Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: Stranger in a Strange Land [Aeyt!]  (Read 263 times)

Offline Viscount Rhi-Rhi

Re: Stranger in a Strange Land [Aeyt!]
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »
At first, it seemed hopeless. How was she supposed to find the thief in the thick of the crowd? She hadn't even gotten a clear look at what he looked at, just enough to make out his hair and skin color, and the clothes he wore. He could slip away and be gone in a flash--he was probably already far from her. But Niamh didn't know what else to do, and hated feeling helpless, so she did the only thing she could do.

Ran, and hoped for a clue.

That clue came quicker than expected, in the form of swearing and stumbling bystanders--and a desperately running man where everyone else was walking.

"HEY!" she shouted, louder, and dashed after him. She might not be as fast as him, but she knew how to maneuver through a crowd, how to watch far ahead of her and anticipate openings, how to plan a few paces ahead. The fear had faded with the rush of adrenaline, and now that she saw her attacker, she was just pissed. Was he the one that had groped her?

Ohhh, he was going to be sorry.

"You better pray I don't catch you!"
OPEN THREADS! HOP ON IN FOR SOME WILD GOOD TIMES. 8D
Dreams of Demons
Blood and Roses.

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Anoki // Astrid // Axieva // Aysel //  Beatrid // Branwen // Briar // Cadmus // Cerys // Charik // Chephirah // Clover // Corryn // Dai // Delwyn // Demaht // Durga // Einin/Owl // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Felix // Frost // Gwendolyn // Hatame // Hayate // Hazel // Hyacinthe // Ife // Iris // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Khero // Koi // Kota // Kuan // Kuvira // Kyran // Kyori // Liam // Makani // Makoro // Max // Maya // Mei // Misae // Monster // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Nelly // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rowan // Sachi // Sadb // Sahar // Scarab // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Syrae // Taj // Tanith // Tessa // Tiaret // Tikaani // Vahni // Valor // Victoria // Wakiza // Xinyi // Yarra // Yasmin // Yiroa // Yun // Zahara

Offline Aeytrious

Re: Stranger in a Strange Land [Aeyt!]
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 09:30:57 PM »
        Guardsman Reid could see the thief now. Barely a man, the youth had jet black hair, bronze skin, and clearly had a Scavenger Wolf marker on his back. From what he’d heard, this was the only city that the Soot Wolves wore their insignia publicly. Everywhere else in Serendipity, the organization was secret and underground. Here they had helped rebuild after the war with the Mountain Cats. They had kept peace and enforced laws while the city became organized again. When the city had mended its wounds, the Soot Wolves had relinquished control back to those appointed by the Queen. The rogues still held all the real power, but at least on the surface, Cerenis was the Queens strong harbor once again.
        This Wolf was not very good at being a thief though. Reid wondered if the boy would make it as a Scavenger, or if getting caught today would mean being weeded out. He felt a bit of pity for the cutpurse. The guardsman hitched his shield to his back and began to trot after the boy.
        “Make way for the Guard,” Reid called, and the chaotic crowd began to part, giving him an open path toward the thief. The young man caught wind of what was happening and turned back, with fear in his eyes, to look through he parting mass of people. Then someone caught the boys arm and drew his attention away. A whispered exchange later, and the thief’s eyes took on a look of determination.
        Zipper had just been given a tip, and once he knew the plan, his eyes scanned the crowd. He was fast, and it was time to show  everyone, just how fast. Instead of continuing through the mass of bodies, Zipper turned to face the approaching guardsman full on. Then he did something unexpected, he ran straight at him.
        Reid was taken aback for a moment, a little confused by the Zipper’s change of direction. Zipper knew what he was doing, he had a plan, and when Reid hunkered down to brace for impact, Zipper knew this had been the right choice. With amazing speed and grace, Zipper leaped over the crouching Reid and continued running.
        Guardsman Reid turned, and gave chase.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiramKurohanaLexMelyndaria
MowellesaSehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

8etty 8otter 8ought a 8it of 8utter.
"8ut," said she, "this 8utter's 8itter.
If I put it in my 8atter,
It will make my 8atter 8itter.
8ut a 8it of 8etter 8utter
That would make my 8atter 8etter."
So 8etty 8otter 8ought a 8it of 8etter 8utter
(8etter than her 8itter 8utter)
And she put it in her 8itter 8atter
And made her 8itter 8atter a 8it 8etter.

Yes. I know I'm sexy.
You don't need to keep pointing it out.

Tags: