Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New beginnings (SilversDragonsBlood, Darkhor, Catalina)

Started by almighyxcavus, August 30, 2017, 07:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

CRRRRRRRAAAACK
"DAMMIT, ugh, having to reforge this sword every couple of weeks is going to kill me."
After cleaving through another small mountain in the Kilanthro's, Kiron's famously unstoppable blade Zerros had begun to crack again. He soared his way back to his hut extinguishing his blue flare-flame on the way back.
"At least I can consistently channel flare-flame now, before Xanuthos came along I barely even knew it existed let alone control it."
He chuckled a bit as he landed outside of his forge hut, he looked up into the sky, and recognized a cloud that looked just like his grand-uncle.
Thank you. You fought like none other that I had ever seen before, I hope you, grandfather,
and grandmother are all happy up there.

He stepped into the hut, sitting on his old dusty anvil chair. He laid Zerros down onto the anvil and begun his usual repairs.
After taking 2 more hours than it should have to finish repairs...
"What the hell is going on, I've been repairing you for the last 5 hours! Why are you still not fixed!" Kiron sighed, " I need to find him, he'll tell me whats wrong with Zerros."
After many tests, Kiron concluded that Zerros couldnt handle flare-flame being pumped into it anymore. The broadsword, even with it's obsidian origins along with Kiron's own scales, just could not handle the power difference. He can still cleave normally, he just cant pump flare-flame otherwise Zerros will be torn apart.
"Better pack up this'll be a long journey. Ill stop by the tavern in Ketra before I head out, maybe I'll see mother."
After gathering his belongings, Kiron soared through the night arriving in Ketra just before midnight. He went to his grandfather's favorite tavern in the hopes to see his parents before his journey. He knew his mother didnt drink, but she and his father were ALWAYS together so it would make sense to see them both.
Surprisingly the tavern was pretty empty for the night, no sign of Kiron's parents anywhere. He pulled up a chair next this gigantic man, he had skeleton looking face but with skin, and wings that resembled a harpy. Kiron was never one to judge especially since he was practically the only one of his kind to ever exist. After asking the bartender for his usually blue sweet ale, Kiron turned his head to the man and smiled.
"Hello, there haven't seen someone like you around here, whats your name?"

Darkhor Saurguse

Darkhor had been drinking all night long but it almost had no effect on him. The tavern unusually silent and empty but he was main causation of this. He continued to drink from his mug spilling some of his mead onto himself and onto the floor. What happened earlier in the day had the utmost stressful time for the poor drakkollis. His son had decided that it was suddenly OK to wander off and outright steal from a merchant coming across town.

Raukaas was such a little monster at the very moment forcing himself to have to chase him down and make him return the stolen object. "That was one hell of a bitch of a time." It was already frustrating enough that his son Raukaas had swallowed some poisonous berries and nearly dying from the week before and then today the THEFT. How could the young little drakkollis be so stupid?! Darkhor squeezed his mug tightly until his hand turned white already lifting it up in the air.

Then someone sat by him saying hello and asking his name. His eyes widened and he smashed the mug down grinding his teeth. The drakkollis was hunched over and then smashed his mug down growling, "DARKHOR SAURGUSE! DON'T YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO I AM?!" Then finally looking in the dralf's direction he suddenly calmed and tilted his head, "OH my... I am so sorry I thought you were another one of... those... those... THINGS... if you know what I'm talking about..."

He pointed at the very few people who were in the corner of the tavern suggesting that they were what he was talking about. The drakkollis hissed in a low tone, "You're quite... new here... I've never seen your kind before."

almighyxcavus

"My good sir, this is my grandfather's favorite tavern in all of Ketra, the entire town practically knows me." Kiron chuckled and placed a hand on Darkhor's shoulder.
"That group in the corner is ALWAYS there, well at least every time im here. Adela is a very accepting nation, so long as you have the strength to prove yourself, you'll be fine."
Kiron took his hand off Darkhor's shoulder and grabbed the pint of blue ale, it was her mother's favorite, and he loved it. Kiron chugged half the pint before turning back to Darkhor.
"I know you're unreasonably drunk at the moment, but you seem able bodied. You see I'm on a journey to upgrade my sword due to it not having the capacity to withstand my flare-flame ability, I need help finding my old master, heard he was somewhere in or near serendipity, but I would need help carrying all my supplies. Any chance you would care to join me?"

