Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You're Alive?! {Eckhart}

Started by Celegwen, December 10, 2017, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

Idryth rested her hand on the pommel of her sword, releasing a long breath. She blinked, making her already red eyes assume the vertical pupil of a dragon. "This castle deserves a dragon beneath its roof," Idryth said, turning on her heel and walking to Emilia's left. "As you no longer hold claim to that title, I see no reason why I shouldn't keep your spot warm; metaphorically of course."

She walked to the wall to Emilia's left and leaned against it with her arms folded over her chest, lips curved in a grin and eyes glowing. "I quite like it here, so I'm staying."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia lifted an eyebrow, smile unchanging. "Don't flatter yourself- your family has no real clout." The woman walked to the throne, placing her hand on the armrest. "Tell me, when a king goes missing, does the royal court place a peasant on the throne?"

Celegwen

"That's not what's happened here," the dragoness said, stepping away from the wall. "Time for you to listen because I think you need to be hit with the truth, as cold as it might be." She walked around the room at a slow pace, something that always helped her to keep her cool.

She glared at Emilia, a feeling of annoyance growing towards the woman. "When a king goes missing, the royal court would look to his heir or a family loyal to the throne. Unfortunately for you, you have no heir, nor a loyal follower. Your kingdom has fallen, Miss Black-Hearth, and when a kingdom falls, it's free reign."

Idryth stopped, ridding herself of the glare and blinking away the reptilian eyes. "I would be more than happy to stand by you still, but I won't lower myself to be your servant. Would a queen throw away the only one left who is loyal to her because of something as petty as a bath?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia froze, the smile slowly fading from her face. She looked at Qiosara, then at her own feet. The woman blinked twice, a few stray tears falling from her eyes. Her hands clenched into fists, then released.

She looked at the dragon, her lips twisted into an odd grimace. "You're right..." she muttered. "Forget it, I was being stupid."

Celegwen

Idryth actually felt a twisting feeling in her gut that she assumed could only have been guilt. What the hell? She thought. I told the truth! Why...do I feel...bad?

She rubbed the back of her neck, her brows and slight frown indicating that she was upset. "If you want my advice," she said quietly, "start with a bath. I'll help you, but you're drawing it. Just take a bucket and we'll collect water. It'll be quick with both of us, then I'll heat it for you when you have enough."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"I'll do it myself." Emilia said flatly, cutting the dragon off mid-sentence. She turned slowly, beginning to walk away. "You've done more than enough..."

Celegwen

You bitch and moan about me fixing a bath, the dragoness thought, then reject my offer to help? What the fuck?

Instead of causing an issue about it, Idryth just let Emilia walk away. What did she care? If the woman wanted to do it herself, so be it! That's how it should be anyway!

"Miss Black-Hearth," Idryth started before Emilia was out of the room. "It won't always be this way."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia stopped, turning her head. "No." she said darkly. "It won't be." 

"Fuck you." the woman thought bitterly. "How dare you be... right?"

With that she would disappear into the hall, heading towards the citadel's bathing area. Upon reaching it and walking inside, she felt her heart sink even lower into her chest then it had already been.

The bathroom was... In a state of disrepair, to say the least. The fountains that had fed the bath weren't working anymore, with only one even producing a trickle of water. The walls and floor were covered in mildew, and the bath itself was filled with green, stagnant water. 

"Well then" Emilia thought. "This is a problem, isn't it?"

Walking out of the room, Emilia poked her head back into the throne room. "Qiosara, dear?" she said in an obnoxiously sweet voice. "I've changed my mind, I would like your help."

Celegwen

The woman disappeared for a moment, and Idryth sat on the ground against a wall. She placed her sword next to her, as sitting with a blade wasn't exactly the most comfortable. Her fingers gripped at the roots of her golden hair, her red eyes blinking back to the reptilian appearance.

The dragoness tilted her chin upward and started blowing dark smoke rings into the air. She held her finger in front of her mouth, breaking each ring as it came out.

Her attention was drawn when Emilia's voice reappeared. I didn't think she had that disgusting tone in her... Idryth thought, grimacing. With a slight sneer, she got to her feet again, sheathing her sword and ridding herself of the vertical pupils. Now she wants help.

"Come on," she said, sweeping her arm forward. "Lead the way. We need four buckets, or at least three. Where were the servants' quarters?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia blinked twice. "Shit." She had, of course, been raised to believe that a good servant should go entirely unseen by their employer- she had no idea where the servant's quarters were, or if the citadel even had any.

"Mmm, yes." Emilia said. "Right this way." She'd lead the dragoness deeper into the citadel's maze-like hallways, a confident spring in her step. "We'll find them eventually, no need to tell her anything."

Celegwen

We passed this hall twice now, Idryth though to herself, as she followed behind Emilia's confident step. She really has no idea where she's going.

The dragoness sighed, clenching and unclenching her jaw briefly because she knew Emilia was too proud to say that she didn't know. "Miss Black-Hearth, perhaps you know where the primary staircase is?" She asked in a huff. "The servants' quarters are located on the lowest floor of the castle like they usually are, correct?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Fuck."

Emilia turned her head to look at her guest. "Of course." she said, her voice oily. "Have patience, we'll get there."

"Shit, this is embarrassing."

Three more left turns later, the reached the main staircase. Peering over the railing, Emilia found herself unable to see where it ends. "Damn. How many floors does my house even have?" she whispered under her breath. Blinking, she began to descend, motioning for Qiosara to follow.

"Change the subject. Don't let her know you're getting lost in your own house."

"So tell me... Do you have any hobbies?"

"That sound natural, right?"

Celegwen

Small talk? Idryth thought. Really?

The dragoness rolled her eyes. "You've seen most of my hobbies. I swordfight and read, mostly. Besides the occasional mockery of humans, I focus my energy on things that are useful to me."

We don't have to fill the silence, Emilia. Just figure out where the fuck you live.

"Aside from reading for thousands of years, what are yours?"

Please, don't mention your closet.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Ahh, yes, practical is good." Emilia said absentmindedly. Internally she was kicking herself- hobbies were something she had none of.

"Wait... she thought. "I do have my collection..." Emilia ran her hand along the stone railing, slowing her pace slightly. "Qiosara's a girl, I should be able to talk to her about... Girl stuff... Right?"

"Well..." the woman began, trying her best to sound confident. "I enjoy following fashion- lingerie, in particular." Her lips quivered slightly. "I have a rather large collection of it back upstairs, some of it is antique- quite valuable."

Celegwen

She mentioned her closet, Idryth said, pursing her lips.

"Really?" The dragoness said, trying to sound intrigued by the unique collection. "I didn't picture you as one who would enjoy human garments of sexuality." She shivered slightly at the thought. Human sexuality... Did they seriously need to reproduce?

"I'd love to see the valuable ones. Just how antique are they?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Well, as long as our species is doing this "human form" thing, I see no reason to avoid it." Emilia said, happy that the girl seemed interested in her hobby. "Frankly, I'd like to look good in any form I may take." The human shot Qiosara a smile. "Besides, once you've seen enough young drakes take on svelte human forms, the lines between the two species begin to blur." 

"Did I just say that out loud?"

"I'm very old." Emilia added quickly. She put her finger to her chin. "Lets see... I have a whalebone corset that dates back about, erm, five hundred years? That's what got me started."

Celegwen

Did she actually just say that? Idryth thought to herself, disgusted by the idea of dragons mixing with humans. Dragons and elves were bad enough, as that seemed to happen more and more often, but why humans? Grotesque, pointless creatures...

"A whalebone corset?" The dragoness said. "That's fascinating."

That was actually truthful. Lingerie wasn't a pleasant topic of conversation for her, but corsets were fascinating. She didn't like them, but they held an element of mystery. For example, it was mystery why women would disfigure themselves and put their bodies through pain and discomfort to appear attractive to a male.

She chewed at her bottom lip curiously. "So, did you actually wear the corset?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Me? Ohohoho~!" Emilia tittered. "No. It was too small, my... assets wouldn't all fit." The human smiled wistfully. "I much prefer two piece sets. Much more freeing, and there's more variety in style."

"How long have we been here?" Emilia suddenly thought. The staircase seemed to never end. The lower they went, the darker it got- right now there was nothing but sparsely lit cancels lighting their path. "She had better be right about this, I don't want to have to walk back up these stairs for nothing."

"So." Emilia said abruptly. "Are you seeing anybody?"

Celegwen

At the mention of Emilia's 'assets,' Idryth found her eyes wandering to them. Being at a higher level than Emilia, the dragoness was able to gaze with ease. She quickly looked away, cursing herself for even thinking that way.

Idryth stepped carefully, not even realizing that the human woman probably wasn't able to see very well in the dark. Wasn't her problem, though.

"Seeing anyone?" Idryth repeated with a short laugh. "I'm not a romantic, Miss Black-Hearth. My time is better spent training and traveling, than fretting over whether or not my lady looks heavy in a dress. What about you? Since you've been back, has anyone caught your eye?"

She looked ahead, grinning in relief at the sight of the approaching bottom floor. It's about fucking time, the dragoness thought, pained at the thought of continuing idle chat.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Me?" Emilia asked, silently thankful that it was too dark for Qiosara to see her go red in the face. "None that have interested me, no." She lied, putting her hand to her chin. "People have tried, of course- I'm irresistible. They were all beneath me though, so I sent them away."

"Why won't anyone court me? Am I not good enough?" Emilia thought, suddenly feeling dejected. "I've tried everything, but nobody's ever interested..."

Stepping onto the final floor, Emilia looked around. Iron doorways lined the walls, and the dimly room held an air of oppression. "Ahaha!" The human woman laughed. "Did we really make our servants come to the dungeon to get their supplies? That's funny!"

Tags: