felt a little out of place, he was completely used to the feeling when it came to dealing with Zukiro's accomplishes but this was more so on the lines of family.
I. be. Back. Drink. Without. Me.
Xanuthos took to the sky with a sonic boom in his wake. He needed to be somewhere else for the time being.

Celegwen

"You might be my son, but I'll still kick your ass," Aithusa said, smirking at Kiron. "It might not sound scary, but there's a method to that. If your enemies here you have a secret weapon with a really powerful name, they'll prepare with a really powerful defense. If you have a really powerful weapon with a bland name, I guarantee your enemies will be quite underprepared."

The white dragon gave his son a genuine smile. Kiron was a smart soldier, but Aithusa had years of experience that the young man just didn't. And considering the circumstances, he was more than happy to share his wisdom with Kiron.

When Xanuthos took off, the sonic boom barely affected Aithusa and Kiron. Kiron had the natural potential for the same ability, while Aithusa was simply able to resist the power. Xanu's sudden disappearance struck a chord with Aithusa. The dragons had known each other long enough to be able to understand each other without words. He could tell Xanu was having troubles, but decided not to follow.

Aithusa shook himself out of his thoughts and put his hand on his son's shoulder. "Your mother's a weak drinker. Smart woman, but has a taste for weak ale. Let's see just how alike you two really are." He laughed and they started back to town on foot that time.

almighyxcavus

The two made their way back to Celegwen who was patiently awaiting her family's return once more.
Kiron entered the tent and spoke:
"Mother, father says you have a taste for weak ale is this true? I never pictured a soldier like you liking something so dull. Well that explains why you and father are together." Kiron started uncontrollably laughing at his joke. But something was odd about Kiron's breath, it was practically spring but everytime he exhaled it was like a small wind of winter poured out of his mouth. Seeing the cloud of winter smoke Kiron felt his breath: "What the? Do I have ice breath now or-"
Kiron completely passed out his body grew cold, very cold.

Past Ketra, past Serendipity, past Connlaoth, Xanuthos made his way back into the northern tundra known as Hyoite looking for something, someone.
He found himself at the spire where he once lost something in exchange for his great nephew.
After a few hours she appeared above him, her white skin reflecting the rays of the true aurora borealis.
Hello. Sister.

Celegwen

"That's not ice breath," Aithusa said. He practically ripped Celegwen's cloak off and covered Kiron with it. The cloak wasn't very warm, but it was better then nothing. Even so, what was plaguing Kiron wasn't anything that could be fought from the outside, but rather it was attacking from the inside. And from the progression, it had been for quite some time.

Celegwen looked at Aithusa's suspiciously knowing expression. "How do you know that? Aithusa, what the hell is going on?"

"Xanuthos left just a minute ago," he said. "No way this is a coincidence. Dress warmly. We're going after him."

The Elf's eyes widened. "You don't think-"

"No, of course not. I just think he knows more than he's saying. Get ready! Warm clothes!"

"I'm warm! Let's go!"

Aithusa took a breath. "No, furs. Now. Hurry up. We're going north." He shifted into his dragon form and took Kiron in his hands. The dragon's magical heat might not be about to stop whatever was happening, but it could slow the progression. Celegwen ran over with his furs on and her sword at her side. She leapt onto Aithusa's saddle, and he took to the sky with a single flap of his wings.

Aithusa flew with Xanuthos' scent guiding his way. He reached Hyoite in less than four hours.

Xanuthos! Aithusa shouted into the snowy horizon, as he used the frigid currents to fly smoothly.

almighyxcavus

Sathurra's borelian cloak flowed ever so elegantly as she summoned another ice spire to perch herself on. She was slightly bigger than her brother but due to Xanuthos's times with Zukiro, he has learned much more than Sathurra thinks.
"Hello, brother finally come back to stay in Hyoite instead of your petty vacations? Of course not, I know that look in your eye and it confirms to me exactly whats going on."
Her laugh was nothing short of maniacal and evil.
HELP. KIRON. NOW. WE. MADE. PROMISE.
Sathurra continued her laughter.
"You honestly think I was just going to let your nephew just live in the ENTIRE REGION YOU TERRAFORMED FOR HIS CRAP RECRUITS HA! AS IF! Every year I visited that land, and made it worse and worse each and everytime. I made sure to-"
I. AM. AWARE. YOU. BITCH.
Xanuthos left the spire so fast it shattered completely. With a swift roll-whip with his tail, Sathurra was sent flying into the snowy ground leaving a line of rubble a half mile long. After attempting to get up Sathurra was pounded further into the frozen ground. Xanuthos had stomped her face into the ground and kept doing so until Sathurra blasted him out of the hole he made.
DIE.
Readjusting himself he unleashed his ultimate form of flare-flame, a pure white silhoutte of flame that was twice the size of Sathurra mixed with black lightning. He kicked Sathurra up into the air, he released the silhouette which flew through Sathurra with sonic booms. All the while Xanuthos was flying at light speed landing blow after blow with his tail and claws. He was able to do consecutive front flip balls into Sathurra's face, stomach, and anywhere that would and could severly damage her. The lightning made his practically invisible.
Within the beatings Sathurra grinned.
"Fool."
Sathurra sprouted a borelian shield from her cloak that blocked one of Xanuthos attacks, which gave her enough time to freeze the silhoutte of flame out of existence.
"Your circus tricks wont work on me and you know it.
He has gotten stronger, by a significant margin.
Sathurra began to circle mid-air forming a frozen storm of ice and crystals. They implanted themselves into Xanuthos. He burned the majority of them away due to his natural heat.
Xanuthos!
Xanuthos heard Aithusa's voice calling across the frozen horizon.
"Ooh is that your friends and OH KIRON, HE HAS ALREADY STARTED TO FALL TO FROZEN HEART FEVER, HAHA! I think I'll pay them a visit."
Sathurra darted herself across the tundra, she saw Aithusa and prepared to freeze him completely.
I. TOLD. YOU. TO. DIE.
Xanuthos's scales turned a brilliant white-gold, he appeared to be a second sun with his radiating heat.
"DO. NOT. TOUCH. MY. FAMILY."
Xanuthos's voice reverberrated across the tundra.
"I. AM. THE. BROTHER. OF. THE. LIGHT. LEAVE. MY. FAMILY. ALONE. YOU. ICE. WHORE."
Xanuthos grew to double Aithusa's size and developed two arms and hands to work with. He pushed his arms forward and in a small instant, a ball the size of Aithusa made of pure sun-energy was hurled at Sathurra.
"Well... fuck."
Sathurra, began summoning everything she could to protect herself from the blast. The only thing that seemed to work was spouting as much crystal breath at the ball as she could.
Xanuthos turned to Aithusa:
"What. The. Hell. Are. You. Doing. Here."
If Sathurra moved an inch she would be completely obliterated.

Celegwen

Aithusa stayed in flight, not really looking forward to getting in the middle of the fight between Xanu and his sister. Clearly there were deep family issues that didn't need to involve a third party.

Help him, Aithusa said to Xanu. The only other case of frozen heart fever I heard of was my father. He didn't make it. He looked at Sathurra fighting off the blast with a decent amount of fear in her eyes. Xanu, he's my son.

Meanwhile, a girl born of ice heard the battle of dragons. She saw the borelian cloak that could only have belonged to the white dragon. The guardian of the tundra, as far as Taiga could tell. She whipped her sled around, and Calconirr started running toward the battle, pulling her behind him.

There was more going on than she had thought. A white-gold dragon conversion with a white dragon that had a rider. Must be Dragonriders, she thought. What the hell are they doing so far north?

Taiga urged Calconirr faster. She leapt off the back of the sled and gripped her staff tightly. Her silver eyes started radiating electric energy, as she held her staff high above her head. Sathurra and the blast were directly above Taiga, and the energy from the fighting was causing surges that felt similar to minor earthquakes.

