Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

BryceTheDozy's Wants/Limits

Started by BryceTheDozy, March 22, 2018, 02:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BryceTheDozy

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I am open to any and all plots, stories, arcs, relationships, etc. If it can make sense and be good storytelling then there is no limits.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I really don't dislike any sort of plots or relationships. If we can make it work, I'm down to play ball.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I find I tend towards somewhat tragic characters. Ones who are flawed but try their best, while not always succeeding. I try to make them somewhat likable (even the ones who aren't meant to be good guys) despite their shortcomings.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I like to do a mix of the two. I find I tend towards improvisation, but do like to have a central idea in place. Basically I just like to have an overarching goal or plot framework to the improvise around let it influence each other.

I never like to have things set in stone however, except in very rare circumstances. If something happens along the way that would change one of my plotted events, I relish the fact.

How do you feel about group threads?
I'm more than happy to do group threads, though I usually like to have some sort of posting order or at least an understanding to give someone a chance to reply if they are directly interacted with before moving on. Aside from that, I don't mind skipping a few turns if a dialogue or something similar is occurring with some other characters.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I tend to try to reply within a week at the latest, but when things are well I can usually do so within a day or two. If I haven't replied within a week or so, please feel free to message me!

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I don't really abandon projects easily, unless agreed upon, so I honestly won't give up on a thread unless a few months have passed and/or it no longer makes sense to work it into the RP.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I've never really toyed with it too much, but am down to try it!

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
If we're in the zone and I have free time, I love to do this! It can especially be good when there is dialogue going on that requires shorter faster posts to respond back and forth.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I LOVE detail, of any sort. Facial expressions, body language, scenery, etc. Anything and everything that paints a picture and gives me (or anyone else involved) something to work with.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I love characters that are likable but flawed. Ones that, whether they are bad or good, are interesting and not perfect.

Aside from that, like above I enjoy detail with character actions. Describing a character's facial features or body language during a scene can make a world of difference for me.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I try to avoid characters that exist only for the sake of being cool or powerful. I like characters who have challenges and quirks, ones that aren't all powerful or omniscient.

That being said, this universe is new to me so I'm trying to keep a fairly open mind. No harm in trying at least!

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
I'm all game for most things if it helps keep things smooth. Unless we're in combat or it's fairly detrimental to my character, feel free to do whatever.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I don't really have any limits on this, I think relations like this can be very strong additions to an RP. Any sort of ties that bring characters closer is excellent story fuel in my book!

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I tend to prefer most things be implied rather than stated, but that's more due to personal interest than comfort. If you feel the need or like to write these things in detail, then feel free! I won't shy away from it, I simply don't do it myself all that much.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
Again, no real limits as long as it makes sense.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
I'm fine with basic healing, such as patching wounds or curing illnesses. But please refrain from curing any sort of curses, disabilities, or similar long-standing effects until we discuss it.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Like above, I'm fine with most things. Like if my character were to have their form changed to an animal or something that's fine. But curses like vampirism, lycanthropy, and other long-term effects, should be discussed first.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
Nope, not that I can think of! Really I'm down for anything as long as it will make for a good story.

Tags: