Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just Give Me Your Name [MorningStar]

Started by Goldie, January 07, 2024, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

Elowyn wasn't sure what to make of all of it. The Fae, her people by blood, had clearly given this to her and it seemed to be a tool that could protect them from being discovered. Kaito couldn't find the clasp; claimed that she was changing and becoming someone different. Perhaps this was the bit of freedom that she needed and wouldn't need to be holed up in a room or dependent on Kaito for simply existing.

And, judging by his reaction, it didn't just show one image or one face.

"Am I you?" She asked feeling a sense of rising glee and a mischievous glint appeared in her eye along with a sly smile on her lips. She reached her hand to him and bowed dramatically.

"My dearest, Kaito," she did her best to mimic his inflection and took a step forward to grab his hand and raise it to her lips like a proper gentleman, "You are the greatest of all abductors. I know this because I am you. You are me! Together we will conquer the world!"
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

MorningStar

Well this was just downright silly.

He despised how accurately she mimicked him, his nose crinkling at the hand-kiss. Was this what it felt like to be on the receiving end of his own antics?

"Very funny," he remarked with a wry smile. "But, you need more swagger, and the charm should roll effortlessly off the tongue!"

...Was he really entertaining this?

Kaito, emphasizing his charm and grace, delicately took Elowyn's hand, lifting it to press a tender kiss on her knuckles - a strange feeling to kiss the appearance of one's own hand, despite it still feeling like hers. As he addressed her, his voice gradually transformed into a whisper, and he concluded his sentence by gently placing two fingers beneath her chin, leaning in intimately. "My Dearest El, if it was an abductor you desire, then your wish is my command. With someone as beautiful and clever as you by my side, we can accomplish anything."

He mused that this would be quite the sight were someone to walk in.

Goldie

She couldn't help the giggle that escaped her lips as Kaito began fixing her impersonation. It was the most fun she'd had in a very long time despite the sheer chaos that her life had become since meeting him. She let him lift her hand, thinking he would leave it there but then he was leaning in closer. She could feel the heat of him against her and the fingers lifting her chin caused her cheeks to redden.

Her heart beat against her ribs and, unbeknownst to her, the moment she locked eyes with him the glamour provided by the necklace dropped to reveal her true self. She blinked a few times, frozen, cheeks crimson.

"Oh. Uh...great?" She muttered. How was it that she had been immune to all of the advances of the men throughout the province who sought her out but this...thief...was able to disarm her.

She stepped back and cleared her throat, reaching up to find the necklace clasp, "That's quite enough of that, I should think." She said entirely too fast.

MorningStar

There's that royal tone in your voice again, he thought cheekily.

Still, he couldn't help but smile. Whether it was the sudden transformation or the fact that he was smooth talking himself, he remained blissfully unaware of the impact he might have had on her. Despite that, he found her endearing, even adorable.

Content to see her back in her normal form, he purposefully put some distance between them. Gesturing towards the various articles of clothing scattered on the floor – dropped in his surprise at the sight of the "stranger" – he moved to collect them. Kneeling to pick up the items, he added, "Found some things for you. They should be about your size."

Unintentionally, he scooped what might be the most revealing and, dare he say it, scandalous outfit of the bunch before holding it in front of him. "Want to try it on?"

Goldie

Elowyn had turned from him and was absentmindedly pressing her hands to her cheeks in a desperate attempt to push the extra bloodflow in her face away. She was being stupid. This was stupid. She needed to take some deep breaths and remember why she was even here in the first place: to...steal stuff.

Right? Or...for adventure. Yes. Adventure. That's why she came. Also the worry that her uncle might have tortured her or something. Maybe.

"Oh, wonderful." She said, excited to have something to take her mind off of the butterflies in her stomach and the fire in her face. With a genuine smile she turned to look at what he'd brought and...

The color drained from her face, "You...that's...no...no I'm not going to...Oh my Gods!" Her voice had raised a few registers and her hands raised delicately to her lips. What had she gotten into!?

MorningStar

Kaito handed Elowyn a set of clothes he picked out for her, a wide and proud smile on his face as he did so. However, as he observed her reaction, he noticed a mix of surprise and disapproval. Quickly catching on, he threw the outfit over his shoulder, clearing his throat.

"Not that one!"

Rummaging through the other options, he realized he had unintentionally chosen more provocative ensembles. One by one, he comically tossed them aside with exaggerated motions, each discarded outfit adding to the pile behind him.

"Nope, not this!"

More slung behind his back.

"Oh dear."

Another.

The realization dawned on him, and he couldn't help but laugh at his own miscalculation. Finally, he managed to find something more suitable - the snug bit breathable outfit suited for low-key travel. He held it up with a sheepish grin, "Well, this one should do, right?"

Goldie

At first Elowyn was horrified that he even thought these items would have been acceptable, but as they kept coming her shock turned into complete disapproval. She crossed her arms and stared down her nose at him.

"I'm sorry, but, did you lose your mind when you decided to select these things for me, or are you just crazy?" Perhaps a bit mean spirited, but honestly! This man infiltrated parties and mingled with her people on a regular basis. Never in...well...ever would people of her status wear such items in any other capacity than behind closed doors. "Where did you even find these?"

And then, finally, he held out some muted colored folded cloth and she accepted it, brow furrowed. This seemed better. It was certainly plain, but that was the point wasn't it? To not stand out.

She laid them on the bed and pulled up the loose cotton shirt and the vest that would tie over it - even that was on the improper side of things, but it was better than everything else. But then...then she pulled up the skirt.

Only it wasn't a skirt.

"These are...pants." She blinked, dumbfounded, "For women? Pants for women. You want me to wear pants."

MorningStar

Kaito couldn't help but feel a mix of regret and amusement as the scene unfolded. Unbeknownst to him, he had grabbed an abundance of revealing outfits, resulting in a swift and comical discard that left the floor looking as if it had hosted an unexpected fashion show... or something else entirely.

He frowned slightly at Elowyn's response to the outfit that seemed the most appropriate in his eyes—a pair of pants. What was wrong with pants? "Oh, I'm sorry, would you prefer this?" he asked half-serious, presenting a vibrantly colored mini-skirt that left nothing to the imagination.

His gaze flickered from the skirt to Elowyn and then downward, a subtle shade of shame coloring his expression. "I'm sorry," he muttered, his voice carrying a hint of embarrassment. "I didn't really know what to get you."

Goldie

Elowyn stared at him for a moment, casting her eyes from the skirt to his face. This couldn't be real. None of it. They must still be in the Faerie Realm and this was their punishment for daring to enter in the first place.

He couldn't seriously think...he couldn't have thought...but his face said he did. That he had tried to find clothes that would work for her and had...chosen...this.

A bubble of laughter burst from her scowl and she quickly covered her lips with both hands, doing her best to remain in control. Then she opened her mouth to talk and the laugh returned. And then it wouldn't go away. Soon she found herself doubled over with laughter and was forced to grab onto the bed for support.

"Oh...oh Kia!" She managed to say between gasps. Her sides hurt, tears were in her eyes.

"You...you are being serious. You picked...oh gods!" The laughter continued, "I thought you were," more moments of laughter, "being a creep!"

MorningStar

As Elowyn burst into laughter, Kaito's face underwent a rapid transformation, starting with embarrassment, then shifting to confusion, and finally, he joined in with hearty laughter. His initial laughter was small, almost awkward, but it quickly grew into a contagious roar as they both found the situation silly.

"Ow," Kaito said between laughs, his voice breathy. "Ow! My giggle box!"

However, their time was abruptly interrupted by loud knocks on the door. A disgruntled voice from the other side demanded they quiet down. "Would you two shut the hell up?! I'm trying to sleep!" Kaito's own laughter slowed, replaced by a warm smile on his face that reached his eyes as his gazed settled on his companion.

With a subtle grin, he asked, "so no to the skirt, then?"

Goldie

She covered her mouth with her hands after the knock on the door and still had moments of giggles that rose up despite every effort she took to quell them. Perhaps it wasn't actually that funny and she was just delirious from shock and the anxiety of the new, but it was nice to laugh.

"Oh absolutely not. I'll try the pants. Then perhaps I'll wear this necklace and come with you to supervise next time."

She looked down at the ensemble on the bed and then at the darkness that still lingered outside, "but tomorrow. For now, you should try to sleep."

MorningStar

Accepting her suggestion to get some rest, Kaito declined the bed once more. Instead, he settled onto the floor, using the pile of discarded garments as a makeshift pillow. Gesturing for her to reclaim the bed, he wasn't convinced that she had enough rest during the time he was away.

Unaware if she took to the bed or not, Kaito stared up at the ceiling, his eyes contemplating thoughts that seemed to dance across his mind. The soft smile from their earlier laughter still played on his lips.

Without facing her directly, he spoke, his voice gentle yet probing, "So, about this necklace. Someone gave it to you, right? Someone whose name you might be hesitant to say?"

Goldie

Elowyn was going to protest, but realized that it wouldn't make a difference considering his last reaction to her suggesting he take the bed. Not only that, but he seemed comfortable enough burrowing into the ridiculous clothes he had brought for her. Serves him right, a part of her thought, but there was still the nagging voice in the back of her head that felt like he deserved the bed far more than she. After all, what had she really done at this point besides be a burden?

With a sigh, she placed the only acceptable clothes on the end of the bed and then slid herself between the sheets. To say it was uncomfortable was an understatement, but it was her choice to be here and she wasn't about to complain.

"Mmmm." She mused softly at his question, weighing her options. He had to know now, or at least strongly suspect, that she had walked away from their encounter with the Fae with this new trinket, but the image of their finger over lips kept her silent. She stared at his ears, his red hair, his pointed features, and felt an overwhelming urge to keep him safe. At least as safe as someone like her could manage. She wasn't about to start sword fighting or rushing into battle to defend his honor. But this? If telling him would put him in danger...

"Good night, my clever fox." Was all she said as she rolled onto her side, facing him, and closed her eyes. A small voice seemed to whisper in her ear, trust is earned, little fae, though if it was a dream or reality she didn't know. And she wouldn't remember it in the morning.

MorningStar

So the Fae DID give it to her!

Kaito deduced as much from the way the night unfolded, and her reluctance to confirm outright only solidified his point. While he wasn't one to shy away from gloating — in fact, he rather enjoyed it — he decided to savor this triumph with a quiet sense of satisfaction.

Moreover, her reference to him as her "clever fox" brought an unexpected warmth. It made him... happy? There was something sweet about it, and Kaito's ears couldn't help but twitch playfully in response.

"Sweet dreams, my clever girl," he replied, closing his eyes and allowing sleep to gently take him, a contented smile lingering on his lips.

Goldie

Elowyn woke an hour or so before the sun started to rise. And stared at the ceiling unable to fall back asleep. She wasn't certain how much sleep she had been able to get, but clearly her body had decided it was enough. That, or, the bed was just that uncomfortable and her delicate noble bones couldn't take it anymore.

Whatever the reason, she was awake and she was bored. First she laid there for a bit, but once that got old she quietly moved herself out of the bed and laid the pants ensemble out on the bed. Her own dress was fine, but even the plainest linen was still much too extravagant for her new existence. The deep indigo color alone made her stand out as nobility, it didn't matter that it didn't sport silks or damasks.

The pants, however, were....perfect. Unfortunately. They were different earthy shades of tan with rough, but durable stitching up the sides. The mossy green shirt added to the whole earthiness of the ensemble, and that was before paired with the dark brown leather bodice that was intended to go over it.

With a quick glance to see if Kaito was still asleep, Elowyn turned her back to him and silently began unlacing her dress and slipping the shirt over her head to keep as much modesty as possible. Then came the pants which...Kia what could she say about them? They were restrictive. They were revealing without needing a single bit of skin showing. No one could ever call her curvy but with fabric hugging her body she felt it. Then the bodice: front lacing with enough structure to hold everything in place.

Gods she felt like a completely different person and there wasn't even a full length mirror to see the full effect. She didn't put on any shoes yet, but instead sat on the edge of the bed and began pulling the remaining pins from her hair before running her fingers through it to loosen the tangles. The silvery strands brushed her waist when completely free and, with deft fingers, she pulled it into a series of tight braids from temple to nape of the neck and finished with one solid braid down her back.

She glanced over at the mirror again and marveled at the transformation. She was no longer Elowyn Arrnonia - Fae offspring of Lord Arrnonia, a bastard as some whispered. She was...an adventurer. Still fae in appearance but no longer the same woman she was.

And that, surprisingly, terrified her.

MorningStar

The room was cloaked in a gentle hush as Kaito stirred from his slumber. With slow and quiet movements, he cracked his eyes open, casting an unobtrusive glance towards Elowyn. Witnessing her discreetly changing, he averted his gaze, allowing her a moment of privacy. A subtle respect for her modesty guided his actions. However, as she finished and he dared to look again, the sight that met his eyes left him utterly captivated.

Her clothing, a tailored ensemble that seemed to embrace her form with a delicate precision, drew Kaito's attention. The fabric, though restrictive, showcased a unique allure, revealing without baring a single inch of skin. Elowyn, in that moment, appeared like a living masterpiece, and Kaito found himself quietly mesmerized by the artistry of her being.

He picked out some damn good clothes.

More than that, he was happy to see her.. trying. No matter how diligently he tried to conceal it, an undeniable sense of guilt lingered within him. The awareness that he had played a role in diverting her from the life she once knew weighed heavily on his conscience. While the circumstances leading to their current situation might have seemed inevitable, it didn't alleviate the emotional burden he carried.

He grappled with the uneasy realization that, despite the reasons that brought them together, he had, in a way, disrupted the course of her life. He knew that his life was, well, not for everyone. Regardless, she was trying, and made him feel just a little bit better.

He intentionally cleared his throat, a deliberate signal of his awakened state, before addressing her with a groggy tone. "Good morning, El," he greeted with a tired but genuine smile. "You look..." What's the word? "Cute."

Goldie

Her heart nearly leapt out of her chest when Kaito cleared his throat, spinning around quickly with her hand pressed against her throat. It was silly to have been that startled, but her senses were on edge and this only proved it.

"Oh! Yes. Um. Good morning." She managed to reply before he continued and called her cute. Cute. It was ridiculous to call a grown woman cute. She knew it. But that didn't stop her cheeks from turning red from, what? Embarrassment? Was that what she was feeling?

"Ah..." she looked down at her outfit and shifted uncomfortably, her arms sliding up to cross protectively in front of her chest. "I feel..." wrong? "Exposed." She finished with a sigh and averted her eyes. Her face was getting redder by the second. "Maybe a little stupid? I've never worn pants before...it's...not done."

Gods why did her head feel so hot?

MorningStar

Exposed? That was certainly not exposed - not that he would know! Still, he tried to make her feel better about it. "What are you talking about? You look amazing!"

With a playful grin, Kaito decided to showcase a bit of acrobatic flair, attempting to push up from his back and smoothly leap onto his feet. His intentions were clear – an effort to impress Elowyn with a dash of athleticism. However, the execution didn't quite match the ambition. As he initiated the move, a series of comical missteps unfolded, and with an audible "oof!" he found himself stumbling rather than soaring, ultimately landing back on his rear.

A sheepish grin adorned his face as he rose to his feet with a bit more finesse, dusting off his back and bottom from the earlier tumble. "Anyway," he said, effortlessly dismissing the incident, "Are you ready for your first significant heist? I've figured out our location, and the target isn't far. Brace yourself – it's in a governor's mansion!" Excitement radiated from him as he beamed. "Word has it; this governor is infamous for keeping his people in poverty. Maybe it's high time we assist him in redistributing the wealth."

Goldie

"Oooookay...." Elowyn blinked, speechless, at his complete bumbling. Again, the tiny vindictive side of her chuckled in the back of her mind as he fell onto the horrifying array of clothes and though serves you right. But that stayed there and she wasn't sure it was something she'd ever want, or need, to say.

"Uh...so what's this about a heist? And," she tried to wrap her mind around what he had just said, "You want me to come? To help you? Ah...I don't...I don't know what I'm doing and I might mess everything up like last time...you had practically escaped when I ruined everything."

Once again her cheeks burned and, not for the last time, she thought about just how wrong he was to have brought her at all. This wasn't her world. She didn't know how to exist outside of opulence.

MorningStar

Kaito's eyes met Elowyn's with a gentle intensity, a silent rebuttal to the self-doubt lingering within her. His disappointment wasn't aimed at her perceived lack of contribution, but rather the fact that she underestimated her own worth.

"El," Kaito spoke with a warmth that sought to dissolve the shadows of doubt. "You've got more than you think. The charm of the Fae dances around you now, a suggestion of glamour that makes you extraordinary. And your wit? Trust me, I've been left trailing in the dust by your sharp mind more times than I can count."

His words carried a sincerity that aimed to cut through her self-deprecating thoughts. Kaito believed in her, and he hoped his assurance would act as a mirror, reflecting the strength and capability he saw within her.

Of course, Kaito being Kaito, he couldn't stop there, and made a questionable decision to follow.

Kaito stepped forward, gently cupping Elowyn's cheeks in his hands, the warmth of her flushed skin resonating with a sizzling sensation against his palms. He pressed a quick kiss to her forehead, a silent promise and reassurance in the soft gesture. "Okay then, ready?" he murmured, his voice carrying a mix of warmth and playfulness.

With a swift snap of his fingers, the air seemed to shimmer around them, and Kaito transformed back into the curvy and sultry woman he had cloaked himself with earlier. The enchanting presence that surrounded him now exuded confidence and allure. He cast a mischievous glance at Elowyn, a smirk playing on his lips. "Let's make some magic happen, shall we?"