She shot ice particles into the blast, but it barely seemed to make a difference. Looking at her staff, Taiga sighed. She treasured her staff, as it had been with her since childhood, but she couldn't just abandon Sathurra. Ever since she remembered, Taiga loved the dragon. They had never personally met, but she loved watching the borealis in the sky or the shimmering form as the flew.

With a strong fling, Taiga hurled her ice staff into the center of the blast. It caused a massive explosion, blowing the three dragons out of the air and Taiga into a decent crater, which she was able to climb out of when the shock passed.

Aithusa protected Celegwen and Kiron from any real damage, but they all definitely had some serious bruises. Taiga smiled at Sathurra with a sparkle in her eye and fixed her icy-blonde hair.

almighyxcavus

After recovering from the blast Sathurra glanced over at the ice-born child and made a mental note of what she looked like. She flew over to her and spoke:
"Thank yo-"
Xanuthos came flying by with a holy dragon punch straight into Sathurra's jaw sending her flying.
He looked down at the girl and grabbed her, with a stern yet non-threatening voice he told the girl:
"This. Is. Not. Your. Fight. Stay. Out. Of. This. Please."
He flew her back towards Kiron and the others for safety. How they handled her was not of Xanuthos's concern at that moment.
Sathurra arose from her crater.
"Your nephew is going to die! HAHAHA, that'll show you what it means to be apart of this land!"
Sathurra transformed into a form of herself that was on par with Xanuthos. Her scaleless skin was covered with ice crystals.
She darted across the tundra landing blow after blow to her brother, freezing him every opportunity he could. She froze his arm and dismembered it entirely.
After the blast Xanuthos had used a lot of his energy, maybe too much.
Kiron opened his eye to see his uncle being completely annihilated, limbs being frozen and blown completely off, no attempt at retaliation.
Xanuthos fell to the ground with no wings, an arm, a leg, and his head. He crawled his way over to Kiron.
Kiron even though he had a severe pain in his heart, released himself from his mother's grasp and hugged his uncle's giant head.
"I'm. Sorry." Kiron spoke with tears rolling down his cheeks.
No. I. Was. Weak. You. Are. More. Powerful. Than. I. Ever. Thought. It. Is. Time.
With a giant ice and borelian spear, Sathurra plunged it deep into Xanutho's heart. Xanuthos began to fade into stardust.
"No! No! Don't leave! Please!" Kiron was coughing blood.
I. Will. Not. Leave. For. I. Am. Forever. With. You. You. Are. Family. Take. Zerros. And. Stab. My. Heart. Before. I. Fade. I. Have. One. More. Thing. For. You. Please.
Kiron grasping for air, unsheathed his blade and walked over to the hole where the spear punctured Xanuthos.
Sathurra laughed:
"Child! What are you doing? He's already dead! And soon you will be too! HA HA HAA!"
Ignoring her devilish voice, Kiron with a stream of tears, plunged his sword into the fading dragon's heart.
A burst of glowing white light emerged from the wound, enveloping Kiron. He felt warm again, so warm that the leather holds for his armor melted off, which left him practically naked within the frozen tundra, but this warmth accommodated for that.
I. Will. Always. Be. With. You. Xanuthos's voice faded as the rest of his body turned to stardust.
A glowing white half halo in the shape of dragon horns appeared in front of Kiron.
Take. It. Xanuthos's voice echoed.
He placed the halo above his head, a giant blue flame silhouette of Xanuthos appeared behind Kiron. It dove itself into his heart causing all of his scales to line with a golden-white glow around them. His eyes spewed white flames as they glowed brilliantly.   
"Wow, nice color change child, but that won-"
Kiron landed a HARD blow to her stomach causing Sathurra to cough up major amounts of stardust.
"That was for Nessos, the one that died due to hypothermia." Kiron's voice boomed.
"What are you talk-" Another blow into the jaw.
"That was for Tara, she died of starvation after fleeing."
What is thi-
A swift flaming roundhouse to the face sent Sathurra flying, even though she was practically 20 times the size of this dragon man!
"That was for ME, for MY PAIN."
"CHILD STOP I AM THE GUARDIAN OF THI-"
Sathurra lost sight of Kiron...
until she looked up.
Kiron's voice was low, but everyone could hear it.
"This is for Xanuthos, who did everything he could to take you down, you ice whore.
Holy Dralforian punch."
Kiron's fist glowed a bright white with flames enveloping his entire arm, a punch that can only rival a god's power. It landed dead center in Sathurra's chest, a giant white mushroom cloud appeared above the pit that was made from this god-like punch. Aithusa attempted to protect Celegwen from the blast but it was no use. The three were launched far away, even Aithusa in his dragon form was knocked back a SIGNIFICANT distance.
Sathurra wasn't dead unfortunately, but she was severely damaged, she had lost an arm and leg. She was motionless in the pit.
The halo disappeared, and Kiron flew back to his family making sure that his mother was alright.
He found her face first in the snow, he cradled his mother in his arms. His natural heat keeping her warm.
"Mother are you alright?" 

Celegwen

Celegwen shook the snow and ice from her face and hair, then hugged Kiron tightly. "I thought I lost you again," she said, smiling.

Aithusa ignored the cold, as it barely bothered him. He glanced over to make sure Gwen and Kiron were okay and saw Taiga leap onto the sled and start in the direction of Sathurra. He could've easily stopped her, but it wasn't important. He walked slowly over to the large print that clearly defined Xanuthos' silhouette, his wings hanging slightly. He ran his clawed hand around the deeply imprinted snow with an indescribable pain burning through him.

He was family, Aithusa said into the air, knowing Sathurra could hear him. I will make you-

"Aithusa!" Celegwen called, standing with her hand resting on her sword. The white dragon turned his head to look at his wife and son. She simply shook her head. "We loved him, too. Don't abandon one family to avenge another."

Aithusa breathed heavily, blowing a small bit of ash out of his nostrils. He took a step back and spread his wings fully, lowering his head. He released a blue flame, cold fire, over the print in the snow. When the flame stopped, it was a glassy image of the end of Xanuthos' final battle.

He shifted into his human form and hugged Kiron and Celegwen. "It wasn't supposed to end like this," he whispered, fighting tears.

Celegwen smiled and gently separated from him. "Every end is a beginning. You should know that by now. Look."

The three of them looked into the sky. This time, Aithusa knew he wasn't imagining it because he had seen it before, only too briefly. Xanuthos soared through the night, his figure made of stars with Zukiro on his back. Aithusa laughed, patting Kiron on the shoulder and hugging Celegwen to his side.

You sons of bitches, he said to the stars. Aithusa looked at his family smiling up at the sky, then looked back to the starry night. Don't be strangers.

almighyxcavus

"Goodness gracious you must be blind if you think that's us up there! And XANUTHOS WHY THE HELL DIDNT YOU EVER TELL ME YOU COULD DO THAT YOU CRAZY BASTARD."
"Sorry."

Zukiro appeared behind his family, his cosmic skin flowing with galaxies, Xanuthos's astral form laid next to Zukiro.

The three looked behind them, their faces filled with joy beyond belief. Celegwen and Aithusa came to hug the astral werewolf, whilst Kiron sat next to Xanuthos.

"First and foremost there's no way in hell or in oblivion I'd ever be a stranger, mainly since I'm everywhere and everything at the same time all the time. Plus, you two need to learn to control this child because he almost killed my only hot sister ok?"

Amelia came riding in with her astral unicorn, she promptly greeted her family before turning to Zukiro with a smile and backhanding his astral face. "I hope you are aware I can send you back and make you immortal so you can never see me again." Zukiro responded with a well practiced and groaned "Yes, deeeaaaaar." Amelia rolled her mismatching astral eyes and glanced over at Celegwen. "Ohhh, so you're the lovely lady that Zu captured a while ago. Hold on I have something for you." Amelia turned to Zukiro again and with a smile, she kicked him in his astral nuts. "She barely even looks like me you idiot." Zukiro responded with pain clearly breaking his voice, "Y-y-yes honey, I-I-I'm sorry."

After giving her husband the punishment he deserved, Amelia made his way over to Xanuthos who was peacefully laying next to Kiron, even in the frozen tundra, it looked they could've fell asleep right then and there.

"Kiron? Is that my sweet and mighty grandson? Come here and give grandma a kiss on her astral cheek!" Kiron stood and embraced his grandmother, she may have practically been a ghost, but meeting her and his grandfather were the most important things in his life right now.

"Oh, your so skinny my dear! We need to fatten you up! If I was alive I would make you a feast that any king would dream to have!" Zukiro stepped towards his grandson. "Kiron remember this phrase, it is the most important thing to ever remember: 'GRANDFATHER YOU ARE AMAZING!' If you chant that every night, guaranteed that girls will come to you every day for the rest of your life." Kiron chuckled.

"Alright, lets get out of this tundra before everybody freezes, sweetey send Fluffernutter home, you're riding with me on Xanuthos." "yOu ArE rIdInG wItH mE oN xAnUtHoS." She mocked.

Celegwen

"Fluffernutter," Aithusa said, chuckling and nudging Celegwen with his elbow. "That's what I call Aby when she's in her rabbit form."

"Yes, and I mock you for it," she said with a smirk.

Aithusa gave a defeated sigh through a smile and walked over to Amelia and Kiron. "Amelia, it's an honor to finally meet you." He bowed to her and kissed her hand politely. He lowered his voice, glancing over at Gwen and Zukiro. "She doesn't even remember what happened when he took her, so that little punishment..." He lifted his pant leg to reveal the extremely visible scars that covered his calf. "...was definitely more pleasurable for me to watch."

Gwen whistled, and Aithusa looked back. He rolled his eyes and walked over to her. She looped her arm around his. "Told you that works," she said to Zu.

"My name works just as well," he said. He tipped a nonexistent hat to Zukiro with a bow of his head, then shifted into his dragon form.

Gwen hugged Zukiro one more time and turned to Kiron. "You're riding home with me," she said. At his slightest protest, she held up her finger. "Listen to your mother! It's been a crazy day!"

almighyxcavus

Kiron wasn't going to fight his mother's orders, what she said goes. He chuckled and groaned: "Yeeees, Mother."

"He may be riding with you but you guys will be following me!" Zu shouted. He stepped onto Xanuthos astral back, they shot into the air. Zukiro was surfing on Xanuthos just like the good ol days. Zukiro whispered to Xanuthos: "you know we don't have that much power to keep these forms right?" Xanuthos looked back at his partner and smiled. "Kiron. Take. Care. Of. Us. Until. Then."

When Kiron had taken the halo from Xanuthos's body, a massive amount of energy was released from him. So much so that it could make Zu, Amelia, and Xanu's astral bodies tangible. But not for long, at best they had until the end of the day.

The group flew down from the north, back to Kiron's hut. Although he had not necessarily prepared for visitors, his accommodated for practically any situation.

The group landed around the forge, Zukiro admiring the work his grandson had made.
"This is absolutely amazing, it's practically unbreakable!", Kiron responded: "That's the motto gramps, now lets drink up for this occasion!"

Kiron slithered into the back of his forge and grabbed three large barrels of golden ale. "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, I NEVER SAW YOU GET THEM. BEST. GRANDSON. EVER." Zu swiftly lifted Kiron onto his astral shoulders dancing, drinking, and just having a wonderful time.

Celegwen

Celegwen admired the structure of the forge from a military captain's view. She smirked, an impressed sparkle in her green eye. He really is my boy, she thought to herself, looking over at Kiron and Zukiro swinging each other around.

The decades in the military had taken its toll on her festive side. When last she saw Zukiro, he had been behind her getting together with the love of her life. It was a joyous and exciting occasion, but it was different now. She didn't jump up and dance with her family. Instead, she walked around the perimeter, examining it for any minor defaults.

Meanwhile, Aithusa stayed close to Zukiro, Xanuthos, and Kiron while they drank and danced and celebrated. He watched Gwen keep a distance from the celebration, but knew that she wasn't really a festive girl anymore. Hell, the last time she sang just to sing was when Kiron was taken from them. He looked at her with slight sadness in his eyes, but focused on his son and the closest man he had to a father.

The dragon sat with his foot tapping and an almost empty pint in his hand. "Alright," he said when the boys stopped to grab another drink. "Forgive me for cutting this short, but I have somewhere to be. My troops are stationed not far, and I never told them their commanders were leaving." He smirked and shrugged his shoulders, placing the pint on the table. "I'll be back in a few hours. In the meantime, Zu, can ya keep an eye on my wife? I think my boy can handle himself." He winked with a smile, shifting into his dragon form and taking to the air with a flap of his wings.

Gwen watched the white dragon soar into the sky and shook her head. "Can you sit still for one minute?" She shouted after him, not expecting an answer. She walked over to Kiron and smiled. "Promise me, when you marry the love of your life, you'll do a better job of communicating than your father does!"

almighyxcavus

Kiron slightly drunk, embraced his mother and whispered into her ear: "Don't worry, I won't." He pulled away laughing hysterically. "It's a joke mother! But considering our recent events I might want to focus on that a little more." Kiron chuckled slightly. "Speaking of troops actually..."

Kiron stepped outside, thankfully he had trained the troops well, they were already in formation waiting for orders. Kiron's commander's voice boomed once again: "I THANK YOU ALL FOR EXCUSING MY LEAVE OF ABSENCE. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN TRAINING IS ANYWHERE NEAR OVER! IN ONE MONTH'S TIME WE LEAVE FOR HYOITE. I SUGGEST YOU ALL START PACKING SOON. A CARRIAGE WILL ARRIVE ONCE A WEEK TO SEND ALL SUPPLIES UP NORTH! IT IS UP TO YOU TO PREPARE, ALSO EACH SOLDIER CAN SEND UP AS MANY SUPPLIES AS THEY CAN FIT ON THE CARRIAGE! BE WISE WITH YOUR DECISIONS! ALSO YOU ALL SHALL NOW REFER TO ME AS KIRON! DISMISSED!"

The army of recruits replied with a hardy: "SIR YES SIR!" Followed by a chant: "KIRON! KIRON! KIRON! KIRON!"
Half these soldiers won't return from Hyoite. Damn shame.

Kiron walked back into the hut and began drinking with his grandfather again. Amelia had pulled Celegwen off to the side. "Is everything all right? I know you aren't a dancing woman anymore, but something is on your mind! You can trust me! Im basically a mother anyways." She chuckled.

Celegwen

Celegwen smiled, shaking her head and leaning against the wall. She didn't enter the hut to be with Zu or Kiron, but rather stayed outside to watch the troops. "He's grown up into such an amazing young man," she said, looking toward the hut where laughter was emanating from. "There was nothing more I wanted for over twenty years than to be reunited with my son. I just can't forget that I was never there as a mother."

Consciously, Gwen knew there was nothing that could have been done to change what happened. Kiron was taken as an infant, and there was nothing that could have been done to stop it from happening. Still, through the eyes of a mother, she was at fault and no amount of rationale could change that guilt.

"Yes, I used to love festivities and celebrations, but -" She shook her head, rubbing the back of her neck. "The last time I celebrated was when Aithusa and I got married. The last time I sang just to sing was when I could hold Kiron in my arms." Her arms almost automatically made the shape as if she were holding a baby.

"All of those times were in celebration of family, of one unit. If I celebrate now, I'd be doing so with the knowledge that you, Xanu, and Zukiro are not going to be here forever, that my son is leaving for Hyoite, and that my jackass of a husband has basically stopped talking to me when he makes a strategic decision of any kind. It's just not a family celebration anymore."

Tags: