Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Started by Whim, February 11, 2018, 08:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quaggan

Signing up Doctor Ayleward for teaching about light and illusions! And being distracted by the students to go on unrelated tangents.

Arcanus

Eckhart_Von_Musel

I made a character for the Reliquary! Meet Adrian, the insect seeker!

platonicluv

I made a character! ^.^ Q here to make everyone laugh! :D He's 15 and ready to be squished down by the realities of school life :')

Icy

I'd like to enroll Sariandi as a first year student at the Academy!

quaggan

Whim

I'm hoping to do more with Wyrdwood in the coming months oriented more around academic intrigue and shady dealings around the school.  In particular I'm hoping to do a murder mystery, or a dangerous and vaguely illegal expedition. If anyone is interested in creating a researcher, or involving a character as a visiting scholar or affiliated explorer/adventurer you're more than welcome.

I'll be coming out with details in a few days, possibly based on what sort of characters get created.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

SilverLining

I got Ari - http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=25790.msg375255#msg375255
He is a spirit who took the form of a human. Not much to go off of him at first but he has gifts he can unlock as time goes on. He uses alchemy and the energy around him to aid him in his magic.

quaggan

Can I play the victim

I was thinking of making a researcher who became a vampire to have all the immortal time in the world to do her science! I'm also working on a Fae smith who makes items out of abstracts (i.e. a shield forged out of loyalty), he might want to visit and see if he can make something out of scholarly curiosity.

And of course, my Wyrdwood squishies are all willing to participate! If there are any shady dealings, Carvaine can light them up :3 I can have Ria loudly critique the guests' fashion choices, or send Vesyll's familiar on a rampage across the campus, and if there's a situation that needs to go south very quickly, Val can always make everything worse ^^

SilverLining

Quote from: quaggan on December 15, 2018, 05:04:24 AM
Can I play the victim

I was thinking of making a researcher who became a vampire to have all the immortal time in the world to do her science! I'm also working on a Fae smith who makes items out of abstracts (i.e. a shield forged out of loyalty), he might want to visit and see if he can make something out of scholarly curiosity.

And of course, my Wyrdwood squishies are all willing to participate! If there are any shady dealings, Carvaine can light them up :3 I can have Ria loudly critique the guests' fashion choices, or send Vesyll's familiar on a rampage across the campus, and if there's a situation that needs to go south very quickly, Val can always make everything worse ^^
Know weather or not to worry about some characters stated above.

quaggan

And my fae is up! If Neese's visit is not enough to keep the scholars satisfied, he can show up, steal their curiosity to make it into a pair of lens, steal their work ethic to make a tool out of it... or maybe some of the brave Reliquary people decide to raid the Clockwork Mountain for his work!

Yeti

I have a potential familiar teacher in the works right now I'd love to apply to Wyrdwood with. He could be part of the Reliquary as an anomaly himself.

Whim

Quote from: Yeti on February 15, 2019, 11:27:22 AM
I have a potential familiar teacher in the works right now I'd love to apply to Wyrdwood with. He could be part of the Reliquary as an anomaly himself.

<3
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

kash

Character: Kash Pandu, interdisciplinary research fellow and graduate of the institution.

Extra Info: Having read all of the books in Serendipity's library system through his Mass Inscription Processing Spell, he is able to help out with interdisciplinary research problems that require broad familiarity with several different topics. He is given clearances to access most of the facilities of Wyrdwood and to go to other countries on behalf of the academy in order to seek out new books and acquire the information within them through the use of his signature spell.

Pips

Signing up Sainav Frage, Wyrmwood Cook-Student and undisputed Top Baker!

Sarang

Hiya! I'd love to join in and add my underclassman student into the mix if you have me :)

Ryana N'vaar

Hope

Got a new apprentice to sign up!
Jaxius Ravenor, the moody life magician who's unafraid to do whatever feels right, even when it's wrong.

Extra: Extremely loyal to friends; usually very disciplined but when it's about defending his friends, he can get a little hotheaded & jump into fights; comes up with undeniably fascinating, yet very ethically questionable, research theories.

quaggan

Signing up this asshole, to do what Ria has too much common sense to try. Blaise is the kind of a person who'd try to get Skrudge to participate in a shell game by saying he's hidden a piece of contraband under the cup.