Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Awaiting an Arrival [Private: Smiley & Xcav]

Started by Celegwen, September 28, 2017, 12:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

@almighyxcavus @Smiley
-----------------------------
As the waves buffered against the beautiful beaches, Otikoro gradually climbed out of the water. He pulled his blue-highlighted hair to the side, ringing out the salty water, then spread his scaly wings to let them dry. It was a rare occasion that he didn't go for a swim, but that last one was different.

Why the hell would Hakan be so stupid as to conceive children? He thought to himself. The man sighed, pursing his lips.

He watched another man emerge from the water, and the oceanic waves tattooed on his face gave away who it was.

"Lakiillo!" Otikoro started walking over to the man. He untied his skirt, leaving only his tight pants, and rang it out. "We are expecting visitors," he said, retying his skirt. "You may finally get to meet two of my siblings."

almighyxcavus

Another failed attempt. What was this ability mother had told me about? WHAT IS IT? As he emerged from the water unsuccessfully once more, Lakiillo heard the call of a familiar voice: Otikoro. His best friend, the only person that actually understood who Lakiillo was and what he was after. Lakiillo never dried himself off, he loved the feeling of the salt water running all over him.

"Damn, its been quite a while then. At this point what haven't you called your sibling?" lakiillo said with a chuckle. "You name every fish you meet and claim they're your distant 400th cousin."

Lakiillo stretched his wings a bit making sure they were as strong as ever. His blue feathers flickering against the starlight. I wonder what kind of people we'll meet next.

Smiley

Shreya was stalking an island deer. It's short legs snapping the twin ga below its form The creature munches on the leaves and berries it find while her ears are perked for incoming danger. The hunter quietly took her bow and arrow into her hands. Her breathing slowed down along with her heartbeat.

The red eyes she bore examined the suurounding area. There was a bigger crack to her right one that sounded an alert for the deer. The prey's head shot up as it looks in all direction.

The deer gave a warning noise and was off in the direction of the tree Shreya was on. 'Yes' she smiled as the young women left her bow and arrow up in the stakeout and lands on the deer ending its life using a hidden blade. The birds around the kill sight squeaked and took off in fight. Moments later the only this that Shreya could hear was her breathing and no other presence.

She sighed and closed the deer's eyes which had remained opened after it was killed. The neck of the prey was red flowing with blood from the strike. Her arms grabbed the body and lugged it over her shoulders. Shreya could feel the muscle weigh her down as she made her way towards her campmates.
_------_--  slight time skip-----

Shreya finally broke out the the bushes on the beach, she looked around for her friends. Her eyes landed on two figures on the beach. They did not look like her friends so she continued quietly down the shore.

"Hey! There you are!" Her friend, Anoke appeared from the bushes. "Boy! You caught that didnt you mutt?" Shreya growled slightly at the name and handed her catch over to Anoke. "good catch" he examined their food and nodded. "However, there is something that I have to tell you" Shreya frowned knowing what he is going to say.

Celegwen

"You're exaggerating," Otikoro said, a slight smirk crossed his lips. "And I don't name the fish, rather I speak their names. I am not the other to give them their names. You will meet my brother, Hakan, and my sister, Taiga. My brother is going to get an earful when he arrives!"

They strolled on the beach, Otikoro spotting a young woman with beautiful blonde sunset hair. She seemed to be carrying something, though he couldn't make out exactly what it was. Otikoro stopped, put his hand out to the side and stopping Lakiillo.

He gestured towards the girl who had met up with someone else. "I know everyone on these islands, Lakiillo," he said with a puzzled expression. "I can't recognize her."

almighyxcavus

"They're probably foreigners bud, nothing to worry about." Lakiillo noticed the animal they were carrying. "Looks to me like they're hunters. I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact..." Lakiillo backflipped into the air towards the water, using his water magic he summoned a forever wave to surf on as he looked over to Otikoro. "Let's go meet'em." Lakiillo zoomed off towards the foreigners leaving Otikoro in his wake, literally.

Lakiillo arrived just a couple feet away from where the two were presumably eating. He flew out from the water and back onto the beach waving his hand and shouting: "Hey! You guys new here?" 

Smiley

Anoke glared at the stranger, he was interrupted and he did not like that one bit. Shreya turned towards the native and proceeded smile and waved shyly. She opened her mouth to speak but got cut off by Anoke. "Well, I'm just travelling through here but this mutt was just helping us" Anoke spoke, his voice was not to happy while he was talking. The so called 'mutt' looked like she was about to tear the guys throat out. "Doll over here, is a native, though she doesn't look like it" Shreya glared at the man as he went on. "You know Anoke I-" She was cut off as Anoke once again who went on with a . "I know Shreya, I'm sorry I keep calling you 'mutt' it's a habit now" The Eolf went quiet after knowing that he was not going to listen to her thinking that what she was actually going to say was not important to him.
Shreya gave her friend a quick tense smile then let her smile fade as she looked towards the ground. Her feet shifted uncomfortably as if she wanted to state something but held it in her.
Anoke chuckled and messed up Shreya's hair "Sorry about her, it seems something caught her tongue today" It was as if this man seemed to have totally forgotten about the little thing himself and Shreya just had.

Celegwen

Otikoro shook his head with a slight smile. Asshole always has to be dramatic, he thought to himself, as the man walked up the beach to join his friend.

What Anoke was saying annoyed Oti. He believed in welcoming anyone with open arms, so the other guy's words stung him a bit. Normally, he would leave well enough alone, but he had a lot on his mind, which gave way for his meddlesome side to come out.

"Forgive our intrusion, friends," he said. Even when he meddled he was polite! "My name is Otikoro. I'm a shaman here, and the man with excessive flare is my good friend, Lakiillo. If you wouldn't mind me observing something," his blue eyes gained a sudden electrical glow when he looked at Anoke, "I must say you are a poor excuse for a man."

It was clear his comment was not taken lightly, but Otikoro wasn't about to let Anoke step in with a snappy rebuttal.

"Perhaps, it would be proper for your tongue to caught today, for you should never speak in such a way in the presence of a lady, despite your relationship, or hopefully, lack thereof." He bowed subtly but respectfully to Shreya with a warm smile, the water droplets glistening on his wings. "My lady." Oti extended his arm toward Anoke, slowly forming a fist. Anoke's lips clamped shut, unable to open. "Rest assured he'll not speak again until the sun rises in the morning."

almighyxcavus

Lakiillo fumbled with his hair a bit, he knew of Otikoro's morals and the way he sees things. So his little mouth shut move was of no surprise really. Lakiillo smirked a little as he spoke: "anoke and Shreya was it? Beautiful names. You guys up for some surfing after you finish eating? "

Lakiillo stomach growled: "Cause I need to get some breakfast for myself." He chuckled as he rubbed his hand behind his head.

Smiley

Anoke gave an angry hum as he tried to speak, his eyes went wide with frustration and shock, his face was now red. Shreya laughed at Anoke knowing he got what he finally deserved.
Then the offer of surfing was brought in an immediately Shreya's face brightened up as she thought of surfing. It's been a while sense she had actually went into the water. However, when she looked at Anoke he had already started walking back into the brush readjusting the catch on his shoulders. "I guess that's a no" Shreya mumbled as her lips took on a pouting look. "Hey! Anoke! I'll meet you back at camp I still....." By then he had already disappeared "Grab my bow and arrows" her voice trailed off.
Shreya shook her head and fixed her ponytail. "You are welcome to join us for breakfast though, the others are sorta nicer than Anoke " She offered Otikoro and Lakiillo.

Celegwen

"I believe I speak for both of us when I say we'd be honored." Otikoro smiled at Lakiillo, looking out at the rising sun on the horizon. It was beautiful. The thing he loved only second to his siblings was a sunrise on the beach. It was magical.

"I must tell you that we are going to have guests joining us quite soon," he said, as he and Lakiillo followed Shreya. "They're an - interesting - group. When they get here, I'm afraid I will not be available for anything social. It seems one of them has suffered a...not important. Bottom line is I have to take care of it."

Oti thought back to Anoke's reaction at his lips being sealed. The guy deserved it, and Oti was glad he didn't let the opportunity pass him. "You don't look familiar," he finally said to Shreya. "I told Lakiillo that I know everyone here, but I cannot for the life of me recognize you. Forgive me, if that was rude." He took a relaxing breath, quieting his scattered mind. "Lakiillo, Shreya, I believe I'm going to pass on breakfast. I have some supplies to collect. Unless, do either one of you have access to rootsphere?"

almighyxcavus

Come back baby...
Lakiillo turned back towards the ocean. What the hell was that?
Come baaaack.

Lakiillo shrugged and spoke: "I personally like fish for breakfast. I'll be back later! Oti get familiar with them more I gotta take care of something real quick." Lakiillo waved as he ran through the sand and diving into the ocean once more.

Come baaaack. We're waiting for yoooou.
Who are you?
Come find us and you'll see baby.

Lakiillo was never one to be drawn by a woman's words. He almost always had a girl around him at least every month, but this was strange. The ocean seemed to be quite literally calling out to him. He swam towards the voice, the waters started become darker and more violent. What the hell is going on?

A maniacal laugh came from the sea floor. You're home sweetey. Violent water tendrils grasped at Lakiillo pulling him through a crack in the ocean floor. Thankfully he can hold his breath for hours on end. The tendrils even grabbed his wings preventing him from escaping. WHAT'S GOING OOOOON! He screamed to himself as he was pulled through the crack.

He was thrown into a giant room filled with treasures of sunken ships and whatnot. "I can breathe, what the he-" he looked up and saw all the creatures swimming above him, the ocean was the ceiling. He attempted to break through the ocean ceiling but it felt as hard as rock. "Where the hell am I?!"

Smiley

Shreya waved a quick goodbye towards Lakiillo then nodded towards Otikoro acknowledging that she had heard Oti's talk about an interesting group her eyes held a glint of curiosity in them as she thought of said strange group though she did not ask any questions about them.
"Do not worry friend I don't do much with social things anyway" the eolf brushes some branches out of her way. "And no, its not rude at all'" Shreya was now refering to the unfamailarity that Otikoro had for her. "In fact I'm use to being told that, I was born and raised here by my pa- uuhhh family" Shreya didnt really like calling her family as a pack around other so she just held her hands behind her back and went deeper into the brush which soon turned into big tall trees. "Now, you're looking for some rootsphere. I have some back at the camp, but first...

Shreya skillfully climbed the tree where her bow and arrows where stashed as if it was nothing. The blood from her kill was now drying but there was still signs from the struggle. Once again she scanned the area before jumping down, landing on her feet. "Now we can go and get some of those rootspheres" the sunset blond women places her weapons back into their rightful holds before motioning for Oti to follow.

Celegwen

Shreya's discomfort over what to call her family didn't go unnoticed, but Oti was never one to pry too deeply into someone's mind. Everyone was allowed their secrets. What bothered him was Lakiillo's sudden change of heart. He had known Lakiillo for years; never once had the man just run off with no explanation. Regardless, he also knew that Lakiillo was definitely capable of taking care of himself. Plus, he had his own problems to attend to.

He walked right beside Shreya. I'm honestly shocked she knows what rootsphere is, Otikoro thought to himself. "You're an interesting woman, Shreya," he said when she jumped down from the tree. "Hold on."

They stopped, Oti walking in front of her and standing oddly close to her. He wasn't exactly clear with the concept of personal space, as his role as shaman usually makes it so he has to invade someone's personal space. He took her wrists gently, turning her hands palms up without breaking eye contact. He placed his hands, palms down, no more than a centimeter above hers and slowly moved them around her hands until they were underneath. Her skin started to moisten as though she were sweating, but it was different. He smirked as the dried blood began washing off of her. Then, he brought his hands into fists, which caused all of the water to steam off of her skin without any burns to Shreya.

"More presentable," he said to the girl with a smirk. He waved his arm and stepped to the side for her to lead the way once more. "I truly appreciate you letting me use the rootsphere. I know it is far from easy to come by. Rest assured, your generosity will be repaid."

almighyxcavus

Lakiillo readied Kalaka, his double trident spear. "I know this ocean like the back of my hand! Where the heck am I?" The voices he had originally heard had disappeared into the cavern. He drew a long face. "THEN WHY AM I HERE?!" A large hole appeared on one side of the cavern.

Cooooooome.
"There you are finally jeez." Lakiillo made his way through the cavern, he stepped onto a brick that caved in a bit. It was a little mechanism that lit up torches all along the narrow walkway deeper into the ground. On his left was a giant hole, while on his right were the torches... and drawings that were etched into the rock. "What the-"

They told a story: There was once a man born in the ocean. Whenever a problem arose, he would always return to the ocean. It was his safe haven, his true home. His mother was killed by the hands of his own father on the day of... "Wait, this is me..." He was right. All the etchings in the wall told his story. The murder of his mother, and him killing his father from sheer revenge, but what he didn't recognize what actually killed his father. The figure appeared to be Lakiillo, but it seemed that a tiny blob of water had encased him  and turned him into what appeared to be a demon. "I don't remember that happening at all. Is that what mother was telling me about? Am I...?" He looked at his hands for a moment " a-a demon?" He continued down the staircase still reading the etchings. They all recounted everything he has done to help his people, saving children from there idiotic adventures, helping mother's through pregnancy and birth, and at the very end everything fell into place when he read: Lakiillo, the angel of the ocean.

The etchings had stopped by the time he reached the bottom, a barnacle encrusted door opened revealing a significantly smaller room than the previous. The floor's edge was lined with the most beautiful coral Lakiillo had ever had the pleasure to lay eyes upon. At the center was a bed made of the most comfortable sponge. Off to the right was an opening with a clear view of the sea creatures swimming by, as with the ceiling in the other room it was impassable. Lakiillo made his way to the bed. "Ok, what's going on here?"

"Your wildest fantasy my king..."

A gorgeous mermaid of pure white skin, mismatching eye's, and a gorgeous rainbow tail appeared from the ocean window. She stepped through seamlessly, her tail turned into legs as she pushed Lakiillo onto the sponge bed and laid on top of him running her hand across his face. Lakiillo for the first time in his life, was actually intimidated by this woman, he had never seen anything like this.

"W-Who a-are you?"

Smiley

The closeness that Otikoro was to Shreya was strange for Rey. She felt her wrists being gebtly grabbed and flipped over so her palms where facing upwards. She feels her hands get wet as if they where under a small waterfall. She watched Oti's hand move in circles then clenched, having her hands give off steam.

Shreya feels the grim and blood lift away from her skin making her feel cleaner. Her cheeks blushed a hint of pink as she heard Otikoro say that she looks more presentable. "Uhh t-thank you" Shreya smiles back as she starts to walk ahead once more "and it's no problem really,  you don't have to repay me"   .

Celegwen

Otikoro smirked, as they walked. In all honesty, he had no idea what he would do to repay her since he had no money, but surely an opportunity would present itself. In the meantime, he wasn't sure how far the walk was going to be, so he figured he might as well get to know the mysterious girl.

"I'm not the most social either," he said. "That being said, I assure you that these people will, at the very least, offer some wonderful entertainment. So, if you were born and raised here, might I ask where you ventured off to?"

almighyxcavus

"My king how handsome you've become, my name is Serunai, queen of these waters. I've been waiting patiently for you."

Lakiillo had his fair share of mermaids in the past, some were good some were bad, but he had never experienced something like this before. He was borderline scared of the mermaid. "I-I'm sorry but I don't recall anything about a 'queen' of the ocean especially since I've been next to one all m-"

Serunai placed a finger on his lips, shushing him. "I know all about you my king, you struggles, your pain, your grief, your..." she placed a hand in between his legs clearly arousing him, "your strengths," she moved closer to his lips just before speaking once more "your weakness..." she removed his hakama and under garments with her legs with ease, and the rest faded to black.

Oti please I need your help here, this doesn't feel right!

Darkhor Saurguse

A drakkollis swam swiftly through the waters with his powerful eel like fish tail. It was a young male though older than Raukaas, his skin was a dark brownish tan instead of the black and grey skin that is seen on Darkhor. His horns were much smaller but still long and pointed upwards unlike the saurguse. His body was sleek and far more muscular, possessing a pair of feathered wings and instead of the bright orange underwing he had bright blue, he was a Nigasche. Along the way he picked up a few treasures he'd found and were precious to him.

This was Froig. Froig Nigasche the drakkollis. A sea dweller and trader. His attention was brought towards closer to the land. That made him somewhat uncomfortable and he always avoided the people that were on the island.

Rarely ever speaking to them or showing himself personally afraid of what could possibly happen to him if he were to stay for longer. But he had to always make contact with the people in order to trade for any of the things he wanted. There has been a few occasions were he had been so afraid of the people that he would instead steal rather than trade then later give them something in return behind their backs. To Froig this was not necessarilystealing but rather well more like... trading without questioning them. He thought he heard something ahead and swam towards it.

When he came close to the land he stopped then bobbed his head above the water peering ahead. Slowly he came closer, hesitantly as he came along. Then looking up he made a screech very similar to Darkhor's cry. He picked up speed in swimming towards the land and shot up out of the sea as high he could possibly go for the sky spinning in the air. It was only a moment before he came down with a large splash.

Froig continued to do this leaping out of the water like a dolphin. His fins and webbings on his body were a brilliant blue color showing up quite well against the dark skin. Leap after leap he finally landed onto the large rocks then flopped onto the ground not even aware there were even people standing there were they could have been watching the entire scenario of his behavior. Once he got there he struggled and it was obvious that he was not used to being on land. He screeched loudly and seemingly panicked and flopped about like a helpless fish out of water and was desperately trying to get back into the water.

Froig hated the sensation and his body felt much heavier and he outstretched his wings. He was airing them out and flapping them like a wet bird trying to get water off. He used his arms to lift the front of his body and began to drag himself using his tail to push him along. After a little more he gave up and dropped all of his treasures and belongings he was carrying. The young drakkollis laid out flat across on the ground waiting for his body to dry off before he would run back into the sea but he had to try to come to land at least leave his things here.

Smiley

"I was traveling to many places, I only came back to see my family but it seems they had moved on already" Shreya shrugged, she could only guess that her pack had to move or they either got chased away, which is unlikely. She did feel a pang of abandonment but her mother would not move unless it was completely nesecary.
Shreya went silent once more, her mind off in the distance. "We are here" she notified Oti.
The camp came into view, There was nothing there except a smothered fire that had some smoke coming off of it still. "What the..." Shreya stepped further into the camp. Her sharp eyes gazed the area while her nose twitch as she tried to scent her camp mates.
"Damn it" she looked for any traces to track them but they had been covered up to well. The assassin let out a growl as she grabbed her stuff, her face was down as her emotions swirled around her head.She dug her hands into the bag and found the rootspheres and handed it to Otikoro. "Here" her voice was barely a whisper.

Celegwen

The man took the rootsphere and looked around, the hair on the back of his neck standing up. Son of a... Oti groaned and looked at Shreya. He placed the rootsphere on a branch of a nearby tree, using the water inside both the root and the tree to temporarily bind them. "You're coming with me," he said, grabbing Shreya's hand. He didn't give her a chance to object, running with her back toward the sea.

Standing on the beach near the water's edge, Oti noticed another drakkollis flop onto the sand. He looked at the being. Different from the last one, he thought. Not the time!

Oti looked at Shreya and held her shoulders. "Forgive me for this," he said. "And believe me when I tell you it means nothing." He pressed their lips together, his eyes emitting a blue glow, then jumped into the sea.

The instant they touch the water, gills grew on both sides of their necks. Otikoro swam, his wings acting like flippers, while holding Shreya's hand. She might've been stunned at first, but his kiss was purely to give her a temporary ability to breathe underwater. It would be gone by the time they got back to the islands. They swam into the crack in the sea floor, emerging into the treasure-filled room which Oti knew all too well.

"I fucking knew it," he whispered, jogging silently down the staircase with Shreya right behind him. He and Shreya stopped at the bottom of the staircase, and he looked at the mermaid sitting on top of Lakiillo. He listened to her speak, and he listened to Lakiillo's unsure reactions to her words. "Wait here," he whispered to Shreya.

Otikoro stepped out, walking confidentially into the room. He folded his arms over his bare chest, his wings glistening from the water.

"Oh, Serunai," he said, a slightly wistful expression on his face. "I remember when I was your king. With my best friend? In our bed? Lakiillo, I see you've already met my queen. She's the very definition of a crazy ex." Oti sighed slightly. "She was my wife in a past life."

Tags: