~Dragon Piper~ [Moved]

Started by Anonymous, January 12, 2005, 03:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Maelthra
Unregistered User
(29/5/04 16:19)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Ugh..."
Maelthra slowly opened her eyes, blinking a few times at the sun light that filtered onto her face. She ached just about everywhere, and had no idea where in the world she was, or what she was doing when she got here. She took a moment to get her bearings.
She was bent awkwardly over a tree branch, her legs resting on yet another branch and her head and arms dangling limply. Eyes of dove gray blinked blankly at the ground, which was a good drop below her current position. The sun which had originally hurt her eyes was forcing its way through the foliage above her, and the fact quite a few leaves had collected on her body, she guessed she had been laying this way for some time.

Maelthra slowly lifted herself into a sitting position, gargoyle feet gripping the branch her legs had been resting on as leverage. Waiting for the dizziness to pass and the blood to flow from her head, Maelthra checked on her three prized possessions: her tail, her wings, and her flute.
The pale gray tail tipped with a dark red bow was present, currently draped over the branch she was sitting on. Her wings, the same color as her tail, were a bit achy and cramped but intact. The flute was still buried away in the layers of her sky blue dress, it's belled out bottom a little wrinkled but no worse for ware.

The young looking humanoid sighed, cupping her oval shaped face in the palms of her hands, the satin bow around her neck ruffling slightly with the movement. Time to figure out what in the world she was doing all the way up here, and what had happened to her friends, the Serpent of the Dark Waters, and the Master of Flame. Perhaps they had left once she had passed out, the summoning spell broken.
Frowning, Maelthra set to remembering, not bothering to remove herself from her perch in the tree.

McCrevor
Unregistered User
(6/1/04 4:48 pm)
Reply  Suspitions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The black raven was flying around the lands, noting all the passersby. He noted a form draped over a few branches in a tall, nearby tree. He flew around the tree a few times until he noted movement. His black eyes shone with curiousity as he flew to a branch near the girl and perched. He ruffled his feathers a bit as she sat up. Dark light imminated from his small form, until it blocked him completely from view. Once the light cleared, no longer was there a raven perched atop a branch, but a humanoid with black, wavy hair that hung nearly to his broad shoulders. He wore a black cloak with a ruby jewel built into the clasp.
What troubles you m'lady?
He asked, his black eyes never leaving her form.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE RPGer ^_^
(6/1/04 9:52 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 The sudden voice caused Maelthra to squeak. Now who in the world would be way up in a tree besides her?
Leaning back, hands gripping her branch, Maelthra got her head to tip far enough so she could look upon the speaker. She had not witnessed his change, and took him for what she saw, a man sitting way up in a tree, asking her what was wrong.
Right.
Nothing odd there.

"Oh, hello there." Her voice was very up beat and happy, and she wasted no time in adjusting herself so she was facing him. Balancing precariously on the branch with her clawed feet, Maelthra stood up, bow tipped tail waving behind her. "Well, I was just trying to remember how in the world I got all the way up into this tree, and where my friends could be." She put a hand to her chin, cupping that elbow with her other slender hand. "Perhaps I could summon Master of Flame and ask him what happened..." She pondered, dove gray eyes clouding with thought.
"Yes, that should work nicely."
Her hand disappeared into her dress and came back out again with a polished flute that looked as though it were made of bone. It was pure white, and draconic forms wound their way up it.
Putting the dainty instrument to her pink lips, Maelthra began to play a lovely little tune, the notes surprisingly deep for such a flute. The music carried on the wind, which was picking up, and it was obvious some magick was at work.

McCrevor
Unregistered User
(6/2/04 8:27 am)
Reply  None
 McCrevor watched as she played her instrument. He changed positions on the branch, much too easily than it seemed possible, and looked once more at the girl with her flute.
Perhaps I may be of some assistance to you.
He stated plainly, waiting for whatever magic this girl was weaving to show it's face.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE RPGer ^_^
(6/2/04 3:55 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra gave a light nod to his words, and the wind suddenly picked up. She slipped the flute away and then wobbled on the branch as the entire tree began to sway with the force of the wind.
One hand straight out, the other grabbed for the trunk, desperately trying to steady herself.
"MASTER! MASTER OF FLAME YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!!" She shouted at the top of her musical lungs, and a tremendous thud caused the tree one last great quiver before everything calmed.
Maelthra took a moment to brush her golden curls back from her face before glancing up at the tree top.
Three huge black talons suddenly poked through the foliage and pulled it all back, shedding them in sunlight for a brief moment before a huge shadow blocked the sun. It was revealed to be the massive head of a large red dragon. His eyes were fiery orange, and his breath was incredibly warm.
"Maelthra!" He boomed, obviously trying to bring his voice down to a not so deafening level.
The girl grinned. "Well hello again!" She shouted back. "Would you happen to recall what happened? I woke in this tree and I can't seem to remember."
The Master of Flame, as he had been called, pondered that for a moment, his other huge hand coming to scratch an equally sized chin. "My my...this was some weeks ago..."

Maelthra squeaked. "I've been up here for weeks!?" She exclaimed, releasing the tree in order to press a hand to forehead in disbelief.
The Master grinned, huge yellowed teeth bared almost dangerously. "Yes little one. I do not know what the Serpent did once it took off from the pond. I suppose it dropped you off here and then left. It's poisoned waters must have put you into a deep sleep."
Maelthra sighed and flopped back into a sitting position on the branch. She didn't really want to recall the Serpent, for he was temperamental at best and would not answer her questions. Damn it all...oh well.
"My friends are safe, right??"
The Master nodded, and Maelthra sighed with relief.
"Thank you, Master of Flame. You can leave now if you want."
He gave her a close look, then glanced at the man. "Will you be alright...?"
Maelthra nodded and pointed to McCrevor. "He offered to 'assist' me, so I should be fine."

The Master glanced at the stranger once again, large eye narrowed. "You better be careful with my little one, or you will have the entire dragon community after you." He hissed threateningly. Maelthra giggled and shook her head. "Stop being so protective Master, I'll be fine. I can take care of myself, you know." She didn't look it, but the Master nodded.
"Good day to you both, then." He murmured before taking off yet again, huge wings causing that incredible wind as they had before.
Soon, he was gone into the distance, and Maelthra looked rather satisfied with the events thus far.

McCrevor
Unregistered User
(6/3/04 3:03 pm)
Reply  none
 McCrevor watched as the dragon flew away into the distance. He straightened his broad back and brushed his hair out of his eyes with his hand. He looked to Maelthra and grinned slightle. Well, I guess you will never be in need of assistance with a friend like that now will you? He said with a humorous note to his voice. But I guess since I offered, I must follow through with it. He said, a chuckle in his voice at the thought. Well, seeing as though you have been up here for 'weeks' I assume that will be the first thing you will like to accomplish, getting down. Would you like my help? He asked, preparing to change forms into a being that can fly her down safely to the ground.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE RPGer ^_^
(6/3/04 6:20 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra grinned and rubbed the back of her head. "No, I suppose not." She responded with a small laugh. Master was a good protector...though he tended to get nosey at times. Not to mention he could be a pain to summon, his song being one of the hardest to play.

His offer to help her down brought her back to the present. Right. She had to get out of this tree. "Well..." She mused, glancing at the ground so far below.
She stood yet again and stretched out her white, leathery wings, testing them. "I think my wings can handle it...er...I hope..." She wasn't sure if they had grown weak with her time of not using them. Unsure, she grinned a bit at McCrevor. "Uh, perhaps you should keep an eye on me, just in case my wings really can't handle it."
At least she knew when to be coutious.

Looking down at the earth one last time, she suddenly bounced right off the branch, dress belling out to it's fullest from the air suddenly blown into it. Her wings opened and fluttered, then flapped, keeping her steady.
Looked as though she'd make it to the ground in one piece.

McCrevor
Unregistered User
(6/4/04 12:18 pm)
Reply  None
 McCrevor watched her ready herself to take the plunge. He quickly transformed himself into a gryphon and followed her as she jumped. He landed before she did, so that if he must, he would be down there to catch her form if her wings failed her when she most needed them. He landed with grace and quickly transformed into a humanoid once more, and watched her descend.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE RPGer ^_^
(6/6/04 1:16 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra was grinning lightly as she came closer to the earth below, little draconic style feet dangling calmly beneath her. She watched her new friend land below her, and suddenly couldn't recall introducing herself. A small frown alighted her dainty features as she thought on it.
Not quite paying attention, she forgot to flap her wings periodically, and found herself suddenly falling a bit faster than had been intended.
"Eep!"
She squeaked, faltering for a moment and not using her wings. Surprise did that to her. She just froze for a second.
A few seconds too long this time, the ground was practically on top of her.
Hopefully McCrevor was paying more attention than she.

Damon
Mr. Imagination
(6/6/04 3:11 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash
 As Maelthra's frail form falls towards the ground below, a large wolven figure with wings and a long tail dashes out from the trees and leaps up to catch the gargoyle in midair. After he lands, he delicately lowers her feet onto the ground. "I'm so glad I found you, Maelthra. I feared that you were lost for good." His deep voice isn't as intimidating as his form is. It's more serene, more gentle. "When I heard your pipe, I knew it was you." He adds as he looks down at her with his big chocolate eyes. The wolven being appears to have wounds on his shoulders and a large bite mark on his leg. Wounds that have already recieved weeks of healing.

McCrevor
Unregistered User
(6/7/04 5:56 pm)
Reply  none
 Just as McCrevor went to catch Maelthra, another form leapt in front of him and caught her. He saw that the two were friends so he merely sat his form against the tree and waited, so that he would not interrupt their interaction.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE RPGer ^_^
(6/7/04 10:56 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra gave a startled squeak as she was easily plucked from the air and just as quickly set down again. It took her a moment to regain her balance, but it took her no time at all to place the voice speaking to her.
Not allowing Slash to finish whatever it was he had been saying, Maelthra whirled around and jumped at him, giving him the greatest hug her small frame could manage, arms around his neck.
"Slash! Slash it's really you! Wow, I thought I'd have to search for you and the others for ages!"
Absolutely beaming, Maelthra released him and hopped back a few steps on dainty feet. She quickly scanned over his wounds with worry, then remembered how he had attained them, and how long it had been since that time.
Loosing weeks was hard on the memory.

Suddenly, her hands flew to her hips. "Do you know what that terrible Serpent did!? He just put me to sleep with those darn poisonous waters of his and dumped me in a tree! A TREE! For weeks! Oh, when I find a body of water to summon him to..." Maelthra flexed her slender hands for a moment, then quickly snapped out of it.
She had a guest.
"Oh! So sorry!" She whirled around to point both hands at the form leaning against the tree. "Slash, this is...um, well, I don't think we've formally been introduced yet, but he offered to help me. Anyway, Sir, this is Slash." Her hands went to the large furred being next to her, pointing out his form as if one could actually miss whom she was referring to.

McCrevor
Unregistered User
(6/8/04 9:16 am)
Reply  .
 McCrevor watched as the two conversed with eachother. When Mealthra introduced him to Slash, he stood up, smiled politely and nodded.
A pleasure. The names McCrevor.
He said looking at both of them, realizing that he had not introduced himself to Mealthra yet either. He walked up to the two of them and offered his hand.

Damon
Mr. Imagination
(6/8/04 2:22 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash was slightly surprised when Maelthra jumped at him. That is, until he realized she was hugging him. A warm smile appears on his face as he wraps his arms around her dainty form. Then she started to complain about what the Serpent of Dark Waters did to her. Serpents... The type of dragonoid that can almost never be trusted. And finally, an introduction. Slash smiles when McCrevor introduced hismelf and approached to offer a handshake. He seems far more trustworthy than Dis with his actions. Slash reaches out and wraps his hulking, furred hand around McCrevor's hand and pulls him into a slight hug. He pats him on the back a few times before letting him go. "Nice to meet you." Slash states in his overly friendly way.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE RPGer ^_^
(6/8/04 9:06 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra gave a satisfied nod as the two were introduced. Hopefully, they'd get along, as Slash and Dis did not in the least.
Those two...
Chuckling, Maelthra grinned at the thought. It really was quite amusing to watch.
"Well, I'm glad the two of you seem like you might get along. We can only hope."
Slash would know why it was a big deal, though McCrevor probably would not. If he tagged along, he'd see it soon enough.

Finally, Maelthra glanced down at her disheveled clothing and hair, frowning lightly. Well, she had been stuck in a tree for weeks. One could only expect so much. She turned her attention back to the males and grinned sheepishly. "Um, do you think we could stop by an inn or stream or something? I think I need a bath. Being stuck in a tree for a couple of weeks does nothing for one's personal hygiene."

McCrevor
Unregistered User
(6/9/04 1:26 pm)
Reply  .
 McCrevor looked at Mealthra's appearance and chuckled slightly.
Yes! As soon as we can!
He said sarcastically, teasing her that she looked that bad.
There is a stream a little ways north if you would like. Then we can find an Inn to stay at if you like, I know many of them.
He had been traveling the whole of his life and was quite skilled at finding shelter and food.
Are you hungry?

Damon
Mr. Imagination
(6/18/04 12:08 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 "Perhaps a stop at a nearby tailor shop would certainly help. You appear as if you would need it, Maelthra." Slash suggests, not throwing himself into the suggestion. No matter how torn or tattered his clothes are, Slash does not wish to renew them. He barely has any bit of a shirt left and his pants seem more like shredded shorts.He looks out more for others, rather than himself. Wouldn't just surprise Maelthra, if she were to find out that Slash actually saved Dis' life. Perhaps that may have changed the way Dis truely is. Changed the man for the better.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(6/18/04 4:16 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra laughed and then proceeded to stick her small pink tongue out at McCrevor at his sarcastic remark. She was not so easily offended as some, thankfully enough.
The thought of a river, and a nice place to sleep appealed to her greatly, and her face broke out into a grin.
"Oh, that sounds splendid!" She agreed, nodding enthusiastically.

Slash's comment did not go unnoticed, and she easily turned her attention back to him. She glanced down at her own slightly worn clothing, and then her gaze shot to his. Unable to help it, Maelthra burst into a fit of giggles. "Oh Slash, you should have a look at yourself! You're the one who needs a tailor, mister!" She smiled brightly, eyes easily filling with mirth.

"I believe we should stop by the river real quick first off, then we can go by the tailor so badly needed by my friend here, and then you can find us that Inn. Sound good?" She addressed McCrevor with this, calmly rocking back and forth on the balls of her gargoyle shaped feet.

McCrevor
Unregistered User
(6/19/04 8:22 am)
Reply  .
 McCrevor nodded with a slight smile spreading across his features.
Sounds like a plan. The Inn is not too far south from here, but I admit that I am not positive where the nearest river may be. Perhaps you may know Slash?
He said looking to Slash hopefully.

Damon
Mr. Imagination
(6/20/04 2:35 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 It seems that it most certainly is up to Slash to find a river or stream. When the winged lupine notices that much, a smirk appears on his maw. Being a bit canine helps with his sense, therefore, he can hear the nearby stream. Besides that, he's lived most of his life in forests. "Hope you can keep up, McCrevor." Slash notes before he mischieviously picks up Maelthra and jets into the sky, just barely above the treeline.  

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(6/20/04 3:05 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra nodded happily as McCrevor agreed. She might have made sure it was ok with Slash, however it seemed he wasnted to get to that river darn fast.
"Sl...hey! Woah!"
She was suddenly off her feet and in the air, cradeled in Slash's arms.
Crossing her own, slender arms over her chest, Maelthra shot him a look. However, with her large dove eyes, it was not as menacing as it might have been.
"You might like to warn me next time, you big fuzzball!" But of course, her own terminology ruined it completely and a grin formed on her delicate features.
"You better not dump me into that river Slash, or I'll bonk you one good with my flute."

McCrevor
Unregistered User
(6/30/04 5:07 pm)
Reply  OOC: SORRY!!!
IC:
McCrevor watched as Slash picked her up and shot up into the sky. A smirk crept over his features and he quickly transformed into a gryphon, lept off the ground, and was quickly right beside Slash and Mealthra. He looked over at the two and nodded.
Lead the way

Jester
Master of Laughter
(7/6/04 1:29 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash
 "Don't worry, my love. I won't be dumping you." Slash explains before he smirks. He looks down to spot the body of water and looks at Maelthra's face. "I'm going in with you." He finishes as he begins to dive bomb towards the river with Maelthra still in his arms. "You might want to take a deep breathe!" He adds in before they collide with the water.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(7/6/04 2:12 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra's already large eyes widened at his announcment. As they dove, Maelthra's scream echoed in the air.

"SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!!"

She didn't get a say in it, however, for they were already near the water. She wisely took a breath befor the chilly water enveloped both of them.
Cheeks puffed a bit with her held breath, Maelthra scowled cutely under the water's surface. Darn that big fuzzy wolf! She was now soaked right through her dress...
Good thing she planned on getting a new one.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(8/5/04 3:13 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash couldn't help how adorable Maelthra looked all the time. Especially when she was angery. So he took action as they were under water. He kissed her. Not on the cheek or forehead or anything, just a simple lovers' kiss. Soon after that, he used his wings to jet himself away from Maelthra a bit with a smirk planted on his face. Her reaction wouldn't really matter to him. He knows that his feelings are true enough.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/5/04 2:28 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 (*Sudden idea to have Maelthra have a sister* that was so totally random...)

Maelthra's dress, laden with water, was a tad bit heavy. She managed to tread water well enough though, despite still being under.
And then the strange happened.
Slash kissed her, right on the lips.

Her small squeak of surprise was hardly heard under the chilly surface, and before she could truly react Slash was away from her and smirking.
The little gargoyle let out a burst of bubbles, then heaved herself towards the surface using wings, feet, and hands.
Darn water-logged dress...

He kissed her?

Jester
Master of Laughter
(8/7/04 1:37 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 As Maelthra struggled to the surface, Slash stretched out his wings and gave them a stong flap to propel him out of the water and into a tree. He lands on a high branch and peers down at the waters below.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/8/04 12:10 pm)
Reply  ..Dragon Piper..
 Maelthra came up sputtering, and was silently cursing this damnable dress. It was still trying to drag her down, and she wasn't the best of swimmers anyway.
So, she changed forms, becoming the cute chibi self that was about the size of a kitten and more shaped as a gargoyle would be. And no dress.

Much lighter now, Maelthra popped out of the water and quickly fluttered to shore. There, she shifted back and set to wringing out her dress. The entire thing was plastered to her form, and she silently thanked whatever entities out there that the dress was blue and not white.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(8/14/04 1:10 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 As soon as Maelthra shifted back to her natural form, the one Slash fell in love with, a mischievious smirk appears upon his wolven maw. He stood up on his branch and leaped off it. Half way towards the water, he curls up into a ball and strikes the water to cause a massive wave to engulf Maelthra. The wolven cannonball was quite hard to pass up in Slash's case. He merely hopes she's in a playful mood.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/15/04 11:57 am)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra's confused gaze followed his arch in the air, and suddenly it dawned on her what he was going to do.
"Slash...!" Was all she managed to get out before the wave engulfed her with a little squeal. Soaked again...

Maelthra stood on the shore, looking a bit disgruntled, though there was a smug grin on her young face.
"You should get a good smack with my flute for that Slash..."
She muttered, grinning a bit more. She then shook her head and tried to wring out the dress again, her golden hair now heavy with water and straighter than usual.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(8/15/04 2:47 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Much time has passed since Slash hit the water and there seems to be no sign of him. He hasn't resurfaced for a while yet. Not even his form could be seem underneath the water's rift. What ever happened to Slash?

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/15/04 7:03 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 After just a few minutes Maelthra gave up hope of ever getting the sopping dress somewhat dry ever again. It was then she noticed Slash had never come back out of the water.

Fear twisted her gut.

She dashed for the bank and peered down through the shifting waters for any sign of him. "Slash??" She called, unsure now. Was he in trouble? Perhaps he had hit his head and passed out under the water!
Maelthra's normally wide eyes widened further. She searched more urgently for any shape or sign of him under the surface. Not that she'd be able to pull him out even if she did find him. Not even her large Gargoyle form would be of help, for she was not a good swimmer in any of them.
"Slash!?"

Jester
Master of Laughter
(8/19/04 2:36 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 "What? I'm right here." Slash's voice is heard behind Maelthra. He emerges from the trees with water dripping from his form. He stands without the sense of playfullness he had before. He instead has a dreadfully worried look upon his face. His wings are tucked behind himself as exhaustedly leans against a tree with one arm. Something is up.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/20/04 6:58 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra jerked with surprise, the wet fabric of her dress slapping against her legs. She whirled, relief flooding through her as she set eyes upon Slash. He was alright, thank the dragon lords!!

Maelthra rushed up to him, now realizing something was wrong.
"What's wrong? How did you get out of the water so fast?? You shouldn't scare me like that!" It was all fired off rapidly, as she tended to do when excited or distressed.
And distressed she was.

Not to mention seeming very disgruntled, with her clothing and hair in such disarray...

Jester
Master of Laughter
(8/20/04 7:12 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash continued to breath heavily as Maelthra's motormouth rattled on. Instead of a reply, he simply signals Maelthra to follow him.
"Less talk, just follow me." He notes before he turns back around and begins to dash in a certain direction.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/20/04 7:37 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra blinked at his short reply, which wasn't a reply at all, but an order. Her lovely face scrunched up slightly. She wanted her questions asked, not to run off into the forest somewhere sopping wet.

Ugh...

With a sigh, Maelthra quickly trotted after him, holding her water-laden dress away from her legs to permit running freely.
She could only wonder at where he might be leading her.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(8/20/04 7:59 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash
 After a nice jog through the woods, Slash aproaches a well hidden cave on the side of a small cliff. Not really pondering much about Maelthra, he instantly heads inside. On the inside of the cave, lays an enormous white dragon. She appears to have multiple punture wounds in her side and seems to be slowly struggling to breath. Her form is wrapped around a nest of shattered and broken eggs. The dragon is dying and seems to have lost her clutch. At the far end of the cave is what appears to be a deep puddle of water. Slash immediately heads to the dragon's face to comfort her.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/21/04 8:35 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra did not like this one bit. Where was he going???
Ugh...so frustrating...at least if she knew where he was taking her she could prepare herself for what she'd see...
If there was even anything to see.

Spotting the cave, Maelthra stopped for a moment, brow furrowed. That was a very large cave...familiar in make...
Oh no!

Maelthra scrambled up the rock face and burst into the cave. A sharp gasp escaped her before she quickly ran to the dragon, gently pushing Slash aside. She needed to connect with the poor mother, and gently placed a hand on either side of the dragoness' face.
She murmured a few soft words, if they could be called that, for they were much more animalistic. Dragon tongue.

She then gently withdrew her flute and began to play a soft song for the majestic beast before her. A song full of comfort and reassurance...for this dragon was dying, and Maelthra could not stop that from occuring...but she could comfort the female in her last moments if possible.
And so Maelthra played, pouring her heart and soul into the song, the gentle notes tickling the air and soothing the spirit.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(8/23/04 2:12 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash didn't want to get in the way, so he just stayed back against the cave wall with his head sloped down and his arms crossed over his chest. He too was finding a serene feeling as Maelthra played the flute. Perhaps it had much to do with his dragon half. As for the dying mother. Her breaths were slowly fading, but calmness surrounded her as it happened. With her last breath, the dragon let out a couple words only to be heard in Draconic tounge.
"Thank you." With that, the dragon passed away, peacefully. The least Maelthra could do. Slash's heart was filled with sorrow, but he kept his tears to himself.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/31/04 6:14 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra sighed and ceased her tune as the beautiful creature finally breathed her last. She hated seeing these wonderous beasts die...

Whispering a few soft words, Maelthra kissed the dragoness softly upon the brow and stood, her blessing complete.
The slender girl stood there then, one delicate hand clasped around her flute. Hot, silent tears rolled down her dampened cheeks, the chill caused by her wet clothing ignored. Drips slowly formed on the tendrils of soaked hair, dislodging soon after and landing softly upon the earth.

So sad...such a horrid loss...

Jester
Master of Laughter
(9/3/04 1:58 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash slowly pulled himself away from the cave wall and wandered towards Maelthra. He embraced the weeping gargoyle girl to comfort her. That is all he could do as he explained a bit further.
"When I hit the water I discovered an underwater tunnel and was a bit curious as to where it went. When I got through, I found the dying mother. I had already searched through the clutch to see if there were any surviving eggs. None... I'm so sorry, Maelthra..." Just as Slash finishes with the last sentence, the mother dragon's claw, which seemed to be gripping onto a stone, falls open and a full egg rolls out from her grasp and away from the dragon a bit. Slash stood in shock, still embracing Maelthra as he saw the only surviving egg.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/17/04 2:55 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra welcomed the warmth of his embrace, letting the tears fall freely. Slender hands clasped onto Slash as she buried her face into his chest.
It was not as though she had known this creature, nor was it the first time she had seen a creature die. But it was never easy for her...not to see anything die...especially those of dragon blood.

She did not see the egg as Slash did, for her face was hidden from the world at the moment. She needed to shed her grief first, and did not realize there was even a possibility of one of the eggs remaining intact. Especially after what Slash had said about his findings...

Jester
Master of Laughter
(9/18/04 12:47 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash allowed Maelthra to grieve for a while longer before pulling her away from his chest to look her in the eyes. He then turns his gaze in the direction of the surviving egg, assuming Maelthra would do the same. Perhaps the sight of one survivor would brighten her day a little. He hates seeing a loved one sad.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/19/04 6:07 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra sniffed and dashed the tears away as best she could when Slash pulled her from the comfort of his embrace. Her watery dove eyes blinked up into his, and did indeed follow his gaze.

A gasp caught in her throat. A survivor!! Maelthra's gaze widened as she stared at the egg. Her entire body was strung tight, ready to spring forward and scoop the egg up. Instead, she looked back up at Slash.
"Do you want to care for it?"
It was such an abrupt question to ask, but it came forth anyway.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(9/20/04 12:51 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash smiled after Maelthra's question. His sorrow seems to be lifting a little. He glances back at the egg and walks over to it to pick it up. He then walk back to Maelthra and holds the egg out.
"I would love to take care of this new life, but I want you to do that. I'm sure you would want nothing more than that. I already had a dragon of my own, back where I was from. It was a lifelong bond until I vanished from my own world to end up here. I could still feel that bond, so I would want you to cherish what I have with what I give you. This inphant needs a mother, not a father." Slash explains.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/20/04 8:23 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra silently watched Slash's movements, hands clasped in front of her, still damp hair hanging in heavy waves.
She refused to take the egg until he was completely done explaining. Once his words ceased, a small smile appeared as she gently took the egg from his hands and held it close.
"Then I thank you for the opportunity to raise this dragonling, and I'm sorry you lost so precious a bond."
She glanced down at the egg cradeled in her arms, thinking not only of it but of Slash's own arrival.
"How did you come to arrive here anyway? It doesn't seem to be something that would naturally happen..."

Jester
Master of Laughter
(9/21/04 2:43 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 "Monarth was a great loss to me, but not as bad as losing my dear Baywolf. My heart has been torn in two and I feel as if I'm trying to repair it by finding someone else." Slash states as his sorrow begins to rise once more. Then the major question popped up. He has never told anyone of his occurances or how he ended up in this world. He feels that now is the best time. His heart has opened up enough to Maelthra.
"I was not normally like this. Where I'm from, I was known to be the most heroic werewolf that set foot on Sudonia. I was a Lychanthrope with no wings nor any form of Draconic breathe. We were facing the end of a long faught war against the Dark Pheonix, Faydon. Before he threatened to consume Sudonia with his ever growing wingspan, he devoured my beloved Baywolf and his own creation that I considered as a daughter. I was crushed, but that did not stop me from continuing the battle. I used my heirloom, the Dragon Claw Orb pendant, to change myself into what you see now and I faught the bastard, face to face. No matter what I tried, I could never bring him down. But as a last resort, I turned to the say that was told to me as the pendant was handed down to me. My father said, 'No matter what you do, don't let any evil fall upon the Dragon Claw Orb. It could lead to vast destruction.'
"With that thought in my head, I threw the pendant at Faydon. The very source of my power. A massive explosion occured, engulfing Faydon and almost myself. I managed to bring up a shield on time. But that drained my power substantially and I fell unconscious. When I awoke, I was in this world. Without the Dragon Claw Orb, I could never return to normal. I'm beginning to doubt that there's even a way to return Sudonia to see my friends and family ever again. My only concern for Sudonia now is if I really did rid the world of Faydon." Towards the middle of his explaination, Slash's face began to well up with tears. Towards the end, he plopped himself onto the ground and just continued to stare at the ground in his great sorrow. He could barely continue as he did.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/21/04 6:08 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Mealthra listened intently, watching the emotions flicker across Slash's face. She felt a terrible sadness for him and his loss, and wished she could do something to help him. Anything...
As Slash collapsed to the floor in grief, Maelthra quickly came to his side. She set the egg down gently and placed a slender hand on his furred shoulder. She gently wiped away some of the tears.

"I am so sorry for you Slash. I can't even imagine such a loss as that." Words ceased coming to her, and so she gently held him and waited for his tears to pass.
Such a great loss...but for a good cause. He had, hopefully, saved his world from destruction. Now, he was here, stranded. She had to help him!
A sudden idea then struck her.

"Slash? I know of a dragon, an Ancient, who might be able to help. There are ethereal dragons in this realm, 'gods' so to speak, with great powers. This Ancient might be able to teach me a song capable of summoning one of them." She offered softly, unsure of what his reaction might be. Of course, she mentioned none of the dangers possibly involved...

Jester
Master of Laughter
(9/21/04 8:43 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash felt comfortable around Maelthra. When she neared him, all he could do was embrace her. It has been countless years since he arrived into this world and he has long since given up on trying to go back. He listened to her idea, but continued to embrace her.
"I thank you for your sympathy and attempt, but I have already lost hope. There's a possibility that Faydon wasn't destroyed. If I were to go back, it could potentially mean instant death. If he were destroyed, I don't even know if my friends would even welcome me back. Especially in the form I'm trapped in." Slash slowly pulls away from the embrace after his counter words to look into Maelthra's eyes.
"All I have left in my life is you. I want to cherish that for as much as I can." Slash finishes as a single tear rolls down his furry cheek.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/26/04 7:27 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra was saddened further by his dishearted response. Caring dove-gray eyes met his unflinchingly, and it was very evident in her features she was not yet ready to give up. With slender fingers she whiped away the solomn tear trailing down his face.
"You may have given up hope, but I haven't, and I still want to try. I hate seeing you so sad Slash...please let me try."

She did not want to force her help on him, however much she wanted to try and make things right for him. Her idea really might work, if only to see what became of his world.
Anxious, Maelthra waited for his response to her, keeping a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(9/27/04 2:21 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash smiled slightly. Maelthra cared so much about him, even if it weren't the same way he cared about her. That's all that really mattered to him.
"That's okay, Maelthra. I've adapted to this world anyway. If you don't want to see me sad, don't leave me. You're all that matters to me now. Though you may not understand it, but I love you. Whether it's you in general, or my dragon half becoming enchanted by you flute, I know these feelings are true enough. Please, don't leave me. If not as a love, then as a friend." Slash explains, somewhat calming himself in the process.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/27/04 7:24 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 For a moment Maelthra looked pained by his words, then she let out a soft sigh and shook her head. It was unfortunate, but she honestly did not understand his love for her. The spell that made her alive and feeling did not stretch so far as to encompass something as complex as love. And it pained her deeply to think of what she might be putting Slash through with this inability.
"I won't leave if I can help it Slash, I understand it is important to you that I stay. Perhaps some day I will try and explain why I do not understand your love, but not now."

Shifting, Maelthra withdrew her bone-white flute and stared hard at it. "I just don't see how you can give up on your planet like that. Don't you at least want to see what has become of it, or your loved ones?"
It just did not make sense. How could he give up on his home so wholly when it still caused him so much pain to think about?? She had the ability to at least make things partly right...and yet, if he did not want it...

Jester
Master of Laughter
(9/28/04 1:50 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash smiled when Maelthra gave him words of reassurance about not leaving him. But not understanding his love? What did she mean by that? He'd find out eventually, as she said. Now she went on about misunderstanding Slash about giving up. His smile faded and he slowly stood up. He turned his back to Maelthra before answering.
"It's just a feeling I now have. The outcome would probably devastate me more, which could potentially cause me to lose my mind. I don't need such a thing. No one does." After his words, Slash begins to stalk out of the cave.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/28/04 6:22 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra stared up at Slash's back as he stood and turned away from her. Her wings wilted a bit at his response, large eyes following his form out of the cave.
She would not argue it anymore...

Silent, Maelthra returned the flute to the folds of her dress and collected the lonesome egg. She had a task now to preform, and would try to the best of her abilities to make this egg hatch.
Holding it carefully, Maelthra left the cave as well. She finally realized how cold her damp form had become, the shivering in her limbs causing her teeth to chatter. She'd have to dry off soon...

Maelthra chose not to look for Slash. She had pushed the issue too far, and was not sure what his reaction to her would be at this uneasy time. So, she would have to move on to the next issue of the day, this egg.
Shifting to her true gargoyle form in all it's fierceness, Maelthra gingerly clutched the egg in her foreclaws and took flight, large leathery wings flapping.
Her knobby, grayish form cared surprisingly well in the air, and within moments she came upon a reasonably secluded and dry spot. Landing, she retained her most ugly form and curled around the egg to keep it safe and warm, one wing arched over it. At least this way she was dry...

Jester
Master of Laughter
(10/3/04 3:30 am)
Reply  Â«Slash
 Slash used the trees to his advantage. He had live in the forests of Sudonia most of his life and was well adapted to the woods. He kept a distance far enough to watch over Maelthra. When she converted to a fiercer form and began to fly away, Slash persued at his own pace, below the treeline. She finally landed and guarded the egg as if it were her own. Slash maintained his distance and kept a watchful eye on Maelthra. No fiend better dare go near.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/5/04 7:43 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra's cold gray gaze had closed, and she appeared to all as though sleeping. However, she was not, muscular body ready to pounce on any that dare threaten the egg.

It was hard to beleive, but this was her truest form. And most seldom used. Still, she felt the most whole and at peace in her original state, however fierce and ugly it may be. Then again, gargoyles were not all that pretty to begin with. Maelthra wondered if Slash knew about this form and what it truly was. He most likely did not...she had never mentioned it before. Still, it was so different from her petite humanoid form, and cute, tiny, chibi gargoyle form.

Why in the world was she thiking about that right now...?
Maelthra's large form gave a snort, eyes opening a bit and staring at the grass right in front of her stone-gray nose.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(10/5/04 10:52 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash
 It's surprising that the wet dog smell didn't give Slash away yet. He even forgot about being wet. He was crouched down by a tree with his head resting against the handle of his sword as he held it, sticking straight out of the ground. After all the exhaustion through the day, slash was just about ready to pass out. His eyes closed and thoughts of Baywolf and Amadea began to flutter through his mind. The comfort helped him doze off by his tree.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/6/04 7:18 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra was loosing herself in thought, numbing to the outside world. She did not even notice the strong odor of wet dog, for she was too far gone.
It had been far too long since she had seen Father, or Waelin for that matter. Oh, but she missed them both terribly. She could only wonder where her baby sister was...heh, Waelin had hated being the 'baby'. Maelthra had teased her often about being the younger sister, and now that she thought back on it, wished she hadn't. It was her incessent picking on that had driven Waelin to run away and find her independance...
Maelthra sniffed softly, surprised to find herself crying.
And Father...such a strong, cold man. But despite his calloused personality, she wished to speak with him again. To sit at his feet near the fire, listening to him breath as he read his spell casting manuscripts. And that nasty pipe of his...
She missed it all.

Sitting up, Maelthra gazed down at the lonely little egg. Perhaps it would soon be time for a trip home...

Jester
Master of Laughter
(10/12/04 11:11 am)
Reply  Â«Slash and the Egg
 Slash continued to sleep soundly as he dreamt about the good things in Sudonia. Meanwhile, just as Maelthra sat up, the egg began to move on its own. It seems like its time for the little one to hatch.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/12/04 6:09 pm)
Reply  ~*Dragon Piper*~
 (I think I'll let you decide what it looks like. It was your idea, after all. ^_^)

Maelthra jumped lightly, her large gargoylish form still on all fours. It was hatching, already? Oh...oh! Where was Slash!?
Alittle panicky, Maelthra bounced away a few steps, then came back to the egg, then dashed away again.
SLASH! SLASH, IT'S HATCHING!
She shouted at the top of her mental lungs. This form was not capable of normal speach, so it was the only way she could think to get ahold of him.

The egg was hatching! How exciting!!

Jester
Master of Laughter
(10/13/04 1:24 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash and the Hatching Egg
 Slash suddenly shot up from where he was resting, looking around with his sword in his hand. He was ready to attack anything that approached. He stood there for a moment before he realized that the mental yelling was Maelthra. He leaped around the tree, ready to defend Maelthra. All he coulf see was Maelthra in he large form, bouncing around the egg. It must be hatching. So Slash sheathed his blade and slowly walked towards Maelthra. After a bit of time of moving, the top portion of the egg begins to crack a little. Time to see a new life come out into the world.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/13/04 8:59 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra quickly shifted back to her humanoid form in a blaze of magick. Still wet, and again shivering, she knelt down by the hatching egg.
"It's hatching Slash!" She exclaimed softly, waving him closer.

A slender hand on either side of the egg, she gently steadied it as the baby made it's first struggle. That to come into the world and breath it's first breath of air.
This was one thing, despite all her years with the dragons, she had never before experianced.
She could hardly contain her excitement!

Jester
Master of Laughter
(10/14/04 2:23 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash and the Hatching Egg
 When Slash neared, he looked down at the egg and smiled. If only he were still in his world to watch Monarth's clutch hatch. That would have been spectacular. No matter. Can't dwell on current issues. A new life is always more important. A head suddenly pops out of the egg. An egg shell remains on the dragonling's face, preventing it from seeing as it attempted to look around. A smirk appeared on Slash's face as he crouched down to help out the little guy by removing the shell from his face. He is white and his back is covered with blue stripes. He first looks up at Maelthra with wide sky blue eyes and soon turns to look at Slash. His face is masked with blue of the same color that covers his back in stripes. The little guy lets out a big yawn, streaching out his dainty blue wings at the same time. The membrane inside the wings are white as well as the rest of his underbody. He returns his gaze to Maelthra and squeaks.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/14/04 8:46 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra's smile was immediate and dazzling. "Oh, he's so adorable..." She whispered softly, watching as he stretched his little wings and yawned. She barely managed to subdue a giggle as she looked upon the new hatchling.
This was so amazing...

A soft smile was given to the hatchling has it squeaked at her. "Why, hello little one. Welcome to the world." She murmured gently, removing him from what was left of the egg. He was just so cute and precious...her first dragonling ever. She was sorely tempted to play a song for the little creature, but could think of none appropriate for the miraculous circumstances.
"Wow Slash, look at this little guy." Her awe was all too apparent, but so was her gentle nature and natural want to take care of the dragonling.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(10/17/04 2:59 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash and the Dragonling
 Slash smiled as Maelthra picked up the little dragon. The little beast then cuddles up against Maelthra as if she were his mother. Slash couldn't help but chuckle a little.
"Uh oh. It seems he's grown a bit attached to you. Now you're gonna have to name the little guy." Slash notes soon after his hearty chuckle. The little dragon turned his head towards Slash and squeaked at him.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/22/04 9:32 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra giggled softly as the little dragonling cuddled up, not even realizing the sun was finally drying off her soaked form. At least now her dress wouldn't cling all over the place like it had been...

"A name..." Large dove gray eyes stared down at the little creature carefully. Many words flashed through her mind, before she finally settled on three. It may be confusing to Slash, but it made sense to her.
"D'lil Zeklet'taun. 'Of the Heavens', that is. Well, that'll be his proper name. We can just call him Mirshann for short."
Slash would not know it, but Maelthra's Father was a drow of supreme magick ability. Maelthra meant dragon, but she also had a longer, proper name as well.
'Mirshann' worked well with 'D'lil Zeklet'taun', because it meant 'Angel'. So, it was settled. Maelthra was pleased with the name, and gently cradeled the little dragonling close.
"Yes, Mirshann works well."

Jester
Master of Laughter
(11/2/04 7:08 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash and Mirshann
 The little dragon looked at Maelthra's face as she cradled him close. He looked at her with wide, sky blue eyes.
"Mirshann!" He squeaked with a small, high pitched voice. Slash smiled. The little guy learned quick. Slash couldn't help but notice how dark it was getting. He looked around but look up to the sky.
"We should head in to the village and look for a place to stay for the night. I'm not used to staying indoors, myself, but it'll have to do." Slash explains as he spreads his wings and waits for Maelthra before deciding to take off.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/12/04 7:43 pm)
Reply  ~Dragon Piper~
 Maelthra giggled and smiled down at the new dragonling. "Yes, very good Mirshann!" She praised, obviously quite proud.
She was having a serious motherly reaction to this whole situation.

Looking up at Slash, she nodded lightly. "Yes...besides, I still need to get a new dress. Especially now..."
The poor garmet was worse off than before, and she would definately need a new one soon.
Standing, and still holding Mirshann close, Maelthra opened her own leathery wings.
"Ready when you are Slash!"

Jester
Master of Laughter
(11/15/04 4:08 pm)
Reply  Â«Slash and Mirshann
 Once the little dragonling saw Slash and Maelthra with their wings spread open, he opend up his dainty wings as well. He felt like mimicing them for no apperant reason. Soon enough, Slash bolts into the sky and begins to soar over the forest towards Dark Mage Village.

(OOC: I'm debating whether or not to invade the thread concerning my panda twins. :P)

Anonymous

Okay, Blue, I'm gonna send them to the thread, concerning my panda twins, so follow me to The Mages' Cult.