Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ravenbraid's Wants and Limits

Started by Ravenbraid, May 05, 2020, 12:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravenbraid

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

For Ragya (and her sisters): She does well with strong platonic relationships. Etain is pansexual but the rest of her sisters are generally disinterested in sex and romance. Ragya understands that if she ever were to let someone get close to her, romantically, they couldn't want to be with just Ragya. She's a package deal. As for plots, Ragya has a personal plot where she's trying to hunt down a specific djinn, so there's always opportunities for to meet people along the way. One way or another, I would like to write about her acquiring horses and starting a business on the side.

For Kai: She's good for slow-burning, unrequited romance on her side, and angst because boy if you fall for her she will hurt you. She'll probably hurt herself too, but that's her problem. Also has a mortal weakness for cute boys she probably can't have, which is again, her problem. Kai is also the kind of person who's comfortable with hookups and friends-with-benefits relationships, so long as her partners don't ask for more than that. As for plot, " bonding over work/doing a job together," "monster vs monster hunter," "Kai getting caught doing something bloody," etc. and I'm generally interested in interacting with other werewolf/shifter characters.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Please do not come at me with a character who wants to "fix" my characters or befriend them right off the bat.

What are your favorite character types to play?

Strong women of color

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

I generally like to have a setup and a plot trajectory then seeing where things go from there, but I'm very used to getting stuff thrown at me and having my characters respond accordingly.

How do you feel about group threads?

Love em. Most of my early RP years were done in big group threads.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

Uhhhh depends on how many spoons I have at a given time to sit and think about what my character would do before trying to put it into words. Give it... about a week at most.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

Depends on the importance of the thread.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?

Used it some, more interested in forum posts.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)

-grabby hands- I'm here for it.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

Anything between a short paragraph to a few paragraphs. I can't write novella, but I CAN draw comic pages. If anyone wants to do a purely drawn RP hmu.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

When it reads like something out of a book. -chef kiss-

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

Overly complex prose. i.e. using "orbs" or "ochules" as a replacement for writing "eyes." Overly formatted text also annoys me.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

People can write that they "attempt to do ____" to my characters but I prefer if it's left up to me to write what happens to them. Just to get a little meta here, my characters greatly value their personal agency. Ragya is a former slave and Kai is fiercely independent (because spoiler: she's afraid of getting too attached to people). They hate being controlled, and as a writer I'm not going to have any fun if I can't control my characters either.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

Like with threads, I'm okay with setting characters up and giving them a trajectory but I'm also a fan when things happen naturally. Kai is a tragic character, which makes romance related angst easy to write for her. Ragya tends to be too focused on her objectives to really have relationships?

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

I don't write smut, violence is fine, drug use is also fine, alcohol use is fine, sexual assault is not. However, violence should be tasteful. I find it distasteful when people write their characters being unnecessarily violent just to show off how strong they are.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

As a writer I'm fine with it but I don't really see my characters ever getting involved with those kinds of plots.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)

Its not the scars on the outside they need healed, lol.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)

Big nope, see above about character agency.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)