Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

There’s a Silver Lining Out There Somewhere [open]!!

Started by wandering_giraffe, September 27, 2023, 09:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wandering_giraffe

"Wait a second...could you take power from me? Just to come back?"
Kael sighed, adjusting his knapsack and then leaning behind him and using it as a headrest.
"You can feel the fire? Do you want me to bring you closer to it?"

visualspice

If she could be seen, she'd have been bristling. As it was, she was just a piece of paper.

"Not.. exactly what I meant.." she replied, dryly. But then at his query, if the paper could smile it would.

"Throw me into the fire." She commanded.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

wandering_giraffe

"You want me to throw you into the fire...hell no!"
But then he contemplated it. And thought about it.
Finally he sighed, gently throwing the piece of paper into the fire.
"Gods above I hope I don't regret that."

visualspice

It probably sounded like a silly request- after all, what did paper do when it met with the flame? But flames were her element... she was born unto fire and would not die unto fire. Her connection was as pure as the element itself. 

So when he had reservations she felt the swelling of anger within, old emotions- power, purpose, envy and as she went to reprimand him with an earfull- the page was tossed into the flames.

She released a euphoric gasp as the flames surged all around her- the power and wildness of their heat surging through and fueling her with such power that the winds all around them  began to carry and the fire began to spark in pops of threats as a haunted limb of fire rose up from the page like a serpent.

A rush of heat exploded out in a spiral, the flames suddenly curling around the ghostly flame within- and twisting.. writhing the form seemed to moan in pure ecstasy before the middle flame that rose upon the sheet took shape- first a rough outline of a woman- naked and pure- like an unfinished carving, then limbs took shape- a head and the growth of long hair. Still she moaned, her body leaning and tilting within a spiral in the flames as they rose higher and higher before she cried out and a waved of pure heat abd light erupted- blindingly so..

But in the aftermath she stood, poised, a figure of commanding power and beauty with her head held high and her body layered in lavish robes of a forgotten time.

"Oh.." she moaned, stretching a limb and curling her fingers as they trembled before she drew rhe hand back against her body and shivered. "I am back.." Then it turned into a laugh, a mocking, bark of a noise with a toss of her head.

"I AM BACK!!!"

And before the man now stood a fire bodied woman of rhe flames- a haunting vision created of thr flames as she wrapped her arms around herself with a shudder of pleasure. She looked like a phantom flame, a gorgeous figure with a memorizing figure.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

wandering_giraffe

First Kael thought he had burned the paper...but then a figure arose out of the crackling flames, seeming to have been made of fire herself.
Kael cried out and fell back, drawing his sword in haste.
"What are you?" He questioned, both in fear and in wonder.

Her cries of "I am back!" Sent chills down his spine, something in his soul signaling this was not good.
"You're back? From what[i/]?" He yelled.
Oh this was not good.

"What have I done?" He whispered to himself, watching as she formed completely.

But then...all rationale left him as he saw her finished figure.

"You're beautiful," he said in hushed tones, still holding the sword in front of him.

visualspice

She continued to make soft, contented noises- like a lover after the act. It was as if she hadn't even noticed Kael and his floundering. 

"It has been too long," She moaned, stretching her limbs - her form still vibrant, like a fiery ghost.

Then turned to him, eyes half lidded, appearing like a cat in the cream. 

"What is your name, so that I might remember he who awakened me."

wandering_giraffe

Kael wasn't sure if he wanted her to remember his name...he lowered his sword but kept alert.

"My name is Kael. How long have you been...stuck like that?"

visualspice

She considered all that he spoke in a digestive silence.
"Too long, it seems.  But I can not know. Essryn.." she hesitated, almost afraid to ask. "Tell me.. does the empire still reign over all?"

wandering_giraffe

"The empire? What time period are you asking about exactly? As of now, the Shah rules over Essryn...well, honestly, the Shah is rather a symbol."
He looked around, as if to make sure no one else could hear.
"The merchant princes control the flow of things...it is best not to get on their bad side..."

visualspice

The fiery illumination grew subtly brighter as she listened. 

"It seems much time has passed."

She pursed her lips to consider this. It meant.. and confirmed.. her brother's original empire had fallen.

"Much has changed in this world.."
She now turned her attention to her ward.

"Tell me.. how long would it take to travel to the city of Essryn?"

wandering_giraffe

"Around a couple of months...maybe 1 month if we booked it..."
He scrutinized Hebara.
"But...aren't you...fire? Of sorts? How exactly does all of," he gestured at the fire and her, "this work? How will you eat? How will you drink?" He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.
"If we do go to Essryn, I will need to hunt one last time to get enough food for the way back."

visualspice

The fiery woman went quiet, a subtle surprise taking over as she simply stared at him. 

Did she have to explain everything? And eat? For the King 's sake... she was fire. But that was trivial- eating was something those mortal had to do. She had broken her very being, her very soul and essence down into the protection spell..

But for what? Well.. if the word still lived...

Then her brother had the chance to rise again.

"I will command what I require," She stated simply. "I'm not a living being, not in the way as you are. Not any longer."

She wasn't about to explain- it would be far too complex to just describe to any normal person.

But one month...
Essryn was farther away than she had hoped. But she supposes in this form.. she bad had all the time she needed.

And she also considered another detail as she cast scrutinizing gaze upon Kael. Humans always were out for themselves...

This one seemed a little too eager to help. Perhaps it was because she always had to withstand the scrutinizing gaze of others.. considering who her brother was.

wandering_giraffe

"Oh ok...well...I'm going to go hunt one more time..."
And with that Kael was gone, going from tree to tree checking his snares he had set out. First snare there was nothing but a squirrel...second snare was also nothing...but the third snare had a scared bear cub. Kael cursed. He knew better than to mess around with bears, even on a good day. This was not good. Mother bears were notorious for their protective tendencies. He cautiously approached the bear cub, and drew his knife.
"I'm just cutting you loose, I'm not going to hurt you," he whispered, carefully cutting the ropes that had trapped the bear cub.
The final rope snapped, and the bear cub got up, and without taking a look back at Kael, ran the other way into the undergrowth.
Kael let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. Everything was good. No angry mama bear to contend with.
He stood up and put his knife away, only to see a very enraged mama bear, running straight at him.
Kael rolled to the side, making the mama bear run headfirst into a tree.
The bear charged at him again, and he tried to dodge, only the bear's paw caught him in his side. He let out a grunt of pain, and fell, preparing to defend himself, when the baby cub ran out, making the mama bear forget about Kael and turn her attention to her cub. They lumbered off and Kael was left alone.
His shirt had torn, and he was bleeding, but ok. He put a makeshift bandage on his side and stood up, wincing in pain and picking up the squirrel he had gotten from the first snare, and made his way slowly back to camp.
He got back and practically collapsed onto a log by the fire, breathing heavily.
"Got a squirrel, and that's it."

visualspice

Hebara remained a radiant figure amid the flames, poised with statuesque grace. But the moment he returned, a disheveled mess, she cocked an eyebrow at him.

He showed her the squirrel.

"That small rodent will... feed you through the month?" She didn't comment about the way he looked, but she was thinking it... how did he get into such a state? Surely not by hunting and capturing the little rat...

wandering_giraffe

"No, no............I'll eat it. In a second," Kael explained, breathing heavily.
"Fucking bears," he angrily muttered to himself, starting to skin the dead squirrel so he could cook it.
"So, I assume you want to travel to Essyrn? It's a long journey."

visualspice

Hebara watched, which was all she could really do from where she had turned animated over the fire. Her parchment remained beneath her, but the flames danced and created her form of life and light.

She heard the grumbled word bear and had to wonder if that's the beast that did this to him. She had only ever read about bears in books.

At his words, she frowned and lifted her head, as if looking down her nose at him.

"Of course! It's of the utmost importance and urgency that we travel there!"

wandering_giraffe

Kael realized that he hadn't asked "why" very much, the pain in his side was clearing his head, and giving him some rationale.
Now seemed like a very opportune moment to ask "why".
"Why, exactly, is it so important to get to Essyrn? You don't happen to be entangled with the merchant princes do you? Because I have reasons I'd rather not go anywhere near the princes."
He shifted on the log he was currently sitting on, having finished skinned the squirrel and put it over the fire where Hebara wasn't to cook it.
"Don't get me wrong, I'll happily take you there, but I don't plan on landing in an Essyrni jail anytime soon."

visualspice

Hebara stared at the squirrel sizzling as it roasted, then looked to the man. Afraid of merchants? Go to jail? It figured she would have been awakened by a criminal.

She continued to look down at him, her figure a poise of perfection- and the sign of a woman who knew power, confidence and came from aa noble blood line.

"The reawakening of my brother is a power far beyond that of mere merchants.  He is the one true king to rule this world.  And holds incredible wealth, knowledge, ambition and power. "

wandering_giraffe

"The world? All of Le'raana?" Internally Kael was beginning to think this Hebara was a bit unhinged.
"You act like he's done this before..." Kael said, choosing his words carefully.

"Let me clarify something. All is not well and good in Essyrn. The merchant princes are corrupt, evil men and I've been cleaning up their messes for years. "If your brother can stop the merchant princes..." he paused for a second, taking a breath to think.
"Then I might finally have found a cause to fight with."

He finished cooking the squirrel, taking half of the meat for now and leaving the rest over the fire to dry it and prep it into strips for the journey.
He held out half of the meat to Hebara.
"Would you like some?"

visualspice

Hebara kept her air of confidence, even as she could sense his reservations.

"Of course all is not well. The true King of Essryn has not yet secured his throne. Those who dare claim as rulers of this time do so in vain. But their time is wasted. My return only solidifies this. He will reign again. They will not keep him from the throne!"

Her eyes shone with passion, even with the flames she now resided. And then...

She blinked as he attempted to offer her some food.

"I do not need such sustenance," she informed, almost seeming repulsed at the very idea- as if the act of eating in of itself repulsed her.