Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Longbeard's Inclinations

Started by Longbeard, March 21, 2018, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longbeard

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Not really sure I have a favorite, I enjoy various types of plots and am generally open to engaging in most kinds of stories.  Relationships?  I have never had a character who has been involved in a romantic relationship with another character (either player run or NPC), but if the situation was right I could envision it.  Otherwise just looking for some companions for my character, and some fun people to meet and interact with.   

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Least favorite is probably romance, otherwise open to most anything.

What are your favorite character types to play?

I enjoy many types of characters, anything from inconsequential minor characters that are mainly used to add a bit of flavor to the story or to interact with others (if the situation is right and it serves the game I don't even mind seeing characters die).

Tend to avoid humans, I am a human so don't really want to play one. :P

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

I like a bit of both.  It is always good, in my opinion, to have a bit of a plan to help guide me and others....but love when a twist happens that I wasn't expecting.

How do you feel about group threads?

Love them, really enjoy working with others to create a story.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

I tend to post a few times a week, 2-3 or so, depending on the pace of them game.  If at any point a week goes by without a reply someone should probably check to be sure I am still alive.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

I don't mind waiting a few weeks, especially if the other poster is dealing with some real life stuff.  I am patient, usually not a pushy kind of player.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?

Never tried it, have barely used instant messenger in the past decade.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)

Don't mind it, as long as both players are on the same page and keeping pace with each other.  The enjoyment disappears if one of the players isn't being very patient and is running ahead of the other.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

Depends on the situation, some posts may need to be longer while others can be shorter just to keep the scenario moving.  I tend to be on the medium to shorter end though, the shortest is still usually a few paragraphs long though.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

I am not a fan of metagaming, takes a lot of fun out of the experience.  Not a fan of undefeatable characters, or those who refuse to play within the limits of their character.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

I just try to play fair, so won't godmod or metagame (call me on it if you see it).  Try hard to avoid creating Mary Sue or Gary Stu types, it isn't much fun if your character is the best at everything.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

Depends on my relationship with the other player, as I get to know others I tend to be more trusting with them.  Minor stuff seems legit, and I can always roll with it, but don't like major movements or repercussions being imposed. 

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

Generally don't get into romantic situations, so not really sure what my comfort level would be. 

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

Completely comfortable, nothing here bothers me (maybe sexual assault, depends on how it is used in the scenario).

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

Comfortable with this, depending on it's use it could add a lot of emotion to a scene or help to develop a character better.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)

This works well in fantasy scenarios, as long as the reason for the healing makes sense in-game it's all good.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)

Don't have a problem with this, characters should be subjected to things that are out of their control from time to time.  Helps to develop a character, and could make for some in-game fun or shenanigans.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)

I am usually laid back, patient, more than happy to collaborate, and tend to be easy to get along with.  I am always open to chat if someone sees something I can improve on, or something I should avoid doing, etc....so feel free to drop me a line and say hello.

:)

Tags: