Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dead End

Started by visualspice, September 30, 2022, 06:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Vlint's eyes narrowed at her assessment.

"You presume it's that large?" His frown deepened at that. Perhaps she could sense more than he with beasts. But if what she presumed was correct, there were only a few creatures so large that could make such a hole.

He swore between his teeth as the sound rumbled again, much closer, and this time his ears picked up on its movement.

"If what you say is accurate," Vlint'nel continued, "Then we're in for a rough ride. If it's a burrowing creature, it's likely a ever-deep worm. They can't see, but won't need to. It can probably detect us by our body heat and when we talk and move." Then he realized something and turned more fully towards Cassava.

"Are worms in any area of your expertise? Because as far as I know, they're tough to kill and hard to get around in the Under dark tunnels."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

ice

The winged woman was just frowning as she heard his first question. She was more like a wasp then any other insect. Though she could talk to them and understand their languages. Though not all of them were friendly and not all of them feared her like most did.

" Yes I do. " She answered his questions. She felt fear though . She really did fancy fighting whatever this creature was . Though she knew that this thing might consider them food.

She may have been a queen but. There was always others who wanted to kill her.

She then heard what he said next.in deed shad come across one of those before. The most it was said to her was that he was hungry.

" indeed I am knowledgeable about worms. If this is the worm you speak of then we are definitely going to have a fight. Though they do fear fire."

She then heard it's voice. It was just barely adorable at the moment. She could one word.

" It says master." She said said in a quiet voice. She wondered what that could mean.
My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

visualspice

Vlint'nel raised a brow.
"You hear something?" he asked, voice low. "Can you speak with it?"
Another rumble made him tense. The thing was getting ever closer.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

ice

The winged woman could indeed hear the sound of the creature speaking. It was talking in a very accident language. She could understand that it was looking for someone. Though she was not sure who it was yet.

" Yes I can hear her talking. She's looking for someone she's referring to as master." She said to the male now.

She then cocked her head and nodded." Yes I can talk to her. " She said to him now. Though there was no gauntee weather that the creature would be friendly or not.
My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

visualspice

The dark elf frowned. 
"No doubt the beast is not." His red eyes flicked around, noting a few recesses on the ceiling. He gestures towards it.

"It might be wise we take refuge, allow the beast to pass." He looked to her wings, then asked, "fly ahead to those recesses up there. Ensure they're safe and that we can fit. " he drew out two long, gnarled daggers that glinted off whatever feint light was offered. "I'll climb up behind you. Let's make haste."

ice

The winged woman just nodded as he spoke. Now she was not really wanting a fight with the creature that was coming ever closer to them. So hiding was indeed the best way to go.

" Okay I will go up there. I will let you know if it's big enough." She said to him now.

She then spread out her wings and took flight. As she did that there was a little bit of a buzzing sound. That was made by her wings. though she didn't offer she was strong enough to carry the man if he wanted her to.

As she got closer to the leadge she could see that there was plenty of room for both of them to hide safely. With that in mind she landed then looked back to the man and motion that everything was good and safe.

My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

visualspice

Long before she had found purchase, Vlint'nel was beginning his ascent- digging in heavily with skillful strikes of his blade. The lean muscles of his body tensed as he began to drag himself bodily up the tall cavern side with impeccable speed. He hadn't considered, nor dared to burden this stranger, to ask for a 'lift', as he was of stubborn stock, one that kept to the self sufficient attitude, as he made haste. 

He was still several yards away when from around the darkened corner the massive form of the beast appeared, and Vlint'nel swore and began to climb faster where he could. But his next strike with the daggers faltered, and suddenly Vlint'nel was left dangling off the cave wall- with a mighty wormed beast heading clean his way.

ice

The winged woman was now perched on the leadge . She was watching the man as he made his way up to where she was. Now normally she would have offered to help. However she got the feeling that this man would not need it.

That was until she saw him slip. And she could hear the other creature getting closer to them. Then she saw it.comming. It was time to offer some help to the man.

So she flew down to where he was hanging. She knew she needed to hurry up and get him to safety.

" Here let me help you get the rest of the way up . " She said as she flew beside the man. She was close enough to where she could get a hold of him if he accepted her offer.

" Just grab on to me and I will fly us to safety." She said now. She knew that they didn't have enough time to argue about it right now. So she hoped he would take her offer.

My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

visualspice

Vlint swore through a growl and looked from the winged woman to the massive beast heading their way. He didn't have a choice, and nodded before taking her hand.  It was a risk, he knew... but what other choice did he have? Once he had a firm grip on her, he commanded ,"Fly."