Darkhor Saurguse

"Hhhhhhhhh.... well... I... ways aware not! Sorry nah... having almost nothing ta do round anywas why not do sou?" Darkhor had heard Kiron's words and soon found himself searching for his son. Wandering out of the tavern he called out for Raukaas who almost immediately came over. Afterwards the drakkollis was helping carrying some of the supplies and traveling out of Adela. This trip was going to be to Serendipity just as Kiron said.

But Darkhor was only following the dralf's lead. What else much there was to do? Nothing really. So on he went but it would be at least something to pick up a rogue job of some sort. Along the way to Serendipity he asks, "So... This sword of yours that you need to repair means this much to you? That you have to travel across the lands?"

The drakkollis and the dralf having gone for over a week or so decided it best to set up camp for the day. Darkhor would occasionally find something to do usually seemingly like an idiot who didn't know what he was even doing in the first place but proved himself otherwise that he wasn't as stupid as he was acting here and there. Sitting down and resting he wondered about Kiron's kind if there were others and wasn't the only one. Staring with his glowing blue eyes without noticing that he'd been doing so the entire time other thoughts began to enter his mind. "He certainly is... interesting but... I have my own things that I need to do... Why is it that I am all the way out here? But then again... I don't have a real home in the first place..."

almighyxcavus

As they were setting up camp for the night,  Kiron cleaved a nearby tree to make a log to sit by the fire, he was a tough person, but he always enjoyed the soothing warmth of a makeshift campfire.
He laid down on the log, resting his head just before the tip, he laid Zerros down on the ground next to him and stared up at the starry night.
"Yup, unfortunately I'm the only one of my kind that I know so far at least, born of a Elf mother and a shapeshifting dragon, they named me Kiron. And to answer your first question, yes, this blade means a lot to me. A good friend of mine helped me forge it, has never broken nor cracked for the last 12 years. But that was because it was used to the old me. After finally finding my parents and learning to harness my hidden ability, Zerros couldn't handle it, and if I lose Zerros I lose apart of myself. Considering I quite literally forged some of my scales into it." He chuckled, he saw an outline of a wolf and a girl in the stars "it just has too many memories for me to just throw away.
And I don't ever want to hear that again, if you ever need a home you talk to me, I may not be accepted in Connlaoth, but I'm highly respected.
I got to ask, where is your wife? I'm assuming so since you went looking for your son."
Kiron was running his claws along Zerros's blade, getting annoyed everyone he came across a crack.

Darkhor Saurguse

Darkhor had almost not paid a single time of attention up until he got an answer. "I see... I completely understand that. Something that carries a many memories is never to be abandoned. And you... being a one of a kind. Reminds me of when my kind was nearly wiped to extinction and for a long time I thought I was the last." Then Kiron asked the question about his wife. Becoming more silent, "She has died a while ago... all I have of her remains lies here with me." Darkhor showed the bracelet but pulled back quickly holding himself to not lose it.

The last thing needed was to have Kiron and his son to see him go absolutely insane and become a raging monster to molt his feathers upon more of his own self corruption of the mind and body. Raukaas having been very bored skipped on his tippy toes and whispered into his father's ear in their own native tongue then skipped all the way to behind Kiron and poked him in the cheek. Afterwards he just giggled and ran off behind a tree sometimes peering from behind it. All that could be seen was the little drakkollis's glowing turquoise eyes which turned to bright green color. Darkhor's son just... could not help himself but poke him for some odd reason.

Darkhor cocked his head to the side shaking it almost as if in disapproval of what he just did. But waiting at more time he just felt that... He knew Kiron a little more and before he knew it he was knelt down by his side. The drakkolis nudges the dralf with his head and began chirping. The chirps were so light that only those with a heightened sense of hearing would be able to hear it. It was almost a trill of sorts and the next move he made was probably one of his mistakes in the assumption that it was OK.

The drakkollis male seeing that he did not respond in any negative way turned Kiron's face towards him. Soon Darkhor starts kissing Kiron! He was soon to find out whether or not that this was his best choice of actions. He either was to regret it or no regrets. It was only a matter of seconds of what could happen next.

almighyxcavus

Kiron backflipped off the log intentionally and accidentally hitting Darkhor in the face.
" RED FLAG GIANT RED FLAG. IM SORRY I DO NOT ROLL THAT WAY. I ASKED FOR YOU TO COME ALONG AS A FRIEND AND SUPPORT. Look I'm sorry for yelling but I don't deal with those kinds of feelings often. But I know for a fact a woman's touch is the only one for me. I'm sorry if I've insulted you in any way shape or form. But you can't just go up to a fellow adventure and expect them to love you! Especially in under a week! Look with all due respect comrade I kindly ask you to never to do that again pleas-."
Kiron remembered the bracelet that Darkhor had shown him.
"Have you ever tried to perform a resurrection? "
Kiron stood with an intense look in his eye.

Sheshia

Rima was travelling around, looking for some herbs to eat for dinner and she found a potato. The lovely golden potato. In the middle of cutting it up for dinner she heard someone shouting.... Very loudly at someone else. She went over to investigate. Only to find two towering figures talking in the dark. With a fire going!! Rima wanted to eat her potato warm and fluffy but she didn't want to get in trouble with those two. Her stomach grumbled and she sighed sneaking over to get a stick and placing it over the fire watching it. That potato must be a perfect potato kabab. She looked at the two figures having no problems picking out what they look like. Sure both of them seemed to be a foot of more taller than her they seemed different in so many ways. Rima remained quiet listening in on their conversation and ready to bolt with her potato as she toasts it over the fire.

almighyxcavus

Kiron cocked his head a little to the side and saw a tiny figure roasting a potato in the campfire.
In about an instant he placed a hand on the figure's shoulder and tried to get a closer look.
"Excuse me, but what do- "
He saw the face of a beautiful elf girl who was just trying to roast a potato for dinner.
SHEESSS HOOOOOOOOOOT
Kiron looked away immediately, he couldn't hide his blushing as well as his nose started to bleed a bit, mainly due to the fact he has never experienced something like this before.
"Look, if you are here to eat some dinner, you should've approached us instead of sneaking in, and I'm pretty sure a golden potato isn't going to fill you up entirely. Once you're done roasting, please take a seat on the log and I'll whip something up."
Kiron walked away grabbing spare ingredients he brought to the trip, he whipped up a quick meal for the elf girl and handed it to her. He knelt besides the fire, close enough the girl for a conversation but far enough for the sake of comfort.
"So, uh, what's your name?"

Sheshia

Rima's eyes grew as big as an owls when she saw the food Kiron made for her. But she still wanted the potato first. Always potatos come first. Rima quickly ate the potato even if it's core was still a bit under done. She relized once she was on the last bite that she might not have a potato for later so she stashed it into a pocket.
Then starts to eat the meal, "My name's Rima." She refrained from saying her last name. Not wanting to for reasons only known to her. She smiles, "What's your name?" She asks before going back to eating the food calmly.

almighyxcavus

EVEN HER VOICE IS THE CUTEST THING IVE EVER HEARD. IS THIS WHATS ITS LIKE TO HAVE THIS FEELING? I thought this was only reserved for mother! Just play it cool, she looks like someone who could help us out anyways.
Kiron hovered above the campfire, sitting upright with his legs crossed.
"The name is Kiron, that gigantic man over there is Darkhor. We're heading into Serendipity to find an old friend of mine to help me fix my cracked sword that's next to you. It's been with me for the longest time so it means a lot. You look like someone who could be a real... ASSet to our group." Kiron winked, and started to unnoticeably sweat a little.
WHY DID I DO THAT. GOODNES GRACIOUS
"Well whadya say? Care to join?"
Rima nodded in agreement whilst finishing her meal.
THANK GOODNESS.
"I'll be up in the canopy if anyone needs me for the night, if you need help making a shelter then do not hesitate to come get me. We leave camp just after sunrise."
Kiron flew off to the nearest Manola tree with Zerros in hand. Landing comfortably with a nice view of the stars.
Darkhor, please let me have this one, I'll do my best to get your wife back. Just please help me out here.

Darkhor Saurguse

Darkhor was in shock... The suddenly rejection in the midst of what he thought was acceptance had suddenly disappeared. Kiron had accidentally kicked him in the face. That he felt was uncalled for and he cried tears for only a few minutes because his heart was broken once more. The Drakkollis sat there with his arms folded and refused to look at Kiron.

He sighed and huffed staring at the ground. He almost did not notice the elf girl until she spoke and said her name is Rima. The moment hearing her voice Darkhor looked up, his jaw dropping as he now stared up and down her body. Tears welded as his face turned bright red and a nosebleed came. What followed after that he ended up having a boner which he tried to cover and hide.

The thoughts in his head, "OOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYY GO SHE IS SOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!. SO SWEET AND SEXY!" Slowly Darkhor approached Rima and knelt down right beside her. His voice lowered to a near whisper and was somewhat drawn out slowly, "Heeey there little sweet Rima! How'd you like dinner?" Then he came on with nudging her with his head and chirping in same exact way he did with Kiron.

While this was happening Raukaas had been sitting there watching the whole time. He whispered loudly, "KISS HER! I WANT TO SEE IT HAPPEN! KISS HER DAD! COME ON DO IT!" Darkhor's son was overly super excited and was rooting for it to happen and hope that would not fail like the other times.

Sheshia

Rima looks at Darkhor taking a bite of her dinner as he approached her and knelt down beside her asking how her dinner was while nudging her like a cat and chirping, "Very good actually." She waits a second.... Okay this was getting annoying. She looked around and found an empty frying pan. Ah there's one! "Can you please stop that? It's rather annoying." She asks calmly ready to grab the pan and hit him with it. Rima hearing his son and she really didn't want this now was actually tempted right there to grab the pan and hitting them both with it. She was tired and just wanted to lay down and go to sleep with a full stomach of potatos and a dinner.

Darkhor Saurguse

Darkhor seeing she rejected him kindly he decided to go to the next step... He took a few steps back straightening himself up. The drakkollis took in a deep breath looking up to the night sky and let out a series of grunts, growls, barks and whistles from his throat in patterns. To him this was singing, a normal way of gaining a mate. He continued to throat sing hoping that he would sway Rima by the use of his voice.

Raukaas covered his mouth and watched and listened to his father sing to Rima. He thought to himself... "That isn't really his best. WHY ISN'T HE DOING IT AT HIS BEST?!" The little drakkollis sat down pouting waiting for him to change what he was doing but he never did. "Maybe the next time..." Raukaas said aloud this time.

Sheshia

What the hell was he doing? Rima had enough of thi, she was getting nervous. Rima grabs the pan which was cast iron and hits him on the head. Hard. She huffs, "I have no idea what the fuck you were doing Darkhor or what it even meant. It made me nervous." She crosses her arms for a second still holding the pan. Then walks away a bit putting down the pan after a minute and curls up somewhere nearby under her cloak.

Darkhor Saurguse

Darkhor was just only throat singing but then Rima suddenly hit him on the head with a pan lying about. He felt so good about himself up until he was hit. The singing stopped abruptly from the next surprise. The next he felt a pang of loneliness and worthlessness. Failure.

The drakkollis went and hid behind a tree slumping down and then sobbing and whimpering in sadness. The only thing he could think, "What was so wrong with what I have done? What mistake was there? Did I miss a note? Forget something? What could it have possibly been?" Then he no longer could think he was so sad. There was no reason to do this even for the slightest mistake. This was highly disrespectful to his culture.

Raukaas had seen it all and just plainly hid in silence. Darkhor just continued to sob and could not bring himself to say anything to the two others that he had to travel with. He was just going to simply ignore them... Avoid speaking to them for a little while no matter what it was. Important or not.

almighyxcavus

Dammit, I hate this feeling, not only has it clouded my judgement but now Darkhor is crying because of me! Let me go talk to him.
Kiron couldn't sleep at all with Darkhor's chirping and singing, but Kiron realized why he was doing it. He got up shook any loose leaves off of him and sighed. He flew through the night and found Darkhor sobbing against a tree. He knelt in front of him.
"Darkhor I heard everything that happened, look I understand what you're doing, now more so than ever. If you're truly looking for love, then I will promise you this -" Kiron stood with a fist on his chest "I will find a way for Eleana to come back, I never want to see my friend like this ever again, my word is oak. Will you accept my promise?"
Darkhor stood and hunched over to hug Kiron, with tears streaming down his face.
Kiron patted his back.
"It's alright friend, we'll get her back, just promise me that you'll wait. Get some rest you'll need it."
Kiron flew over silently to where Rima was laying down, he knew his boundaries so he blew a small flame around her, just enough to warm her up for the night without burning anything. He whispered, but it was so low, to his knowledge he might've been the only one to hear it:
"If you ever need anything don't hesitate to come to me."
He flew back to the tree, and attempted to get some rest.
Kiron wake up! Jeez you are a heavy sleeper.
Kiron awoke but he was no longer in the tree anymore, he looked to be in the center of a galaxy of stars, he heard the wings of Xanuthos flying behind him. Xanuthos and this werewolf man landed just before him. The man stepped off, his body made of stars, but you could clearly see the outline of his face.
Hello grandson.
Grandfather? Grandpa Zu?
The one and only in the fles- well star flesh.
Where are we?
You're in the plane between Oblivion, where Xanuthos, your grandmother and I all live watching you grow into the man you are today. Which really isn't much since you seem to be having girl trouble already.
The astral wolf chuckled
Look Rima is a priest, she can bring back Darkhor's wife, but you'll need to go to the 47th level of Labyrinth of Davaathia just pass Yoreiq to do it theres a giant lake of blessed water which should help Rima out. You'll meet a set of twins on your way through Serendipity they're in Arca, you'll need their help to soothe Darkhor and get to that level of the dungeon. Also chicks dig it when you come rescue them, so when Rima performs the ritual, and she almost passes out from it,
make sure you're there to catch her. Also don't bother trying to find your friend to fix Zerros, you need a special material found at the center of that lake I mentioned in the dungeon. YOU need to do a complete reforged of Zerros, and when you do, I'll be there to make some... adjustments.

The astral wolf winked,
But grandfather, I've never experience-
She's the one, your grandmother even sees it, speaking of which,
she's waiting on me for our "fun" time. You'll meet her the night after the resurrection I promise. Come on Xanuthos!

The two astral beings soared back into Oblivion, Kiron began to fall after a while a sudden jolt had awaken him. He looked to his side, Zerros was still there cracked and everything.
Grandpa is awesome.
He soared back to the camp, the others were already packing.
"It's great to see everyone on the same page, sorry I woke up so late, really strange dream. Anyways we're heading to Arca."
The group set out for this lively town, as they passed through the streets, Kiron was scanning around for the twins his grandfather had mentioned, but no sign of them.
Until a large crowd started to gather in the square, the group went to go see what exactly was going on. Kiron smirked.
I think we found them.

Celegwen

Taiga skated through the large crowd, causing people to practically leap out of her way. As the leader of a great guild in her home of Hyoite, it was an all too rare occasion that she got the chance to just let loose and have fun. Whenever she visited her brother, that opportunity was laid in front of her.

Her snowflake cloak flapped behind her, as she surfed on the path of ice that extended in the direction she held her staff. Her icy-blonde hair whipped behind her in its braid, slapping her in the face briefly when she looked back. Hakan was just behind her, causing the same amount, if not more, commotion with his flaming path. The twins were on opposite sides of the power spectrum, a true yin and yang. When they were together, they became an almost unbeatable team.

Calconirr, Taiga's white wolf, and Strinti, Hakan's kaadir dragon, stood in the center of the crowd. Calconirr's hackles were raised, and he was too aware of the fact he was trapped. Strinti couldn't have cared less about the great number of people. They truly reflected their partner's personalities!

The twins stopped their magical feat, sliding to the ground. Hakan touched Taiga's long ice path and the entire thing evaporated within seconds. The gathered crowd looked at the two of them with slightly surprised expressions, but it wasn't like Serendipity was unfamiliar to magic. The crowd began to disperse, and Hakan embraced his sister with a big hug. She laughed, then went to Calconirr, scratching the massive wolf behind the ear.

"What is it, boy?" She whispered, seeing his blue eyes locked in one direction. She followed his gaze to a rather strange group. "Hakan!" Taiga called.

Her brother, already atop his mount, moved next to the girl. She gripped her frost-tipped staff tightly, and Hakan looked at the group.

Just as he was about to speak, Taiga silenced him. Normally, he wouldn't let anyone have the first or the final word, but Hakan made an exception for his sister. "Identify yourselves," she demanded, brows furrowed and lips pressed tightly together.

almighyxcavus

Getting them to join probably won't be easy, but we need them.
Kiron laid some of the supplies he was carrying onto the ground, he approached the twins with one hand on the blade, this wasn't a scare tactic, it was just Kiron's natural position to hold Zerros.
"The name's Kiron, daughter of an elf and a, " his eyes darted to Strinti "dragon, I come with my friends Rima and Darkhor, I actually need your help. Mind if we stop be a nearby tavern to talk things out? Also, I'm going to squash this here so that way you guys don't over think this, we are not planning an ambush or anything of that kind, I actually do need your help and I can explain all the details on the tavern. Care to join us?"
Kiron let out his left hand, waiting for the twin's decision.

Celegwen

The girl looked Kiron up and down, deciding she could probably handle him if she had to. Not that she'd want to, but in her experience, people who preface things by telling her they don't want trouble usually want trouble.

Hakan watched for Taiga's reaction, fearing that she would just shoot Kiron full of ice spikes where he stood. Unfortunately, that was a very reasonable possibility for her.

"There's a tavern around the corner," Taiga said, brushing past the Dralf's extended hand.

Hakan jumped down from Strinti's back and walked up to Kiron with a slight shake to his head. "Yeah, she doesn't really get friendlier with time." He grasped hands and smiled. "Name's Hakan, and this is Strinti. The back to us right now is my twin sister, Taiga, and her wolf, Calconirr. Take it from me... Her bite's a lot worse than her bark. Come on."

They started walking, and Hakan stopped them suddenly. "You're buying, right?"

Tags: