Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Should Have Watched Where I Was Going (Smiley - PM to Join!)

Started by Sheshia, October 26, 2017, 09:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshia

Keithen yawns stretching out his back with a crack. He had gotten up about a few hours ago and went out to get some groceries from the local market before he heads out again on his way to a small village in the middle of Serpenity. It was the perfect day outside with a few clouds in the sky and the birds singing their morning songs. The market was not as busy as it in the afternoon at least.He would definitely be bumping into so many people that his head would have been swimming from the confusion, but at least he would know the general area he was in over all!

The market stalls had a few people walking around considering it was still early morning. The stall keepers were yelling out their produces quietly as if they were trying not to wake what people were still asleep. Keithen walks up to a small stall with cheese and squints his eyes trying to see what kind of cheese was available. From what he could tell from his darkening and blurry vision the cheese was just put out. He picked up a medium sized wheel of white cheese, "How much is this sir?" He asks the stall keeper who looks at him, "Five coin."

Keithen smiles pays for the cheese and goes about his shopping. Buying some herbs, more long lasting food like bread, jerky and dried fruits. Enjoying his time smelling the different scents, fresh bread, ale, and cheese plus many other scents but he really enjoyed the smell of burning wood.
When he was done he was walking towards the city gates, humming a happy tune. He must not have been paying well enough attention to airflow, vibrations and everything else since he bumped into someone who was twice his size making him fall back a bit before regaining balance, "I'm so sorry!" Keithen apologized looking at who he bumped into, from what he could make out he was a pretty tall man who towered over him. Still he felt so bad for bumping into him at least he did not make the man fall over.

Upon closer inspection Keithen saw that he was a paler type of man with a jay feather piercing on his left ear, well muscled also. Crap he might have awaken a giant. Hopefully he did not make him angry if he did that'll suck so much and he would rather the person be happy other than be angry.

@Smiley

Smiley

Aiden looked at the man who had bumped into him. He looked like he was a bit fearful and pleading. Aiden shrugged at the man knowing it was an accident. "No worries" was all Aiden simply said while he picked up Keithen's dropped supplies. "Here you go and please be more careful" Aiden gave a kind smile before turning around and walking away.

Aiden whistled softly to himself, he needed some grub and fast or else he would become ravenous. The only issue is that he was broke and had nothing to sell that had little importance. Aiden looked up at the signs of the bars that hanged over head. Each one different from each other ranging from colors to design and names. His eyes landed on the bar named "Grab a drink". This bar knew Aiden well enough of his travels and his money issues at time so the owner decided to make sure that when Aiden was out of money he could come in at any time to bartend to get that extra cash. The vampire walked on into the pub and was greeted by the boss who set him to work immediately.

"And thanks again for bartending today Aiden" the kind old lady thanked once more towards Aiden. She was the owner's grandmother so she knew a lot of what goes around in here considering how she lives upstairs to be watched over. Aiden smiled and waved towards the lady kindly before closing the door and locking it for the grandmother. His pouch of coins now sagged with the heavy pay he had earned. This please Aiden, it had been sometime sense he had something warm and delicious to look forward to eating. Though it would have to be bought tomorrow considering every restraunt was closed at this time. 'Minus well find a inn to stay at' Aiden thought to himself as he went to the closest inn.

Sheshia

Keithen sighs scratching his neck, he was just about to leave the city when someone decided to steal his cheese from under his nose. No one touched his cheese and food without paying for it dearly. "Looks like another night here." He looks at the signs trying to make out what they said again. They could atleast make the size bigger for those with problems seeing atleast, it'll also make it more noticible for customers at least also, which was good for income. Keithen sighs and counts his fingers on his right hand.

When he looks up someone passed him, it seemed like that guys who he bumped into earlier, "Hey sir!" Keithen calls out to the stranger walking up to him, "You have any idea where the closest inn is? I can't seem to find my way to one." He asked the man looking up at him smiling. Keithen was still holding what we left of his food he bought in his bag of clothes and other supplies, smiling even though his back ached a bit because of how heavy it was.

Smiley

"Oh it's you again" Aiden looked down at Keithen. "And yes, I do know where the nearest inn is at in fact I'm going to it right now" Aiden smirked and began walking once more. "You can join me if you would like" Aiden offered the shorter man "Name's Aiden by the way".Aiden looked at Keithen's goods, it was the same stuff from morning. "Here, let me take that" Aiden offered Keithen. He knew his back had to be aching by now with how heavy his bag is.

Sheshia

Keithen tilts his head at the man's generosity that was a first for sure. He caught up to the man and reluctantly handed him his bag,  "If it gets to heavy please let me know. Names Keithen by the way. " He did not want to refuse the mans offer that would have been rude and he would have felt terrible for refusing. Besides if he did run with his stuff he could always get more. 

The two passed another pub along the way.  The occupants seemed to be having a blast by the sound of it. "What brings you to this area Aiden? " He asks quietly looking around a lot as if he had his eyes out for something.

Smiley

"I'm just here wandering the area getting the basic supplies" Aiden's answer was simple. He readjusted the bag he had taken from Keithen. Aiden suddenly turned the corner. There was the inn named 'rest n' sleep'. "We're here" Aiden mumbles and opened the door, holding it open for Keithen. "Nice meeting you Keithen" Aiden hands Keithen his supplies and pointed towards the desk. "Register there and I'll see you around" Aiden walked away and up to his room for he had already checked earlier so he already had his key.

Sheshia

"Thanks I guess..." This would be fun. He looks towards the reception desk seeing the light coming from the candle that was lit and the receptionest was reading a book. He walks towards the reception desk and checks in. The receptionist looks at him looking him uo and down before shurgging and handing him a key, "Check out is around noon tomorrow. Breakfast would be delivered to your room. It would be just bread and some cheese with drink." Keithen smiles, "Good to now."

"The room is on the second floor and the four one down from the window." The receptionist shoes him along quiwtly and immediately returns to the book. Keithen felt sad for a moment remembering what it was like to read the big books with small print.

Along the way ro his room he accidentally ran into the wall at the top of the stairs (making him tumble a bit) as well as a small beam inconveniently places in the middle of the hallway! So now with a bloody nose he held it feeling the blood drip down his face, "Mother fucker." He grumbled cursing himself for running into the beam and well something else again. Night blindess was definetly his least favorite thing in the whole world thats for sure.

Eventually he retires to his room and spends the rest of the night sleeping in the same clothes he wore and woke up early the next morning deciding to eat his breakfast in the hallway outside his room not wanting to bump into the beam again nor not wanting to deal with the early morning drunks. So he sat there eating his bread listening to the dead drunks laughs loudly.

Smiley

Aiden opened his door and grumbled to himself, not happy that he was once again woken up by the drinks once more. He spots Keithen sitting on the floor eating his breakfast.
"Hello again"  greeted Aiden, who wasnt in a bad enough mood to be rude to other people. He simply kept on walking down the stairs. His hearing being sensitive he flinch when it got to loud.
'Stupid drunks' Aiden thought as he payed his bill for staying at the inn. "Would you like anything to eat and drink before you leave sir" the attendant asked kindly. "No thank you, i'll just stop by the market once more" Aiden declined, not really trusting the smell coming from the kitchen.

Sheshia

Keithen smilesbans waves good morning finishing the last bite of bread before getting up and grabbing his stuff over hearing Aidens destination. He walks down the stairs carefully making sure to not bump into anything and not tripping and falling down them as it still looked like it was dark to him within the inn.

After getting downstairs Keithen looks around,  sure enough drunkies we're everywhere. The smell was nauseating also. He walks over to Aiden and taps him on the shoulder,  "Wanna tag along with me to Seerpenity? I could use a travel partner just in case something happens along the way." He was quite happy considering everything else though he might have a concussion from all those times he ran into something he was still considerably happy over all with life,  still one day he might wake up completely blind and he did not want to worry about it.

Aiden thought for a moment before nodding. Whatever his reasons were they were his own and Keithen defiantly did not want to pry. He smiles and nudges the man out,  "Well let's go!  We're already a day late!"

Once the two of them reached the city gate they had already stopped and got some more cheese and more supplies for the journey then they were off walking about follow a trail. The days were better for travel then at night as the dangers would slightly lower than at the night.

Tags: