Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Downfall of Pride [Spice!]

Started by Zero, May 23, 2022, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Ketu quietly seethed the entire time they were carried back to the wagon cage. It was hardly dignified being lugged around like cargo. These insignificant little pests, treating him with such disrespect?

He grunted when he was shoved into the cage, and moments later hissed angrily as Urd fell on top of him - again. Ketu was a very angry dragon. His wounds hurt, he felt exhausted, and these lesser creatures had the nerve to capture him, to tie him up like some animal!

"Why are you crying? I am the wounded and insulted one here!" There was not a shred of empathy or compassion towards the woman that had brought this misfortune down upon him. "Why are they even doing this?"

Ketu did not associate with humans regularly - on principle. He was not entirely knowledgeable on all their customs. This included the practice of slavery.

visualspice

She eventually crawled far enough away from him, but the cage was small, and although she had escaped through a loose bar- the men had saw to it and fixed it-
not that she could do much, bound as she was. She slumped forward, trying to figure out what next to do. What were the odds she could break out of the cage twice?

And then the other man spoke- angry and gruff.
She felt a pain of guilt and grimaced. It was her fault he was here.
Granted, it was nice she wasn't alone- she had been so frightened to be held captive but...
this poor man hadn't any clothing and his body, now that she could get a better look at it, looked worse for wear. Someone had wanted this poor man dead.
Now she was helping him off to another fate- perhaps just as bad as whomever plagued his life.

"I'm sorry," she said after a time, her voice hard, gruff- but she was serious. "This bad luck of mine was not a good one to share."

And at his questions, she lowered her gaze in thought, then looked at him, shaking his head.

"They are likely slavers- aiming to sell us to other men. For work.. or play."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Ketu didn't respond to the apology with more than a dismissive huff. Apologies were cheap. Saying sorry didn't change the fact that he was tied up in a cage.

He squirmed on the floor of the wagon, trying to get into a more comfortable position while he listened to Urd explain that they were currently being held by slavers. The concept seemed absurd to him. Did the monkeys really sell each other like cattle? Just another reason to look down on them.

"They will die screaming." Ketu wasn't going to be sold. He would be strong enough to shatter this silly cage long before they got the chance to sell him.

visualspice

Urdarzha gave him a rueful smile.

"Screaming.. and hopefully gurgling on their own blood so that they can suffer unto the last drop of their life."

These men had already taken enough from her. If she had the power, she would gift them the same.

She eyed the naked, injured man before her. He looked beaten.. exhausted.. but there was a certain air about him...

"Are you from these lands?" The young woman asked.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Ketu flashed a downright sinister grin at the description. Yes, those stupid primates should die choking on their own blood. That would be a fitting death for lowly creatures that dared lay their filthy hands on him.

It was just a matter of time and patience.

"I was born near here. This is my rightful domain." Ketu knew that humans had strange ideas about who, how, and why this human or that human 'owned' certain lands, but that was of no concern to him. Human notions of property had no bearing on his territory.

visualspice

"Domain?" Urdarzha perked up, large eyes transfixed upon him.
"What do you mean? Are you a chief of your tribe?"

Zero

"I mean this is my territory." Forget the territorial fight he'd just lost earlier that very day. It was a fluke. Ketu gritted his teeth, reminded at the sheer amount of indignation he'd been forced upon today.

"Tribes are for monkeys. I don't need one. I am enough alone." He squirmed in his rope bonds again, wondering just how tight they might be. If he could get out of them it would be more comfortable - and easier when it came time to destroy the cage to regain his rightful freedom.

"These stupid ropes! Stupid apes!" The snarl and brief thrashing ended with a grunt of pain and a rather petulant pout.

visualspice

Urdarzha blinked. So he was a loner? And if he ruled here..  what had happened that he ended up like this?

Her frown deepened as he struggled, thrashing uselessly before she turned away. He looked human but kept speaking strangely.  But he was also acting like a child.

Even still.. she felt bad for him. Her consequences were now his. 

"We'll find a way out," she promised, more words than truth. What could they even do? They were bound and caged.

And the caravan continued to roll on.

Zero

Ketu stopped struggling with a huff, not caring how his behavior was perceived by this woman or any of the other humans for that matter. It wasn't so far off to call him childish, after all, he was still fairly young, barely out of the nest.

"Once I have recovered my strength escape will be simple." His own escape, he really didn't care what happened to Urd. This was all her fault anyway!

With another unhappy rumble, he tried to make himself more comfortable as he closed his eyes. His strength would return quicker with rest, although Ketu's brow remained furrowed instead of smoothing out. It was hard to fall asleep tied up and uncomfortable.

visualspice

Urdarzha considered what he said. Recover their strength...
She did feel exhausted, after all that hiding and running...
But she was still too anxious to just.. just close her eyes like her fellow captive was.

So she sat there a moment before finally asking him, "I'm Urdarzha. Or Urd, for short.." she chewed on her lip a moment before asking. "What's your name?"

Zero

Ketu sighed and opened his eyes, turning to look at his cage mate. What did it matter? Why bother with introductions? It wasn't like he cared what her name was, and he saw no reason why she should care what his was either.

Still, they were stuck together for now, whether he liked it or not.

"Ketu." He tsked after a few moments.

visualspice

She tilted her head, curious.
"Ketu?" She repeated.  "Interesting name... does it mean anything?"

Zero

"It means leader." Ketu paused and frowned thoughtfully. "It can also mean brightness or ray of light."

Name meanings weren't particularly interesting to him, but he at least knew the meaning of his own name. Ketu had never put much thought into it beyond that, though. His name was something given to him, not earned, and so the meaning wasn't all that meaningful to him.

"What about yours? Does it mean anything? Or is it just the sound other monkeys make to get your attention?" Honestly, at the root of it, that was the function of all names, regardless of race.

visualspice

She snorted at his reply. 
"You have a funny way of referring to other humans. " she shook away her smile. 
"I was adopted by my family. I was born from the north. They gave me a name fitting of when they found me. It means 'fate by the moon'."

Zero

"Is it funny? You're all monkeys to me." Ketu genuinely couldn't really fathom that much difference between humans and other primates. Sure, humans were marginally more intelligent than other primates (this is arguable) and they were decent at using tools, but other than that...what was the difference? Less fur? Big deal.

visualspice

Urd smiled again.  The man must have some story to tell about other humans.

"I suppose you're not wrong," She mused, staring over at the slavers. "Some are barbaric apes."

Zero

Some?

More like all.

"At least you're self-aware." Some humans thought so very highly of themselves. At least the woman seemed somewhat humble. Ketu could stand her more than the slavers, which was a plus.

"Do you have any other trivial questions, monkey? The sooner I rest, the sooner I escape." Apparently Ketu didn't have much use for her name. Or he forgot.

visualspice

Urd studied the man with more interest.
He kept talking about apes and monkeys.. as if he himself were no human...

Yet he looked very much human to her. This made her frown in thought. Before she thought better of it, she asked ,"What are you?"

Zero

The question took him slightly aback. Did she really have no idea? Could she truly mistake him for a mere human so easily? So what if he was in a human form? It should be obvious that he wasn't one of those brainless monkeys!

"I'm a dragon. Obviously." Given his current appearance it really shouldn't seem so absurd to him that he could be mistaken for something else, but Ketu wasn't exactly in the most rational frame of mind.

visualspice

Urd just stared at him.
Then, without much thought behind it, she laughed.